Author Topic: Clay Monster's Limitations  (Read 391882 times)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: A New beginning?
« Reply #3900 on: May 08, 2008, 01:47:15 AM »
yeah sure. it can also be the new beginning of his fall, we'll just wait and see. when Roger loses a match it turns into this whole "Is this the new beginning of Roger's decline where people gain confidence to beat him everywhere and his reign's over" thing.

Nadal's still the man to beat and I don't think this loss is all of a going to turn him into a super super superhuman sorta thing because he still is pretty much unbeatable. Wasn't there some injury business going on today? I am sure there must have been, if not injury, tiredness.
roger is no more 21, 22 n u know he ll be 27 this august n hence r those susceptible voices like "roger's going down" n all whenever he faces a defeat.......rafa is still the invincible genious on clay. ll never doubt at that......the question is, ll he realize his shortcomings(like i mentioned in some other hot thread, his reluctance to use flat forehand n all) on other surfaces as well thru this defeat? ll he realize the amount of tennis that he's playing esp on hardcourts?
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

i demand french open to be renamed RAFAEL GARROS

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: Clay Monster's Limitations
« Reply #3901 on: May 08, 2008, 01:57:32 AM »

the only thing that comes to my mind when i hear or see rafa getting injured is the amount of hardcourt tennis that he plays.to me these injuries of his r all due to his heavy participation on those no cushion,stressful hardcourts.......well, it might look funny but what i feel is,all the reasons y rafa gets injured so frequently boil down to one serious thing n that's the flat forehand that he's reluctant to use on hards.......one flat forehand of his ll prevent him from running for 3 to 4 extra shots every point which helps his body enormously over a length of time.......added to his voes, he is playing doubles in every HC tourney which can be reasoned as his dedication towards olympic medal for his country.now that hell of a lot tennis.....i m sure he won't play doubles again after olympics.

as far as HC tennis is concerned,i ve always felt that rafa shud only take part in all the masters events n GS with the exemption of chennai open coz he needs a warm up before a GS like oz open, not that coz i m an indian ;-().......that ll keep him fresh n ll make him raring to go.......too much of anything is good for nothing.maybe he wudn't ve cared much about his HC defeats but definitely this defeat of his ll remind him the  gruelling amount of tennis that he's playing........

Lots of players play on hard courts and don't have the same issues. Yes his effort level is a step above most, but is it that much more that he can't stay healthy where others can?
He has to play on hards because that's almost half the rankings points. In addition 4 of the MS and one GS are on hards. He has to show up for the MS tourneys as they are mandatory, and he has to do well in them to maintain his ranking. Not playing on hard courts is not an option.
yes, he shud play all the mandatory events.that's what i meant. there r 7 MS on hards(if u include the carpet event in paris n yr end masters cup) n 3 on clay. he shud play all those events along with the 4 GS. never said against that. now the remaining 4 or 5 events(to round off the 18 or 19 events for the ATP rankings) that he plays shud be on clay but not on hards.......he shud skip tournos like dubai,rotterdam,etc. added to that he's playing doubles in atleast 9 to 10 events out of those 18 or 19.......now that's tons n tons of tennis............
Marian Vajda to Novak Djokovic, "I saw you beat that man like I never saw no man get beat before, and the man KEPT COMING AFTER YOU! Now we don't need no man like that in our lives."

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #3902 on: May 08, 2008, 04:34:00 AM »

the only thing that comes to my mind when i hear or see rafa getting injured is the amount of hardcourt tennis that he plays.to me these injuries of his r all due to his heavy participation on those no cushion,stressful hardcourts.......well, it might look funny but what i feel is,all the reasons y rafa gets injured so frequently boil down to one serious thing n that's the flat forehand that he's reluctant to use on hards.......one flat forehand of his ll prevent him from running for 3 to 4 extra shots every point which helps his body enormously over a length of time.......added to his voes, he is playing doubles in every HC tourney which can be reasoned as his dedication towards olympic medal for his country.now that hell of a lot tennis.....i m sure he won't play doubles again after olympics.

as far as HC tennis is concerned,i ve always felt that rafa shud only take part in all the masters events n GS with the exemption of chennai open coz he needs a warm up before a GS like oz open, not that coz i m an indian ;-().......that ll keep him fresh n ll make him raring to go.......too much of anything is good for nothing.maybe he wudn't ve cared much about his HC defeats but definitely this defeat of his ll remind him the  gruelling amount of tennis that he's playing........

Lots of players play on hard courts and don't have the same issues. Yes his effort level is a step above most, but is it that much more that he can't stay healthy where others can?
He has to play on hards because that's almost half the rankings points. In addition 4 of the MS and one GS are on hards. He has to show up for the MS tourneys as they are mandatory, and he has to do well in them to maintain his ranking. Not playing on hard courts is not an option.
yes, he shud play all the mandatory events.that's what i meant. there r 7 MS on hards(if u include the carpet event in paris n yr end masters cup) n 3 on clay. he shud play all those events along with the 4 GS. never said against that. now the remaining 4 or 5 events(to round off the 18 or 19 events for the ATP rankings) that he plays shud be on clay but not on hards.......he shud skip tournos like dubai,rotterdam,etc. added to that he's playing doubles in atleast 9 to 10 events out of those 18 or 19.......now that's tons n tons of tennis............
but he plays the small tourneys because he wants to improve on hard courts, I agree he should play on clay in Latin America instead of hards, look at the list of champions there, he should won all the small touneys on clay
2009 schedule should be:
4 grand slams, 9 MS and 3 500 events: Acapulco, Barcelona - clay, Valencia carpet and two small but prestigious tourneys like Stuttgart or Kitzbuhel, Queens and Chennai -to get ready for SW19 and AO.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 04:34:39 AM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #3903 on: May 08, 2008, 05:33:33 AM »

but he plays the small tourneys because he wants to improve on hard courts, I agree he should play on clay in Latin America instead of hards, look at the list of champions there, he should won all the small touneys on clay
2009 schedule should be:
4 grand slams, 9 MS and 3 500 events: Acapulco, Barcelona - clay, Valencia carpet and two small but prestigious tourneys like Stuttgart or Kitzbuhel, Queens and Chennai -to get ready for SW19 and AO.
agree with that. not to forget TMC as well........chennai n the 7 MS(including TMC) shud form his HC schedule.so overall 8 HC tourneys in a yr is ok......i don't quite buy that theory that he wud improve on hards if he plays more n more HC tennis.......coz it's not the age now to do so.he's an established ATP player already. he shud ve experimented with his HC schedule in his junior days........he shud plan his HC tourneys cleverly n give his best shot at them.that keeps him fresh always........

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #3904 on: May 08, 2008, 06:00:36 AM »

2009 schedule should be:
agree with that. not to forget TMC as well........chennai n the 7 MS(including TMC) shud form his HC schedule.so overall 8 HC tourneys in a yr is ok......i don't quite buy that theory that he wud improve on hards if he plays more n more HC tennis.......coz it's not the age now to do so.he's an established ATP player already. he shud ve experimented with his HC schedule in his junior days........he shud plan his HC tourneys cleverly n give his best shot at them.that keeps him fresh always........
yes, I agree it's not the age to do so...he should play more on hist best surface and forget all hardcourts tourneys that are not MS! Last year he played 20 tourneys including Masters Cup. that could be a great schedule for 2009:
1-Chennai (hards)
2-GS-AO (hards)
3-Brazil (clay)
4-500 Acapulco (clay)
5-MS Indian Wells (hards)
6-MS Miami (hards)
7-MS Monte Carlo (clay)
8-500 Barcelona (clay)
9-MS Rome (clay)
10-MS Madrid (clay)
11-GS-FO (clay)
12-Queens (grass)
13-GS-Wimby (grass)
14-Stuttgart (clay)
15-MS Canada (hards)
16-MS Cincy (hards)
17-GS-USO (hards)
18-MS Shanghai (hards)
19-500 Valencia (carpet)
20-MS Paris (carpet)
then Masters Cup in London! 7 torneys on clay, 8 on hards, 2 on grass and 2 on carpet -he can add Baires or Kitzbuhel on clay and he should not play in 500 Rotterdam, 500 Dubai
but he can win some valuable points in the asian swing: 500 Beijing, 500 Tokyo -and not play in 500 Basel-
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 06:04:06 AM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #3905 on: May 08, 2008, 06:21:07 AM »

2009 schedule should be:
yes, I agree it's not the age to do so...he should play more on hist best surface and forget all hardcourts tourneys that are not MS! Last year he played 20 tourneys including Masters Cup. that could be a great schedule for 2009:
1-Chennai (hards)
2-GS-AO (hards)
3-Brazil (clay)
4-500 Acapulco (clay)
6-MS Miami (hards)
7-MS Monte Carlo (clay)
8-500 Barcelona (clay)
9-MS Rome (clay)
10-MS Madrid (clay)
11-GS-FO (clay)
12-Queens (grass)
13-GS-Wimby (grass)
14-Stuttgart (clay)
15-MS Canada (hards)
16-MS Cincy (hards)
17-GS-USO (hards)
18-MS Shanghai (hards)
19-500 Valencia (carpet)
20-MS Paris (carpet)
then Masters Cup in London! 7 torneys on clay, 8 on hards, 2 on grass and 2 on carpet -he can add Baires or Kitzbuhel on clay and he should not play in 500 Rotterdam, 500 Dubai but he can win some valuable points in the asian swing: 500 Beijing, 500 Tokyo -and not play in 500 Basel-
correct me if i m wrong, aren't the no. of events considered for ATP rankings 18? so y does he need to take part in 21 events? doing so,he wud tax his body so much.......so, i don't really mind if he skips acapulko, cincy(despite a masters event, tell u y) n valencia........cincy is a masters event which just like hamburg following rome, starts right after the roger's cup.......now, bear in mind it's hard court stuff n wud exhaust rafa before US instead of serving him well for the US open...... moreover he's got nothing to lose at cincy this yr, as he retired very early in the tourno last yr.......so, it ll be better if he makes a habbit of skipping cincy.......remember rafa never played hamburg til last yr so y not do that at cincy where his chances wud be little to gain anything.......i m a firm believer that a player like rafa doesn't need much practice(he wud get that in rogers cup), given his style of play. instead a good rest for a week or 10 days before a big tourney like US open wud charge his batteries considerably n keep him fresh........

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #3906 on: May 08, 2008, 06:51:06 AM »

2009 schedule should be:
1-Chennai (hards)
2-GS-AO (hards)
3-Brazil (clay)
4-500 Acapulco (clay)
6-MS Miami (hards)
7-MS Monte Carlo (clay)
8-500 Barcelona (clay)
9-MS Rome (clay)
10-MS Madrid (clay)
11-GS-FO (clay)
12-Queens (grass)
13-GS-Wimby (grass)
14-Stuttgart (clay)
15-MS Canada (hards)
16-MS Cincy (hards)
17-GS-USO (hards)
18-MS Shanghai (hards)
19-500 Valencia (carpet)
20-MS Paris (carpet)
then Masters Cup in London! 7 torneys on clay, 8 on hards, 2 on grass and 2 on carpet -he can add Baires or Kitzbuhel on clay and he should not play in 500 Rotterdam, 500 Dubai but he can win some valuable points in the asian swing: 500 Beijing, 500 Tokyo -and not play in 500 Basel-
correct me if i m wrong, aren't the no. of events considered for ATP rankings 18? so y does he need to take part in 21 events? doing so,he wud tax his body so much.......so, i don't really mind if he skips acapulko, cincy(despite a masters event, tell u y) n valencia........cincy is a masters event which just like hamburg following rome, starts right after the roger's cup.......now, bear in mind it's hard court stuff n wud exhaust rafa before US instead of serving him well for the US open...... moreover he's got nothing to lose at cincy this yr, as he retired very early in the tourno last yr.......so, it ll be better if he makes a habbit of skipping cincy.......remember rafa never played hamburg til last yr so y not do that at cincy where his chances wud be little to gain anything.......i m a firm believer that a player like rafa doesn't need much practice(he wud get that in rogers cup), given his style of play. instead a good rest for a week or 10 days before a big tourney like US open wud charge his batteries considerably n keep him fresh........
I prefer not to comment about the us open series, 6 weeks in summer with only 2 big events Cincy and Canada. Boring! who really cares about New Haven, Indy, Washington and LA. I hate this part of the year!
but take 6 weeks in the clay season, you will find: Rome, Monte Carlo, Madrid, Barcelona, Estoril-Hamburg-Valencia, and the weeek prior to RG.....
that's UNFAIR and this is the big turning point for Rafa, just imagine for a second taking the ratio of the us open series (only 2 MS in 6 weeks) the claycourt season before RG FOR RAFA should be at least 9 weeks with  7 days for rest before each big MS!
It's obvious that the atp schedule is for american fans (that mostly hate clay) just remember how Rafa reacted when they moved Miami one week later to allow fans to watch college hoops
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 07:04:53 AM by conchita »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #3907 on: May 08, 2008, 07:00:03 AM »

2009 schedule should be:
1-Chennai (hards)
2-GS-AO (hards)
3-Brazil (clay)
4-500 Acapulco (clay)
6-MS Miami (hards)
7-MS Monte Carlo (clay)
8-500 Barcelona (clay)
9-MS Rome (clay)
10-MS Madrid (clay)
11-GS-FO (clay)
12-Queens (grass)
13-GS-Wimby (grass)
14-Stuttgart (clay)
15-MS Canada (hards)
16-MS Cincy (hards)
17-GS-USO (hards)
18-MS Shanghai (hards)
19-500 Valencia (carpet)
20-MS Paris (carpet)
I prefer not to comment about the us open series, 6 weeks in summer with only 2 big events Cincy and Canada. Boring! who really cares about New Haven, Indy, Washington and LA. I hate this part of the year!
but take 6 weeks in the clay season, you will find: Rome, Monte Carlo, Madrid, Barcelona, Estoril-Hamburg-Valencia, and the weeek prior to RG.....
that's UNFAIR and this is the big turning point for Rafa, just imagine for a second taking the ratio of the us open series (only 2 MS in 6 weeks) the claycourt season before RG FOR RAFA should be at least 9 weeks with  7 days before each big MS!
It's obvious that the atp schedule is for american fans (that mostly hate clay) just remember how Rafa reacted when they moved Miami one week later to allow fans to watch college hoops.
that's right conchita........north american HC season is really boring n these days american tennis revolves around glamour leaving aside the actual quality of tennis.as n when wimby finishes, i wait desperately for the indoor season to begin.i get really bored with all that US tournos.......n those must be arrogant a$$***** to give priority to some college games leaving aside an international event like miami masters.......

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #3908 on: May 08, 2008, 07:10:21 AM »

2009 schedule should be:
1-Chennai (hards)
2-GS-AO (hards)
3-Brazil (clay)
4-500 Acapulco (clay)
6-MS Miami (hards)
7-MS Monte Carlo (clay)
8-500 Barcelona (clay)
9-MS Rome (clay)
10-MS Madrid (clay)
11-GS-FO (clay)
12-Queens (grass)
13-GS-Wimby (grass)
14-Stuttgart (clay)
15-MS Canada (hards)
16-MS Cincy (hards)
17-GS-USO (hards)
18-MS Shanghai (hards)
19-500 Valencia (carpet)
20-MS Paris (carpet)
that's UNFAIR and this is the big turning point for Rafa, just imagine for a second taking the ratio of the us open series (only 2 MS in 6 weeks) the claycourt season before RG FOR RAFA should be at least 9 weeks with  7 days before each big MS!
It's obvious that the atp schedule is for american fans (that mostly hate clay) just remember how Rafa reacted when they moved Miami one week later to allow fans to watch college hoops.
that's right conchita........north american HC season is really boring n these days american tennis revolves around glamour leaving aside the actual quality of tennis.as n when wimby finishes, i wait desperately for the indoor season to begin.i get really bored with all that US tournos.......n those must be arrogant a$$***** to give priority to some college games leaving aside an international event like miami masters.......
6 weeks for only MS Canada and MS Cincy
and 6 weeks for MS Rome, MS Madrid, MS MonteCarlo, 500 Barcelona and 500 Hamburg.....
6 MS on hardcourts and only 3 on clay, the atp schedule cares about american fans and the hardcourt season and ignores a claycourt season in Europe with some resting time between the big MS events.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 07:12:54 AM by conchita »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #3909 on: May 08, 2008, 08:50:05 AM »
where r u all?

Offline the Batman

• Tennis God
« Reply #3910 on: May 08, 2008, 08:52:03 AM »

Monitoring Gotham City from the roofs of the taller buildings.

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #3911 on: May 08, 2008, 08:58:46 AM »

Monitoring Gotham City from the roofs of the taller buildings.
betta be careful, u might slip into spiderman's underware(rather the overware) from those buildings.that fella always "wizks" between those buildings, a new-sense.......   

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #3912 on: May 08, 2008, 09:05:07 AM »
@hercules
probably as the biggest rafa-fan in t4u, y don't u take the privilege of starting a new thread which covers everything about rafa........i mean this thread shud remain to discuss about just rafa's limitations........

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #3913 on: May 08, 2008, 09:13:35 AM »
@the batman
nice to have some humorous comments, did i sound a bit bad mate?

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #3914 on: May 08, 2008, 09:49:48 AM »
@hercules
probably as the biggest rafa-fan in t4u, y don't u take the privilege of starting a new thread which covers everything about rafa........i mean this thread shud remain to discuss about just rafa's limitations........

shankar i made that thread to be an all purpose thread for Rafa fans. its a place where Rafa fans can meet and discuss all things concerning Rafa.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 10:25:25 PM by hercules »

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
Re: A New beginning? VAMOS RAFA !!!
« Reply #3915 on: May 08, 2008, 10:02:15 AM »
With the advice of some buddies, i ve decided to create this thread. Let all the discussions related to rafa be posted in this thread which is apt.Let the great limitaions thread remain to discuss about rafa's shortcomings.Thanks.......  :)

Offline Start da Game

• Tennis God
« Reply #3916 on: May 08, 2008, 10:06:11 AM »
hercs, it's a bit annoying to notice that tag "clay monster's limitations" every time i feel like posting something positive about rafa.......if u don't mind, i ve started a thread on rafa where we can discuss everything.a few friends advised me to do so......needless to say that this thread rocks.cheers......

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #3917 on: May 08, 2008, 10:33:37 AM »
This is the thread where we discuss everything related to Nadal. I don't see any reason why having another thread regardless of the fact you don't like the "limitations" part. Roger and Novak have their own respective threads. I appreciate your enthusiasm for Nadal, but this is just my $0.005. Cheers  :).

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #3918 on: May 08, 2008, 10:57:53 AM »
hercs, it's a bit annoying to notice that tag "clay monster's limitations" every time i feel like posting something positive about rafa.......if u don't mind, i ve started a thread on rafa where we can discuss everything.a few friends advised me to do so......needless to say that this thread rocks.cheers......

I agree, as a Rafa fan is annoying to post videos, pics, articles with the limitiations tag...
TAHNKS A LOT!! WONDERFUL IDEA!!  :)
your friends are great!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 11:00:49 AM by conchita »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #3919 on: May 08, 2008, 11:00:07 AM »

I agree, as a Rafa fan is annoying to tpost videos, pics, articles with the limitiations ag...
TAHNKS A LOT!! GREAT IDEA!!  :)
:daisies: :daisies: :daisies: OK, good point I guess...