Author Topic: THE ROGER FEDERER THREAD: Quotes, Articles, Videos, Pictures and anything else!  (Read 807266 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: THE ROGER FEDERER THREAD: Quotes, Articles, Videos, Pictures and anything else!
« Reply #11500 on: February 13, 2012, 03:48:19 PM »
It's good to see that they are still excited about seeing Roger!  I hope he puts on a good show this week and maybe win it!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Re: THE ROGER FEDERER THREAD: Quotes, Articles, Videos, Pictures and anything else!
« Reply #11501 on: February 13, 2012, 03:56:14 PM »
Dallas - it can't get any worse can it? :Confused: :Confused:
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #11502 on: February 17, 2012, 06:45:13 PM »
Pictures from Roger's match today:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #11503 on: February 18, 2012, 10:08:14 AM »
I see Roger vs Del Potro in the final and it's gonna be a BIG clash.

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #11504 on: February 19, 2012, 02:15:33 AM »
Del Potro looks sharp. He is definitely playing at a high level and Roger will have his hands full if his serve/groundstrokes go AWOL. Hoping for the best! :)

Offline fabi112

• New Poster
« Reply #11505 on: February 19, 2012, 03:16:19 AM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzbTHZMg8NA

Roger said he will play at least three to six years!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #11506 on: February 19, 2012, 09:53:15 AM »
Del Potro looks sharp. He is definitely playing at a high level and Roger will have his hands full if his serve/groundstrokes go AWOL. Hoping for the best! :)
Fed's serve went AWOL and JMDP still failed to get a break.
 :mad1:
Seems like that's DPot's biggest liability at this point. :(
He sure do like to smack that FH though! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Bazcovic

• Tennis God
« Reply #11507 on: February 19, 2012, 02:07:32 PM »
OK, DP didn't convert the breakpoint(s). But Federer was pretty much in control. His forehand didn't let him down, and especially the slice was very effective today against DP.

Thanks to three-setter vs. Davydenko, Federer refound his rythm and played a solid final today.

Looking forward to Dubai.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #11508 on: February 19, 2012, 02:36:42 PM »
Excellent win by Federer!

Hope he wins couple of slams soon!!! :)

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #11509 on: February 19, 2012, 02:46:49 PM »
D-Pot not known as a great returner but at his 09 peak he was much more clutch on break points. He seems to have reverted back to that mid 08 to early 09 when he was beating everyone but the top 4.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #11510 on: February 19, 2012, 08:23:06 PM »
I don't know what match yous guys saw, but I thought Fed looked pretty ho-hum.  He did play smart and well in the clutch though, which was the tale of the tape.  If DPot had been on and converted just one of those BP's it might have been a different match.

Fed's serving was borderline atrocious.
That will not stand the test of the other top 3 come slam time.
Mark it here.  Mark it now.
He will not win another slam until his serve is punishing (both deliveries) and he is over 65% on the first.  No way.  Ever.  The other players are just tooo darn good!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #11511 on: February 19, 2012, 08:58:57 PM »
I don't know what match yous guys saw, but I thought Fed looked pretty ho-hum.  He did play smart and well in the clutch though, which was the tale of the tape.  If DPot had been on and converted just one of those BP's it might have been a different match.

He will not win another slam until his serve is punishing (both deliveries) and he is over 65% on the first.  No way.  Ever.  The other players are just tooo darn good!

What is a Sampras 'tard doing in this thread polluting it with this ridiculous nay-saying? Upset that Roger just surpassed more Sampras records? :lmao:

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #11512 on: February 20, 2012, 04:15:14 AM »
I am glad Roger won the title. :)) Juan played a very good tournament and can take confidence from his beat-down of Berdych especially. Perversely, Roger's troubles with Kolya is the SF seemed to have sharpened his baseline game :)
I hope Del Potro, Davydenko and Roger can kick on from here.. They all looked good this past week.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #11513 on: February 20, 2012, 06:10:34 AM »

What is a Sampras 'tard doing in this thread polluting it with this ridiculous nay-saying? Upset that Roger just surpassed more Sampras records? :lmao:
Yeah, I'm all worked up over it. :\

Just injecting a few facts into the discussion.

You may now return to your normal posts of blind adoration. :lmao:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #11514 on: February 20, 2012, 04:03:47 PM »
I have watched the match 2 times and I think Roger looked pretty sharp!  The only thing he didn't do well is serve.  But other than that - his groundstrokes were great.  His movement was excellent.  So I'm happy.  A win is a win!  Roger extends his streak of winning at least 1 title every year since (I believe 1999?) - something like that.  Not bad!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #11515 on: February 20, 2012, 07:58:27 PM »
February 20th, 2012

Roger Federer: I Can’t Believe How Many Titles I Have! [Video]
by Tom Gainey   

What a difference a week makes pro tennis. After an extremely disappointing Davis Cup performance last weekend, Roger Federer was all smiles Sunday after winning his 71st career title in Rotterdam.

“I can’t believe how many titles already I have,” Federer said.

“I had a great mindset after a tough weekend at the Davis Cup last week, so I’m happy to turn it around right away.”

Federer’s 71 titles leads all active players, and he’ now just six victories from matching John McEnroe’s career take of 77. Jimmy Connors has the all-time record of 109.

Federer, who struggled in a 3-set win over Nikolay Davydenko in the semifinals, put on an exceptional show cruising past Juan Martin Del Potro 61, 64.

The Swiss said he credits the Davydenko with helping him find his rhythm to beat Del Potro.

“That match with Davydenko was gigantic looking back now,” Federer said. “I knew I had a chance if I got through that one. It all came together perfectly. I’ll enjoy this tonight with my friends and family who are here.

“It feels nice to come back. I think it was the right thing to do. I’m happy I made it a priority this year. I hope I can keep the momentum up going into Dubai, Indian Wells and Miami.”

During his presser, Roger also said he was hoping to play another 3-6 years on the ATP circuit. The 30-year-old Federer reminder the media that Agassi played until he was 36.

Federer’s next tournament is a “home” event in Dubai starting next Monday.

http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2012-02-20/8909.php

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #11516 on: February 20, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
Dallas - remember the reality of Agassi's last few years(04-06) were pain-killing injections, almost no titles and 1 GS final. Add to that the top level of the game has gone ot a physical level never seen before. I really think Federer's only chances for playing to 36 are to avoid 5-hour wars with Nadal or Djokovic.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #11517 on: February 20, 2012, 09:03:29 PM »
Dallas - remember the reality of Agassi's last few years(04-06) were pain-killing injections, almost no titles and 1 GS final. Add to that the top level of the game has gone ot a physical level never seen before. I really think Federer's only chances for playing to 36 are to avoid 5-hour wars with Nadal or Djokovic.

I actually think Roger has a better shot at playing longer than Nadal or Djokovic - just based on the 'style' of tennis he plays.  Seems like both Nadal and Djokovic has had worse injuries than Roger (knock on wood)....but Agassi was not in great shape as far as his body was concerned.  I just hope for continued good health from Roger, and yes - avoiding those 5-hour wars against anyone - not just the top 2!  :))

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #11518 on: February 20, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »

Yeah, I'm all worked up over it. :\

Just injecting a few facts into the discussion.

You may now return to your normal posts of blind adoration. :lmao:

I also agree with monster that Federer's serve has been failing him in crucial matches. He can get away with it outside the top 2 guys, but not against them both. I hope he understands that and concentrates well on his serve. If he serves well, and has the baseline game working, then he will be very tough to beat.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #11519 on: February 21, 2012, 12:33:08 AM »
I've noticed Roger having problems with the serve in the last year.