Author Topic: Clay Monster's Limitations  (Read 395298 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
clay monster`s limitations
« Reply #220 on: August 31, 2007, 11:13:01 PM »
Quote from: "hercules"
hats off to the clay monster. 2 bum knees and he goes out there and fights. he is likely to get by tsonga on monday but beyond that, it may get a little more difficult. first, the knees are not going to get better on this surface. in fact, they can only get worse. secondly, the serve and the return game is just not there in order to go deep into this tournament.

i disagree with those who think he got a break. first he has 2 bum knees and then he didnt play until wednesday. he retired from cincy in the first round and has not been abel to practice. how is that a break? seems to me that all he is doing is struggling to stay alive here for a match or 2.

Well, he got a break today such that his opponent was injured as well and didn't even finish the match.  It is just the kind of match Nadal needed today, let the knees rest a little more and go out and fire it up Monday and see how he feels.  If he feels good and his knees can last 5 more matches, I think he can do some serious damage here.  Serious damage.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #221 on: August 31, 2007, 11:16:30 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
Well, he got a break today such that his opponent was injured as well and didn't even finish the match.  It is just the kind of match Nadal needed today, let the knees rest a little more and go out and fire it up Monday and see how he feels.  If he feels good and his knees can last 5 more matches, I think he can do some serious damage here.  Serious damage.

ROTFL!!!   Talking about Nadal and 5 more matches.  If he is super lucky there might be 2 more, more likely 1.  Now I know you are crazy.

Also he would not be playing Monday.   All the 3rd matches on the mens side are done by Sunday.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2007, 11:17:49 PM »
Quote from: "kittens25"

ROTFL!!!   Talking about Nadal and 5 more matches.  If he is super lucky there might be 2 more, more likely 1.  Now I know you are crazy.

Shoot, you have been around these parts for several years, you have known for a long time I am crazy.
Scott Baker

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #223 on: August 31, 2007, 11:19:57 PM »
If his knees are feeling better, and if he isn't damaging them further, I'm sooo happy he's hanging in. It seemed to me he was moving really well and I was watching his face to see any sign of pain... I didn't. A few more sessions with the laser doc and he may make the quarters.

:Boxing:

Whatta guy!

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #224 on: August 31, 2007, 11:21:55 PM »
Moving really well?   It is obvious some of you are blind as bats.   He looked even worse today then his first match.  If he wasnt playing an injured opponent he would have lost for sure.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #225 on: August 31, 2007, 11:26:57 PM »
Moving really well?   It is obvious some of you are blind as bats.   He looked even worse today then his first match.  If he wasnt playing an injured opponent he would have lost for sure.

I am not injured but from what I saw today, I would not have been able to hang with him.  :)
Scott Baker

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #226 on: August 31, 2007, 11:30:10 PM »

I am not injured but from what I saw today, I would not have been able to hang with him.  :)

:)~  I have no comeback to that.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #227 on: August 31, 2007, 11:33:06 PM »

Just enjoy the thought of me trying to run those angled shots down and not catching up with a single one.
Scott Baker

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #228 on: August 31, 2007, 11:34:09 PM »

Just enjoy the thought of me trying to run those angled shots down and not catching up with a single one.

Awww but you told me in a PM one time you were really fast because you were small.   ;-()

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #229 on: August 31, 2007, 11:43:54 PM »

I didnt watch his first round match. But today definitely his movement is not as good as it can be, but he didnt need his A game because of the weak opponent. It would be interesting to see how he plays against Tsonga.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #230 on: August 31, 2007, 11:54:36 PM »
hats off to the clay monster. 2 bum knees and he goes out there and fights. he is likely to get by tsonga on monday but beyond that, it may get a little more difficult. first, the knees are not going to get better on this surface. in fact, they can only get worse. secondly, the serve and the return game is just not there in order to go deep into this tournament.

i disagree with those who think he got a break. first he has 2 bum knees and then he didnt play until wednesday. he retired from cincy in the first round and has not been abel to practice. how is that a break? seems to me that all he is doing is struggling to stay alive here for a match or 2.

well the tournament and the sport certainly needs him and his fighting spirit. i am afraid that even healthy nadal is going to have trouble here. i realize that his opponent was injured as well but i was still able to detect a few glaring limitations:

1. the serve is too weak for this surface
2. return game was better today but it is not good enough. and this is so key since he cant really count on his serve.
3. movement. even healthy nadal cant move all that well on this surface. he has said this a number of times himself. he has said that he hates the hard courts and that they inhibit his movement.

that said, i just hope he can get to the quarters and make a decent showing and then get out and go rest and fix those knees. hard courts are not going to make them better.

lastly, he has little or no confidence at the net so it is difficult for him to try to end points at the net. that is another thing that he is going to need work on. luckily the time is on his side.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #231 on: August 31, 2007, 11:57:56 PM »

Awww but you told me in a PM one time you were really fast because you were small.   ;-()

I can speak from experience. He can run them down. He'd get a few of them. The problem is the next one and the next one and the one after that. :;:-|

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #232 on: August 31, 2007, 11:59:37 PM »

blind? possibly. bats? hell no.

i would disagree with one thing: the clay monster would have won today on one leg against this opponent. and while dragging behind him a very dead, large farm animal.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #233 on: September 01, 2007, 12:04:54 AM »
Quote from: "dmastous"

I can speak from experience. He can run them down. He'd get a few of them. The problem is the next one and the next one and the one after that. :;:-|

and then the next one. and then another one. and one more. then 3 more. and all this running just compounds when you dont have a punishing serve and an aggressive return game. you are just destined to run then.

i see your point. that is one of the reasons it will be difficult for him to go deep into this tournament. he will definitely gun down tsonga on sunday. we know that much.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #234 on: September 01, 2007, 12:11:13 AM »
i see your point. that is one of the reasons it will be difficult for him to go deep into this tournament. he will definitely gun down tsonga on sunday. we know that much.

I dont agree. I fully expect Tsonga to beat him.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #235 on: September 01, 2007, 12:24:40 AM »

i fully expect you to be wrong. :uh:   :uh:  :uh:  :uh:  :uh:  :uh:  :uh:

care to make a wager?

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #236 on: September 01, 2007, 12:29:57 AM »

care to make a wager?

Ok, what kind of a wager?

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #237 on: September 01, 2007, 12:37:25 AM »

care to make a wager?

Ok, what kind of a wager?

if the clay monster wins, you have to send $25 to your favorite charity.

as for me, i just know he is going to win.

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #238 on: September 01, 2007, 12:40:32 AM »
if the clay monster wins, you have to send $25 to your favorite charity.

as for me, i just know he is going to win.

That is fine.  The only charity I have given money to is one in New Brunswick for sick children.  So if he wins that is where I will send it to.   If he loses you have to wear a sig until the end of September that reads "kittens is the almighty, do not ever go against the word of king kittens."   :)~

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #239 on: September 01, 2007, 12:50:45 AM »
I havent seen Tsonga play until today. He does have a huge forehand and a big serve. His power game reminded me of blake. Nadal has to be able to move better against Tsonga for sure.