Author Topic: Favorite shirt design  (Read 4787 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Favorite shirt design
« on: October 24, 2007, 06:50:55 PM »
I'll admit it. I've always liked tennis fashion. I didn't think much of it until recently though. I still prefer polos over tee shirts. But I love the dryfit fabrics. And the colors they've got out there are incredible.
Right now I think Addias has the edge on design. Maybe Nike is second and Lotto.
Just curious what brands are the overall favorites.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: Favorite shirt design
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 08:27:52 PM »
I have never tried the dry-fit, I just have a closet full of these gray cotton shirts.  I have been wearing them for tennis since 1993.  My mom keeps getting me more for Christmas each year, I really like them.  I know they look like crap, but they don;t bother me on the court when I wear them, that is the key for me.  I have a feeling I would fall in love with the dry-fit if I ever tried them.
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 08:43:27 PM »
Once I tried a dryfit shirt there was no going back. I get them a size or two too big, and they feel light and airy.  I don't feel clammy or sweaty, and I don't feel the shirt at all.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 08:52:38 PM »
Same story as Scott.. I have a ton of normal cotton teeshirts (and once you are in college you basically keep getting free shirts all over the place and they are all the same cotton tee shirts) so I don't buy any tennis shirts/shorts. I need to actually go buy some sweatpants or something like that to play tennis in over the winter. From what I can see Addidas is pretty cool but it comes second to Reebok, I like Reebok for some reason. Even thier shoes I like although they come second to New Balance.  Nike clothing is way too expensive.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 08:57:45 PM »
Same story as Scott.. I have a ton of normal cotton teeshirts (and once you are in college you basically keep getting free shirts all over the place and they are all the same cotton tee shirts) so I don't buy any tennis shirts/shorts. I need to actually go buy some sweatpants or something like that to play tennis in over the winter. From what I can see Addidas is pretty cool but it comes second to Reebok, I like Reebok for some reason. Even thier shoes I like although they come second to New Balance.  Nike clothing is way too expensive.

Well, Boston is home for New Balance. We have a factory outlet very close by, and the wife of one of the guys that works here works there. A bunch of us use him for all our shoe purchases at about a 60% discount.
I like some Reebok but of the new designs I like Addidas. Buy taste is always subjective.
I have always had a preference for Le Coq Sportif, which Ashe and Noah used to wear, but they got out of tennis for a while. They had a line available at TW, but I wasn't into buying clothes then and I didn't bite, and now there is nothing. Wish I had gotten a shirt while they had 'em.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 09:51:16 PM »
Addidas has always been my favorite.  I had an Addidas shirt when I was younger that I loved!  Once I used dri-fit about 2 years or so ago, I have been using them ever since!  Of course, I sweat alot so they are actually pretty useful for me! 

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 09:58:42 PM »
Addidas has always been my favorite.  I had an Addidas shirt when I was younger that I loved!  Once I used dri-fit about 2 years or so ago, I have been using them ever since!  Of course, I sweat alot so they are actually pretty useful for me! 

You have the newer style collerless ones though. Do you prefer them, or do you not care?

An ambition fulfilled

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 10:00:41 PM »
I don't really like playing in a shirt with a collar on it............it bothers me too much! 

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 04:16:02 AM »
I like New Balance T-shirts, no collar, just thin, loose fabric with simple designs.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 10:31:17 AM »
I'll admit it. I've always liked tennis fashion. I didn't think much of it until I saw the Monster Truck.  He is the epitomy of style and grace.  I still prefer polos over tee shirts. But I love the dryfit fabrics. And the colors they've got out there are incredible.  Monster Truck's blaze orange top combined with black cargo shorts is equally at home on the court or in the woods during hunting season.Right now I think Addias has the edge on design. Maybe Nike is second and Lotto.

Thanks for the compliments DMast!  Looking forward to your return to the boondocks on Sunday, perhaps you will redeem yourself! ;-()
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:08:48 AM by monstertruck »
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 10:32:30 AM »
I'll admit it. I've always liked tennis fashion. I didn't think much of it until recently though. I still prefer polos over tee shirts. But I love the dryfit fabrics. And the colors they've got out there are incredible.
Right now I think Addias has the edge on design. Maybe Nike is second and Lotto.
Bass Pro shops and Cabela's!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 11:58:03 PM »
I'll admit it. I've always liked tennis fashion. I didn't think much of it until I saw the Monster Truck.  He is the epitomy of style and grace.  I still prefer polos over tee shirts. But I love the dryfit fabrics. And the colors they've got out there are incredible.  Monster Truck's blaze orange top combined with black cargo shorts is equally at home on the court or in the woods during hunting season.Right now I think Addias has the edge on design. Maybe Nike is second and Lotto.

Thanks for the compliments DMast!  Looking forward to your return to the boondocks on Sunday, perhaps you will redeem yourself! ;-()
Is this why you're bringing a camera next time you visit the BoonDocks?
CONK da ball!!!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 12:02:02 AM »

You will have to justify your editing skills.  :(

An ambition fulfilled

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 05:16:32 AM »

If I make the journey to Cinncy next year, we're gonna need to get you an orange shirt and some black shorts! ;-() :rofl_2:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2007, 07:30:53 AM »

If I make the journey to Cinncy next year, we're gonna need to get you an orange shirt and some black shorts! ;-() :rofl_2:

Sounds like a great idea!  But, don't go thinking that the orange and black will get the job done...............like Scott said, you better bring Fed with you!   :rofl_2: :)~

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 05:17:33 AM »

Sounds like a great idea!  But, don't go thinking that the orange and black will get the job done...............like Scott said, you better bring Fed with you!   :rofl_2: :)~
Even better....DMast is now playing with the awesome K Fed racquet!!!  woooohooo!
You boys are toast! 
I can't wait to see the look of dismay on your faces, as you drag your broken, beaten, bodies from court.  You shall look at each other and mumble something about "how did those 2 clowns beat US?"  & "We're tennis players and we lost to a 300lb hillbilly and tennis tech nerd, oh the shame!"
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 08:20:16 AM »

Even better....DMast is now playing with the awesome K Fed racquet!!!  woooohooo!
You boys are toast! 
I can't wait to see the look of dismay on your faces, as you drag your broken, beaten, bodies from court.  You shall look at each other and mumble something about "how did those 2 clowns beat US?"  & "We're tennis players and we lost to a 300lb hillbilly and tennis tech nerd, oh the shame!"

You are correct there...........it would be beyond shameful!   :)~     Fortunately "Wheels and Hands" won't have to worry about that because it is near impossible.   ;-()     

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2007, 12:20:42 PM »
Dri-fits are the best ever, couldnt live without them. Defintly try them. My nicest design is from head themselves, they did a small line and i really like my set and it feels great while playing, best buy ever!! Addidas and head just rock, i dont like nike at all i mean they got good stuff but their dri-fits arent that comfortable and nice fitting. Almost everyone got addidas here, nike sucks in dri-fits. So my tip: Try out addidas and head drifits, youll never go without them again!
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline Double Fault

• Tennis Player
  • Tennis n00b
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2008, 05:26:59 AM »
I love the polo dry fit shirts.  I have one plain navy blue one from Nike and one white/navy blue one from New Balance.
Babolat Aero Strike Cortex ● Babolat Ballistic @ 49 lbs Babolat Attraction @ 47 lbs
Babolat Aero Strike Cortex ● Babolat Attraction Power 17 @ 53 / 50 lbs

Offline lspjacky

• New Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 05:56:51 PM »
this is kind of weird but do any of you know where i could actually design a tennis outfit for myself or where to buy dryfit fabric?