Author Topic: Clay Monster's Limitations  (Read 381482 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: Clay Monster's Limitations
« Reply #6740 on: January 28, 2009, 11:54:43 AM »
Absolutely this is the ebst Rafa has played on HC....i can't stop praising him now...I hope he continues his warpath successfully all the way to the trophy   :king:

he is writing a new book. its to be titled "The Art of Relentless Devastation".
We Rafans are the first to read it and see Rafa's stamp on it  :)

the "art of relentless devastation" is very much on display in Melbourne.

he is unstoppable now..........they(other players) should have beaten him at least by 4th round..........now they will only witness him creating history.........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #6741 on: January 28, 2009, 03:33:16 PM »
I like optimistic and positive people, but some of us Nadal fans are getting past positive and into arrogant which is what I don't like in some other players and fans. Right now Rafa is #1 and we can be proud, but there's no point in discounting every other player on the planet. We don't have a clue what's going to happen in the next two rounds. We THINK we know, we HOPE we know, but we don't know.

I think there are some on this forum, and you know who you are, that are giving all Nadal fans kind of a bad name. I'm 100% behind Rafa, but a humility never hurts. Take a hint from Rafa.  :\

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #6742 on: January 28, 2009, 10:20:33 PM »
I like optimistic and positive people, but some of us Nadal fans are getting past positive and into arrogant which is what I don't like in some other players and fans. Right now Rafa is #1 and we can be proud, but there's no point in discounting every other player on the planet. We don't have a clue what's going to happen in the next two rounds. We THINK we know, we HOPE we know, but we don't know.

I think there are some on this forum, and you know who you are, that are giving all Nadal fans kind of a bad name. I'm 100% behind Rafa, but a humility never hurts. Take a hint from Rafa.  :\

they are all having good, clean fun. i dont see any signs of arrogance.

Fed has completely dominated all tennis conversations on all forums for over 4 years. his fans--Federereeeeeesians---have further monopolized all tennis talk. throw in mindless and nonstop hero worship. you can talk to them about arrogance if you feel the need to. they get it from their hero.

are you running for a public office?

Offline tain316

• Tennis God
  • 3 Down, 1 More to Go!
« Reply #6743 on: January 29, 2009, 12:38:54 AM »

they are all having good, clean fun. i dont see any signs of arrogance.

Fed has completely dominated all tennis conversations on all forums for over 4 years. his fans--Federereeeeeesians---have further monopolized all tennis talk. throw in mindless and nonstop hero worship. you can talk to them about arrogance if you feel the need to. they get it from their hero.

are you running for a public office?

Why do you say, "they"?  It is obvious that you are one of those who is acting as though he is unstoppable and he will do this and that.  And also you are one of the most arrogant posters dealing with Rafa and other players so I wouldn't expect you to see "any signs of arrogance".  Also, just because other Fed fans said a bunch of stuff doesn't mean you have to retaliate to prove a point.  I mean you are not proving anything!  Do two wrongs make a right to you, herc?  Maybe according to the arithmetic that was taught to you.  You want to talk about "mindless and non-stop hero worship"?  Why not bring up the constant "ultimate doomsday stroking machine" and other foolish names that you give to Rafa.  That kinda discredits all the other players too if you didn't get it.  Oh, and you thinking that he has bagged two slams this year without having even played them demonstrates your "arrogance" as well.  Who is to say he is going to win Roland Garros and Wimbledon again just because he won it once?  I agree with Yellowball that you should learn a lesson in humility from your "favorite" player.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #6744 on: January 29, 2009, 07:05:58 AM »

://  Yellowball.
Fun is fine.  Arrogance is rude.
Vamos Rafa.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6745 on: January 29, 2009, 08:29:39 AM »
enter the mighty clay monster. he is now ready to show the world that he can make his topspin work on the hard courts. some improvements are still not there which is why i had suggested that it might be 2010 before he finally nails his first slam on hard courts. i had ls said that it would come in Australia.

looks like he is going to try to do it without some of the improvements i have been hoping for forever. it just means everything is pretty much dependent on his ground game. there are still not sufficient number of free points with his serve and at the forecourt.

he sort of reverted back to somewhat defensive mode against Simon but the bright side is that he needed the test and the practice to fine tune that grond game.

i dont think he is going to have any problems with Verdasco. Fed is praying already that Verdasco wins. check out his remark:

I'd like to play Fernando because he's never played a Grand Slam final before," said Federer. "I have an edge there.

this tells me that he is still scared to death of the Clay Monster. this is good. he knows he will have his hands full in the final. Clay Monster is just not going to go away in the final. he will fight to the death if he has to.

STOP PRESS
28th January

Rafa beat Gilles Simon 6-2 7-5 7-5 in the quarter final of the Australian Open. As the close score suggests it was a tougher match than any he has played so far. According to Spanish pundits Rafa's relative lack of aggression in this match was due to a game plan devised to prevent Simon feeding off his power. It worked well.

So now for the second year running he's in the semi final. He'll play this year's hot-streak player, fellow countryman and Davis Cup teammate Fernando Verdasco. The match will be on Friday at 7:30 pm in Melbourne, 8:30 am GMT, 9:30 am CET, 3:30 am EST

Work out times in your time zone with this handy converter.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #6746 on: January 29, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »
it's over for fed, hercs.........he allowed roddick to take 12 games.........just imagine what rafael would do to him.........he's already mentally beaten before the match itself........just look at his interview........he says he wants to play verdasco........
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6747 on: January 29, 2009, 08:50:23 AM »
it's over for fed, hercs.........he allowed roddick to take 12 games.........just imagine what rafael would do to him.........he's already mentally beaten before the match itself........just look at his interview........he says he wants to play verdasco........

affirmative general shankski. Fed`s fear of the clay monster says it all. here is the real source of fear:

Fed fears that should he lose, he will have been dominated by a clay courter with a relatively limited game on every surface imaginable.this is what is also driving Federereeeeeesians mad. this is why they are trolling nonstop now. they are even coming here for personal attacks which is sad and pathetic.

they cant come up with smart, objective posts. personal attacks just shows their limited knowledge about the sport and it shows very poor sportsmanship.

you dont see me engaging in this cheap, pathetic personal attacks. it just weakens their standing that much more. it is also a very cheap and transparent way to try to make themselves look superior.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 08:52:14 AM by hercules »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #6748 on: January 29, 2009, 09:01:26 AM »

affirmative general shankski. Fed`s fear of the clay monster says it all. here is the real source of fear:

Fed fears that should he lose, he will have been dominated by a clay courter with a relatively limited game on every surface imaginable.this is what is also driving Federereeeeeesians mad. this is why they are trolling nonstop now. they are even coming here for personal attacks which is sad and pathetic.

they cant come up with smart, objective posts. personal attacks just shows their limited knowledge about the sport and it shows very poor sportsmanship.

you dont see me engaging in this cheap, pathetic personal attacks. it just weakens their standing that much more. it is also a very cheap and transparent way to try to make themselves look superior.

let's not care and entertain those trolls, hercs..........they all fear the warrior king of tennis and there is nothing new in it.........they cannot do anything about it and hence they try to lay themselves on the king's brigade mocking, bickering and ranting.........go rafael! shut everyone.........

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6749 on: January 29, 2009, 09:09:34 AM »

let's not care and entertain those trolls, hercs..........they all fear the warrior king of tennis and there is nothing new in it.........they cannot do anything about it and hence they try to lay themselves on the king's brigade mocking, bickering and ranting.........go rafael! shut everyone.........

affirmative general shankski. now that Fed has made public his real fear of the clay monster, it is pretty much a done deal now.

i give the first set to Fed but once the clay monster gets his teeth into the match, there will be no place to hide for Fed. no place to hide at all.

he cannot come up with the goods against the warrior king from the backcourt since he doesn thave them. his weker wing will be terrorized to no end. this also opens up the court.

all he can do and will be forced to do is take massive risks. his big serve will keep him in the match for a little while but after that, it should be all Clay monster all the time.

once you break Fed will and his spirit, he actually starts throwing his arms up in the air. you will see that in the final.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #6750 on: January 29, 2009, 09:37:04 AM »

affirmative general shankski. now that Fed has made public his real fear of the clay monster, it is pretty much a done deal now.

i give the first set to Fed but once the clay monster gets his teeth into the match, there will be no place to hide for Fed. no place to hide at all.

he cannot come up with the goods against the warrior king from the backcourt since he doesn thave them. his weker wing will be terrorized to no end. this also opens up the court.

all he can do and will be forced to do is take massive risks. his big serve will keep him in the match for a little while but after that, it should be all Clay monster all the time.

once you break Fed will and his spirit, he actually starts throwing his arms up in the air. you will see that in the final.

should clay monster take one of the first two sets(which he will), the story ends..........by then he would have gotten his grip on the things and those strokes get better and better pushing fed deeper and deeper..........no wonder that fed made it public.........he would already be reeling the scene in his mind........he's scared at the very thought of facing the warrior king whose serve, return of serve and volley are not even half of what his is.........i thought he was better than that, mentally..........

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6751 on: January 29, 2009, 10:04:49 AM »

should clay monster take one of the first two sets(which he will), the story ends..........by then he would have gotten his grip on the things and those strokes get better and better pushing fed deeper and deeper..........no wonder that fed made it public.........he would already be reeling the scene in his mind........he's scared at the very thought of facing the warrior king whose serve, return of serve and volley are not even half of what his is.........i thought he was better than that, mentally..........

good post general shankski. i think you are right. all the clay monster has to do is win the first set or the second and the story does end.

Fed is in ruins mentally already.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6752 on: January 29, 2009, 08:15:21 PM »
enter the mighty clay monster. looks like the message has been sent. its loud and clear. start fearing. Fed has said that he prefers to play Verdasco. he said he has the edge with Verdasco.

STOP PRESS
28th January

Rafa beat Gilles Simon 6-2 7-5 7-5 in the quarter final of the Australian Open. As the close score suggests it was a tougher match than any he has played so far. According to Spanish pundits Rafa's relative lack of aggression in this match was due to a game plan devised to prevent Simon feeding off his power. It worked well.

So now for the second year running he's in the semi final. He'll play this year's hot-streak player, fellow countryman and Davis Cup teammate Fernando Verdasco. The match will be on Friday at 7:30 pm in Melbourne, 8:30 am GMT, 9:30 am CET, 3:30 am ESTWork out times in your time zone with this handy converter.

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #6753 on: January 29, 2009, 08:53:18 PM »
enter the mighty clay monster. looks like the message has been sent. its loud and clear. start fearing. Fed has said that he prefers to play Verdasco. he said he has the edge with Verdasco.

STOP PRESS
28th January

So now for the second year running he's in the semi final. He'll play this year's hot-streak player, fellow countryman and Davis Cup teammate Fernando Verdasco. The match will be on Friday at 7:30 pm in Melbourne, 8:30 am GMT, 9:30 am CET, 3:30 am ESTWork out times in your time zone with this handy converter.

Uh, I guess the handy time converter didn't "convert" too well on being copied and moved along with other info from Vamos Brigade.  :rofl_2:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6754 on: January 29, 2009, 08:55:57 PM »
this is the article that i saw earlier:

Federer anticipates Nadal, but hopes for Verdasco
1/29/09 7:59 PM | Ricky Dimon

Roger Federer admits that he would rather play Fernando Verdasco in Sunday's Australian Open final. Realistically, however, he expects to face Rafael Nadal yet again.

Roger Federer advanced to the Australian Open title match with a 6-2, 7-5, 7-5 win over Andy Roddick on Thursday night in Melbourne. Now all that's left for Federer to do before the final is kick back and find out against whom he will be playing on Sunday night.

Rafael Nadal and Fernando Verdasco will decided that in an all-Spanish semifinal clash on Friday. "It's exciting to see two great shot-makers," Federer said of that upcoming match. "Fernando has one of the best forehands in the game and Rafa, obviously he's got that incredible tenacity out on the court."

Despite having just a 6-12 record against Nadal, including a four-match losing streak, the world No. 2 has little interest in getting another shot at the game's top-ranked player. " I'd like to play Fernando because he's never played a Grand Slam final before," Federer explained. "I have an edge there."

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #6755 on: January 29, 2009, 08:59:44 PM »

STOP PRESS
28th January

Uh, I guess the handy time converter didn't "convert" too well on being copied and moved along with other info from Vamos Brigade.  :rofl_2:

i am still debating if i should stay up. more than likely, i dont see the need.

Verdasco is good and he is playing well but he really doesnt stand a chance. clay monster is going to work him over for 3 hours or so. Verdasco will have nothing left in the tank after that.

every set is so physical against the clay monster.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:01:46 PM by hercules »

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #6756 on: January 30, 2009, 08:38:51 AM »
Well, the outcome of that match should open your eyes a bit. I don't like being upset with my own fan group, but the last few days has been ridiculous on our side. Rafa is STILL not a GREAT hard court player. Verdasco DOES PREFER hard court!  How can you just overlook that and continue to talk as tho' Verdasco would be no competition at all. Verdasco has been playing some beautiful tennis.

I'm so glad Rafa came out on top but I really hope we can settle down a bit. I know you say it's all in good fun, but sometimes the posts are so over the top is just annoying and ridiculous.

Thank you for your time.  :rofl_2:

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #6757 on: January 30, 2009, 08:47:16 AM »
Great match from rafa and Verdasco...rafa is just mentally so tenacious...he's Spain's pride  :king:

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #6758 on: January 30, 2009, 09:01:27 AM »
Great match from rafa and Verdasco...rafa is just mentally so tenacious...he's Spain's pride  :king:

He should be Spain's pride!  Vamos!

I'm sure Rafa is too pooped to be very happy at this moment. I'm very proud of him, as you said and I'm also so happy that Verdasco may be able to keep this going and continue show the beautiful tennis he is capable of.  He could very well be in the Top 5 soon.

Rafa's first HC Slam final! It would be almost too good to be true if he could win here, but that's much the way I felt before Wimbledon and he took the win.

I must confess tho' that Rafa's knees and playing that long and hard is cause for concern, I hope they're okay. We'll have to see how it goes from here.

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #6759 on: January 30, 2009, 09:04:07 AM »

He should be Spain's pride!  Vamos!

I'm sure Rafa is too pooped to be very happy at this moment. I'm very proud of him, as you said and I'm also so happy that Verdasco may be able to keep this going and continue show the beautiful tennis he is capable of.  He could very well be in the Top 5 soon.

Rafa's first HC Slam final! It would be almost too good to be true if he could win here, but that's much the way I felt before Wimbledon and he took the win.

I must confess tho' that Rafa's knees and playing that long and hard is cause for concern, I hope they're okay. We'll have to see how it goes from here.
i'm already proud of his achievement so even if he doesn't win on sunday i know why...I think he has been the best player this fortnight...I'm happy for that.

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason