Author Topic: Federer crushes Agassi 6-3 6-1  (Read 1141 times)

Offline RainerShuttle

• Tennis God
Federer crushes Agassi 6-3 6-1
« on: February 26, 2005, 12:05:18 PM »
What was all that about Federer losing his form? Another Federer-Ljubicic final! (the 3rd this year)

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 12:20:47 PM »
:shocking: Holy crap -- I can't believe Agassi has been doing so terribly against Federer. The Fed is truly a champ -- able to compose when the time comes. Poor Andre...

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 01:47:06 PM »
what a good victory for Roger, once again just showing he is so far ahead of the rest :H
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 03:17:47 PM »
AWWWWWWWW! DAMN!!!

I just got home and saw that score.  WOW!!!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 01:02:59 PM »
This looks bad for Agassi since Federer must be way off his game lately.   Look at some of Roger's other matches, a 7-6 in the third against a badly slumping Ferrero, three sets to unknown players like Minar, regular 3-setters against the sometimes dangerous Ljubicic but they shouldnt all be that close, his shaky play in the Australian Open costing him his Aussie Open title.    So Agassi didnt just get routed by Federer, he got routed by a struggling Federer.

Offline gm3106

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 02:54:07 PM »
Federer and Agassi seem to be running into each other a lot at the moment, and Andre is coming out on the losing side everytime, so you have to wonder whether Agassi will ever get the better of him again.

The last six meetings between the two have been won by Federer and three of them have been thrashings and three have been close:

Tennis Masters Cup 2003 RR: Close; Agassi had match point
Tennis Masters Cup 2003 Final: Thrashing; Fed wins 6-3 6-0 6-4
Indian Wells 2004 Semi-Final: Close, Agassi with some break point chances to serve for the match
US Open 2004 Quarter-Final: Close; could have gone either way in a windy five setter
Australian Open 2005 Quarter-Final: Thrashing, Federer served Agassi off the court, Sampras-style
Dubai Open 2005 Semi-Final: This was even more of a thrashing than the last one

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 03:55:12 PM »
I doubt Agassi will ever beat Federer again.   He is on a decline now and Federer is just too good.

Offline ImaMadGoat

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 05:01:32 PM »
I don't know if its so much a decline as it is the raising of everyone elses games.

If you think about it....Andre has been using the same strokes for almost 20 years. His forehand always ends high above the shoulder. If you look at Federer's, Roddick's, Hewitt's, and Safin's forehand....there is so much racquethead speed and they are ending basically on the opposite elbow. The racquethead is moving so fast with this guys, they're just punishing the ball.

His game is starting to slow down a bit, but I think it hasta do more with the level of play we're seeing by the new people.  The serves of these new guys are sick.....you could average out all there first serves and prolly land somewhere between 125-135mph.....If Agassi ever nailed a 135 I think he'd piss himself.

I commend AA for his effort....the fact that he's still playing competitivley with everyone else EXCEPT Federer is a testament to his work ethic. Fed is just on another level. He has a bad week and still wins the tourney....I think he gets up more for matches with AA too. He wants the big moments.

I'm pushing for Andre.....his commitment to the game alone is enough to earn my respect and my support.
Constant Improvement, Relentless Effort.

http://www.3wisefools.com - The culmination of ridiculous banter and serious discussion.