Author Topic: NBA TIME!!!  (Read 66208 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
NBA TIME!!!
« on: October 26, 2007, 11:09:12 PM »
The season starts Oct. 30. The first power rankings are out!! I didn't want to cut/paste so here's the link. 

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/

It usually takes me a month or so to get into the season and have any idea who's doing what.  :thumbs up:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: NBA TIME!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 12:10:23 AM »
The NBA just doesn't do anything for me anymore. I was a huge Laker fan thru the 80's. I was a Golden State Warrier fan thru the 90's. But after the whole Chris Webber thing there, followed by the Latrell Sprewell thing, I got tired of the sport. It was no longer interesting anymore.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 02:25:22 AM »
Here'a a link to the preseason standings, though it doesn't carry alot of weight.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/standings

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 02:40:33 AM »
The NBA just doesn't do anything for me anymore. I was a huge Laker fan thru the 80's. I was a Golden State Warrier fan thru the 90's. But after the whole Chris Webber thing there, followed by the Latrell Sprewell thing, I got tired of the sport. It was no longer interesting anymore.

I'm not into it like I was in the Jordan years. Football seems to be the worst as far as problems with the players but I just look at who I like. That was a bad time for the NBA with Webber and Sprewell, the whole thing at Indiana with the players going into the stands. I still like the sport, these athletes are the best as far as endurance and power, amazing athletes.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 10:49:25 AM »

I'm not into it like I was in the Jordan years. Football seems to be the worst as far as problems with the players but I just look at who I like. That was a bad time for the NBA with Webber and Sprewell, the whole thing at Indiana with the players going into the stands. I still like the sport, these athletes are the best as far as endurance and power, amazing athletes.

Yeah, the NBA is definitely not perfect in many ways but there are still some amazing plays by amazing athletes going on.  Decent entertainment at least! 

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 08:22:02 AM »
Are you following this Kobe Bryant thing? Is it even a contest?
Kobe wants to be traded, but he wants to finish his career as a Laker. :confused1:
He wants to be traded to a team that has a chance to win, but any team that trades for him is going to have to give up the players that give them a chance to win. Kobe doesn't want that, and the teams don't want that.
So names are being being bandied about teams are getting involved, and players who would normally not be worried about being traded are wondering just what's in their future. All because Kobe Bryant doens't know whether he wants to finish his career with the Lakers, but can't live with the idea of making millions of dollars playing with the Lakers.
 ..-) :whistling: :rofl_2:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 08:25:24 AM »
I am about sick and tired of hearing about Kobe Bryant and Britney Spears!   :mad1:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 09:14:25 AM »
I am about sick and tired of hearing about Kobe Bryant and Britney Spears!   :mad1:

They're rich enough, they should get together, go buy an island and disappear for a long time. ://

An ambition fulfilled

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 09:19:27 AM »

They're rich enough, they should get together, go buy an island and disappear for a long time. ://

Not good enough............the American media will still report the islands goings on!?   :mad1:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 09:32:49 AM »

Not good enough............the American media will still report the islands goings on!?   :mad1:

Even better. They can camp out on the island and broadcast to Koby and Britney their goings on 24/7 (but only to the island). Everyone will be happy.  :)~

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 10:23:19 PM »
I am about sick and tired of hearing about Kobe Bryant and Britney Spears!   :mad1:

The media keeps hyping them, what a bore!! I like the island idea, put them in a space capsule for a few years with Yuri or someone.

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 09:42:06 PM »
wth happened to miami? 29th? (they're my team)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 09:49:22 PM »

Don't worry, the season is young and they have Shaq and Dwayne, they usually don't do much early in the season.  :\

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 09:50:14 PM »

Don't worry, the season is young and they have Shaq and Dwayne, they usually don't do much early in the season.  :\

They have HalfShack.  :whistle:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 10:18:52 PM »
they're going to need a new center; it seems to me that every year shaq gets a step slower and jumps and an inch lower. w/ a new center, d wade and their three pt. shooting contingent would do some damage.  i'm angry that they apparently traded kapono (saw him playing for i think the raptors)... i havent' been following trades/ drafts i usually really start watching in the playoffs but keep an eye out during the season for trends and stuff

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 10:28:54 PM »
they're going to need a new center; it seems to me that every year shaq gets a step slower and jumps and an inch lower. w/ a new center, d wade and their three pt. shooting contingent would do some damage.  i'm angry that they apparently traded kapono (saw him playing for i think the raptors)... i havent' been following trades/ drafts i usually really start watching in the playoffs but keep an eye out during the season for trends and stuff

I do the same thing, wait for the season to get going and start really watching after the half-way point. Shaq has been slowing down for years but with rest he can still do a pretty good job, he's just so big! My favorite center was "the dream" olajuwan and he could jump with anyone.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 10:34:18 PM »

Boston has a 20-2 record going into this season.
I don't think anyone expected this, we have a long way to go.
San Antonio will probably take it all again.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 07:00:56 AM »

that's the final Celtics vs Spurs

LeBron James became the youngest player in NBA history to score 9,000 career points in helping the Cleveland Cavaliers edge the Milwaukee Bucks 104-99 in double overtime.
The 22-year-old registered 31 points to boost his career total to 9,028, passing the milestone a year-and-a-half younger than Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 03:43:24 PM »

LeBron James became the youngest player in NBA history to score 9,000 career points in helping the Cleveland Cavaliers edge the Milwaukee Bucks 104-99 in double overtime.
The 22-year-old registered 31 points to boost his career total to 9,028, passing the milestone a year-and-a-half younger than Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers

That's one impression feat that LeBron James has come up with, to be a year and a half quicker than Kobe is something else and if he carries on at that rate he'll challenge the Michael Jordan mark you'd feel.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2007, 07:56:02 PM »

That's one impression feat that LeBron James has come up with, to be a year and a half quicker than Kobe is something else and if he carries on at that rate he'll challenge the Michael Jordan mark you'd feel.

I think Jabbar is leading in career points with something like 38,000. Lebron has a chance since he started so early.