Author Topic: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« on: March 05, 2005, 08:02:57 PM »
The Bryan Brother lost in 4 sets.  Now Roddick and Andre have a big task in front of them.  I assume Roddick plays first?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline thejackal

• Tennis God
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 08:29:44 PM »
I predict Romania will win the Davis Cup.  There's an old chinese saying:  When the lions are gone, the monkeys are king.
official blogger

tennisconnected.com

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 02:18:11 AM »
I can't imagine Agassi playing two crap matches in a row.  I definitely think he's the favorite against Ancic.  From what I saw on Friday, Ljubicic is a far better player than Ancic, who for some reason wouldn't come to the net even though Roddick was destroying him in baseline rallies.  Ancic will have to play the best all court tennis he possibly can in order to beat Agassi, and I see no reason to believe that's going to happen.  Likewise, if Agassi isn't motivated to come to this match fired up, then he's probably lost fire for the game period.  

The toss up is the Roddick/Ljubicic match.  IMO that's the key match.  This will be a good test for Ivan, who I think can be top 5 by the end of the year.  If he beats Roddick it'll prove he can be top 5 because despite Roddick's limitations, he's undeniably a legitimate top 3 player.

The person who serves better will win.  From what I remember, Roddick didn't serve particularly good against Ancic.  He won that match because Ancic didn't have a game plan, seemed intimidated by the crowd, Roddick's cockiness, and by representing his country.  I don't think Ivan's going to be intimidated.  He just won two matches and he's got to be as confident as he's ever been.  If he can play Federer tight, he's gotta believe he can beat Roddick.

The Bryan bros' loss is not that big a surprise.  It's not like they lost to two baseliners.  Ancic probably has better volleys than both of them, and Ivan is very comfortable at net as well.  Throw in the fact that the Croatians both have bigger serves and it's not that surprising.  

I predicted an upset and although I'd love to be proven wrong, it's not looking good for the USA.  Roddick is going to have to play his very best to beat Ivan.

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 08:48:39 AM »
Have you been to any matches Ill?
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 10:09:17 AM »
Yeah, dude!  I even started a thread about attending.  It was fun.  Highly recommended.  The only pro match I sort of remember being as exciting is when Roddick lost to Hewitt at the US Open the year Leyton won it.  The people really get into it and even though the Davis Cup doesn't mean much to Americans, watching it live you can't help but feel the match actually means something.  And for some reason I feel like the people who come to watch Davis Cup are more hardcore than the ones who go to tournaments like the US Open and whatnot.

It really was one of the better days I've had in a long time.  Just a really positive vibe.  And after working nights for so long, it was the best full day I've had in a while.  Full day as in I experienced a morning, afternoon, and night.  

And I think I've become a quasi fan of Ljubicic, Ancic, and the Bryan brothers.  Even the guy who only played tennis once who went with me enjoyed it.  We were checking out the girls, some of us had beer, it was cool.

Offline gm3106

• Tennis God
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 10:10:54 AM »
Agassi is going to be so fired up to make up for the Ljubicic loss that I think he'll take Ancic out in 3.

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 10:13:16 AM »
Quote from: "gm3106"
Agassi is going to be so fired up to make up for the Ljubicic loss that I think he'll take Ancic out in 3.
But it won't matter unless Roddick wins.  I agree with you.  I think Agassi is going to beat Ancic.  It's all up to Andrew Jackson Gonzalez-Vicario-ChiChi Roddick, Jr.

Offline hummer23mm

• Tennis Addict
    • http://www.atptennis.com
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 10:27:55 AM »
Quote from: "MC ill Logic"
Quote from: "gm3106"
 I think Agassi is going to beat Ancic.  .

have you guys seen ancic's game?  that guy is good!  no one even knows where agassi is at this point.  ancic was crazy, and last night in the dubs, he was taking hte bryans, a former #1 in the world team, apart.  i think he has the gmae and the serve to hand agassi an ass-kicking.
Mike

Anonymous

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 01:31:46 PM »
I think the U.S is gone.    Either Ancic will beat Agassi, or Ljubicic will beat Roddick.   U.S could win either one of those, I just dont think they will win both.   Both are tough matchups for the U.S now.    I want them to lose anyway, then maybe P-Mac will be fired.   GO CROATIA!!!!!!