Author Topic: NFL Thread  (Read 126897 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: NFL... anyone?
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 09:37:13 AM »
I missed the whole thing working.... :mad1: I got home just in time to watch the Joe Torre interview.
Amazing 5 interception (2 returned for TDs), one fumble (also by Romo) and they still get that last touchdown, then after not getting the 2 point conversion, they go ahead and win it with a long field goal, well 2 long field goals. ..-)
Couple things though. There's no question they will change that rule that allows the coach to call time out just before the ball is snapped on a last second field goal. They have to.
Buffalo really won the game. That catch the Owens made to get them in field goal postion should have been reviewed and reversed. He didn't maintain possession.

It was reviewed and overruled, and the Cowboys were left with just 13 seconds to complete two short passes to the sideline to set up the game winning 53 yd FG.

See... told you I missed the game. I was just seeing it on the highlights. :confused1:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 09:12:34 PM »
I missed the whole thing working.... :mad1: I got home just in time to watch the Joe Torre interview.
Amazing 5 interception (2 returned for TDs), one fumble (also by Romo) and they still get that last touchdown, then after not getting the 2 point conversion, they go ahead and win it with a long field goal, well 2 long field goals. ..-)
Couple things though. There's no question they will change that rule that allows the coach to call time out just before the ball is snapped on a last second field goal. They have to.
Buffalo really won the game. That catch the Owens made to get them in field goal postion should have been reviewed and reversed. He didn't maintain possession.

It was reviewed and overruled, and the Cowboys were left with just 13 seconds to complete two short passes to the sideline to set up the game winning 53 yd FG.

See... told you I missed the game. I was just seeing it on the highlights. :confused1:

I saw the game last night, and wow what a finish. The first attempt for the field goal good, but was not counted because buffalo called timeout just before the play. The second attempt was good too and this time it counted and resulted in the cowboys win. I didnt really care as to who should win, but it was an awesome finish.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 10:20:21 PM »
Well I stayed up and watched the entire game --- didn't really care for it until the last 20 seconds! :rofl_2:

My husban and I said Dallas did everything in its power to lose the game - yet the Bills wouldn't let them!  Great win for us!  Now I hope Tony got all his interception passes done for the entire year in this one game!  But I'm a die-heart Cowboy fan so I'm glad we somehow found a way to win this game, even though it was looking grim! ;-()

Next week should be a fantastic game!  I'll be watching!!!!!

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 07:38:48 PM »
Well I stayed up and watched the entire game --- didn't really care for it until the last 20 seconds! :rofl_2:

My husban and I said Dallas did everything in its power to lose the game - yet the Bills wouldn't let them!  Great win for us!  Now I hope Tony got all his interception passes done for the entire year in this one game!  But I'm a die-heart Cowboy fan so I'm glad we somehow found a way to win this game, even though it was looking grim! ;-()

who are they playing next week Dallas??

On the other hand I am sad to let you all know that I am a St.Louis Rams fan, and would be very happy if they even win one game by the end of the season. They are currently 0-5  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: ..................  :(

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 07:51:10 PM »

On the other hand I am sad to let you all know that I am a St.Louis Rams fan, and would be very happy if they even win one game by the end of the season. They are currently 0-5  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: ..................  :(

I fear the Cowboys will not be 6-0. They have to play New England Sunday. It's in Dallas, but if Romo is anything like he was in Buffalo, the results will be ugly, and the Patriots have an offense that will take advantage. And they have a coach who will be studying the Buffalo tapes, and finding a way make Romo look like he did in Buffalo. He has a way of doing that.
Both teams will be going in 5-0. But only one has looked anywhere near vulnerable this year.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 07:56:45 PM »

I fear the Cowboys will not be 6-0. They have to play New England Sunday. It's in Dallas, but if Romo is anything like he was in Buffalo, the results will be ugly, and the Patriots have an offense that will take advantage. And they have a coach who will be studying the Buffalo tapes, and finding a way make Romo look like he did in Buffalo. He has a way of doing that.
Both teams will be going in 5-0. But only one has looked anywhere near vulnerable this year.

I don't think Romo will be that bad again!  Even he said he thinks he's gotten all of his 'bad' throws out in one game (that Buffalo game).  Because they didn't play great against Buffalo- look for them to play fantastically well against New England and I'm calling for an upset here:  Dallas will beat New England and become 6-0!  Go Cowboys!

Uhm... About the RAMS.... don't know if anything will help them this year... :whistle:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 08:04:43 PM »

I don't think Romo will be that bad again!  Even he said he thinks he's gotten all of his 'bad' throws out in one game (that Buffalo game).  Because they didn't play great against Buffalo- look for them to play fantastically well against New England and I'm calling for an upset here:  Dallas will beat New England and become 6-0!  Go Cowboys!

Uhm... About the RAMS.... don't know if anything will help them this year... :whistle:

New England has a way of making quarterbacks bad. Other teams try to do some of the things the Pats do, but the Pats just do it better. There's a national broadcaster who asks the question... which team, where would be favoured against New England. The only team the is capable of doing that is the Colts in Indianapolis. I'm not saying the Pats will go undefeated, and Dallas may be the team to knock them off their perch, but week in and week out (barring injuires) the Pats will be favoured to win what ever game whereever they are playing. They are really that good.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 08:10:23 PM »

New England has a way of making quarterbacks bad. Other teams try to do some of the things the Pats do, but the Pats just do it better. There's a national broadcaster who asks the question... which team, where would be favoured against New England. The only team the is capable of doing that is the Colts in Indianapolis. I'm not saying the Pats will go undefeated, and Dallas may be the team to knock them off their perch, but week in and week out (barring injuires) the Pats will be favoured to win what ever game whereever they are playing. They are really that good.

I know they are good...but the game is still played on the field.  They are not unbeatable!  Just like the crowd got behind Buffalo and they almost pulled off that upset - the Dallas crowd will be going wild at Texas Stadium and unlike Buffalo - we do know how to finish!  The game is so big here that loud mouth TO isn't speaking to the media until after the game.  (uhm, maybe they should play New England every week if that's what it takes to shut him up!) :rofl_2:

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2007, 08:18:54 PM »

You are right dallas. i dont think they have any hope for this year. I heard somewhere that, no team which has  starting record of 0-4 ever made it to the playoffs.  lol

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2007, 08:55:41 PM »

I know they are good...but the game is still played on the field.  They are not unbeatable!  Just like the crowd got behind Buffalo and they almost pulled off that upset - the Dallas crowd will be going wild at Texas Stadium and unlike Buffalo - we do know how to finish!  The game is so big here that loud mouth TO isn't speaking to the media until after the game.  (uhm, maybe they should play New England every week if that's what it takes to shut him up!) :rofl_2:

I don't think you would want them playing NE every week. Shutting TO up isn't worth that! However it's true that Dallas has as good a chance as any. Better than most actually. I will be conflicted. I don't know who to pull for.... :confused1:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2007, 09:51:23 PM »

I don't think you would want them playing NE every week. Shutting TO up isn't worth that! However it's true that Dallas has as good a chance as any. Better than most actually. I will be conflicted. I don't know who to pull for.... :confused1:

Pull for a good game..... (with Dallas scoring a little more than NE) ;-() :innocent:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2007, 07:29:15 AM »
Good stuff guys!  I think NE is favored in like every game.  I think they will beat Dallas unless Dallas plays amazing and NE have some big mistakes, fumbles, interceptions.  I am not sure anyone can beat NE unless they play poorly and so far we have not seen any signs of poor play on their part. 

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2007, 10:26:35 AM »
Good stuff guys!  I think NE is favored in like every game.  I think they will beat Dallas unless Dallas plays amazing and NE have some big mistakes, fumbles, interceptions.  I am not sure anyone can beat NE unless they play poorly and so far we have not seen any signs of poor play on their part. 

They didn't play great against Cleveland, especially in that 3rd quarter, but Cleveland didn't have enough to really take advantage. I think Dallas would have either won that game, or come close. But Brady rarely has back to back bad games, so Dallas may be in for a rough time.
All the Pats who do post game appearances on the local radio shows all talked about what a stinker of a game they played and how they were getting killed for it. I would guess there will be some motivation to up the ante Sunday.
But you are right, if NE comes out flat, and turns the ball over, and Dallas comes out firing on all cylinders they should win.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2007, 01:27:06 PM »
I just checked the line on NE - Dallas game. NE is favored by 5.5 points! Well see.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2007, 01:30:01 PM »
I just checked the line on NE - Dallas game. NE is favored by 5.5 points! Well see.

So we shall!  Come on Cowboys!!!!! Fight, fight, fight! :Sword Fight:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2007, 12:37:24 PM »
Bears 2nd year phenom Devin Hester just returned an 89 (actually, he ran back from the 11 to the 5 yd line before turning up field) yrd punt for a TD, his 9 return for a TD in his short career.

This one has to rank among the Top 3 in terms of stoopid sick, "How he do dat?"

:yikes: :grind dance: :thumbs-up:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2007, 01:09:31 PM »
Bears 2nd year phenom Devin Hester just returned an 89 (actually, he ran back from the 11 to the 5 yd line before turning up field) yrd punt for a TD, his 9 return for a TD in his short career.

This one has to rank among the Top 3 in terms of stoopid sick, "How he do dat?"

:yikes: :grind dance: :thumbs-up:

Hester is the best returner in the history of the NFL, kickoffs and punts. Remember the last year superbowl he returned the first kickoff for a touchdown!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2007, 02:24:40 PM »
Bears are behind 21-14. Chicago's bringing me down!!  :mad1:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2007, 02:56:20 PM »

Well, Chicago is a 'marked' team this year having gotten to the Super Bowl.... But it's still early :innocent:

I'm just waiting for the Cowboys!  I hope they play well. :))

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2007, 04:07:45 PM »

Well, Chicago is a 'marked' team this year having gotten to the Super Bowl.... But it's still early :innocent:

I'm just waiting for the Cowboys!  I hope they play well. :))

Chicago lost to Vikings in a close game.

Patriots quickly ahead of Cowboys 14-0  . Cowboys have some work to do.