Author Topic: College Football!!!  (Read 31360 times)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: College Football!!!
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2007, 10:33:49 AM »
I just talked to my buddy last night and apparently I have a ticket to the OSU vs. Illini game here in the best stadium in all the world!   :cool:   I will be there to witness OSU beating the Illini and then I can rub it in your face Babble!  Don't worry, I will drink a cold one for you!   :cool: :king:

Awesome! That will just make it all the sweeter. When we are good, we win at Ohio Stadium. That's "our" house. Look it up, fool.

Look what up?  You better hit me with some numbers if you are gonna try to get me to believe the booty that you are talking!   ..-)   You won when we had John Cooper as a coach because he was your best player those years!   ..-)   Outside of that you won't find much!   ;-()

Remind me, how many times have Illinois and OSU met at Ohio Stadium under Tressell? Remeber, bye years don't count as wins for the Buckeyes.

They have played 2 times at Ohio Stadium while Tressel has been here.  They split these 2 games (OSU won 1 and Illini won 1).   Tressel is 3-1 against the Illini in games at OSU and at Illinois.    Tressel's only loss to the Illini was his first year at OSU when we were ranked 25th and Illini were ranked 12th.  We lost 34-22 that year. 

And, just in case you were wondering the all-time series of OSU vs. Illinois is 60-29-4 in favor of the Scarlet & Gray!   :whistle:

LETS GO BUCKS!    LETS GO BUCKS!     LETS GO BUCKS!      LETS GO BUCKS!

1-1, not a winning record at home v. the Illini. Not surprising.

Hey, one of the best games in the series took place at Memorial Stadium during your run to the national title, which nearly got derailed by the Illini. Krezel's 35 yrd scramble on 3rd and 25 to set up the game tying score at the end of regulation saved your season.

I said earlier, you're doing something here this year with mirrors, and you will come crashing down with a loud thud... Saturday.

Tressel will have a winning record at home against the Illini...................after they play this year!   :whistle:

The game in 2002 was totally nuts and I think Illinois was kind of lucky to get it into overtime and we were lucky to get out of there with the win. 

I fear you could be correct on this season for OSU but I remind you that, while we are #3 now, we weren't really expected to be here and there were many unknowns for this years team.  So, given all of that, if we remain unbeaten all year then it was an amazing season above what was expected, and if we lose 1 or 2 then it should almost be expected and not looked at like major failures.  I just think that if our offense takes care of the ball with low amount of turnovers we are going to be very hard for any team to beat!   ;-().....................especially Illinois!   :)~

I thought you were spoutin' off because the game is Saturday. I just checked the schedule. This is a "trap" game for the Buckeyes. They'll need to get up for Illinois, who spanks them regularly at the Shoe, the week before the biggest rivalry game in the nation: OSU-FUofM.

LOOOOK OUUUT!!!
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2007, 11:01:41 AM »
I just talked to my buddy last night and apparently I have a ticket to the OSU vs. Illini game here in the best stadium in all the world!   :cool:   I will be there to witness OSU beating the Illini and then I can rub it in your face Babble!  Don't worry, I will drink a cold one for you!   :cool: :king:

Awesome! That will just make it all the sweeter. When we are good, we win at Ohio Stadium. That's "our" house. Look it up, fool.

Look what up?  You better hit me with some numbers if you are gonna try to get me to believe the booty that you are talking!   ..-)   You won when we had John Cooper as a coach because he was your best player those years!   ..-)   Outside of that you won't find much!   ;-()

Remind me, how many times have Illinois and OSU met at Ohio Stadium under Tressell? Remeber, bye years don't count as wins for the Buckeyes.

They have played 2 times at Ohio Stadium while Tressel has been here.  They split these 2 games (OSU won 1 and Illini won 1).   Tressel is 3-1 against the Illini in games at OSU and at Illinois.    Tressel's only loss to the Illini was his first year at OSU when we were ranked 25th and Illini were ranked 12th.  We lost 34-22 that year. 

And, just in case you were wondering the all-time series of OSU vs. Illinois is 60-29-4 in favor of the Scarlet & Gray!   :whistle:

Hey, one of the best games in the series took place at Memorial Stadium during your run to the national title, which nearly got derailed by the Illini. Krezel's 35 yrd scramble on 3rd and 25 to set up the game tying score at the end of regulation saved your season.

I said earlier, you're doing something here this year with mirrors, and you will come crashing down with a loud thud... Saturday.

Tressel will have a winning record at home against the Illini...................after they play this year!   :whistle:

The game in 2002 was totally nuts and I think Illinois was kind of lucky to get it into overtime and we were lucky to get out of there with the win. 

I fear you could be correct on this season for OSU but I remind you that, while we are #3 now, we weren't really expected to be here and there were many unknowns for this years team.  So, given all of that, if we remain unbeaten all year then it was an amazing season above what was expected, and if we lose 1 or 2 then it should almost be expected and not looked at like major failures.  I just think that if our offense takes care of the ball with low amount of turnovers we are going to be very hard for any team to beat!   ;-().....................especially Illinois!   :)~

I thought you were spoutin' off because the game is Saturday. I just checked the schedule. This is a "trap" game for the Buckeyes. They'll need to get up for Illinois, who spanks them regularly at the Shoe, the week before the biggest rivalry game in the nation: OSU-FUofM.

LOOOOK OUUUT!!!

Dude, you have seriously crossed a line here!  :(   You are starting to sound like Kitty or some other troll who loves to come on here and over exaggerate some statement to get a rise out of someone else!  "Illinois, who regularly spanks OSU at the Shoe" ?????????????????????????????????????????????????    WTF does this sentence mean?  :confused1:  Are you back on drugs?   :Confused:     Seriously, come on, Illinois rarely "spanks" OSU and to say that they do it "regularly", and, at the Shoe????    This statement must have been typed by your buddy Kitty25 cause I know you are not the type to post such exaggerated false comments!  Please tell me that is the case or there is some logical explanation for this!?   :confused1: 

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2007, 11:23:39 AM »

LOOOOK OUUUT!!!

Dude, you have seriously crossed a line here!  :(   You are starting to sound like Kitty or some other troll who loves to come on here and over exaggerate some statement to get a rise out of someone else!  "Illinois, who regularly spanks OSU at the Shoe" ?????????????????????????????????????????????????    WTF does this sentence mean?  :confused1:  Are you back on drugs?   :Confused:     Seriously, come on, Illinois rarely "spanks" OSU and to say that they do it "regularly", and, at the Shoe????    This statement must have been typed by your buddy Kitty25 cause I know you are not the type to post such exaggerated false comments!  Please tell me that is the case or there is some logical explanation for this!?   :confused1: 

This wasn't a rivalry until I arrived in Champaign in 1989.

2005 @ OSU L 40-2
2001 @ OSU W 34-22
1999 @ OSU W 46-20
1997 @ OSU L 41-15
1995 @ OSU L 41-3
1994 @ OSU W 24-10
1992 @ OSU W 18-16
1990 @ OSU W 31-20

Looks like the Illini are 5-3 at "The Shoe" since I arrived in Champaign. Seriously, dum-bass, who else has gone into "your" house and has compiled a 5-3 record against you since 1990? I'll give you some help. NOBODY.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2007, 11:30:26 AM »

LOOOOK OUUUT!!!

2005 @ OSU L 40-2
2001 @ OSU W 34-22
1999 @ OSU W 46-20
1997 @ OSU L 41-15
1995 @ OSU L 41-3
1994 @ OSU W 24-10
1992 @ OSU W 18-16
1990 @ OSU W 31-20

Looks like the Illini are 5-3 at "The Shoe" since I arrived in Champaign. Seriously, dum-bass, who else has gone into "your" house and has compiled a 5-3 record against you since 1990? I'll give you some help. NOBODY.

Where'd you go, you big effin' crybaby  :crying:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 11:30:58 AM by Babblelot »

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2007, 12:43:40 PM »

LOOOOK OUUUT!!!

2005 @ OSU L 40-2
2001 @ OSU W 34-22
1999 @ OSU W 46-20
1997 @ OSU L 41-15
1995 @ OSU L 41-3
1994 @ OSU W 24-10
1992 @ OSU W 18-16
1990 @ OSU W 31-20

Try looking above where I had already noted:

You better hit me with some numbers if you are gonna try to get me to believe the booty that you are talking!   You won when we had John Cooper as a coach because he was your best player those years!      Outside of that you won't find much!

Now, that said, lets take a closer look:

2005 @ OSU L 40-2
2001 @ OSU W 34-22    As I said before, Tressels first year at OSU and we were ranked #25 and you were #12! 
1999 @ OSU W 46-20         Cooper Sucked! 
1997 @ OSU L 41-15
1995 @ OSU L 41-3
1994 @ OSU W 24-10            Cooper Sucked!   
1992 @ OSU W 18-16         Cooper Sucked! 
1990 @ OSU W 31-20     We were ranked #20 and you were ranked #13!

I told you above that you wouldn't find much in the way of good numbers for the Illini at our house except for during the Cooper years and you ignored me and so the argument drags on!  We can keep going with numbers but it will be orange and blue tears from you my friend!   :whistle:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 12:47:48 PM by OSU Buckeye »

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2007, 12:51:17 PM »

LOOOOK OUUUT!!!

2005 @ OSU L 40-2
2001 @ OSU W 34-22
1999 @ OSU W 46-20
1997 @ OSU L 41-15
1995 @ OSU L 41-3
1994 @ OSU W 24-10
1992 @ OSU W 18-16
1990 @ OSU W 31-20

I was off arguing with another exaggerator on Denko...............my job of talking some sense into you people is never done I guess!     Oh, and BTW, why don't you suck on my dirty cry-baby balls!   :drool:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2007, 01:21:41 PM »

LOOOOK OUUUT!!!

2005 @ OSU L 40-2
2001 @ OSU W 34-22
1999 @ OSU W 46-20
1997 @ OSU L 41-15
1995 @ OSU L 41-3
1994 @ OSU W 24-10
1992 @ OSU W 18-16
1990 @ OSU W 31-20

I was off arguing with another exaggerator on Denko...............my job of talking some sense into you people is never done I guess!   

Buckeye wrote:

I told you above that you wouldn't find much in the way of good numbers for the Illini at our house except for during the Cooper years and you ignored me and so the argument drags on!  We can keep going with numbers but it will be orange and blue tears from you my friend!   

You're just silly.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 01:22:32 PM by Babblelot »

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2007, 01:23:26 PM »

LOOOOK OUUUT!!!

2005 @ OSU L 40-2
2001 @ OSU W 34-22
1999 @ OSU W 46-20
1997 @ OSU L 41-15
1995 @ OSU L 41-3
1994 @ OSU W 24-10
1992 @ OSU W 18-16
1990 @ OSU W 31-20

I was off arguing with another exaggerator on Denko...............my job of talking some sense into you people is never done I guess!   

Buckeye wrote:

I told you above that you wouldn't find much in the way of good numbers for the Illini at our house except for during the Cooper years and you ignored me and so the argument drags on!  We can keep going with numbers but it will be orange and blue tears from you my friend!   

You're just silly.

You're on drugs or had too many back in the day!   ;-()    BTW, how you comin' on those sweaty balls?   :rofl_2:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 01:24:54 PM by OSU Buckeye »

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2007, 08:16:36 PM »
So OSU has a huge game this weekend against.......................drum roll please......................Kent State!!!   :rim shot:     Yeah, lots of College teams do this where they play some other in-state team that should have no chance but gets lots of money to get whooped up on!  I expect OSU will take care of business.................hopefully!  I have a ticket so I guess I will be tail-gating and going to the game come Saturday   :cool: :king:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2007, 10:38:06 PM »
So OSU has a huge game this weekend against.......................drum roll please......................Kent State!!!   :rim shot:     Yeah, lots of College teams do this where they play some other in-state team that should have no chance but gets lots of money to get whooped up on!  I expect OSU will take care of business.................hopefully!  I have a ticket so I guess I will be tail-gating and going to the game come Saturday   :cool: :king:

The only good thing that will come out of this game is that Kent State will get some money.  Otherwise....It'll be embarrassing....

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2007, 10:42:31 PM »
So OSU has a huge game this weekend against.......................drum roll please......................Kent State!!!   :rim shot:     Yeah, lots of College teams do this where they play some other in-state team that should have no chance but gets lots of money to get whooped up on!  I expect OSU will take care of business.................hopefully!  I have a ticket so I guess I will be tail-gating and going to the game come Saturday   :cool: :king:

Looks like OSU is going to be 7-0!!  Great fun fir buckeye fans!  :)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2007, 01:01:42 PM »
So OSU has a huge game this weekend against.......................drum roll please......................Kent State!!!   :rim shot:     Yeah, lots of College teams do this where they play some other in-state team that should have no chance but gets lots of money to get whooped up on!  I expect OSU will take care of business.................hopefully!  I have a ticket so I guess I will be tail-gating and going to the game come Saturday   :cool: :king:

Looks like OSU is going to be 7-0!!  Great fun fir buckeye fans!  :)

Tough test for OSU. Only up 35-0 at halftime. Let's see if they can get it together and place some decent football in the second half. ..-)

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2007, 01:07:30 PM »
Wow - Nebraska is in a lot of trouble! (although I'm not a Nebraska fan).  In fact, I don't really have a 'favorite' college team.  Being from Dallas, we really don't have any good college teams anymore.  Back in the day - SMU use to be a football powerhouse - but then you all know what happened with them! :rofl_2:  TCU use to be pretty good with Thomlinson...but now... :\    I was a Texas Longhorn fan when Vince was there but now...? :confused1:  So who want to talk me into being a fan for your team?  I'm open! :rofl_2:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2007, 01:12:35 PM »
OSU 42-0, time to bring in the scrubs!!  :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »

Didn't they do that in the 1st quarter? :rofl_2:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2007, 01:18:55 PM »

They probably could have and it wouldn't make a difference!   :))

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2007, 01:31:02 PM »

How many points do you think they will score today?  They are already at 42, so 50 is reachable.  What about 63-0! :))

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2007, 01:33:43 PM »

How many points do you think they will score today?  They are already at 42, so 50 is reachable.  What about 63-0! :))

What's the limit on the scoreboard??   :rofl_2:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2007, 01:38:58 PM »
Wow - Nebraska is in a lot of trouble! (although I'm not a Nebraska fan).  In fact, I don't really have a 'favorite' college team.  Being from Dallas, we really don't have any good college teams anymore.  Back in the day - SMU use to be a football powerhouse - but then you all know what happened with them! :rofl_2:  TCU use to be pretty good with Thomlinson...but now... :\    I was a Texas Longhorn fan when Vince was there but now...? :confused1:  So who want to talk me into being a fan for your team?  I'm open! :rofl_2:

So are you just a frontrunner? I mean the Longhorns won a national championship with Vince Young just a couple years ago!
You've got to stick with a team, or a player through thick and thin. I don't care if a team I root for wins or loses. I'm a fan of the team. The only thing I don't like is when they embarrass themselves, not by losing, but by bring in questionable charactor guys and letting them run amuck.
I'm still a Cowboy fan after 30 years, though I don't like Jerry Jones (hated what he did to Landry) and don't like TO, and Irvin when he was catch passes. All huge egos with little regard for others. I don't like them, but I still root for the Cowboys.
And I don't know what happened to SMU. What happened? I remember they had a good program for awhile. I know Richie Reneberg graduated from there... Other than that... :dunno: Was there some scandal? NCAA violations? Or did they just get bad over time?

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2007, 01:43:37 PM »
OMG   48-0, the waterboy kicked a field goal!!!