Author Topic: NFL Thread  (Read 124627 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: NFL... anyone?
« Reply #240 on: December 23, 2007, 01:45:32 PM »
Colts are up 24-7 at home to Houston with 2 minutes of the 1st half remaining  :)
Bears 13-7 Packers
Browns 0-13 Bengals (could be huge for the playoffs)
Raiders 3-28 Jaguars
Giants 17-14 Bills
Chiefs 14-19 Lions
Eagles 24-14 Saints

All halftime or 3 minutes or less away

It went from 7-3 Texans to 24-7 Colts real quick!

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #241 on: December 23, 2007, 01:51:12 PM »
In other news Ed "big guns" Hockuley looks like he's working on a big belly to go with the guns (or maybe it's just that TV adds 10 lbs).

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #242 on: December 23, 2007, 01:54:01 PM »
Colts are up 24-7 at home to Houston with 2 minutes of the 1st half remaining  :)
Bears 13-7 Packers
Raiders 3-28 Jaguars
Giants 17-14 Bills
Chiefs 14-19 Lions
Eagles 24-14 Saints

It really did Dmas, one minute I was a little concerned with how the match was shaping up, then bang bang bang, Addai rushing TD, then 2 Peyton Manning TD passes to Dallas Clark and the Colts are sitting pretty again  :cool:
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #243 on: December 23, 2007, 01:56:33 PM »
Bears 13-7 Packers
Raiders 3-28 Jaguars
Giants 17-14 Bills
Chiefs 14-19 Lions
Eagles 24-14 Saints

It really did Dmas, one minute I was a little concerned with how the match was shaping up, then bang bang bang, Addai rushing TD, then 2 Peyton Manning TD passes to Dallas Clark and the Colts are sitting pretty again  :cool:

Make that 31-7 now!

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #244 on: December 23, 2007, 01:58:19 PM »
Bears 13-7 Packers
Raiders 3-28 Jaguars
Giants 17-14 Bills
Chiefs 14-19 Lions
Eagles 24-14 Saints

Make that 31-7 now!

I'm loving this, rushing touchdown this time for Dawson!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #245 on: December 23, 2007, 02:09:49 PM »
In the Ohio match up the Bengals are beating the Browns 19-0 so I'm guessing that Buckeye won't be happy, especially since this match is much more important for the Browns, a defeat here and the Titans could do them for the final playoff place.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2007, 02:11:12 PM »
Make that 19-7 Bengals, touchdown when the Browns desperately needed it.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2007, 02:11:58 PM »
So let's see.... 31-7 about 20 minutes left in the game, with nothing left to play for in the season Manning, Wayne, and Adai are still in there. Think there will be talk of running up the score?
Nah, Dungy's too nics a guy to run up the score! Only the evil Belichick would do something like that!

Make that 38-7.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #248 on: December 23, 2007, 02:19:31 PM »
So let's see.... 31-7 about 20 minutes left in the game, with nothing left to play for in the season Manning, Wayne, and Adai are still in there. Think there will be talk of running up the score?
Nah, Dungy's too nics a guy to run up the score! Only the evil Belichick would do something like that!

Make that 38-7.

Yeah all the big boys are still there, just hope it doesn't backfire, especially considering all the injuries the Colts have had to deal with all season. Also there's a bit of rivalry at stake with it being a Divisional game so Colts are telling this is a marker for next season. Also this will be a good way to go into the playoffs hitting the ground running because the last few years the Colts have basically limped over the line for the last 3/4 games or so and that can't happen this year if we're going to beat the Patriots in the showdown. Praying though it doesn't backfire and Dungy is way too nice a guy to be accused of that, as you say thats Belichick's role  :rofl_2:
Was Peyton to Reggie Wayne this time. Peyton really getting back to his very bes these last few weeks and Tom Brady had better watch out!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #249 on: December 23, 2007, 02:23:13 PM »
Bears are going to do the double over their great rivals the Packers and ensure Dallas homefield advantage right throughout the playoffs, they have got the number 1 seeding sewn up as Chicago are up 34-7 on Green Bay. Favre is having a bit of a shocker.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #250 on: December 23, 2007, 02:46:57 PM »
4th quarter Indy have made a few changes to the team. 2 very interesting games though in that New York Giants are beating the Buffalo Bills now 24-21, with 9 minutes to go, a win would take the Giants into the playoffs. Then the Browns have 14 unanswered points vs the Bengals and its 19-14 with 6 minutes to go, in Bengals favour.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #251 on: December 23, 2007, 03:18:27 PM »
Final scores from the 7 early games today

Colts 38-15 Texans (Great 2nd and 3rd quarter displays killed this one and ensured a few reserves a run out.
Bears 35-7 Packers (Demolished the Packers and where's this been from the Bears this season?)
Browns 14-19 Bengals (Could be a killer for the Browns, they now need Titans to lose to Jets or Colts to make playoffs)
Raiders 11-49 Jaguars (Showing how dangerous they should be in the playoffs)
Giants 38-21 Bills (21-0 4th quarter for the Giants wrap up their playoff place)
Chiefs 20-25 Lions (Lions move to 7-8, while the Chiefs fall to 4-11)
Eagles 38-23 Saints (This one finishes off the hopes of New Orleans making it to the playoffs for a 2nd year running)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #252 on: December 23, 2007, 03:22:42 PM »

Colts 38-15 Texans (Great 2nd and 3rd quarter displays killed this one and ensured a few reserves a run out.
Bears 35-7 Packers (Demolished the Packers and where's this been from the Bears this season?)
Browns 14-19 Bengals (Could be a killer for the Browns, they now need Titans to lose to Jets or Colts to make playoffs)
Giants 38-21 Bills (21-0 4th quarter for the Giants wrap up their playoff place)
Eagles 38-23 Saints (This one finishes off the hopes of New Orleans making it to the playoffs for a 2nd year running)

Thanks for the update, about the bears they got lucky.  :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #253 on: December 23, 2007, 03:30:25 PM »

Haha, so you a Green Bay Packer then Swish? They did get lucky in the respect that Favre had a disaster in the wind!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #254 on: December 23, 2007, 03:47:48 PM »

Haha, so you a Green Bay Packer then Swish? They did get lucky in the respect that Favre had a disaster in the wind!

Actually I'm from Chicago and a bears fan. But they did so bad this year after making the super bowl, I'm down on them!  :)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #255 on: December 23, 2007, 03:54:17 PM »

thanks Chris!

what is the play-off picure in the AFC and NFC?

Thanks in advance!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #256 on: December 23, 2007, 03:57:23 PM »

Actually I'm from Chicago and a bears fan. But they did so bad this year after making the super bowl, I'm down on them!  :)

I thought you'd said you were from Chicago so wasn't sure if maybe you'd moved over time from the Green Bay area. But gee you must be down on Chicago to be feeling a little for the Packers  :)) Can see why you say that because for Chicago to have gone from the Superbowl final to the inconsistent mess they've become this year is amazing, even more so when you consider you're 7-9 and 2 of the wins have been against one of the best teams in the Packers. You had very different emotions and feelings to me then after the Superbowl 2007 Final then  ..-)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #257 on: December 23, 2007, 04:01:08 PM »

I thought you'd said you were from Chicago so wasn't sure if maybe you'd moved over time from the Green Bay area. But gee you must be down on Chicago to be feeling a little for the Packers  :)) Can see why you say that because for Chicago to have gone from the Superbowl final to the inconsistent mess they've become this year is amazing, even more so when you consider you're 7-9 and 2 of the wins have been against one of the best teams in the Packers. You had very different emotions and feelings to me then after the Superbowl 2007 Final then  ..-)

After that run Chicago had last year I thought they would at least make the playoffs.
So I'm disappointed.
There's always next year.  :king:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #258 on: December 23, 2007, 04:07:17 PM »

thanks Chris!

what is the play-off picure in the AFC and NFC?

Thanks in advance!

AFC Division winners
1- New England- Homefield advantage- bye first wek
2- Indianapolis- 2nd seed wrapped up- bye first week
3- San Diego- 3rd or 4th seed
4- Pittsburgh- 3rd or 4th seed
Wildcards
5- Jacksonville- number 1 wildcard
6- Cleveland (9-6) or Tennessee (8-6) 2 wins for Tennessee against the Jets today and Colts next week give them the final place and will give the AFC South 3 teams in the playoff (the mazimum possible) with Indianapolis, Jacksonville and Tennessee.

NFC Division Winners
1- Dallas- Homefield advantage- bye first week
2- Green Bay- 2nd seed confirmed- bye first week
3- Seattle- 3rd or 4th seed
4- Tampa Bay- 3rd or 4th seed
Wildcards
5- New York Giants- clinched playoff place today, will be 5th or 6th seed
6- Minnesota (8-6) or Washington (7-7) and they will play in the night match later on- so that is huge and a Minnesota win will give them the playoff place.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2007, 04:08:32 PM »

After that run Chicago had last year I thought they would at least make the playoffs.
So I'm disappointed.
There's always next year.  :king:

Huge disappointment this year for the Bears but sure they'll be back next year and thats the spirit Swish  :)