Author Topic: THE ROGER FEDERER THREAD: Quotes, Articles, Videos, Pictures and anything else!  (Read 831662 times)

Offline JadeFox21

• Tennis God
Re: Quotes on Roger Federer
« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2008, 12:22:21 PM »
So, if there is a drop in Fed's game we can blame it on Jadefox who apparently hogs all of Fed's time for her many autographs!   :)~ :rofl_2:
Well, it hasn't hurt him so far.... :)~
Addicted to the Fed Express

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #181 on: January 02, 2008, 12:57:36 PM »
Chris, Miami is a great place to see the players upclose.  I've been very fortunate to see Roger practice many times there.  And you are right, watching practices is fantastic compared to sitting in a stadium and watching a real match.  You get to really see their technique.  TV does not do many of them justice - especially Roger.  I was shocked at the spin these guys put on the ball.

I would watch a practice over a real match any time!

Miami sounds a brilliant place to get up and close to the players and I love that at events whenm you can get just so close to the players, I had that at Madrid and at Birmingham you got insanely close to the players and its only a small stadium so you can see so much more than a bigger stadium or Arena. You really see how much power and spin they put on the ball, it really is quite amazing and you learn so much from it, on television it doesn't do any justice to any of the players and I'd have to agree take the competion away from matches and get really close to them when they're practicing and you really could say seeing the practice is better than actual matches. I love the competition and excitement though so I'll always eventually go for the match over practice, but practice you pick up so much more and learn far more about a players game and what they do when thet hit the ball. Are you hoping to go to Miami again this year JadeFox? and do you go often there now?
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline TennisVeritas

• Tennis God
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2008, 06:58:58 AM »
a Nice Moya's comment here:

"Probably you have the best player ever against the best clay-courter ever.
They've totally different styles of game and that is great for the sport"

More details here:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/tennisNews/idUKSP5695720080103?pageNumber=3&virtualBrandChannel=0

NB: the comment is very nice for Rafa too :)~ :)~ :))
"The more you lose, the more they believe they can beat me. But believing is not enough, you still have to beat me" Roger Federer.

We can be knowledgeable with other men's knowledge, we can only be wise with our own wisdom

Offline JadeFox21

• Tennis God
« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2008, 09:48:43 AM »
Are you hoping to go to Miami again this year JadeFox? and do you go often there now?
Yes, I am going to Miami again.  And to the US Open for the first time in 2008!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2008, 12:22:46 PM »
Are you hoping to go to Miami again this year JadeFox? and do you go often there now?

Me too! :)) I also want to go to the DC quarterfinals, if the US and France win their 1st round ties. They will play each other. :lmao: Jade, are you using a travel agent because I have contacted 2 for my trip to Miami and neither have gotten back in touch with me. Also, should I get the stadium court package or just pay the small fee and walk around the tennis park? What's your advice?

Offline JadeFox21

• Tennis God
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2008, 12:32:28 PM »
Me too! :)) I also want to go to the DC quarterfinals, if the US and France win their 1st round ties. They will play each other. :lmao: Jade, are you using a travel agent because I have contacted 2 for my trip to Miami and neither have gotten back in touch with me. Also, should I get the stadium court package or just pay the small fee and walk around the tennis park? What's your advice?
I booked a Sony Ericsson hotel/tennis package through the tournament back in October.  So, I have a stadium seat.  But honestly, I watch most matches by walking around the outer courts.  I usually only watch Roger on the stadium since he never plays on an outside court. 

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2008, 12:56:10 PM »

Both of you let us all know about your Miami/ Davis Cup and particulary US Open experiences and I'll let you know particulary about Roland Garros, as well as Zurich and Birmingham  :)

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2008, 07:07:21 PM »

Both of you let us all know about your Miami/ Davis Cup and particulary US Open experiences and I'll let you know particulary about Roland Garros, as well as Zurich and Birmingham  :)

You lucky bastiges!  You all best shoot some pics and post them! 

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #188 on: January 04, 2008, 01:05:55 AM »

I'll definitely be taking lots of pictures again, I took 590 in Madrid of the tennis and the city  :)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #189 on: January 04, 2008, 07:40:05 AM »

I'll definitely be taking lots of pictures again, I took 590 in Madrid of the tennis and the city  :)

Then why haven't you posted any of them?   :)~

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #190 on: January 04, 2008, 02:20:21 PM »

Then why haven't you posted any of them?   :)~

Well i took them on my phone and now have them on my computer but im not sure how im suppose to host them on here because ive no website link that they are on.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »
Try photobucket Chris.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #192 on: January 04, 2008, 02:37:29 PM »
Try photobucket Chris.

I used to have that but then I stopped using it for ages and went back to it the other day but couldn't remember my password  :bang-head:

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2008, 03:51:55 PM »
Try photobucket Chris.

I used to have that but then I stopped using it for ages and went back to it the other day but couldn't remember my password  :bang-head:

imageshack needs none, that's good for a few photos. if not picasa web albums or something.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #194 on: January 04, 2008, 04:01:36 PM »
Try photobucket Chris.

imageshack needs none, that's good for a few photos. if not picasa web albums or something.

How do I get on and use imageshack pawan?

I think when I get some time I'll try all of these that you guys have been firing down to see which ones the best.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #195 on: January 04, 2008, 04:13:33 PM »
Try photobucket Chris.

How do I get on and use imageshack pawan?

I think when I get some time I'll try all of these that you guys have been firing down to see which ones the best.

When you post a message, just below the text box is an area that is for posting pictures. Just click the browse button, look for the picture you want to post, and click the "host it!" button. You will get a new window that gives you a bunch of links. To post the picture in the post itself go all the way to the bottom of the new Imageshack window, copy the link to the picture and past in the post box. Or you can post the Imageshack link to the page where it's hosted.
That is worthwhile for a couple pictures. To get them all up is a little more involved.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #196 on: January 04, 2008, 07:39:07 PM »

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5imS9vvZaKW7axKchakVgwH-iOLWA

Federer 'fresh and motivated' for tennis Aussie Open

SYDNEY (AFP) — World No.1 Roger Federer said he was fresh and motivated ahead of this month's Australian Open as he arrived in the country Friday in pursuit of Pete Sampras' record 14 grand slam titles.

Federer, 26, is favourite to complete an Australian Open hat-trick at Melbourne Park from January 14-27, which would take him to within one slam of Sampras' benchmark tally.

"I feel fresh, I feel fit, motivated and I think that's the key," Federer told reporters. "I've been practising really hard and it's always a thrill when the year kicks off and after the Australian Open you have a lot of answers."

"If not, you can go to the practice court and go and get ready for the rest of the year."

The Swiss great said he would do everything in his power this year to improve his peerless game as chases the grand slam record, Olympic glory in Beijing and the elusive French Open.

"Honestly, in tennis you can never work hard enough because there's movement, there's forehands, backhands, slice, topspin, coming to the net ... I'd definitely like to improve my skills," he said.

Federer said he was improving his net play, after working on that aspect of his game with his former Australian coach Tony Roche.

"So that's something I'm definitely going to try to keep up," Federer said. "It gives you great opportunities as well against all the baseline players in the world today. You have an extra option. That's a good thing."

"It's not so easy because players are really passing well, so you have to be a great athlete at the net," he said.

"But I know I have those possibilities and if I could use those on clay even more often, I think it will give me a great opportunity (to win the French)."

But Federer insisted winning at Roland Garros to join Rod Laver and Andre Agassi as the only players in the professional era to complete a career grand slam was not his priority in 2008.

"I don't know if I would trade it off for the Wimbledon title, to be honest," he said. "It was so special (last year) to equal the record of five (in a row) of Bjorn Borg."

"And it's an Olympic year as well," he said. "I met (my girlfriend) Mirka here in 2000 at the Olympics in Sydney, so it always remains a special memory for me -- and carrying the flag in Athens in 2004."

"So back in 2008, I'm really excited," he said. "French Open, Olympics, Wimbledon, I've got a lot of things coming my way this year."

A winner of eight titles in 2007, including three majors and the Tennis Masters Cup, Federer will open his new season at the Kooyong Classic exhibition event in Melbourne from January 9-12.

Federer said he had come to Australia earlier to familiarise himself with the new Plexicushion courts, which have replaced the Rebound Ace courts at Melbourne Park.

"That's why I'm arriving as early as possible, getting to know the surface, getting to know the different climate again here ... getting used to the heat again," he said.

"But the surface -- quick or fast -- as long as it's hard court, it's okay."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its good to see Fed early in Australia. :H

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #197 on: January 04, 2008, 08:12:10 PM »

For those who are interested, here is a small clip of Fed arrival in Australia:

http://www.zshare.net/video/61615713e9c219

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #198 on: January 04, 2008, 08:55:07 PM »

For those who are interested, here is a small clip of Fed arrival in Australia:

http://www.zshare.net/video/61615713e9c219

Wow, the correct word was "small"! :rofl_2:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #199 on: January 04, 2008, 09:13:03 PM »
Nice post tennisfan78.

Fed sounds like he still has strong motivation, I like the part where he says he's practicing on his net game.
It could help at RG.
The last 2 years looked like little changed there at RG from my perspective.
He thinks he has a great chance to win RG, to me that is the match of the year.
I think he wants it badly but will not say that exactly.
Nadal has to have RG.

I give Fed about a 45% chance to win in RG.