Author Topic: help me plz!  (Read 2600 times)

Offline bachikho

• Tennis Addict
help me plz!
« on: August 09, 2007, 03:12:12 AM »
this is my serve, backhand and forehand, is there something wrong with my strokes (always got hurt with my arm and shoulder)?
i think the 1st serve is the cause, no?

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
help me plz!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 08:21:05 AM »
It all looks pretty much fine to me.  I have elbow pain when I hit too many 1 hand back hands (and from the computer mouse) and shoulder pain from serving if I play too many matches in a day or too many in back to back days.  If it is serious pain then you should have it checked out.  Otherwise, it is likely caused by some very small mechanics flaw, which I can't see from the vid, and I proly have similar flaws.

Offline kuyoungj

• Tennis Player
help me plz!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 08:25:29 AM »
hot body  :)~ just kidding. LOL

yeah anyways, theres pretty much nothing wrong as I can see, but you should be more balanced because when ur taking the racquet up I can see that your left leg is going up too. That shouldn't happen. I'll revise my views after looking at ur vid a couple of more times though.
Federer = monster

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
help me plz!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 09:56:06 AM »
I think it would be more helpful to see you hitting actual balls with a full swing. It's pretty easy to go through a semi correct motion in practice, than go out and butcher the shot on the court. I'm not saying you are doing that, either purposfully, or unintentionally, but it happens.
I will say a couple things based on this vid. Your follow through should be a bit longer and lower, with the racquet handle ending up below the hip, around the knees, rather than under your left arm. That might get more of the effort of hitting the ball where it should be, you upper body rather than more around the shoulders. Your foot work looks abit confused, or unbalanced. It looks like you aren't going through the ball toward your intended target enough. You should be finishing with your back foot stepping into the court forward, not swinging around as much as it is.
Other than that it looks like you have the basic idea, but again, whether you actually use those motions when hitting the ball is another question. I can say with certainty that the motions I go through when miming a backhand are not what happens on the court. I hit perfect backhands everytime in my living room  :shiny: .

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
help me plz!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 11:21:56 AM »
I have to agree with Dmastous.  I think we will need to see it in real action for us to be of any help.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline jeffrx

• Tennis God
help me plz!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 11:56:15 AM »
Yes, and put some clothes on next time!    ;>)
Lots of people make passes at me, I'm a tennis player!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
help me plz!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 12:29:55 PM »
Quote from: "jeffrx"
Yes, and put some clothes on next time!    ;>)

Pul-eeeeezze!
Boxers just don't make good tennis attire.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Bundey

• Tennis God
  • Formerly known as "#1federerfan"
help me plz!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 10:32:27 AM »
Your really hot.

I think you need to hit real balls though.  When you take fake swings in slo mo it is different than what you do in real life...

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
help me plz!
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 11:17:09 AM »
Yep.. from your video I can't see anything wrong but you might very well just have a tennis video playing next to you or a book open in front of you.. or you are emulating someone you like to watch or what you want to be. So its hard to tell what you are really doing on the court. If you play the way you just showed in slow motion I'd have to assume there can't be too much blatantly wrong in your game.

Offline blisteringboom

• Tennis God
help me plz!
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 12:26:29 PM »
You might not be hitting your serve far enough in front of you.

From that vid that is the only possible assumption I can make.

We need to see an on court showing for more accurate reference.
"So soon it parted , lifting itself into the air. It bent – the world did. High was low , low was high ,and so he soared into the ground that was the sky." Tyler Vergil

Offline bachikho

• Tennis Addict
help me plz!
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 05:32:44 AM »
so what's the difference between the toss of a flat serve and a kick serve (toss of a flat serve is in front of you and a little bit to the right while toss of a kick serve is above your head)?
i feel that Federer uses the same toss for all of his serves, no?

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
help me plz!
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 06:08:57 PM »
Quote from: "bachikho"
so what's the difference between the toss of a flat serve and a kick serve (toss of a flat serve is in front of you and a little bit to the right while toss of a kick serve is above your head)?
i feel that Federer uses the same toss for all of his serves, no?

Ideally, your toss is in the same spot every time whether you are hitting a kick serve or a flat one, but it is certainly easier, at least for me, to get the kick serve off of a toss that is more over my head or to the left of my head.

Anyway, you don't want your opponent to be able to read how you are going to serve based on where your toss is.

Offline bachikho

• Tennis Addict
help me plz!
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 05:18:56 AM »
maybe i have found out why my arm and shoulder got hurt while serving:
b4 i served like Sampras (toss above my head and my arm stay at the right in end of motion) which gave a lot of pressure to my serving arm. If i serve like Federer (toss in front, a little bit to the right and my arm stay at the left in end of motion), the pain dissapeared.
this is the comparison clip:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
help me plz!
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 08:22:37 AM »
Quote from: "bachikho"
maybe i have found out why my arm and shoulder got hurt while serving:
b4 i served like Sampras (toss above my head and my arm stay at the right in end of motion) which gave a lot of pressure to my serving arm. If i serve like Federer (toss in front, a little bit to the right and my arm stay at the left in end of motion), the pain dissapeared.
this is the comparison clip:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=npxP6Jej9iE

Now, that is a cool video!   ;)       It looks like Fed must have patterned his serve like Pete's, they look so similar.   :-o