Author Topic: Clay Monster's Limitations  (Read 382721 times)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
clay monster`s limitations
« Reply #240 on: September 01, 2007, 12:58:51 AM »
Quote from: "kittens25"
Quote from: "hercules"
if the clay monster wins, you have to send $25 to your favorite charity.

as for me, i just know he is going to win.

That is fine.  The only charity I have given money to is one in New Brunswick for sick children.  So if he wins that is where I will send it to.   If he loses you have to wear a sig until the end of September that reads "kittens is the almighty, do not ever go against the word of king kittens."   :)~

relax. i will do the same. just send me the address and i will send $25 to the same charity.

and you will have to recognize me as the mighty hercules on this board.

this dud tsonga is ranked like #74. henman is oldder than dirt now and damn near useless and even he took a set off tsonga. and the first set was decided in a tiebreaker. clay monster has this one in the bag. it may take him a while to get going and get a read on this guy`s serve but eventually he will win.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #241 on: September 01, 2007, 01:01:37 AM »
Quote from: "tennisfan78"
I havent seen Tsonga play until today. He does have a huge forehand and a big serve. His power game reminded me of blake. Nadal has to be able to move better against Tsonga for sure.

he is ranked #74. it may take nadal a set or so to find his range and to get a read on his serve but after that, it should be a done deal. if he has a big forehand then he wont to get too many of them.

Offline Fedsuperfan

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #242 on: September 01, 2007, 01:14:46 AM »
Problem with Tsonga is that he does not play smart tennis....no? Just blastin all the way.....
I hope Tsonga win.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #243 on: September 01, 2007, 09:39:55 AM »
Quote from: "tennisfan"
Problem with Tsonga is that he does not play smart tennis....no? Just blastin all the way.....
I hope Tsonga win.

i have never seen him play. i understand he had a couple of big wins on grass at queens unless i am mistaken.

either case, this is a very big stage and he is playing a world #2. and he is ranked #74. my guess is that he lacks consistency. we will soon find out how how it all plays out.

by the way, i am not buying into that 23 second laser treatment for the clay monster. the reason the knees felt a littls better was rest.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #244 on: September 01, 2007, 02:39:37 PM »
things may be getting interesting for the clay monster after his next match against tsonga tomorrow. assuming the knees are doing a little better, he wont have any problem with tsonga tomorrow.

his 4th round opponent is going to be either nalby or ferrer. both are baseliners with relatively weak serves and nadal should be too consistent for them.

here is my guess. i think there is an outside chance that the clay monster could be in the quarters. tsonga is pretty much a done deal and then more than likely, he will face his countryman david ferrer.

here is a guy who almost pulled out and we may just see him in the quarters.

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #245 on: September 01, 2007, 04:09:29 PM »
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
Well, he got a break today such that his opponent was injured as well and didn't even finish the match.  It is just the kind of match Nadal needed today, let the knees rest a little more and go out and fire it up Monday and see how he feels.  If he feels good and his knees can last 5 more matches, I think he can do some serious damage here.  Serious damage.

ROTFL!!!   Talking about Nadal and 5 more matches.  If he is super lucky there might be 2 more, more likely 1.  Now I know you are crazy.

Also he would not be playing Monday.   All the 3rd matches on the mens side are done by Sunday.

I'm feeling a bit of deja vu... this conversation is the same one we heard during Wimbledon (barring the knees).

Before every Rafa match, regardless of the surface, the same speculation... "This guy ______ is going to give him trouble, he may not get through to the next round."

It's amazing, he can't serve, can't return, baseline grinder, no talent as compared to the rest of the field. He's doesn't have much going for him, huh.  :tease:

This time he has a legitimate injury causing him problems and it's unlikely that he will to go the finals, but it seems with Rafa, you can count on him to throw a monkey wrench into somebody's racquet bracket.

:)~

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #246 on: September 01, 2007, 04:56:39 PM »
Quote from: "yellowball"
Quote from: "Tennis4you"
Well, he got a break today such that his opponent was injured as well and didn't even finish the match.  It is just the kind of match Nadal needed today, let the knees rest a little more and go out and fire it up Monday and see how he feels.  If he feels good and his knees can last 5 more matches, I think he can do some serious damage here.  Serious damage.

ROTFL!!!   Talking about Nadal and 5 more matches.  If he is super lucky there might be 2 more, more likely 1.  Now I know you are crazy.

Also he would not be playing Monday.   All the 3rd matches on the mens side are done by Sunday.

I'm feeling a bit of deja vu... this conversation is the same one we heard during Wimbledon (barring the knees).

Before every Rafa match, regardless of the surface, the same speculation... "This guy ______ is going to give him trouble, he may not get through to the next round."

It's amazing, he can't serve, can't return, baseline grinder, no talent as compared to the rest of the field. He's doesn't have much going for him, huh.  :tease:

This time he has a legitimate injury causing him problems and it's unlikely that he will to go the finals, but it seems with Rafa, you can count on him to throw a monkey wrench into somebody's racquet bracket.

:)~

his deal is that he likes to practice a lot and he has not been able to do that. with that heavy topspin oriented ground attack, you have no choice but to hit a lot to keep your timing and to keep the strokes somewhat tuned. vilas and muster also practiced endless hours to keep their strokes tuned up. and borh was the same way.

so not only does he have to deal with 2 bad knees, he is also not able to practice much. that said, he is smart and experienced on the big stage and accordingly, should be able to get by his next 2 opponents. he will struggle a little no doubt but will get through.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #247 on: September 01, 2007, 06:41:20 PM »
does anybody know what time the clay monster is playing tomorrow against tsonga?

thanks in advance.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #248 on: September 01, 2007, 08:17:09 PM »
just found out that his match is the second one at arthur ashe stadium. matches start at 11 am.

so playing in the heat and humidity may actually be good for those knees. should be a good match folks. i expect the clay monster to take it in 4 sets.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #249 on: September 02, 2007, 10:55:52 AM »
lets get ready to rumble. clay monster is on next on arthur ashe stadium. anybody giving him a chance?

this tsonga fella is huge. 6 foot 2 and 200 pounds. i have never seen him play but i hear he has major power.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #250 on: September 02, 2007, 10:56:05 AM »
lets get ready to rumble. clay monster is on next on arthur ashe stadium. anybody giving him a chance?

this tsonga fella is huge. 6 foot 2 and 200 pounds. i have never seen him play but i hear he has major power.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #251 on: September 02, 2007, 12:37:24 PM »
i dont think nadal is looking sharp enough. he just said in an interview that he was really hurting yesterday.

so this deal could be tough. we will see.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #252 on: September 02, 2007, 01:03:04 PM »
i may be wrong about my prediction. he is not looking like he is happy out there. and also, if he cant get this guy`s serve back, he is not going to win this match.

that return of serve is horrible at best.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #253 on: September 02, 2007, 01:16:39 PM »
i may be wrong about my prediction. he is not looking like he is happy out there. and also, if he cant get this guy`s serve back, he is not going to win this match.

that return of serve is horrible at best.

He's done enough to take the 1st set on a tie-break.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #254 on: September 02, 2007, 01:22:14 PM »
hercules is setting himself up for dissapointment.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #255 on: September 02, 2007, 01:29:15 PM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
hercules is setting himself up for dissapointment.

i just cant get over that miserable return of serve. we saw why federer rules with ease yesterday and the big fella had a much bigger serve than tsonga.

and then federer backs it up with a monster serve of his own.

like i said, in order to win here, you need one or the other: you either need a great serve or a great return game. you cant tell me clay monster has an effective return of serve. even he said himself after wimby that he needed a better serve and a better return of serve.

i guess we can be less critical this time since he is in a quite a bit of pain.

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #256 on: September 02, 2007, 01:29:24 PM »
This is the first match I've seen Tsonga play... he's good and will certainly get better. He's WAY strong! It's a pretty good match.

Rafa seems to be moving well but his attitude seems a bit flat, don't know what that might be about unless he's in a little pain. Dunno. I'd never seen Rafa hit one back right at the opponent before... :-o  but he obviously intended to take a direct hit at Tsonga (twice?).

Rafa's my boy, I'm holding my breath. Every match, every round, it ain't over 'til it's over!

:shakey:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #257 on: September 02, 2007, 01:32:48 PM »
This is the first match I've seen Tsonga play... he's good and will certainly get better. He's WAY strong! It's a pretty good match.

Rafa seems to be moving well but his attitude seems a bit flat, don't know what that might be about unless he's in a little pain. Dunno. I'd never seen Rafa hit one back right at the opponent before... :-o  but he obviously intended to take a direct hit at Tsonga (twice?).

Rafa's my boy, I'm holding my breath. Every match, every round, it ain't over 'til it's over!

The one I saw he was hitting at Tsonga's left hip which is a major vulnerable spot for any right handed volleyer. Tough to hit an offensive volley on a ball hit there.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2007, 01:48:41 PM »

you can start breathing now. he is 49-0 in slams when he wins the first set. i still dont like his chances here. not even if he was 100%. he does not have the goods:

1. he needs a better serve
2. even more importantly, he needs a bigger return of serve

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #259 on: September 02, 2007, 02:09:21 PM »

2. even more importantly, he needs a bigger return of serve

..-)

An ambition fulfilled