Author Topic: Clay Monster's Limitations  (Read 385452 times)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Re: Clay Monster's Limitations
« Reply #4060 on: May 14, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »
After finishing the match, Nadal has been interviewed on spanish tv, he said blister is not 100% recovered, but  the worst for him was his lack of form, he has been 4 days completely off court recovering, so he's happy with a long match to get back on form.

If he didn't have his incredible desire to play and the never give up attitude, he'd have been on his way back to Mallorca today. 

Tomorrow... :// :// :// 

Murray should be no problem tomorrow. may take him a set to get a feel for  Murray`s big serve but the tall Brit will start to tire in the 3rd which works for me. now with that said, i do expect Nadal to continue to struggle with his form. hopefully he will struggle a little less with each match as he tries to get his teeth into the tournament.

i will take the match in 3. 2 is preferable obviously.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 09:08:22 PM by hercules »

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: VAMOS RAFA !!! (Post articles, pictures, videos, etc. about Nadal here)
« Reply #4061 on: May 14, 2008, 04:47:07 PM »
Press Conference with RAFAEL NADAL

Nadal - Starace 6:4, 7:6 (6)

Q: Do you feel you got better since Rome? Do you feel physically better?

NADAL: Physically I am usually better. It was a tough match. I did not practice too much in the last days. I had a problem with a blister in Rome. After that I had 3, 4 days off. I could not put the foot on the floor very well. My first day of practice was here in Hamburg when I arrived. I tried my best, but the preparation was very fast. I did not have too much time. Today, I probably did not play my best match on clay. But I am very happy because I was with very good attitude all the match.

Q: You can put the foot down?

NADAL: Yes, it is much better. It is not 100% but much better.

Q: Were you ready for a third set? You could have played a third set?

NADAL: For sure, why not.

Q: Were you surprised how fast the court was?

NADAL: The clay is a little different than in Monte Carlo and Barcelona. When you slice on the clay, it is a little different. You have to see how to arrive to the ball, for example when you arrive to the forehand, to the backhand, it is a little different, you have to move a little bit more safe. You don't slide that well. But I think tomorrow it is going to be much better for me.

Q: You had two very high quality matches against Andy before. Do you expect another one tomorrow?

NADAL: I had a very tough match in Australia and one in Madrid. So, yes. Andy is a big player, I know. He's always a very dangerous player. One of the best players of the world. I know I will have to play my best to beat him.

Q: Were you surprised about the news about Justine Henin?

NADAL: Surely, surprised. But she knows more than anyone how she feels. We have to respect her decision and support her, I think. It's an important loss for the sport and for tennis because she was No. 1, one of the best players of the world in the last years. So, disappointing for us.

Q: Do you ever think about resting this week?

NADAL: No. No. I know 4 weeks in a row is impossible but after Rome, I have to play here. I don't have more chances.

Q: You've been very complimentary about Andy Murray. What makes him so dangerous?

NADAL: He's a very talented player. He can do every shot. He can play defensive, he can play attack, good volleys, good slice, very good backhand. He changes the rhythm very well. I know he is a very tough player, a very complete player.

Offline alchemist

• Tennis God
« Reply #4062 on: May 14, 2008, 10:59:42 PM »
After finishing the match, Nadal has been interviewed on spanish tv, he said blister is not 100% recovered, but  the worst for him was his lack of form, he has been 4 days completely off court recovering, so he's happy with a long match to get back on form.

If he didn't have his incredible desire to play and the never give up attitude, he'd have been on his way back to Mallorca today. 

Murray should be no problem tomorrow. may take him a set to get a feel for  Murray`s big serve but the tall Brit will start to tire in the 3rd which works for me. now with that said, i do expect Nadal to continue to struggle with his form. hopefully he will struggle a little less with each match as he tries to get his teeth into the tournament.

He shouldn't have any serious challenges until Djokovic.  His draw is relatively easy this time in my opinion. 
"We've been stuck in a locker room for nine hours a day and he's been chilling out, maybe taking the double decker bus tour of London."

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #4063 on: May 14, 2008, 11:53:43 PM »

He shouldn't have any serious challenges until Djokovic.  His draw is relatively easy this time in my opinion. 

every match is a challenge for him now for the pressure is really on. one slip up and he is #3.  and his form is way off the mark.

he usually has 4-5 titles going into Roland Garros but only has 2 this time around. and what is worse, he may go in as the #3 seed.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #4064 on: May 15, 2008, 03:47:59 AM »
I love this video! Nadal - Chennai Open 2008!!
Nice music!
Also the unforgetabble Indian girl, Rafa's Biggest Young Fan, Enjoy!

[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=TQx-vqCrogs[/youtube][youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih0b53RTOrM[/youtube]
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 04:15:56 AM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #4065 on: May 15, 2008, 07:38:56 AM »
enter the clay monster. more than likely he will get his friend and mentor, the old man of tennis, Carlos Moya in the next round.

i dont see Nadal losing to Murray today. he may struggle but he wont lose. i am just hoping he doesnt make it a 3 hour match.

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #4066 on: May 15, 2008, 08:30:37 AM »
enter the clay monster. more than likely he will get his friend and mentor, the old man of tennis, Carlos Moya in the next round.

i dont see Nadal losing to Murray today. he may struggle but he wont lose. i am just hoping he doesnt make it a 3 hour match.

Two sets... two hours minimum;  three sets... three hour minimum. That's the way it seems anyway.

Maybe he'll have a better feel for the the court because yesterday was not pretty. I think the foot is still acting up a bit, maybe they'll have a new wasy to cushion it.

Rafa don't make it so tough for your fans!

Vamos!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #4067 on: May 15, 2008, 09:23:34 AM »

Two sets... two hours minimum;  three sets... three hour minimum. That's the way it seems anyway.

Maybe he'll have a better feel for the the court because yesterday was not pretty. I think the foot is still acting up a bit, maybe they'll have a new wasy to cushion it.

Vamos!

lets just get this done yellowball. if you see the Clay Monster, tell him that i am not too happy with him.

Murray needs to be dismissed in under 2.5 hours.

Offline the Batman

• Tennis God
« Reply #4068 on: May 15, 2008, 09:30:16 AM »

Vamos!

if you see the Clay Monster, tell him that i am not too happy with him.

haha, I think she meets him in her wild hot dreams... not to mention she would have to speak some Spanish...

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #4069 on: May 15, 2008, 09:46:24 AM »

Vamos!

haha, I think she meets him in her wild hot dreams... not to mention she would have to speak some Spanish...

dreams do come true. she might run into him one day.

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #4070 on: May 15, 2008, 10:40:59 AM »

Vamos!

I wish I would have some Rafa hot wild dreams! I haven't been able to conjure one up  :rofl_2:  But, in my dreams I'll bet I'd be able to speak fluent Spanish -- we'd communicate just fine.  :rofl_2:

Offline the Batman

• Tennis God
« Reply #4071 on: May 15, 2008, 10:44:51 AM »

Vamos!

I wish I would have some Rafa hot wild dreams! I haven't been able to conjure one up  :rofl_2:  But, in my dreams I'll bet I'd be able to speak fluent Spanish -- we'd communicate just fine.  :rofl_2:

haha you mean Rafa couldnt even speak English in anyone's dreams !

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #4072 on: May 15, 2008, 10:47:16 AM »
That little girl was way cute and she watched the play... she wasn't just bouncing around waiting for a treat of some sort.

His match with Murray will be on next.  :scared:  Even tho' I'm not a fan of Murray and usually just think of him as a cry baby, he still scares me.  :Confused:

Thanks for posting the videos, I love 'em.

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #4073 on: May 15, 2008, 10:49:05 AM »

Vamos!

Spanish is a romance language, we should stay with the Spanish!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #4074 on: May 15, 2008, 10:59:37 AM »

Vamos!

just tell the buffoon to forget about romance and build a house on clay and never leave  that house.

i want to see the form that brought him 3 french open titles.

Offline alchemist

• Tennis God
« Reply #4075 on: May 15, 2008, 01:46:23 PM »

Vamos!

just tell the buffoon to forget about romance and build a house on clay and never leave  that house.

He did well today against Murray.  Murray only had 3 chances to break while Rafa got 8.  He got off the court in 1 hr 17 min so he'll be fresh to face Moya tomorrow. 
"We've been stuck in a locker room for nine hours a day and he's been chilling out, maybe taking the double decker bus tour of London."

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #4076 on: May 15, 2008, 01:47:53 PM »
I'm excited! He looked good today and should look even better tomorrow.

That's my boy!

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #4077 on: May 15, 2008, 01:51:44 PM »

Vamos!

He did well today against Murray.  Murray only had 3 chances to break while Rafa got 8.  He got off the court in 1 hr 17 min so he'll be fresh to face Moya tomorrow. 

**match time: 1 hour and 17 minutes
**winners: 23
**unforced errors: 21

i am not happy with the number of unforced errors in just 2 sets but it was still better than yesterday. movement is still way off. 19 point differential suggests domination but he will have to lift his level against Djokovic on saturday.

tomorrow`s match against Moya is just what he needs to fine tune his ground game a little and show a little progression.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #4078 on: May 15, 2008, 02:23:59 PM »
as a side note, congratulations Nadal fans, you have successfully passed 200 pages worth of Rafa's limitations. That's definitely got to be a record of some kind, I doubt many others could compile a 200 page report on the limitations of the world number 2 and possibly the best clay courter ever.

All kidding aside, good job on 200 pages, this has gotta be one of the bigger threads on this forum and the core of it is very interesting, productive and excellent topic on one of the most interesting players of our time.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #4079 on: May 15, 2008, 02:31:29 PM »
as a side note, congratulations Nadal fans, you have successfully passed 200 pages worth of Rafa's limitations. That's definitely got to be a record of some kind, I doubt many others could compile a 200 page report on the limitations of the world number 2 and possibly the best clay courter ever.

All kidding aside, good job on 200 pages, this has gotta be one of the bigger threads on this forum and the core of it is very interesting, productive and excellent topic on one of the most interesting players of our time.

thanks pawan. its a good place for the nadal fans to meet up and dicsuss stuff. anything and everything goes here so everybody is welcome to post as much as they want. its an all purpose thread.