Author Topic: NFL Thread  (Read 121487 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: NFL... anyone?
« Reply #200 on: December 16, 2007, 05:06:27 PM »
It is a miracle that they've got their win at last and it really would have been strange if they had gone winless but the Patriots had tied the Miami record of going unbeaten.

Patriots 14-0

remaining matches:
Dec 23 MIA @ NE  4:15 PM
Dec 29 NE @ NYG  8:00 PM  

only difficult match remaining at Giants.
I think Patriots will be 16-0!

For me the only thing that stands in their way of 16-0 is the amount of players they decide to rest for the last 2 games and which of their real stars will be rested.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #201 on: December 16, 2007, 05:25:40 PM »
now Colts are down 14-13 to Raiders with 10mins to go.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #202 on: December 16, 2007, 05:54:02 PM »
Dallas is down 10-6 with 11 minutes left

Indy is up 21-14 1:33 to go.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #203 on: December 16, 2007, 06:31:03 PM »
Dallas lost 10-6
Indy won 21-14

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2007, 12:34:44 AM »
Glad the Colts got the win in the end over Oakland with a Peyton Manning touchdown pass to Anthony Gonzalez, which wrapped up the AFC South and ensured a bye and top 2 seeding. Shcok to see Dallas go down at home.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2007, 09:44:04 PM »
Glad the Colts got the win in the end over Oakland with a Peyton Manning touchdown pass to Anthony Gonzalez, which wrapped up the AFC South and ensured a bye and top 2 seeding. Shcok to see Dallas go down at home.

You know where Gonzo played College football right?     Yes, he played at the Ohio State University!   :king:

Offline Ava Geil

• Tennis Player
« Reply #206 on: December 18, 2007, 12:13:04 AM »

A Brit who follows American football?  How did that happen??   :confused1:  LOL
"Every individual has a place to fill in the world, and is important in some respect, whether he chooses to be so or not."
-Nathaniel Hawthorne

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #207 on: December 18, 2007, 03:27:27 AM »

You know where Gonzo played College football right?     Yes, he played at the Ohio State University!   :king:
                                                                                                                                                  Yeah when the NFL draft was made i thought of a few of you guys from Ohio when Gonzalez was picked by us. He is starting to settle pretty well now in his first year and has played all year as a wide receiver near enough all the time with the injury picked up by Marvin Harrison.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #208 on: December 18, 2007, 03:32:21 AM »

A Brit who follows American football?  How did that happen??   :confused1:  LOL

Yeah not somehting that you particularly hear of that often especially when i used to always say Aamerican Football would annoy me with all the breaks in play and stops after each tackle but now i love it and it all came about from a fantastic girl and now close friend that i met on this forum. she supported the Colts and loved the NFL so she got me into it and i automatically favoured the Colts. now i never miss a game of theirs and love the sport. At the same time I got her into English Football and in particular supporting my beloved Manchester United. Now we both support Manchester United and the Indianapolis Colts  :)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #209 on: December 18, 2007, 06:02:49 AM »
sorry ChrisTaylor, I like the baltimore colts not the indianapolis colts
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #210 on: December 18, 2007, 06:12:03 AM »

so do you like the ravens now then? since the Colts have moved to Indy.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #211 on: December 18, 2007, 06:39:09 AM »

no, I was saying that the colts name shoud have never been move to Indy. Baltimore Colts were an historic franchise!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #212 on: December 18, 2007, 06:42:05 AM »
btw my fav. franchise is green bay packers, I also like san francisco, oakland, dalllas and new england

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #213 on: December 18, 2007, 06:44:11 AM »

no, I was saying that the colts name shoud have never been move to Indy. Baltimore Colts were an historic franchise!

may have been but there are always going to be franchises moving around in the NFL. I like the name Indy more now anyway but thats all ive ever known and been used to.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2007, 06:48:37 AM »

may have been but there are always going to be franchises moving around in the NFL. I like the name Indy more now anyway but thats all ive ever known and been used to.

take tennessee for example, they were the houston oilers, and changed their name to titans. (oilers were nothing compare to baltimore colts)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #215 on: December 18, 2007, 06:49:43 AM »
btw my fav. franchise is green bay packers, I also like san francisco, oakland, dalllas and new england

youve got plenty of hopefuls in this years playoffs then so you could have a winning year. its all Indianapolis Colts for me and Peyton Manning our key man and future Hall of Famer.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #216 on: December 18, 2007, 06:51:49 AM »

take tennessee for example, they were the houston oilers, and changed their name to titans. (oilers were nothing compare to baltimore colts)

it is a shame for history and especially if its your favourite team that goes but i think the NFL and the way owners buy franchises will always be like thats. that is just one of the aspects of thev game of NFL.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #217 on: December 18, 2007, 06:57:11 AM »

it is a shame for history and especially if its your favourite team that goes but i think the NFL and the way owners buy franchises will always be like thats. that is just one of the aspects of thev game of NFL.

yes, another aspect is that you don't have an nfl team in los angeles.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #218 on: December 18, 2007, 07:00:38 AM »

thats been something thats been spoken about for quite a long time. i really would have thought a city as big as LA would have an NFL team. seems a shame to me for one of the biggest cities not to have one. heard that the Buffalo Bills may move to Toronto when their owner retires for good. he said he has no interest of keeping the team in that city and Toronto are very eager for NFL and a franchise at that.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2007, 07:05:25 AM »

thats been something thats been spoken about for quite a long time. i really would have thought a city as big as LA would have an NFL team. seems a shame to me for one of the biggest cities not to have one. heard that the Buffalo Bills may move to Toronto when their owner retires for good. he said he has no interest of keeping the team in that city and Toronto are very eager for NFL and a franchise at that.

IMHO, the fist franchise that will move will go to to L.A. and in Canada they have CFL and Toronto Argonauts, founded  1873, they are one of the oldest  professional sports teams in North America. The Argonauts have won the Grey Cup championship a record fifteen times, most recently in 2004.