Author Topic: THE ROGER FEDERER THREAD: Quotes, Articles, Videos, Pictures and anything else!  (Read 814988 times)

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: Quotes on Roger Federer
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 03:42:48 PM »
Guys, more quotes from Sampras in the article. I'll bold them. I hope Thalivest drop by and read the article so that he can appreciate RF the same way Sampras does.

You really think this thread or anything anybody says will sway him from his beliefs????? ..-) :rofl_2:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline xerox0001

• Tennis Player
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 03:47:58 PM »
 :::O :::O :::O :sleep 2:

it's a shame that federer never has anything complimentary to say about his opponents but I guess that's what happens when you start to believe your own hype and turn into a pompous ass.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 03:54:04 PM »

it's a shame that federer never has anything complimentary to say about his opponents but I guess that's what happens when you start to believe your own hype and turn into a pompous ass.

:rofl_2: Yeah, right, whatever. Have you ever listened to one of his post-match interviews?

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 04:04:45 PM »

I agree on the yawn, but come on, he's no Serena. Even I can agree to that.

Offline Fedsuperfan

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 07:08:53 PM »
Dmast you're right. I guess this thread won't change people's mind about their fave player. Regardless, I'll try to add more as I encounter new ones. Just a way to contribute to this forum.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2007, 05:57:41 PM »
Dmast you're right. I guess this thread won't change people's mind about their fave player. Regardless, I'll try to add more as I encounter new ones. Just a way to contribute to this forum.

Hey...keep up the good work! :applause:

Offline samprasbestever

• Tennis Player
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2007, 09:03:43 PM »
Federer\'s good qualities:  pretty good forehand, pretty good serve, pretty good movement, pretty smart player.    Overall enough pretty good things to his game to be a pretty good player who can dominate an error of pitifulness like this one.    Also good at faking being a nice guy to the media and public, if you arent truly a nice guy, atleast give credit for doing a good job at pretend.   Nice hair, nice clothes.   

Federer\'s not so good qualities:  weak backhand, weak return of service, weak volleys, weak overhead.   Skinny unimpressive bold.   Huge nose will keep him from ever being particularly good looking, even with the nice hair.   Boring.   Not a genuinely nice guy and comes across as phony.   Did I mention boring.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2007, 09:12:52 PM »
Federer\'s good qualities:  pretty good forehand, pretty good serve, pretty good movement, pretty smart player.    Overall enough pretty good things to his game to be a pretty good player who can dominate an error of pitifulness like this one.    Also good at faking being a nice guy to the media and public, if you arent truly a nice guy, atleast give credit for doing a good job at pretend.   Nice hair, nice clothes.   

Federer\'s not so good qualities:  weak backhand, weak return of service, weak volleys, weak overhead.   Skinny unimpressive bold.   Huge nose will keep him from ever being particularly good looking, even with the nice hair.   Boring.   Not a genuinely nice guy and comes across as phony.   Did I mention boring.

Yes, you mentioned boring, I think in another thread however!

Offline JadeFox21

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2007, 09:25:20 PM »
Federer\'s good qualities:  pretty good forehand, pretty good serve, pretty good movement, pretty smart player.    Overall enough pretty good things to his game to be a pretty good player who can dominate an error of pitifulness like this one.    Also good at faking being a nice guy to the media and public, if you arent truly a nice guy, atleast give credit for doing a good job at pretend.   Nice hair, nice clothes.   

Federer\'s not so good qualities:  weak backhand, weak return of service, weak volleys, weak overhead.   Skinny unimpressive bold.   Huge nose will keep him from ever being particularly good looking, even with the nice hair.   Boring.   Not a genuinely nice guy and comes across as phony.   Did I mention boring.
Uh...no one was labeled more 'boring' than Sampras was during his career.  If Roger is in the 'boring' club....Sampras is the Club President of Boring.  You know if you would present your opinions without trashing Roger, most of us would welcome your comments.  But the fact that you think that only way to praise Sampras is to tear down Roger...well, that just proves how threatened you are by Federer.  Sampras does not need you to defend him by trying to diss Roger.  Pete's accomplishments speak for themselves.  You are the kind of fan that makes others dislike Sampras.   You aren't doing Sampras any favors...
Addicted to the Fed Express

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2007, 09:31:41 PM »

Now this is a quality post if I have ever seen one.  Weak return of serve.  I am glad I wasn't drinking something when I read that, I probably would have laughed it out my nose.  Then again, most of your posts make me laugh, the other 2 posts that you made that did not make me laugh just left me wondering how you were competent enough to type on a keyboard.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2007, 09:46:12 PM »

Wow! Really nailed here. This is the kind of myopic drivel we've come to expect from you. Great Post! :rofl_2:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2007, 09:59:37 PM »

A weak overhead?  :rofl_2: Why's that because he doesn't do a Michael Jordan 10 feet leap into the air to hit the overhead like someone else did? That's the funniest thing I have seen.. weak overhead. Yeah.. Sorry my overhead is just enough to win me the point. Skinny and not good looking? Can I ask who you are comparing him to and why you care - maybe my assumption that you were a guy is wrong?

Offline Fedsuperfan

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2007, 02:19:51 AM »
Pretty sure the guy lost lots of money betting against Fed.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2007, 04:30:46 AM »

:hysterical: Scott, bring him back. The guys the best comic on the boards!
*Not really, he's a twit, but still, occasionally he was worth it.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2007, 04:31:30 AM »
Pretty sure the guy lost lots of money betting against Fed.

No. I'd be surprised if his nurse allows him outside long enough to find a bookmakers.

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2007, 12:18:43 PM »

:hysterical: Scott, bring him back. The guys the best comic on the boards!
*Not really, he's a twit, but still, occasionally he was worth it.

I wouldn't say he's a good comic. But he's the best straight man here. He gives us all opportunities to come up with interesting ways to shoot him down. Its so easy, the challenge is to be interesting.  :hammer:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2007, 08:17:55 PM »
One from this week:

"I took a rest so I could be 100 percent here, and now I'm fresh and eager to play here again," said Federer, who hasn't lost to an American in four years, a streak of 39 matches.

Talk about a streak....   :))

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2007, 08:42:03 PM »
One from this week:

"I took a rest so I could be 100 percent here, and now I'm fresh and eager to play here again," said Federer, who hasn't lost to an American in four years, a streak of 39 matches.

Hey! This is quotes ON Roger, not from him.  :mad1:
Well, I guess he is talking about himself here... (cue Alison -  he's arrogant that's why he's always talking about himself - beat you to it :)~)

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2007, 08:47:48 PM »
One from this week:

Hey! This is quotes ON Roger, not from him.  :mad1:
Well, I guess he is talking about himself here... (cue Alison -  he's arrogant that's why he's always talking about himself - beat you to it :)~)

I'm sure she'll come back with something... But Alison is alright...  ;-()

Offline JadeFox21

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2007, 03:50:56 PM »
LOL Dmastous!    :lmao:
Addicted to the Fed Express