Author Topic: Mirza vs Kuznetsova  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Mirza vs Kuznetsova
« on: March 01, 2005, 06:39:59 AM »
Mirza has been pretty impressive lately, she has really stepped her game up.  And she won her first tournament just a week or 2 ago.

Today she faces Kuznetsova, should be a good test for her.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Tennis Freak

• Tennis Enthusiast
Mirza vs Kuznetsova
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 09:02:22 AM »
This has the potential to be an interesting match.  Mirza is an up and commer and she seems very nice.  I would like to see her win this match.

Offline Tennis Freak

• Tennis Enthusiast
Mirza vs Kuznetsova
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 09:57:47 AM »
Mirza won the first set.  I think they are on serve in the second.

Offline Tennis Freak

• Tennis Enthusiast
Mirza vs Kuznetsova
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 10:45:33 AM »
Mirza wins 6-4, 6-2.  Amazing win for her.  I am really starting to like her.

Offline Hoytie

• Tennis God
  • My British Blue Shorthair, Joshua, a Tennis Fan.
Mirza vs Kuznetsova
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 03:17:52 PM »
I have not seen her play yet but am looking forward to it.  I hope she will be at the US Open (the only tournament I go to every year).

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Mirza vs Kuznetsova
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 04:44:36 PM »
Wow...the upsets are coming out of the wazoo huh? (Fed's amazing win \not really an upset but a huger win than expected, Venus' loss to whatever-her-name-is and now Svetlana losing to an upandcomer but relative nobody).

After such a great 1st slam -- the pros need to get the ball rolling again.

Offline RainerShuttle

• Tennis God
Mirza vs Kuznetsova
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 05:04:47 PM »
Call me old-fashioned, but I don't like all these upsets. I much prefer seeing the top players slug it out in the semis and finals of events, rather than top player against someone who's on a one-week hot streak. Maybe that's just me.

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
Mirza vs Kuznetsova
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 05:06:13 PM »
Was she in your fantasy pool or something?  :))
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline Arcforce

• Tennis God
Mirza vs Kuznetsova
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 05:12:25 PM »
I agree w. Rainer. Despite these top players not playing like they should beating these lesser players, in the latter matches -- the champs (more experienced players like Sveta & Venus) tend to make for much better matchups. Sure, these nobodies are playing out of their mind for a match or two but how long does it last? Anyone remember the guy who played an amazing match to beat Andre at the FO last year then got CLEAN SWIPED in his next round?

Its just proof that these kids will play lucky and beat the better player and run out of gas when their next match comes. If they can start playing like that consistently, then we've got some players on our hands but until they do, I wanna see the champs come thru.

Offline RainerShuttle

• Tennis God
Mirza vs Kuznetsova
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 05:33:32 PM »
Yup, case in point Silvia Farina Elia (ok she's not exactly an unknown but she's never threatened the elite) beats Venus in round 1 then loses to Jelena Jankovic - Venus may not be at her best but she still has that aura of being Venus Williams and I'd rather watch her advance and threaten Davenport/Serena/Myskina etc
Jankovic will now play Mirza, who beat Kuznetsova.....wouldn't you rather watch Venus/Kuznetsova????
The winner of Jankovic/Mirza, however well they have played, will likely lose heavily to Davenport/Serena or any of the other top players they might face later in the event whereas Venus/Kuznetsova would at least threaten a victory.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Mirza vs Kuznetsova
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 06:33:24 PM »
I think Mirza is an going to be a top 20 player and should give any player a good match.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline kittens25

• Tennis God
Mirza vs Kuznetsova
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 12:37:21 PM »
I thought Kunzetsova was terrable in the last two sets against Sharapova down under, in their quarterfinal.   Her many missed forehands were only halfway up the net on average it seemed, and her first serve percentage during a span was 20-some %.    I think she is having some issues right now, possably off court with the doping scandals.