Author Topic: NFL Thread  (Read 117802 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: NFL... anyone?
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2007, 12:08:17 AM »
This gambling will be there always, the only thing they can do is be vigilant. I didn't see the NE game but noticed the penalties in the box score.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2007, 12:23:19 AM »
Something else that strikes me as silly. NBC has their home commentators (not the in game comentators, but Costas and Co) in the studio with candles and the lights off. The are broadcasting "Green". "Green is Universal" scrolling on their digital scroll display, their big NBC Football Night in Amercia diplay lit, but the talking heads lit up only by candles. They proudly annouce that by not using the lights they are saving enough energy to light a house for a month!
 :-o
I have a better idea. Shut all the lights off, shut the mics off, send the talking heads home and just show the game and move on. How much energy would that save?

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2007, 12:46:06 AM »
Something else that strikes me as silly. NBC has their home commentators (not the in game comentators, but Costas and Co) in the studio with candles and the lights off. The are broadcasting "Green". "Green is Universal" scrolling on their digital scroll display, their big NBC Football Night in Amercia diplay lit, but the talking heads lit up only by candles. They proudly annouce that by not using the lights they are saving enough energy to light a house for a month!
 :-o
I have a better idea. Shut all the lights off, shut the mics off, send the talking heads home and just show the game and move on. How much energy would that save?

That's one of the silliest things for sure. They should trade in their SUV's for a Prius.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2007, 10:14:59 PM »
It seems the more people push the more Belichik pushes back. They want to complain about the Patriots running up the score...
Pats 35 Bills 7...

At the half.

Memo to the NFL; don't give these guys anything to play for. Don't talk smack, Don Shula, Mercury Morris, Don't complain about them running up the score Redskins.
Just let them play and maybe they will just win their 19 games and go away.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2007, 05:52:02 AM »
It seems the more people push the more Belichik pushes back. They want to complain about the Patriots running up the score...
Pats 35 Bills 7...

At the half.

Memo to the NFL; don't give these guys anything to play for. Don't talk smack, Don Shula, Mercury Morris, Don't complain about them running up the score Redskins.
Just let them play and maybe they will just win their 19 games and go away.

I think this may be the best team of all time NE. I know it's a big statement but wow, have they been on a roll. Indy did have a good chance to beat them however.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2007, 06:51:05 AM »
What was the final 56-10?   :rofl_2:    They are crazy good right now!   Lets see if anything can stop or even slow their offensive momentum!? 

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2007, 08:13:54 AM »
I keep thinking they can't be that good. I mean there has to be a let down, or a dud somewhere along the line.
Baltimore may be tough. Pittsburg will be tough. Most people here think either Pittsburg, or the Giants are the most likely candidates. By the time they get to the Giant game there could be nothing to play for for the Pats, but the Giants may be playing to get into the playoffs.

Maybe Indy was the let down. :dunno:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2007, 07:52:14 PM »
I keep thinking they can't be that good. I mean there has to be a let down, or a dud somewhere along the line.
Baltimore may be tough. Pittsburg will be tough. Most people here think either Pittsburg, or the Giants are the most likely candidates. By the time they get to the Giant game there could be nothing to play for for the Pats, but the Giants may be playing to get into the playoffs.

Maybe Indy was the let down. :dunno:

I was talking to a big football fan today, he said when Indy gets healthy to watch out. And the best of them can have a bad game. I'll just have to watch...

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #128 on: November 23, 2007, 12:46:19 PM »
Well my Dallas Cowboys are 10-1.  On next Thursday they will go against Green Bay who is also 10-1.  What is your prediction?

Since we're at  home... I'm going with my Cowboys to win 34-21.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #129 on: November 23, 2007, 12:52:07 PM »
Well my Dallas Cowboys are 10-1.  On next Thursday they will go against Green Bay who is also 10-1.  What is your prediction?

Since we're at  home... I'm going with my Cowboys to win 34-21.

How bad did Dallas beat NYJ yesterday? 

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2007, 11:42:51 AM »

34-3!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2007, 03:04:29 PM »

34-3!!!

I think I know who scored that 3....................an ex-OSU field goal kicker Mike Nugent!   :cool:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2007, 11:55:14 AM »
So, NE got a little scare last night against Philly and had to come from behind late in the 4th quarter.  :-o   I turned on the tellie when NE was on their game winning drive and watched the rest of it.

And, in other news, Cincy and the Browns both won!   :cool:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 11:56:03 AM by OSU Buckeye »

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2007, 10:16:26 PM »
Anyone watching this absolutely insane MNF game?  Pittsburgh and Miami are playing in the Burgh and it has been raining forever.  The game is late in the 4th quarter and there has been no score.  They placed new sod on top of the old sod like less than a week ago and with all the rain it literally is like they are playing on a beach.  Just watching them walk on this stuff is hilarious........they have to pick their feet up out of this stuff just like in the sand.  The game was delayed 1/2 hour or so to try and avoid some dangerous weather........lightning and rain.  Un-be-liev-able.  1943 was the last time an NFL game has gone this long into the 4th quarter without any score!!!  :-o 

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2007, 10:35:29 PM »
I've been at work. So I guess I'm not missing much.  ..-)

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2007, 10:51:12 PM »
All I can say is "How 'bout my Cowboys!!!!" :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2007, 10:58:36 AM »
All I can say is "How 'bout my Cowboys!!!!" :applause: :applause: :applause:

Whatever!?  Let me know how your Cowboys are going to beat NE............if they even make it that far? 

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2007, 03:45:48 PM »
If the Colts can get all their players back and playing well then I think they may be the only challenges to Tom Brady and the Pats. Peyton needs his main receivers there and then he will come into his own again. Although the loss of Dwight Freeney maybe for the whole season is a devastating loss and one that could be a killer blow for the Colts.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2007, 04:42:27 PM »
If the Colts can get all their players back and playing well then I think they may be the only challenges to Tom Brady and the Pats. Peyton needs his main receivers there and then he will come into his own again. Although the loss of Dwight Freeney maybe for the whole season is a devastating loss and one that could be a killer blow for the Colts.

Yes, when they lost to NE they where not at full strength then and still almost won.

If everyone comes back they may be close to NE.

If they meet in the playoffs, that will be the superbowl!!!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2007, 06:05:03 PM »

Yes, when they lost to NE they where not at full strength then and still almost won.

If everyone comes back they may be close to NE.

If they meet in the playoffs, that will be the superbowl!!!

Plus thanks to the Eagles they have the "Blueprint"!  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

An ambition fulfilled