Author Topic: Heyyo New member around here =]  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Zer0Degrez

• Tennis Player
Heyyo New member around here =]
« on: October 06, 2007, 08:45:23 PM »
Was just browing tips on tennis footwork and came across here =D...it seems like a very good site ...

okay

Introduction =]

Kai
Male
been playing tennis for almost 3 years...about 2.5 years ?
Wilson Hammer Carbon..

I tend to play power top spin deep shots..but my footwork and slow reaction disapoints me =[...My serve too..I have an okay serve...well used to...now I got a shoulder injury..waiting to heall..and yea =P join here to make friends ^^ and learn how ways to kick ass in tennis =P just planned to go a bit more serious in tennis now ^^ my favourite shot in the game is hard top spin deep shots and my serves =]....I am planning on a new racquet too =P any reccomandations ? Ohh btw Heyy guyssss =PPPP

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Heyyo New member around here =]
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 08:46:41 PM »
Welcome to the forums!  Always nice to see new tennis lovers find the site.

One of my favorite shots is the deep topspin forehand to the backhand side, and then of course sneak on into the net for the put away volley.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 09:26:40 PM »
Was just browing tips on tennis footwork and came across here =D...it seems like a very good site ...

okay

Introduction =]

Kai
Male
Wilson Hammer Carbon..

I tend to play power top spin deep shots..but my footwork and slow reaction disapoints me =[...My serve too..I have an okay serve...well used to...now I got a shoulder injury..waiting to heall..and yea =P join here to make friends ^^ and learn how ways to kick ass in tennis =P just planned to go a bit more serious in tennis now ^^ my favourite shot in the game is hard top spin deep shots and my serves =]....I am planning on a new racquet too =P any reccomandations ? Ohh btw Heyy guyssss =PPPP

Welcome to T4Y.  :welcome2:
I'll do my best OSU Buckeye impersonation; check out the journals and start one. Tell us about your exploits on court.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Zer0Degrez

• Tennis Player
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 09:39:12 PM »
lolz alright^^ I will want to try it out..I will start when I jion the club and get my shoulder healed..=PPP..and nice  way strat..but...I am short...volley isnt always the best idea =P about 167cm here ^^

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 09:45:33 PM »
I am not sure where 167 cm registers on the height scales, but I am 5'-4" tall and my volleys are the best part of my game.  Don't let your height discourage you from becoming very good at the net.  It will help your game tremendously...

Actually I just looked it up, seems like you are 1-2" taller than I am.  :)
Scott Baker

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 10:14:27 PM »
I am not sure where 167 cm registers on the height scales, but I am 5'-4" tall and my volleys are the best part of my game.  Don't let your height discourage you from becoming very good at the net.  It will help your game tremendously...

Actually I just looked it up, seems like you are 1-2" taller than I am.  :)

So you're still the midget around here!  :lmao:
But I agree, being short shouldn't keep you from developing a net game. You may not have the reach, and be susceptible to the lob, but you do have the advantage of having a low center of gravity and quickness.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 10:21:40 PM »
And if you can learn to anticipate well at the net you will seem all the taller, or at least quicker.  :)
Scott Baker

Offline Zer0Degrez

• Tennis Player
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 01:02:17 AM »
hohoh....nice tip nice tip...=P....I am actually really slow to be honest =P I think I need to improve my foot work..and may I say my body size isnt those small types..its probs...short with broad shoulders...so I kinda look like someone who hits really hard...therefore speed isnt my strong point....kinda like rafal body's size cept I got no speed and a bit shorter XDDD....I will now try the approahing net play...^^ very nice advice btw...and I cant test my volley at the moment...shoulder still in the way =[

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 04:07:28 AM »
Welcome to the forums! Nothing wrong with being short  :)) you wouldn't rather be 6 foot 6 like dmastous would you? If you get shoulder trouble an your short, perhaps try spinning the 1st serves in with 80% power. More consistency and if you vary the spins, really annoying to return.

Offline Zer0Degrez

• Tennis Player
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 04:15:18 AM »
thanks for the tip kickserve...yea I was planning to learn top spin serve...after my shoulder heal....and I hurt it...at...basketball..and I fell... XD T_T sad aye ? well when it heals I will start a journal =P...and hopefully kick some ass in tennis XD and yea serve is my favourite part and when I ace people...it feels sooo good XD ahh so you mean spin is more important than speed ? but I kinda like speed better

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 07:29:01 AM »
After serving relatively pain free for 20 years, I played a season of softball and I've had shoulder problems ever since. I finaly picked up a left handed glove, and play softball lefthanded now.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Zer0Degrez

• Tennis Player
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 09:56:29 PM »
lolz...I know how you feel.....have you seen a physio ? it helps a bit I guess..and I think my shoulder constant pain will come back too...this really sucks =S...btw when it hurts ? it affects your potential doesnt it ?

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 01:23:33 AM »
After serving relatively pain free for 20 years, I played a season of softball and I've had shoulder problems ever since. I finaly picked up a left handed glove, and play softball lefthanded now.

Softball? Is that like baseball with a soft ball?

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 08:32:02 AM »

Softball is very similar to baseball but the ball is bigger (not softer), maybe like 50% bigger than a baseball (just a guess).  In the USA there are many recreational softball leagues where friends get together, drink beer, and play softball.  There are serious softball leagues but for the most part softball is a slightly more laid back game.  One huge difference between the 2 (besides the ball) is the pitch to the hitter.  In softball you underhand pitch with a relatively high arcing slow pitch.  There is also fast pitch softball which is what the women play in American College and in the Olympics.  I am sure Dmast will come in and clean these explanantions up a bit!   ..-)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 08:35:36 AM »

okay

Introduction =]

Kai
Male
Wilson Hammer Carbon..

Welcome to T4Y.  :welcome2:
I'll do my best OSU Buckeye impersonation; check out the journals and start one. Tell us about your exploits on court.

Not bad..................but I don't think I would hardly ever use the word exploits.................unless maybe we were talking about Rodeo Night...................and those exploits are quite different!   :whistle:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 03:28:54 PM »

Softball is very similar to baseball but the ball is bigger (not softer), maybe like 50% bigger than a baseball (just a guess).  In the USA there are many recreational softball leagues where friends get together, drink beer, and play softball.  There are serious softball leagues but for the most part softball is a slightly more laid back game.  One huge difference between the 2 (besides the ball) is the pitch to the hitter.  In softball you underhand pitch with a relatively high arcing slow pitch.  There is also fast pitch softball which is what the women play in American College and in the Olympics.  I am sure Dmast will come in and clean these explanantions up a bit!   ..-)

About the only thing I would correct in this is the order of priorities... It's drink beer, get together, drink beer, play softball, and the drink some more beer. :drinks:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 03:36:21 PM »
BTW, I forgot to welcome Zer0Degrez here, so welcome!   :)

Offline Zer0Degrez

• Tennis Player
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 09:41:13 PM »
lolz thanks OSU =P and softball is kinda less serious...more laid back =PP so softball would be a good get togther game.and not serious =P and I heard baseball give you bad shoulders...=[