Author Topic: THE ROGER FEDERER THREAD: Quotes, Articles, Videos, Pictures and anything else!  (Read 831876 times)

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
Re: Quotes on Roger Federer
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2007, 11:13:28 AM »
I've been reading all these posts, Page 1 on and make no mistake, I like Roger, he's just not my favorite. But... you people should never make fun of me for my Rafa fanaticism, you're all as far gone as I am, I just chose the 2 horse. Yes, I know my horse didn't win yet... but he might... someday... maybe

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

hey yellowball, we need supporters of all kinds, it makes for a lively board, most people just like to rib you some. I was supporting Davydenko, seemed like I was the only one. And he let me down again, at least when the clay season starts you'll have someone, with davy I'm chopped liver!!!

I supported Denko against many who were ripping him as well!   ;-()

Thanks OSU!  At least i'll have company on the way down.  :( :)

I know everyone is trying to rock my boat, but that's okay, it doesn't work.  :dance 2:

Even Rafa's, shall we say, less than stellar performance against Nalbandian, doesn't rain on my parade... well, not too much.   :sick:   :crying:     :Play Ball:   :))

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2007, 11:16:49 AM »
I've been reading all these posts, Page 1 on and make no mistake, I like Roger, he's just not my favorite. But... you people should never make fun of me for my Rafa fanaticism, you're all as far gone as I am, I just chose the 2 horse. Yes, I know my horse didn't win yet... but he might... someday... maybe

hey yellowball, we need supporters of all kinds, it makes for a lively board, most people just like to rib you some. I was supporting Davydenko, seemed like I was the only one. And he let me down again, at least when the clay season starts you'll have someone, with davy I'm chopped liver!!!

I know everyone is trying to rock my boat, but that's okay, it doesn't work.  :dance 2:

Even Rafa's, shall we say, less than stellar performance against Nalbandian, doesn't rain on my parade... well, not too much.   :sick:   :crying:     :Play Ball:   :))

Uhhhhhhh, Swish, myself, and Dmast were empathizing with you....................sort of!   ;-()

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2007, 11:20:39 AM »

Uhhhhhhh, Swish, myself, and Dmast were empathizing with you....................sort of!   ;-()

:) OK, I'll go down alone, but with support then.  :whistle:

Offline JadeFox21

• Tennis God
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2007, 11:34:11 AM »

Well, I hope I have never made fun of your Nadal-fanaticism.  I like that people have different favorites.  I just don't like it when people trash another player.  I flove Roger, but I like Nadal too.  I don't need to trash Rafa to show my Fed love.  Rafa deserves all the accolades he gets and so does Roger.  I think it is pretty neat that we have these two guys at the top of the game.  Novak is a different personality too and it's cool that he's up there as well. 

Anyway, don't appologize for loving Rafa and you post about him all you want!  :)
Addicted to the Fed Express

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2007, 12:56:55 AM »

Well, I hope I have never made fun of your Nadal-fanaticism.  I like that people have different favorites.  I just don't like it when people trash another player.  I flove Roger, but I like Nadal too.  I don't need to trash Rafa to show my Fed love.  Rafa deserves all the accolades he gets and so does Roger.  I think it is pretty neat that we have these two guys at the top of the game.  Novak is a different personality too and it's cool that he's up there as well. 

Anyway, don't appologize for loving Rafa and you post about him all you want!  :)

I agree!  I love when people stand behind the player they like (no matter what)... So post all you want about Nadal!  He's your guy!  As swish said... we need different posters to post about different players here... So nothing is wrong with what you have been posting or saying about Nadal!  Go for it! :grind dance:

Offline gavin wainscott

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2007, 01:44:51 PM »
Thanks yellowball, for the link...not the Sharapova nonsense, but the Roger's top 10 moments down at the bottom.  BTW, for those of you not keeping score, 9 of 10 ponts were either a volley or a pass...
"Any society that will give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." --Benjamin Franklin
"Small towns breed small minds." --???
"You are the hope of humanity." --John Gardner (not the James Bond one either)

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2007, 01:49:06 PM »
Thanks yellowball, for the link...not the Sharapova nonsense, but the Roger's top 10 moments down at the bottom.  BTW, for those of you not keeping score, 9 of 10 ponts were either a volley or a pass...

You're welcome, :big boss:

Anytime.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 01:49:40 PM by yellowball »

Offline gavin wainscott

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2007, 02:13:23 PM »
Now why are you nice to me one second and mean to me the next? 
"Any society that will give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." --Benjamin Franklin

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2007, 03:02:28 PM »

Well, :big boss: , actually, truly?   I like you, you're just so easy to irritate, if the discussion is Nadal you're easy to knock off center.   ..-) Some might even say a pushover.  ;-()  If there are no stats you don't like it, and I know that so... Vamos, Rafa  :flex:  I'm not going to act smartarse anymore more... we're buddies now, and I can post some dumb stuff and it will be okay. Right?  :dance 2:  Somehow I don't think so.   :)

Way off topic. Sorry.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 03:03:15 PM by yellowball »

Offline gavin wainscott

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2007, 05:08:15 PM »

Well, :big boss: , actually, truly?   I like you, you're just so easy to irritate, if the discussion is Nadal you're easy to knock off center.   ..-) Some might even say a pushover.  ;-()  If there are no stats you don't like it, and I know that so... Vamos, Rafa  :flex:  I'm not going to act smartarse anymore more... we're buddies now, and I can post some dumb stuff and it will be okay. Right?  :dance 2:  Somehow I don't think so.   :)

Way off topic. Sorry.

Yo, quite cool friend, but off center how?  BTW, I love the prison stuff--that was great--and I like going with it.  It's not that I don't like no stats, but I am vigilant in defending the virtues of Serve and Volley, and those stats especially, I feel some weird obligation to point out.  Remember, I am in federal lockdown, and I chill with muerderers...no pushover.  Now I gotta call my baby momma's...

Offline Fedsuperfan

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2007, 06:31:25 AM »
"It's an incredible period in tennis for a man like Roddick," says ESPN analyst Cliff Drysdale. "He's living with the greatest player who ever held a racquet in Federer, and the greatest who ever played on clay in Nadal. It's a remarkable era we're in right now."

http://www.tennis4you.com/forum/index.php?topic=7974.0

I am just copy pasting, but the quote is too good to ignore. thanks BGT.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2007, 03:54:45 PM »
Here are some articles from China:

2 articles about the Gillette promo:

From Reuters:

Smooth Federer yearns for lengthy career
Fri Nov 9, 2007 4:13pm GMT
By Alastair Himmer

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - World number one Roger Federer won a four-way shave-off in Shanghai on Friday in an unusual warm-up for the Tennis Masters Cup.

Appearing at a publicity event for a vibrating razor, Federer demonstrated his skills with a blade to 1,000 youths at a Chinese coming of age ceremony.

Introduced as the world's sexiest man, Federer also said he wanted to play until he was 35 -- and that he wants Brad Pitt to play him if a movie was made about the Swiss player's life.

"I still want to play for a very long time. Up to 35 I definitely want to play," said the 26-year-old in between dishing out shaving tips. "I still feel fit and healthy."

Dressed in a charcoal suit, Federer chose "Fight Club" star Pitt over fellow Hollywood idols Johnny Depp, Matt Damon -- even Denzil Washington and Jet Lee -- to play him in a film.

"Brad Pitt did some tough movies and I'd like mine to be a tough movie too," said Federer, who will be bidding for a fourth title at the Masters Cup beginning on Sunday.

"Comedy would be fine too but I'm more a tough-guy movie kind of guy."

Federer finished his appearance in downtown Shanghai by shaving alongside three baby-faced Chinese 20-year-olds, who appeared not to know one end of a razor from the other.

"You have to put water on your face," Federer advised his fellow shavers, who shook nervously under the glare of flashlights and television cameras. "Then add the shaving cream."

and from AP:

Federer reckons he can play another 9 years

The Associated Press
Friday, November 9, 2007
SHANGHAI, China: Roger Federer has some bad news for his rivals: Retirement is so far in the future that he hasn't really thought about what he might do when he hangs up his tennis shoes for good.

"I hope I play for a very long time," Federer said Friday, mentioning a target of competing until he turns 35.

Considering he's only 26 and already is within sight of Pete Sampras' record of 14 Grand Slam titles, that could be a very long time indeed for perennial No. 2 Rafael Nadal and up-and-coming stars like Novak Djokovic, not to mention talented adolescents whacking balls on practice courts around the world while dreaming of becoming No. 1 some day.

Federer already has held that distinction for four consecutive years and shows no signs of slowing down, with three Grand Slam championships among his seven titles this year. A victory at the Australian Open in January would pull him within one of Sampras' mark heading into the one major that has eluded the Swiss star so far, the French Open.

For now, the target is a fourth title at the Masters Cup that opens in Shanghai on Sunday for the world's top eight players. With Nadal and Roddick fighting knee problems and Nikolay Davydenko weighed down by a match-fixing scandal, the path seems less treacherous than usual.

Federer's hoped-for longevity would clearly be good news for a sport that already was trying to bolster its popularity even before the match-fixing broke recently — and even better news for the corporate sponsors eager to trade on his talent and squeaky-clean image.

That was clear as Federer gave a shaving lesson Friday night to 1,000 male college students.

That's right: a shaving lesson.

For some athletes, this promotion for Gillette — Federer did another gig for a coffee-maker the day before — could have been an exercise in farce. But demonstrating the same grace he shows on the court and the wit he often wields away from the game, Federer somehow pulled it off, even while spouting lines like: "It's about waking up in the morning and feeling fresh and confident."

The crowd stood throughout the hourlong program, with occasional shouts of "We love you Roger!" Many of the 100 or so Chinese journalists were snapping photos with their own little digital cameras for souvenirs.

A lot of the guys in the crowd looked like their faces had never seen a razor. So with a theme of "Boys to Men," Federer described his shaving routine then demonstrated how to lather up and cut clean. At one point, he was given a model of the razor that was bigger than a tennis racket, which he used to shave a grizzled charicature of himself projected onto a screen behind him.

Then the guys in the crowd followed suit, with mirrors lined up on tables so they wouldn't nick themselves.

The most interesting moments came when Federer was asked questions submitted in advance by the audience. First up was what he planned to do when he retires.

The query seemed to briefly put him on his back foot before he said he would play until he's 35 if his body holds up. While many of the pretenders to his throne have been hit with a variety of ailments, Federer has remained nearly injury free.

He did say he hopes to do more work for his charitable Roger Federer Foundation, might start a family with his longtime girlfriend and hopes more opportunities will open up to him as he continues to play.

In a multiple-choice offering, Federer was asked to pick which actor he would like to see portray him, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp or Denzel Washington. He chose Pitt, who has cultivated a reputation as a tough guy with a soft interior and a sense of humor.

Sounds like perfect casting. Maybe Federer should consider a second career in film production.

Offline Fedsuperfan

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2007, 03:41:55 AM »
quotes 1-4 are on the following article: http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_ylt=AlpVCt6Obhpwzn2QtD5xtk84v7YF?slug=ap-masterscup&prov=ap&type=lgns

1. Roger Federer was asked what advice he would offer a player getting ready to face him.

"Don't even try, pal," the top-ranked Swiss star said. "You're probably not going to win."

While Federer was quick to say he was joking, it is pretty accurate right now.

2. "He's playing very, very well," Ferrer said in a bit of an understatement. "He has no weak point."

3. From Fed : "I practiced hard to get (to) this level," he said. "So when it all comes together in a finals like today against Ferrer, it's fantastic."

4. "I surprise myself at times," the 26-year-old Federer said. "I've always had a tendency to all of a sudden go in streaks. Once you get on a roll, it's so hard for the opponent to come back into it. I don't allow them. I can mix it up and change it up. This is my big strength. I hope I can keep that going for many more years to come, obviously."

Quotes 5-8 source:
http://tennisplanet.wordpress.com/category/quotes-on-federer/

5. INTERVIEWER: Last time, at Wimbledon, you said “Next time I may have to punch him.” Do you have a plan B?
RODDICK: Kick him.

6. INTERVIEWER: Do you feel like Federer is the guy everyone is chasing?
RODDICK: Yeah basically nobody stands a chance against him.. maybe we should all join together, you know like Power Rangers or something….

7. ”I am getting really sick of this guy,” Ljubicic joked. “But I guess he likes the same tournament as me, so I will have to keep seeing him. It is the first time I have done something like this. It seems I have to be careful choosing my tournaments in the future.”

8. Roger can produce tennis shots that should be declared illegal” - Tracy Austin

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2007, 05:42:44 AM »
Looks like Fed still has the majic!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2007, 06:06:42 AM »
To all Roger and Tennis fans, below are the quotes on Roger Federer. I actually want to put it on the who is the most complete player thread but I think it deserves a separate post.

Source: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Roger_Federer

*  I played unbelievable, and if it was not Roger Federer on the other side of the net I would have won, 400 per cent.
          o Thomas Berdych, No. 10 in the world, Davis Cup tie, Sept. 23, 2007

* He's an artist on this surface. He can stay back. He can come in. No weaknesses. Federer could win Wimbledon six, seven, eight times. He can play on any kind of surface, he is so complete. And if he continues the way he has been doing and stays away from injuries and still has the motivation, he will be the greatest player ever. I think the motivation is the key thing and he has the motivation to continue to play for another three or five years.
          o Bjorn Borg, winner of 11 Grand Slams, at Wimbledon 2007.

* He's the most gifted player that I've ever seen in my life. I've seen a lot of people play. I've seen the (Rod) Lavers, I played against some of the great players—the Samprases, Beckers, Connors', Borgs, you name it. This guy could be the greatest of all time. That, to me, says it all.
          o John McEnroe, winner of 7 Grand Slams.

* He's probably the greatest player that ever lived.
          o John McEnroe, BBC Wimbledon 2006 live broadcast.

* He can beat half the guys with his eyes closed!
          o John McEnroe, BBC Wimbledon 2006 live broadcast.

* If you want to be a tennis player, then mould yourself on Roger Federer. I won three Wimbledon titles and I wish I could play like him.
          o John McEnroe.

* Federer is the best player in history, no other player has ever had such quality.
          o Rafael Nadal, after winning French Open 2006.

* Yes, I really hit with him when he was 15, during a tournament in Basel, and I knew then he would be good, but not this good. If he stays healthy, it will actually be a miracle if he doesn't win more Grand Slams than Pete [Sampras]. The way he picks his shots is unbelievable. He is fast, he has a great volley, a great serve, great backhand, great everything. If I was his coach, what can I tell him? He is a magician with a racket. Even when he is playing badly, which is rarely, he can still do things with his racket nobody else can do.
          o Goran Ivanisevic on the question if Federer is destined to become the greatest player of all time.

* Well, I think when I look at Roger, I mean, I'm a fan. I mean, I'm a fan of how he plays, what he's about, just the fact that I think he's a class—I don't know him personally, but seems like he's a class guy on and off the court. He's fun to watch. Just his athletic ability, what he's able to do on the run. I think he can and will break every tennis record out there.
          o Pete Sampras, winner of 14 Grand Slams.

* I don't see anyone with a big enough weapon to hurt him. They're just staying back and Roger is able to dictate well enough. You just have to serve well and attack him.
          o Pete Sampras.

* I really consider myself top 5 player in the world, which it doesn't mean that I am close to Roger.
          o Ivan Ljubicic, at Indian Wells 2006.

* Oh, I would be honoured to even be compared to Roger. He is such an unbelievable talent, and is capable of anything. Roger could be the greatest tennis player of all time.
          o Rod Laver, winner of 11 Grand Slams, considered by some the greatest player to ever play the game of tennis.

* Roger's got too many shots, too much talent in one body. It's hardly fair that one person can do all this—his backhands, his forehands, volleys, serving, his court position. The way he moves around the court, you feel like he's barely touching the ground. That's the sign of a great champion.
          o Rod Laver, after 2007 Australian Open semifinal match.

* The best way to beat him would be to hit him over the head with a racquet. Roger could win the Grand Slam if he keeps playing the way he is and, if he does that, it will equate to the two Grand Slams that I won because standards are much higher these days.
          o Rod Laver, speaking ahead of the 2007 Australian Open final against Fernando Gonzalez.

* He's the best I've ever played against. There's nowhere to go. There's nothing to do except hit fairways, hit greens and make putts. Every shot has that sort of urgency on it. I've played a lot of them (other players), so many years, there's a safety zone, there's a place to get to, there's something to focus on, there's a way. Anything you try to do, he potentially has an answer for and it's just a function of when he starts pulling the triggers necessary to get you to change to that decision.
          o Andre Agassi, at US Open 2005.

* He hits that short chip, moves you forward, moves you back. He uses your pace against you. If you take pace off, so that he can't use your pace, he can step around and hurt you with the forehand. Just the amount of options he has to get around any particular stage of the match where maybe something's out of sync is—seems to be endless. His success out there is just a mere reflection of all the things that he can do.
          o Andre Agassi, at US Open 2005.

* There's probably not a department in his game that couldn't be considered the best in that department. You watch him play Hewitt and everybody marvels at Hewitt's speed, as well as myself. And you start to realize, `Is it possible Federer even moves better?' Then you watch him play Andy [Roddick], and you go, `Andy has a big forehand. Is it possible Federer's forehand is the best in the game?' You watch him at the net, you watch him serve-volley somebody that doesn't return so well and you put him up there with the best in every department. You see him play from the ground against those that play from the ground for a living, and argue he does it better than anybody.
          o Andre Agassi.

* He's a real person. He's not an enigma. Off the court he's not trying to be somebody. If you met him at McDonald's and you didn't know who he was, you would have no idea that he's one of the best athletes in the world.
          o Andy Roddick, at Cincinnati 2005.

* I think there's—he's the main guy and then there's probably four or five of us that are—I don't know. Maybe we need to do just a tag team effort or something, join forces, you know, like Power Rangers or something.
          o Andy Roddick, after losing to Roger Federer at the final of Cincinnati 2005.

* He's probably the most talented person to ever carry a racquet around—the shots that he can come up with, the way he's kind of become a totally complete player. But I think off the court, it's huge. There have been a lot of good champions, but he's just classy. He is never high and mighty in the locker room or anything like that.
          o Andy Roddick.

* Roger is at the top, and he's the only person at the top, regardless of how much people want to make rivalry comparisons and this, that and the other. He's the best player in the game. There's no question in my mind.
          o Andy Roddick, after losing to Federer in the Final of 2006 US Open.

* [In the modern game], you're either a clay court specialist, a grass court specialist or a hard court specialist ... or you're Roger Federer.
          o Jimmy Connors, winner of 8 Grand Slams

* He hasn't changed a bit. He hasn't been arrogant in the locker room. He never is. That's great to see someone that does it with class. He doesn't intentionally get in anyone's face. He doesn't put people down.
          o James Blake, at Cincinnati 2005.

* He is on his way to becoming possibly the greatest of all time. But he's still human.
          o James Blake, before he faced Federer in the Quarterfinal at the US Open 2006.

* He put tennis, the bar very high—very high. It's incredible what kind of game he can play.
          o Marat Safin, at Australian Open 2005.

* We have a guy from Switzerland who is just playing the game a way I haven't seen anyone—and I mean anyone—play before. How fortunate we are to be able to see that. If he stays healthy and motivated—and the wonderful feel he has stays with him—he is the kind of guy who can overtake the greatest.
          o Boris Becker, winner of 6 Grand Slams.

* I'd like to be in his shoes for one day to know what it feels like to play that way.
          o Mats Wilander, winner of 7 Grand Slams.

* Roger Federer is the most talented tennis player I have ever seen. He has the capacity to become the greatest in history.
          o Nick Bollettieri.

* Roger Federer is the only guy I watch for his strokes. He is just beautiful. He can hit every single shot you could ever think of. John [McEnroe] and Ilie [Nastase] were very talented but you always knew there were some shots they couldn't hit. Not with Federer. I would go and watch him practice, he's so good.
          o Ivan Lendl, winner of 8 Grand Slams.

* Roger is a complete player. What he has, and it's not luck, is the ability to change his game slightly as to what his opponent's doing to him.
          o Jack Kramer, an all-time great of the game.

* I thought Ellsworth Vines and Don Budge were pretty good. And Gonzalez and Hoad could play a bit, too, but I have never seen anyone play the game better than Federer. He serves well and has a great half-volley. I've never known anyone who can do as many things on a court as he can.
          o Jack Kramer

* I've never enjoyed watching someone playing tennis as much as Federer. I'm just in awe. Pete Sampras was wonderful but he relied so much on his serve, whereas Roger has it all, he's just so graceful, elegant and fluid—a symphony in tennis whites. Roger can produce tennis shots that should be declared illegal.
          o Tracy Austin.

* He's the best player I've ever played against, full stop ... and he was just too good today.
          o Tim Henman, after losing in the 2nd round of Wimbledon 2006 6-4, 6-0, 6-2.

* I'm not sure if he has any weakness in his repertoir.
          o Jonas Bjorkman, after losing in the semifinal of Wimbledon 2006 6-2, 6-0, 6-2.

* Maybe Roger Federer will rescue tennis. He plays like we did in the past.
          o Ilie Nastase, first ever World No.1 when rankings were introduced in 1973.

* He is capable of hitting shots which other players don't even think about trying. He has so many skills.
          o Ivan Lendl, on the 25 Birthday Party of Federer in Toronto.

* Maybe I could win more championships and prize money if Federer was not in the same age with me, but you have to know that there is something money can not buy—that's playing against Federer.
          o Ivan Ljubicic.

* He is the best man in the game, on and off the court, and he has a great personality. I enjoy so much having opportunities to compete against him.
          o Ivan Ljubicic.

* I am so proud to have him around. It is very pity that I am not able to play with Pete Sampras, but it's OK, I can see Federer on the tour. I could tell my grandson someday that I have competed against the greatest player on the planet.
          o Ivan Ljubicic.

* Today I was playing my best tennis, trying lots of different things, but nothing worked. When you're playing like that and he still comes up with all those great shots you really have to wonder if he's even from the same planet.
          o Novak Djokovic, after Davis Cup match.

* Roger is like a good red wine, he's getting better with age...I think his big years will be when he is 26, 27, 28.
          o Tony Roche, former coach of Roger Federer.

* Roger hasn't even started to use a lot of his game.
          o Tony Roche, former coach of Roger Federer.

* He's Roger. What can you say?
          o Mario Ancic after their quarter final at Wimbledon 2006.

* Just about everything he does is pretty impressive. So, yeah, 50 titles at any age is impressive. 50 titles at 26 is incredible. 50 titles with 11 of them being Grand Slams, and I think now 14 being Masters Series, that's just phenomenal.
          o James Blake after their final in Cincinnati 2007, when Federer won his 50th title in the ATP circuit.

Really good to see all these statements in the same place, I forgot there were so many. And what a joy to see him play. Sometimes I get so critical when he plays a "B" game, that's just me wanting to see the best all the time. His "B" game is everyones else best.
I noted that players defined him by skills that you see on the court, not by numbers and endless stats, this way it crosses all eras!!

Offline Fedsuperfan

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2007, 08:49:38 AM »
Swish,

Please don't say the word ERA. Thalivest might come and gun u down  :)>>>> ....or Bit** sl*p yo :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:u.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2007, 07:54:12 PM »
Swish,

Please don't say the word ERA. Thalivest might come and gun u down  :)>>>> ....or Bit** sl*p yo :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:u.

I forgot!!! We already had a few run-ins about it.  :rofl_2:

Offline Fedsuperfan

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2007, 08:18:45 AM »
"I feel pretty good," Sampras said. "I made it competitive, which was my goal. Obviously Roger is the best player in the world and I retired five years ago. I am grateful that he invited me."

source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071120/ap_on_sp_te_ga_su/ten_federer_sampras;_ylt=AqEtKtb_FCxtuHXNdmgYoP9Nz7QF

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2007, 09:24:45 PM »
A couple articles about Roger.

Here's a link describing why Roger is the best ever. They don't use hardly any statistics which is the correct way to compare different eras.
The statements are based on the skill level, this is determined by watching matches.
Anyways I don't want to start a debate on this subject again, so here's the link.

http://www.sportingo.com/tennis/is_roger_federer_best_tennis/1001,5879

And another article with a warning from the master.

Chasing pack snaps at Federer's heels

By Nazvi Careem

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - World number one Roger Federer's claims of invincibility mean nothing to Rafael Nadal and the Spaniard has vowed to hunt down his nemesis in 2008.

After winning the Masters Cup in Shanghai on Sunday, the imperious Federer warned his pursuers not to even try to rule the sport while he is still around.  
Nadal, soundly beaten by the Swiss in the semi-finals last week, refuses to give up in his pursuit of the top ranking, however.

"I have always tried hard and will continue to try hard," Nadal told Reuters on Tuesday. "Sure, it is difficult to beat Federer now but if I try my best and work hard, I have a chance to beat him consistently."

Nadal faces Frenchman Richard Gasquet in the Malaysian capital on Tuesday in a "Clash of the Titans" exhibition match as part of Malaysia's year-long party to celebrate the country's 50th year of independence.

Three-times French Open champion Nadal is in a rare position of leading Federer head-to-head, holding an 8-6 advantage over his rival.

INCREDIBLE FORM

However, six of those victories came on his favored clay surface and only two on hard courts.

At this year's Masters Series in Hamburg, Nadal lost to Federer for the first time on clay.

World number eight Gasquet is also looking to unseat Federer and said the Swiss star is now ripe to be caught by a new generation of players including himself and Nadal.

"Federer is 26 and yes, he is in incredible form and appears to be unbeatable, but I don't think he can get much better than he is now," Gasquet told Reuters.

"I'm only 21, Nadal is also still young and players like us are going to catch up with Federer. We need to work really hard on our games but we can do it."

Gasquet has one career victory over Federer when they met for the first time, at the 2005 Monaco tournament.

However, Federer has won their past six matches, including this year's Wimbledon semi-final.

Federer is also set to play in Kuala Lumpur on Thursday against former world number one Pete Sampras, who is coming out of retirement for the match.

Offline Fedsuperfan

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2007, 08:16:08 AM »
Thanks Swish, Please keep them coming.