Author Topic: NFL Thread  (Read 122142 times)

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
Re: NFL... anyone?
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2007, 04:16:54 PM »

Good comeback from Cowboys.  Patriots lead 14-10

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2007, 04:18:55 PM »

Good comeback from Cowboys.  Patriots lead 14-10

I'm right here watching it with you!  Dallas is a slow starter ... now that we're back in the game, maybe it will be competitive now!  Go Dallas!!!!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2007, 04:45:26 PM »
Cowboys got it to 14-10, but the Pats notched another TD. So 21-10 Pats at the 2 minute warning.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2007, 04:59:54 PM »

Cowboys answered with a touchdown.  Its 21-17 at the half time. This is a good game :H

Dallas, are you alright???  When watching cowboys, Do you get as nervous as you do when you are watching Federer? lol

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2007, 05:15:30 PM »

Cowboys answered with a touchdown.  Its 21-17 at the half time. This is a good game :H

Dallas, are you alright???  When watching cowboys, Do you get as nervous as you do when you are watching Federer? lol

I'd say I get more nervous when Roger plays, but the Cowboys are a close '2nd'.  I'm more relaxed when the Cowboys play but I 'yell' at the TV a lot with them when they make stupid plays.  I have never yelled at Roger and it's really a deep down 'nervousness' I experience when he plays.  The only time I can relax is when the match is over.  Then I can really enjoy!  That's why I have copies of just about every match he's played so I an re-watch comfortably and relax to really enjoy what he's done.  I know - it's stupid - but that is just the way I feel. :rofl_2:

« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 05:36:08 PM by dmastous »

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2007, 05:18:59 PM »

I'd say I get more nervous when Roger plays, but the Cowboys are a close '2nd'.  I'm more relaxed when the Cowboys play but I 'yell' at the TV a lot with them when they make stupid plays.  I have never yelled at Roger and it's really a deep down 'nervousness' I experience when he plays.  The only time I can relax is when the match is over.  Then I can really enjoy!  That's why I have copies of just about every match he's played so I an re-watch comfortably and relax to really enjoy what he's done.  I know - it's stupid - but that is just the way I feel. :rofl_2:

LOL Okay :H 

I have just downloaded the highlights between Federer and Santoro, US Open 2005. Just awesome.  :worthy:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2007, 05:29:40 PM »

LOL Okay :H 

I have just downloaded the highlights between Federer and Santoro, US Open 2005. Just awesome.  :worthy:

I have that entire match! It was awesome!

OK... Dallas just took the lead (a small lead)...but nevertheless - a lead on NE) :applause:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2007, 05:55:08 PM »
Now New England has the ball, kicked another feild goal 31-24.
Last team with the ball wins. :))

An ambition fulfilled

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2007, 05:57:50 PM »
Now New England has the ball, kicked another feild goal 31-24.
Last team with the ball wins. :))

Yeah,  It is still just one touch down difference. Let us see what happens.

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2007, 06:09:10 PM »

On the other hand, my Rams have maintained their perfect losing record this week too 0-6   :hysterical:    :(

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2007, 06:30:03 PM »

On the other hand, my Rams have maintained their perfect losing record this week too 0-6   :hysterical:    :(

I feel your pain... Seems like my Cowboys will go down today... Oh well!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2007, 06:30:55 PM »
If Dallas wants to trade touchdowns for field goals the Pats will be happy to oblige. ;-()

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2007, 06:35:54 PM »
If Dallas wants to trade touchdowns for field goals the Pats will be happy to oblige. ;-()

Well with that interception... The fat lady is singing now!  Congrats Dmast... :not worthy:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2007, 06:50:48 PM »
Looks like they got thier spurs handed to them!! NWE is a heck of a team!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2007, 08:27:05 PM »
Looks like they got thier spurs handed to them!! NWE is a heck of a team!

What was the final score?  Didn't NE win by 21 or something? 

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2007, 08:38:08 PM »
48-27 but it was 31-24 in the 3rd period. Dallas was out scored in the 4th 17-3!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2007, 08:41:39 PM »
Mean while on my home front, the Bears went into hibernation!!! Losing 34-31 in the last few seconds to a 55 yard field goal!!! That's the most painful way to lose!!  :(

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2007, 09:19:08 PM »
Mean while on my home front, the Bears went into hibernation!!! Losing 34-31 in the last few seconds to a 55 yard field goal!!! That's the most painful way to lose!!  :(

Wow, pretty impressive finish though!  Clutch field goal!  Great day from A. Peterson!   
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 09:20:14 PM by OSU Buckeye »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2007, 09:40:38 PM »

Wow, pretty impressive finish though!  Clutch field goal!  Great day from A. Peterson!   

You should of heard the whining and other unspeakables(at the local tavern). 

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2007, 10:17:35 PM »

I did watch that game. Sorry Swish, that must have been painful. They did fight pretty hard and almost made it back though.