Author Topic: Clay Monster's Limitations  (Read 378372 times)

Offline Alison2006

• Tennis God
clay monster`s limitations
« Reply #200 on: August 28, 2007, 06:12:29 PM »
Quote from: "hercules"
Quote from: "Alison2006"
anybody else heard this? johhny mac says that nadal has injured his second knee in the last couple of days.

if that really is true, he needs to get off these courts as soon as possible without damaging those knees any further.

i have been saying all along that this guy can do himself and those a knees a favor by dropping 8-10 pounds and take a little bit of presure off those knees and joints. he is too heavy at 190 pounds.

I haven't heard this, when did he say this?? I flipping hope its not true...... :(

johnny mac said it during the blake/russell match. i just hope its not too bad. evidently he must have caught the clay monster during one of his practice sessions.

if the second knee is injured, he needs to get the hell out of here without risking further damage to the knees and get them taken care of.

he will obviously get to test the knees in his 1st round match tomorrow. i was just wondering if somebody else heard more on this.

Thanxs, I am in UK, so I was not aware of what Johnny Mac said.......this is ****ing bad news, I agree he should get the hell out of there, pointless him playing  :(
I never thought he would win 4 French Opens - Roger Federer on Rafa

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #201 on: August 28, 2007, 06:29:35 PM »
anybody else heard this? johhny mac says that nadal has injured his second knee in the last couple of days.

if that really is true, he needs to get off these courts as soon as possible without damaging those knees any further.

i have been saying all along that this guy can do himself and those a knees a favor by dropping 8-10 pounds and take a little bit of presure off those knees and joints. he is too heavy at 190 pounds.

I haven't heard this, when did he say this?? I flipping hope its not true...... :(

johnny mac said it during the blake/russell match. i just hope its not too bad. evidently he must have caught the clay monster during one of his practice sessions.

if the second knee is injured, he needs to get the hell out of here without risking further damage to the knees and get them taken care of.

he will obviously get to test the knees in his 1st round match tomorrow. i was just wondering if somebody else heard more on this.

Thanxs, I am in UK, so I was not aware of what Johnny Mac said.......this is ****ing bad news, I agree he should get the hell out of there, pointless him playing  :(

agreed alison. there is absolutely no need to sacrifice what he has got going at roland garros and at wimby for the sake of trying to prove something on hard courts. there will be time enough for that. any further damage to those knees could compromise his career

he needs to test those knees tomorrow and if there is no progress, its best get the hell out of here and take a little time off and get the knees healthy. hard courts are hell on already ailing knees.

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #202 on: August 28, 2007, 07:03:29 PM »

agreed alison. there is absolutely no need to sacrifice what he has got going at roland garros and at wimby for the sake of trying to prove something on hard courts. there will be time enough for that. any further damage to those knees could compromise his career

he needs to test those knees tomorrow and if there is no progress, its best get the hell out of here and take a little time off and get the knees healthy. hard courts are hell on already ailing knees.

I really hope he is not injured again.  I think he can have a good run here at the open.  There could be some sweet match ups if he stay in the tourney.  If he is hurt though, I agree, he needs to get out and rest.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #203 on: August 28, 2007, 07:10:47 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"

I really hope he is not injured again.  I think he can have a good run here at the open.  There could be some sweet match ups if he stay in the tourney.  If he is hurt though, I agree, he needs to get out and rest.

poor guy has had nothing bad luck with his knees and his feet since he was 17. hopefully he can fix these problems down the road. i would seriously consider playing at about 178-179 pounds as opposed to 190 pounds which is his current weight. he will doing his knnes and his joints service, not to mention how much more efficient he will be moving around the court.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2007, 02:57:04 PM »
clay monster will be lucky to get to the 3rd or 4th round. both knees are giving him trouble now and you can tell that he has not been able to practice much.

the movement is highly suspect and the timing is nearly nonexistent. tough luck for the poor fellow.

has anybody noticed how horrible the service motion is. no wonder he has so many problems with his serve. the mechanics are not there for a more punishing seve.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2007, 02:58:56 PM »
clay monster will be lucky to get to the 3rd or 4th round. both knees are giving him trouble now and you can tell that he has not been able to practice much.

the movement is highly suspect and the timing is nearly nonexistent. tough luck for the poor fellow.

has anybody noticed how horrible the service motion is. no wonder he has so many problems with his serve. the mechanics are not there for a more punishing seve.

How is Mt. Everest hercules?   ..-)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2007, 03:17:25 PM »
Quote from: "OSU Buckeye"

i could only imagine. hillary and tenzing were the first to climb it. i will have to read about their experience.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #207 on: August 29, 2007, 03:22:33 PM »

i could only imagine. hillary and tenzing were the first to climb it. i will have to read about their experience.

You haven't even read about Everest yet it is your location!?   :;:-|

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2007, 03:24:36 PM »

Well, Alison has only ever dreamed about Safin's bed... :whistle:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2007, 03:25:54 PM »
Quote from: "kickserve"

I see now everyone is going to change their location!?   ..-)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2007, 03:28:38 PM »

I see now everyone is going to change their location!?   ..-)

Yeah, I felt UK was a bit too general. I'm sure you could come up with a really creative location, e.g. '2 feet above Scott' or 'at the Rodeo'.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2007, 04:14:45 PM »

i am just always feeling high. very high.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2007, 04:45:08 PM »

alison you gotta stop dreaming about safin`s bed. he will only abuse you if things dont go his way. you know how he rolls.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2007, 08:30:54 PM »
they just said that he had some sort of laser treatment on his knees yesterday  and that he almost didnt play today.

translation: the knees situation may be more serious than we may have realized. i would not be surprised if he pulls out of the tournament before his next match on friday.

my guess is that if he doesnt see any improvement in his knees by the end of the day tomorrow, he is out. that would be a smart decision on his part. why risk damaging the knees further. it is best to go get some treatment for the knees and give them some rest.

Offline Forest Hills

• Tennis Player
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2007, 01:02:03 AM »
One more page from Roger's book. Do NOT play so many tourneys.  Take care of yourself for 10 more, at least, years of tennis. You do not have to win everything and try to become #1 now.  Don't worry about breaking records - that will come.  Rest your mind and body. Underschedule.

Offline FreeBird

• Tennis God
« Reply #215 on: August 30, 2007, 07:51:35 AM »

Your posts tend to reflect that.

:)~

PS  Just kidding Herc, I gotta make fun of others sometimes, as Buckeye gets all teary-eyed if I only make fun of him (which is sort of my natural tendency)....
Good luck on the court is nice to have, but it's usually extraneous when playing against Baker.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2007, 09:39:25 AM »
Quote from: "Forest Hills"
One more page from Roger's book. Do NOT play so many tourneys.  Take care of yourself for 10 more, at least, years of tennis. You do not have to win everything and try to become #1 now.  Don't worry about breaking records - that will come.  Rest your mind and body. Underschedule.

he admires roger. its high time he starts doing some of the things roger does to stay injury free.

i fully agree. i can think of at least 3 tournaments that he did not need to play:

1. hamburg
2. queens
3. stuttgart

if he had done that, he could saved his year. the funny thing is that at the time he entered each one of these tournaments, he was spent and worn out. that can only lead to injury. roger understands this well.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2007, 09:44:24 AM »
Quote from: "FreeBird"

PS  Just kidding Herc, I gotta make fun of others sometimes, as Buckeye gets all teary-eyed if I only make fun of him (which is sort of my natural tendency)....

i would like to make fun of buckeye too but he is given a pass beacuse i am a die hard ohio state buckeye fan. my dad picked up a Ph.D from there a few years back.

so all people who are ohio state buckeye fans are spared from my smart remarks.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2007, 10:02:33 AM »
Quote from: "FreeBird"

i would like to make fun of buckeye too but he is given a pass beacuse i am a die hard ohio state buckeye fan. my dad picked up a Ph.D from there a few years back.

so all people who are ohio state buckeye fans are spared from my smart remarks.

Now that is the way it should be!   :H      It is hard to argue with that logic!   ;-()

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #219 on: August 31, 2007, 11:05:32 PM »
hats off to the clay monster. 2 bum knees and he goes out there and fights. he is likely to get by tsonga on monday but beyond that, it may get a little more difficult. first, the knees are not going to get better on this surface. in fact, they can only get worse. secondly, the serve and the return game is just not there in order to go deep into this tournament.

i disagree with those who think he got a break. first he has 2 bum knees and then he didnt play until wednesday. he retired from cincy in the first round and has not been abel to practice. how is that a break? seems to me that all he is doing is struggling to stay alive here for a match or 2.