Author Topic: NBA TIME!!!  (Read 64634 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: NBA TIME!!!
« Reply #200 on: April 29, 2008, 12:25:59 AM »
The Lakers have just this minute clinched a 4-0 Series whitewash over the Denver Nuggets to progress to the next stage, while earlier the Orlando Magic clinched their series 4-1 over the Toronto Raptors. Then in the other match today Atlanta beat Boston to tie the series up at 2-2.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 12:39:30 AM by ChrisTaylor1987 »
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #201 on: April 29, 2008, 12:31:22 AM »
The Lakers have just this minute clinched a 4-0 Series whitewash over the Denver Nuggets to progress to the next stage, while earlier the Orlando Magic clinched their series 4-1 over the Toronto Raptors. Then in the other match today Boston beat Atlanta to tie the series up at 2-2.

Atlanta beat Boston to tie the series up. That's a bit of a surprise. ;-()

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2008, 12:38:53 AM »
The Lakers have just this minute clinched a 4-0 Series whitewash over the Denver Nuggets to progress to the next stage, while earlier the Orlando Magic clinched their series 4-1 over the Toronto Raptors. Then in the other match today Boston beat Atlanta to tie the series up at 2-2.

Atlanta beat Boston to tie the series up. That's a bit of a surprise. ;-()

Stupid website told me it was the other way arund, and just refreshed it and now it tells me it was an Atlanta win afterall  :Confused: Really is a surprise given Bostons number 1 seeding and the view by many that they'll be the Estern Conference winners.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #203 on: April 29, 2008, 04:22:58 AM »
Boston was supposed to win easily, it was the most lopsided matchup.  :confused1:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2008, 11:26:38 AM »
Boston was supposed to win easily, it was the most lopsided matchup.  :confused1:

I thought so too. Especially after, in one of the last games of the season the Celtics beat a Hawks team that was trying to improve it's playoff position, and the Celtics hand nothing to play for. The Celtics played most of the backups most of the game, and still beat them. They handled the Hawks fairly easily all season long.
Of course now is the time for all the Doc Rivers haters to start rearing their heads. Doc must go! Doc must go!  ..-)

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #205 on: April 30, 2008, 10:10:31 PM »
Bye, bye Avery :(  I'm going to miss Avery! :( :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:12:59 PM by Dallas »

Offline retro

• Tennis God
« Reply #206 on: April 30, 2008, 10:13:02 PM »
Bye, bye Avery :( :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:  I'm going to miss Avery! :(
The coach was the least of their problems, but its easier to fire a coach than to replace a team.
I lost the will to live mid way through the first set!
 ~*Supernova*~   from wtaworld.com

Victoria Azarenka d. Kaia Kanepi 7-6(5) 6-3
May 7, 2009

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #207 on: April 30, 2008, 10:25:01 PM »
Bye, bye Avery :(  I'm going to miss Avery! :( :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye: :Sad-Bye:

Did he get the boot, or are you saying he will get the boot?
I like the guy alot. He has always been great to listen to, even when he was the Warriers point guard way back when.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2008, 01:22:53 AM »
great move, Mavs needed a real coach!!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2008, 11:49:46 PM »

I like the guy alot. He has always been great to listen to, even when he was the Warriers point guard way back when.

He got fired! :(  And Conchita.... Avery did fantastic for the Mavs.  I don't know if you remember when we were struggling to win 9 games A YEAR!  I have nothing but praise to say for Avery and I hope he gets another job soon somewhere in basketball. :)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2008, 12:12:19 AM »

He got fired! :(  And Conchita.... Avery did fantastic for the Mavs.  I don't know if you remember when we were struggling to win 9 games A YEAR!  I have nothing but praise to say for Avery and I hope he gets another job soon somewhere in basketball. :)

As much as I like Avery Johnson, I'd suggest that much of the credit has to go to Don Nelson. He's the one that put Dallas back on the NBA map, and then handed the reins over to Johnson.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline retro

• Tennis God
« Reply #211 on: May 02, 2008, 03:33:36 PM »
True dmastous! But history will say Avery is the one who took the same team Nelson coach the year prior to the NBA championship. Back to my orginal point, Dallas lacks heart--ask the Miami Heat--something a coach can't teach players. They got smacked in the mouth 3 straight years w/o out retailating.

On to more important issues. The Sixers were eliminated  :( After leading the Pistons by 10 at half time in game 4, I believe the Pistons outscored sixer 255-190.
I lost the will to live mid way through the first set!
 ~*Supernova*~   from wtaworld.com

Victoria Azarenka d. Kaia Kanepi 7-6(5) 6-3
May 7, 2009

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2008, 11:00:47 PM »
Celtics are making their playoff lives pretty difficult. After pretty much handling the Hawks over the course of the season, they are now faced with a game 7 in Boston to try and wrap up the series.  :)~

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #213 on: May 03, 2008, 01:27:46 AM »
Celtics are making their playoff lives pretty difficult. After pretty much handling the Hawks over the course of the season, they are now faced with a game 7 in Boston to try and wrap up the series.  :)~

Too right Dmas- just seen that the Hawks won a 3 point ball game 103-100! What a series this has been, especially when its the 1st and 8th seeds meeting! Boston should scrape through this tough series at home.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #214 on: May 03, 2008, 02:07:21 AM »

Too right Dmas- just seen that the Hawks won a 3 point ball game 103-100! What a series this has been, especially when its the 1st and 8th seeds meeting! Boston should scrape through this tough series at home.

They've already annoited the Celtics NBA champs here. It won't be as dissapointing as the Pats Super Bowl loss, as there are some teams that can challenge them (Detroit in the east, LA and San Antone in the West according the pundits), but the talk is they are going to the finals, and probably winning. Anything less will be a failure.

:dunno:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2008, 02:14:00 AM »

They've already annoited the Celtics NBA champs here. It won't be as dissapointing as the Pats Super Bowl loss, as there are some teams that can challenge them (Detroit in the east, LA and San Antone in the West according the pundits), but the talk is they are going to the finals, and probably winning. Anything less will be a failure.

Thats a lot of pressure indeed on the players and the team then- if thats the view in Boston! There's some really tough teams that they're going to have to come through to become NBA Champions, but the real Champion teams are used to and can deal with that huge pressure- so thats going to be a huge test of them! I'd be thinking that either LA or the Spurs will very much fancy there chances of beating the Celtics in the Final, I'd personally back either of those over Boston right now. Thanks for the insight Dmas, as its more difficult to pick up on everything over here with regards to the NBA.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2008, 02:25:24 AM »

Thats a lot of pressure indeed on the players and the team then- if thats the view in Boston! There's some really tough teams that they're going to have to come through to become NBA Champions, but the real Champion teams are used to and can deal with that huge pressure- so thats going to be a huge test of them! I'd be thinking that either LA or the Spurs will very much fancy there chances of beating the Celtics in the Final, I'd personally back either of those over Boston right now. Thanks for the insight Dmas, as its more difficult to pick up on everything over here with regards to the NBA.

Me too. Been a Laker fan (in hiding here) since the West/Chamberlain days.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2008, 02:49:19 AM »

So you must have been living in California then when you started supporting the Lakers? Did you get to many of the games? and now do you like Boston at all with living in that part of America now?

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2008, 03:02:17 AM »

So you must have been living in California then when you started supporting the Lakers? Did you get to many of the games? and now do you like Boston at all with living in that part of America now?

Nope. I was pretty young back in the '70s, but alwasy enjoyed listening to Chick Hern do the games. I remember the names, but not the faces. I've got a couple games from that era on video now, so now I can put faces to names. I watched a lot of the Magic led Lakers though. Worthy was my favorite, and I hated the Celtics. That was the rule for Laker fans. Love the Lakers, hate the Celtics. I never was able to get a ticket to see the Lakers, only a few Dodger games. They were $3 a ticket.
I respect what the Celtics are doing. I like Ainge (though I hated him in the '80s) and his methods. He's a sharp cookie. But I still can't pull for them.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2008, 03:09:56 AM »

Nope. I was pretty young back in the '70s, but alwasy enjoyed listening to Chick Hern do the games. I remember the names, but not the faces. I've got a couple games from that era on video now, so now I can put faces to names. I watched a lot of the Magic led Lakers though. Worthy was my favorite, and I hated the Celtics. That was the rule for Laker fans. Love the Lakers, hate the Celtics. I never was able to get a ticket to see the Lakers, only a few Dodger games. They were $3 a ticket.
I respect what the Celtics are doing. I like Ainge (though I hated him in the '80s) and his methods. He's a sharp cookie. But I still can't pull for them.

Shame you didn't get to any of their games but great memories for sure. Some really good years and players played for LA during that period of time. There really does seem a huge rivalry between the Lakers and the Celtics, so it for sure i can see why it would impossible to pull for them now after them being the team you would have hated most living in California. What a great final it would be this year them and you might just be the only person in Boston cheering for the Lakers  :))