Author Topic: NEW MEMBER... FEDERER'S_FOOTWORK  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Federer's_footwork

• Tennis Addict
NEW MEMBER... FEDERER'S_FOOTWORK
« on: October 26, 2007, 05:41:19 PM »
Thought I ought to introduce myself.

Don't know how I came across the Forum bet this is the only tennis forum I dip into. I play at my local club... in golf terms my handicap (I'm told) in tennis terms is about 12. I live in the Birmingham in the UK and am 38.

Used to play in the summer and about three years ago decided I wanted to play more than once a week and in the winter too. Joined the local club and also started to see what the fuss about Federer was all about. Combination of these factors led me to cut down on my golf (actual handicap 7) to play and watch more tennis.

I've seen Fed at the US Open, Wimbledon (finals at both). You can't beat the atmosphere of a Grand Slam so I've put Paris and Melbourne on the to-do list.

That's it reallly!

Thanks for having me... Greg
Seriously... those man bags of Federer's have GOT TO GO!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Re: NEW MEMBER... FEDERER'S_FOOTWORK
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 05:58:34 PM »
Welcome to the forums!!!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline barbadosan

• Tennis God
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 08:33:59 PM »
Hi... Welcome.

I can't resist asking: Is your footwork half as good as Fed's?  :)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 12:43:44 AM »
Welcome Fed's_footwork!    Your story of getting into year-round tennis sounds quite similar to mine.................except I did it about 5 years ago!   :)

The fuss about Fed is that he is cah money! 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 12:44:54 AM by OSU Buckeye »

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 11:25:11 AM »

Don't know how I came across the Forum bet this is the only tennis forum I dip into. I play at my local club... in golf terms my handicap (I'm told) in tennis terms is about 12. I live in the Birmingham in the UK and am 38.

Used to play in the summer and about three years ago decided I wanted to play more than once a week and in the winter too. Joined the local club and also started to see what the fuss about Federer was all about. Combination of these factors led me to cut down on my golf (actual handicap 7) to play and watch more tennis.

I've seen Fed at the US Open, Wimbledon (finals at both). You can't beat the atmosphere of a Grand Slam so I've put Paris and Melbourne on the to-do list.

That's it reallly!

Welcome to the forums!  Be sure and check out the video section lots of good stuff there.  Don't forget to start a journal to keep us up to date on your tennis exploits, whether it's playing or viewing!
CONK da ball!!!

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 07:11:32 PM »
Hi... Welcome.

The honest answer to this question is... NO!

I'm convinced though, tennis is all about getting the body in the right place at the right time and it's the feet that get you there.

I was amazed just how much difference there is seeing Federer play in the flesh... you think it's an exaggeration when the commentators say he's like a ballet dancer but it's true... his movement is fluid.

That first set against Hewitt in '04 USO Final... priceless!

Thanks all!

Greg

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 07:14:19 PM »

That's it reallly!

Welcome to the forums!  Be sure and check out the video section lots of good stuff there.  Don't forget to start a journal to keep us up to date on your tennis exploits, whether it's playing or viewing!

I wish tennis was like golf in so far as there is a handicap and you can say "I'm off x" and talk about whether you are going up or down (and why).

Alas my tennis is more recreational. At my club if you aren't one of the hot juniors then there's not really a lot to play for... I don't blame them for this but all the same I'd love to see more competition... even at my level.

With regards to the video section... trust me... I'm making full use of that!

Online dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 10:10:46 PM »
Hi... Welcome.

The honest answer to this question is... NO!

I'm convinced though, tennis is all about getting the body in the right place at the right time and it's the feet that get you there.

I was amazed just how much difference there is seeing Federer play in the flesh... you think it's an exaggeration when the commentators say he's like a ballet dancer but it's true... his movement is fluid.

That first set against Hewitt in '04 USO Final... priceless!

Thanks all!

Greg

I've only seen him warm up live. That was at the Cincy Masters this year. I've never seen him live in a match. But, yes, it's even more impressive the way he strikes the ball in warm ups in the stands.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 09:04:51 AM »

That's it reallly!

OK... NOW I can give you my 'official' welcome! :welcome2: And I hope you stick around to post for many years to come!  Whenever you attend the events in person, your assignment is to keep all of us informed on your daily news and views from the touraments - so put that down on your 'to-do' list as well.  We will be expecting a daily report from you! :big boss:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 07:55:29 AM »

That's it reallly!

I wish tennis was like golf in so far as there is a handicap and you can say "I'm off x" and talk about whether you are going up or down (and why).

Alas my tennis is more recreational. At my club if you aren't one of the hot juniors then there's not really a lot to play for... I don't blame them for this but all the same I'd love to see more competition... even at my level.

Do you know about USTA leagues?   You get a rating based on your level of play and then you compete against others that are your same level.  You have to find a team to play on though.   Some people may not like the set-up but it works for me very well since I love the team aspect of it!   :)     I can give you more info. if you like. 

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 08:56:16 AM »

That's it reallly!

Do you know about USTA leagues?   You get a rating based on your level of play and then you compete against others that are your same level.  You have to find a team to play on though.   Some people may not like the set-up but it works for me very well since I love the team aspect of it!   :)     I can give you more info. if you like. 
That almost sounds like a plug for the USTA!  :rofl_2: ;-()
CONK da ball!!!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 10:30:34 AM »

That's it reallly!

That almost sounds like a plug for the USTA!  :rofl_2: ;-()

I know and it kind of disgusts me when I do that but I do like the leagues and it seemed like good advice here!     I think the USTA should pay me some!   :))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 10:31:09 AM by OSU Buckeye »

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 01:31:55 PM »
Well I'm from the UK so the USTA league thing just ain't gonna do it!!!

Thanks for the welcome all the same....

Greg

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 01:54:29 PM »
Well I'm from the UK so the USTA league thing just ain't gonna do it!!!

Thanks for the welcome all the same....

Greg

Whoops, sorry!   :(     My advice would have been good for an American!?   :(     Good luck anyway!   :)

Offline LobNews

• Tennis Player
    • LobNews.com
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 02:00:34 AM »
welcome to the forum greg!
Advertise your tennis website FREE at www.LobNews.com . Tennis articles, news, links, and more!