Author Topic: NFL Thread  (Read 122117 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: NFL... anyone?
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2007, 10:21:20 PM »
Mean while on my home front, the Bears went into hibernation!!! Losing 34-31 in the last few seconds to a 55 yard field goal!!! That's the most painful way to lose!!  :(

I did watch that game. Sorry Swish, that must have been painful. They did fight pretty hard and almost made it back though.

I just caught the last quarter, a 55 yarder is pretty rare so it's even worse. Well, there's next week, and I know already thier not going to do anything this year. 

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2007, 09:51:38 AM »
Mean while on my home front, the Bears went into hibernation!!! Losing 34-31 in the last few seconds to a 55 yard field goal!!! That's the most painful way to lose!!  :(

I did watch that game. Sorry Swish, that must have been painful. They did fight pretty hard and almost made it back though.

I just caught the last quarter, a 55 yarder is pretty rare so it's even worse. Well, there's next week, and I know already thier not going to do anything this year. 

The Bears biggest problem this year is that their dum-bass brass failed to realize that their window of opportunity was last year. You can't account for injuries and the Bears have been devastated. Waiting for an offense to cut its teeth whilst a great defense just gets older is a recipe for disaster. TrainRex Glassman was a buster all along. They would have put their best foot forward had they benched his sorry azz by week 11. Griese's no pro-bowler, but we didn't need a pro-bowl QB last year. And next year, Rex will be looking for a job with someone who desperately needs a backup QB.

We--Grossman critics--were right. The dum-bass Bear brass was wrong.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2007, 10:05:23 AM »

The Bears biggest problem this year is that their dum-bass brass failed to realize that their window of opportunity was last year. You can't account for injuries and the Bears have been devastated. Waiting for an offense to cut its teeth whilst a great defense just gets older is a recipe for disaster. TrainRex Glassman was a buster all along. They would have put their best foot forward had they benched his sorry azz by week 11. Griese's no pro-bowler, but we didn't need a pro-bowl QB last year. And next year, Rex will be looking for a job with someone who desperately needs a backup QB.

Right!!  All we needed was a quarterback to not give the game away and that Rex had some really good games last year then fell apart. They were waiting for him to go back to good-Rex but waited too long. Well, they threw the dice and came up empty. This years gone! 

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2007, 10:32:51 AM »

Right!!  All we needed was a quarterback to not give the game away and that Rex had some really good games last year then fell apart. They were waiting for him to go back to good-Rex but waited too long. Well, they threw the dice and came up empty. This years gone! 

He started off on fire last year. Thru 6 games he was as good as Manning or Brady. Thru the next 10 weeks he was up and down, but mostly down. This year he hasn't been down but brutal. You guys are right, he should have been sat down a long time ago. ..-)

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2007, 10:56:27 AM »
It was my opinion that even when Rex was supposedly good last year he was getting really lucky with some great catches by his recievers where he basically threw it up for anyone to catch it!?   Numbers would proly show better but that was my memory. 

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2007, 12:24:48 PM »
It was my opinion that even when Rex was supposedly good last year he was getting really lucky with some great catches by his recievers where he basically threw it up for anyone to catch it!?   Numbers would proly show better but that was my memory. 

Turnovers aside (and dropping the C-QB exchange on a regular basis is simply unforgiveable), it's real simple to de-mystify the alleged "good-Rex/bad-Rex" dealio. When the defense sucked, Rex put up real good numbers. When the Bears faced teams that could pin their ears back and go after him, Rex was a deer in the headlights. No mystery to anyone in the league, or any knowledgeable football fan. A case of the management trying to save face after passing on guys like Jeff Garcia three times, not drafting, or at the very least, giving an undrafted kid from Eastern Illinois named Tony Romo a looksie, and keeping Griesie on the bench.

With respect to Romo, believe me, the Score (sports radio) was campaigning hard for him during the draft--they even called him to ask him what he thought about coming to Chicago as an undrafted FA. He would have been thrilled. We knew about Romo before anyone had ever heard of him. I'm not saying we knew knew he'd be as good as he is, but you can see how quick, tough, durable, tall, quick release, rocket launcher arm... I'm just saying, bring his azz into camp while we wait for Glassman to heal.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2007, 01:51:37 PM »
No doubt about it Rex started off as one of the best quarterbacks in the league last year, but everyone has the game tapes and study them for hours to find weaknesses they could exploit. Finally they got to him and he couldn't adjust, then he started to take some chances and got burned time and time again, then his confidence dropped. They should gave gave him a break, sat him down for awhile at the very least.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 01:52:18 PM by swish »

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2007, 04:01:01 PM »
No doubt about it Rex started off as one of the best quarterbacks in the league last year, but everyone has the game tapes and study them for hours to find weaknesses they could exploit. Finally they got to him and he couldn't adjust, then he started to take some chances and got burned time and time again, then his confidence dropped. They should gave gave him a break, sat him down for awhile at the very least.

I think the added knock on Grossman wasn't his performance in a game here or there. It was his unwillingness to learn and adjust. The center exchange is a good example. If you fumble one get out there and take snaps until your hand turns blue. Grossman seemingly made no attempts to fix the problem. I guess he just said it's a one time thing, won't happen again so no need to worry. He wasn't getting in early to study films of what he was doing, or making adjustments to fix problems. He made the same mistake over and over and over again.
That's what was most unforgiveable. His reaction to losing a game at the end of the year saying he was celebrating the New Year too much was unforgivable. He was/is his own worst enemy (as well as his team's worst enemy).

An ambition fulfilled

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2007, 04:10:13 PM »

I think the added knock on Grossman wasn't his performance in a game here or there. It was his unwillingness to learn and adjust. The center exchange is a good example. If you fumble one get out there and take snaps until your hand turns blue. Grossman seemingly made no attempts to fix the problem. I guess he just said it's a one time thing, won't happen again so no need to worry. He wasn't getting in early to study films of what he was doing, or making adjustments to fix problems. He made the same mistake over and over and over again.
That's what was most unforgiveable. His reaction to losing a game at the end of the year saying he was celebrating the New Year too much was unforgivable. He was/is his own worst enemy (as well as his team's worst enemy).

Don't get me started on the C-QB exchange. I really don't think people realize how many he dropped, and the SB wasn't the first time he fumbled two in one game. Bleh!!!!

dmast, you wouldn't believe some of the asinine sh1t he was saying during training camp. (paraphasing) "I was watching film of guys like Montana and Brady and (enter NFL QB here) watching them set their feet before they throw. I really learned a lot this offseason."

WHAT?!?! Idiotboy is trying to impress us that he's learned he needs to set his feet before he throws!?!!?!?! As you suggested, this clown is completely uncoachable (period)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2007, 04:42:45 PM »

Don't get me started on the C-QB exchange. I really don't think people realize how many he dropped, and the SB wasn't the first time he fumbled two in one game. Bleh!!!!

dmast, you wouldn't believe some of the asinine sh1t he was saying during training camp. (paraphasing) "I was watching film of guys like Montana and Brady and (enter NFL QB here) watching them set their feet before they throw. I really learned a lot this offseason."

WHAT?!?! Idiotboy is trying to impress us that he's learned he needs to set his feet before he throws!?!!?!?! As you suggested, this clown is completely uncoachable (period)

You'd think he'd have figure that out in high school, let alone all the critizim he's been getting for throwing off his back foot (from the pundits, Ron Jaworski, Steve Young, Troy Aikman etc... I guess theses guys don't know anything, not to mention his coaches, and it took films of Montana and Brady to convince him ..-)) these last couple years.
Of course it's nice that he sat in a film room and watched all those vids. Apparently he didn't actually go out and apply himself to changing his bad habits.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2007, 07:37:24 PM »
Anyone want to say Rookie of the Year - Peterson?!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2007, 07:48:49 PM »

So far everybody I've heard touts Peterson as the Rookie of the Year.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2007, 09:32:16 PM »

You'd think he'd have figure that out in high school, let alone all the critizim he's been getting for throwing off his back foot (from the pundits, Ron Jaworski, Steve Young, Troy Aikman etc... I guess theses guys don't know anything, not to mention his coaches, and it took films of Montana and Brady to convince him ..-)) these last couple years.
Of course it's nice that he sat in a film room and watched all those vids. Apparently he didn't actually go out and apply himself to changing his bad habits.

The trouble was he had too many bad habits and seemed to pick up more.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2007, 08:25:13 AM »

No, it's still hercules.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2007, 05:53:53 PM »

No, it's still hercules.

Well, Peterson - so far - is being contained by my Cowboys.  As I type this the score is 24-14 Dallas with about 10 minutes to go so I hope we can hang on (even though Peterson is from Texas and his family is in the stands).  Let's see if my Cowboys can hang on to this lead (plus I have 4-4 -- I don't want any more scoring, if possible!) :rofl_2:

Update:  The Cowboys won! 24-14 (and my 4-4 hit!!!) Whoo-hoo!!!! :applause: :dance 2: :yahoo:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 06:21:55 PM by Dallas »

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2007, 06:55:39 PM »

No, it's still hercules.

Well, Peterson - so far - is being contained by my Cowboys.  As I type this the score is 24-14 Dallas with about 10 minutes to go so I hope we can hang on (even though Peterson is from Texas and his family is in the stands).  Let's see if my Cowboys can hang on to this lead (plus I have 4-4 -- I don't want any more scoring, if possible!) :rofl_2:

Update:  The Cowboys won! 24-14 (and my 4-4 hit!!!) Whoo-hoo!!!! :applause: :dance 2: :yahoo:
Looks like Dallas id back on track!!
I'll have to say NE is awesome!!! With Randy Moss this year the defenses don't know what to do! Too many weapons.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2007, 07:06:20 PM »
Cincinnati got a big comeback win against NYJets!   :cool:    Any Cincy fans up in this piece? 

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2007, 07:42:12 PM »
Cincinnati got a big comeback win against NYJets!   :cool:    Any Cincy fans up in this piece? 

They won't tell you, cincy is 2-4!!   :(

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2007, 09:46:57 PM »
Cincinnati got a big comeback win against NYJets!   :cool:    Any Cincy fans up in this piece? 

The Bengals!  You mean they have fans!? ..-) :))

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2007, 11:53:37 PM »

The Bengals!  You mean they have fans!? ..-) :))

Yeah! The police love them so much they won't leave them alone. They are every jailbird's favorites. ;-()

An ambition fulfilled