Author Topic: Clay Monster's Limitations  (Read 390899 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
clay monster`s limitations
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2007, 09:42:03 AM »
Quote from: "pawan89"
Quote from: "blisteringboom"
This may go awry.

Scott will not tolerate this board going to hell.

Heed this warning all you haters, whomever you may be.

Yellowball started this fight, lets leave old wounds to mend. If any sort of behavioral issues come up from new posters affecting this board in any way I am sure the flames of the fight will be doused quickly.

://

We don't know you new people and we would like to believe we have tennis fans who like talking about tennis in a way that encourages discussion and new views and we hope its presented decently. And we are more than capable of drawing our own conclusions of the people in due time and don't really need to be given warnings. We all have differences in views and may not always express them the way someone else likes - there's plenty of solutions to this, personal attacks and destroying this board for all others not involved is NOT one of them.  

:thx!)

I pretty much saw this coming when I started to see all the tennis.com people cross over. It's only surprising that it took this long for them to start opening old wounds and bringing their fight here. While on the TW board I saw numerous rolling hatefests. people attacking people for the sake of attacking them regardless of what the thread was about. It was about their dislike for that person.
It was only a matter to of time once the first tennis.com member found greener pastures here, and brought a few of his friends, followed by a few more. Pretty soon the old dissagreements start to flare up and the very reason they left that board in the first place becomes a reality here.
Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2007, 09:47:20 AM »
We've had this before to a certain extent, when people from the old BBC board came over here: myself, Alison2006, boromir and Dr Sincere. Scott handled it pretty well: boromir and Dr Sincere left (I assume banned?) and Alison and I have learnt to get along by going months without reginiting any of the old Federer-Sampras debates. Hopefully he'll manage the tennis.com posters with similar success.

Offline Messagesent

• Tennis Player
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2007, 09:51:42 AM »
Quote from: "dmastous"
This may go awry.

Yellowball started this fight, lets leave old wounds to mend. If any sort of behavioral issues come up from new posters affecting this board in any way I am sure the flames of the fight will be doused quickly.

We don't know you new people and we would like to believe we have tennis fans who like talking about tennis in a way that encourages discussion and new views and we hope its presented decently. And we are more than capable of drawing our own conclusions of the people in due time and don't really need to be given warnings. We all have differences in views and may not always express them the way someone else likes - there's plenty of solutions to this, personal attacks and destroying this board for all others not involved is NOT one of them.  

I pretty much saw this coming when I started to see all the tennis.com people cross over. It's only surprising that it took this long for them to start opening old wounds and bringing their fight here. While on the TW board I saw numerous rolling hatefests. people attacking people for the sake of attacking them regardless of what the thread was about. It was about their dislike for that person.
It was only a matter to of time once the first tennis.com member found greener pastures here, and brought a few of his friends, followed by a few more. Pretty soon the old dissagreements start to flare up and the very reason they left that board in the first place becomes a reality here.

You'll see that there are some members who have crossed over (sounds like a sci-fi movie) that are good members, who may engage in arguments from time to time, but are really just passionate tennis fans.  I don't see anything wrong with that.

Where I had issues with the old board is when you see one member attack another, then the threads come out about how biased certain posters are or how they argued one way in one thread then another way in another.

The moment the discussion turns poster based and not topic based, that's when it seems to violate the space for the rest of us.

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2007, 09:52:22 AM »
Great point. Both of you were instated in our training program, and you passed, by a slim margin. :P
"So soon it parted , lifting itself into the air. It bent – the world did. High was low , low was high ,and so he soared into the ground that was the sky." Tyler Vergil

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2007, 10:06:39 AM »
Quote from: "Messagesent"
This may go awry.

You'll see that there are some members who have crossed over (sounds like a sci-fi movie) that are good members, who may engage in arguments from time to time, but are really just passionate tennis fans.  I don't see anything wrong with that.

Where I had issues with the old board is when you see one member attack another, then the threads come out about how biased certain posters are or how they argued one way in one thread then another way in another.

The moment the discussion turns poster based and not topic based, that's when it seems to violate the space for the rest of us.

We remain hopefull you will come with your tennis enthusiasm and knowledge and leave your biases behind (not just you, or even just tennis.comers, but anyone who comes here looking for greener pastures).

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2007, 01:50:42 PM »
This may go awry.

We remain hopefull you will come with your tennis enthusiasm and knowledge and leave your biases behind (not just you, or even just tennis.comers, but anyone who comes here looking for greener pastures).

its a great board with great people. i am already enjoying these various posts. i have been made to feel welcome here so i have no complaints.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2007, 05:13:36 PM »
Quote from: hercules
Quote from: dmastous
Quote from: Messagesent

its a great board with great people. i am already enjoying these various posts. i have been made to feel welcome here so i have no complaints.
[/b]

I've enjoyed reading your post so I hope you continue posting here as well... :))

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2007, 05:26:44 PM »
Quote from: Dallas
Quote from: Messagesent

[/b]

I've enjoyed reading your post so I hope you continue posting here as well... :))

thanks. its a wonderful board. i like dallas, osu buckeye, and kickserve just to name a few. kittens and the rest are also super cool.

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2007, 05:28:07 PM »
*cough*
"So soon it parted , lifting itself into the air. It bent – the world did. High was low , low was high ,and so he soared into the ground that was the sky." Tyler Vergil

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2007, 05:30:53 PM »
*cough*

I'm sure he didn't mean to leave you out..  :angle-not:

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2007, 05:32:12 PM »
Tell that to my self esteem. :P

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2007, 05:34:03 PM »
Quote from: Dallas

[/b]

thanks. its a wonderful board. i like dallas, osu buckeye, and kickserve just to name a few. kittens and the rest are also super cool.

Nice to be appreciated!

blisteringboom, the rest of us like you :uh:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2007, 05:34:46 PM »
*cough*

blisteringboom definitely has it going on here. i am enjoying your posts as well.

you must have a deadly serve. they called becker "boom boom". they call you blistering boom. cool.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2007, 05:35:42 PM »
Quote from: "hercules"
*cough*

blisteringboom definitely has it going on here. i am enjoying your posts as well.

you must have a deadly serve. they called becker "boom boom". they call you blistering boom. cool.

Oooh hercules...way to kiss up huh! :laugh-bounce:

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2007, 05:36:23 PM »
Seriously, now I don't want your stamp of approval. :P

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2007, 05:37:54 PM »
Seriously, now I don't want your stamp of approval. :P

All this time blisteringboom... and I am just now noticing you're from Canada!  You and ...kittens! :))

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2007, 05:40:50 PM »
Quote from: "Dallas"
Quote from: "hercules"
*cough*

Oooh hercules...way to kiss up huh! :laugh-bounce:

call me a diplomat. hey check this out. i may just get along fine with blisteringboom. i have relatives living in montreal and have been there a couple of times when i was a kid.

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2007, 05:51:56 PM »
Nice place to live.

Great night life. Good tennis courts. :)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2007, 06:57:04 PM »
Nice place to live.

Great night life. Good tennis courts. :)

what about the women? are they easy there?

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2007, 06:58:41 PM »
Easy in what way...