Author Topic: THE ROGER FEDERER THREAD: Quotes, Articles, Videos, Pictures and anything else!  (Read 824062 times)

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
Re: THE ROGER FEDERER THREAD: Quotes, Articles, Videos, Pictures and anything else!
« Reply #11520 on: February 21, 2012, 04:22:12 AM »
Roger is Roger because he has that laser serve - Nowadays, Roger could not rally (mostly) his way to a Masters title, let alone a GS. A Rafa or even a Nole can compete without their serve at top level, but it would be very hard for a player like Roger.. :( :( When he misses his 1st serve against Rafa or Nole, when following his match score live on the PC, I am expecting him to lose the point.. :Confused: I have no idea why Roger has so much trouble with the serve (Murray too seems to suffer from this issue against the Top 2)??

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: THE ROGER FEDERER THREAD: Quotes, Articles, Videos, Pictures and anything else!
« Reply #11521 on: February 21, 2012, 02:44:19 PM »
This is what I call consistency!

With the win, the Swiss extended his streak of winning at least one ATP World Tour title each season to 12 years in a row. He has triumphed at the last five indoor-hard court events he has entered, dating back to the 2010 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, winning 24 consecutive matches in those tournaments. His last loss on the surface came at the hands of Gael Monfils in the BNP Paribas Masters semi-finals two years ago. "It's nice to pick up the momentum after the indoor season I had last year," Federer said.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/02/7/Rotterdam-Sunday-Federer-Defeats-Del-Potro-To-Win-Title.aspx

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #11522 on: February 21, 2012, 02:50:24 PM »
Dallas - what Roger has realized is that he needs a base of success like Nadal has with clay. Roger knows that the indoor season will always be a time he can rack up some titles and use that as a springboard to win some outdoor titles.
Then we will fight in the shade.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #11523 on: February 21, 2012, 07:24:36 PM »

It would be so cool if Federer manages to win  couple of slams this year :)

I feel like he is just so close, making it to semis consistently. Hopefully, his serve starts clicking again next time he faces top 2 and especially Nadal.

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
« Reply #11524 on: February 21, 2012, 09:50:09 PM »
This is what I call consistency!

With the win, the Swiss extended his streak of winning at least one ATP World Tour title each season to 12 years in a row. He has triumphed at the last five indoor-hard court events he has entered, dating back to the 2010 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, winning 24 consecutive matches in those tournaments. His last loss on the surface came at the hands of Gael Monfils in the BNP Paribas Masters semi-finals two years ago. "It's nice to pick up the momentum after the indoor season I had last year," Federer said.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/02/7/Rotterdam-Sunday-Federer-Defeats-Del-Potro-To-Win-Title.aspx

Impressive indeed! Any title Roger wins is commendable. The field is so strong anywhere that a title is a legitimate cause for celebration!! :grind dance:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #11525 on: February 22, 2012, 02:37:53 AM »
Impressive indeed! Any title Roger wins is commendable. The field is so strong anywhere that a title is a legitimate cause for celebration!! :grind dance:

Never mind that a grandfather is winning ATP titles.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #11526 on: February 22, 2012, 05:02:52 AM »

Never mind that a grandfather is winning ATP titles.
Which of his daughters bore child? :confused1:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
THE ROGER FEDERER THREAD: Quotes, Articles, Videos, Pictures and anything else!
« Reply #11527 on: February 22, 2012, 01:20:05 PM »
I think he was trying to be funny! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #11528 on: February 22, 2012, 03:39:07 PM »
Well we see serious Nadal trolls on MTF calling him "Olderer", so why not go all the way and call him Grandpa?  :rofl_2:

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #11529 on: February 23, 2012, 01:24:48 PM »
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/federer-keeping-tabs-on-knicks-lin-hopes-to-meet-1.3552269

NEW YORK - (AP) -- Roger Federer is a big basketball fan, so he's keeping tabs on Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin and hopes they can meet.
[/color]On a conference call Thursday to promote a March 5 exhibition against Andy Roddick at Madison Square Garden -- home, of course, to Lin's Knicks -- 16-time Grand Slam champion Federer said he's "heard a bit about" the latest NBA phenomenon.[/size]
[/color]Federer says it's quite an "incredible story, actually, and I hope he can come to the exhibition."[/size]
[/color]He calls the Harvard player's surprising stardom an example of "why, I think, we all follow sports -- because of great stories like this," when "all of a sudden, someone breaks through that you didn't know or didn't expect."[/size]
[/color]Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.[/size]

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #11530 on: February 28, 2012, 10:53:22 AM »
Roger got by Llodra 60 76!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #11531 on: February 28, 2012, 11:01:56 AM »
Next up:

Federer v Lopez.  (Another lefty!).  Lopez seems to always play Roger hard.  I hope Roger can get by him tomorrow!  Go Roger!

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
« Reply #11532 on: February 28, 2012, 12:03:18 PM »
Lopez is playing better overall now then when they met in Madrid. Lopez could take it.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #11533 on: February 29, 2012, 03:42:59 AM »
Well we see serious Nadal trolls on MTF calling him "Olderer", so why not go all the way and call him Grandpa?  :rofl_2:
......uhhhh, cause it's not true? :confused1:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
While wondering if anything ever comes WITH further ado....
Why did Roger Federer win the sportsmanship award in 2011? We all know about his curt remarks about Novak Djokovic after the U.S. Open semifinals. His sportsmanship for the 2012 season has already been blemished. I ask you again, why did Federer win the sportsmanship award? Is there no male tennis professional who has pristine conduct? I sometimes wonder if there are any male equivalents of Kim Clijsters.
-- Sabrina Justine, Miami, Fla.
This is voted on by the ATP player membership, not just the top guys. Clearly they feel that, judged in totality, Federer's sportsmanship is superior, that his overall comportment outweighs any "blemishes," real or imagined.
I get your mail and I know that many of you take issue with his "arrogance," many of you think the hoodwinked saps in the media are turning a blind eye. But I would humbly submit if the people who interact with Federer year-round are giving him sportsmanship awards, maybe his behavior isn't quite as disgraceful as some of you would like to believe.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/tennis/news/20120222/mailbag/#ixzz1nzWcn1b8

://

Offline propstoart

• Tennis God
  • Fighting Fair
I'm glad Roger won the DDF Tennis Championships! Murray remains a strong contender for a GS regardless of this final defeat to Federer. Roger, meanwhile, can dream of another GS win.. I am hoping he can continue to play such top tennis throughout this vital season. :))

Offline ashwin#1

• Tennis God
  • The Best
very pleased with roger's form...hope this title boosts his confidence for the north american hardcourt swing during march  !!:)
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Offline FedFanForever

• Tennis God
Hasn't anyone noticed Roger is looking a bit more muscular up top these days? He's been lifting weights!  ://

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Hasn't anyone noticed Roger is looking a bit more muscular up top these days? He's been lifting weights!  ://

I noticed.  I didn't know if it was because of weights or was it the 'cut of the shirt'?  :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
Uh..did someone forget to give Roddick the 'dress code'? :rofl_2:

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:58:36 AM by Dallas »