Author Topic: NBA TIME!!!  (Read 65593 times)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
Re: NBA TIME!!!
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2008, 09:11:02 PM »
LAKERS!!!  :))
BRYANT & GASOL & FISHER & JACKSON
I LOVE IT!!!!! :))

barf  :sick:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2008, 09:33:00 PM »

it's funny Babblelot I always dislike Lakers!!! but that is big news in Spain, just imagine, Gasol in 14 times NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers!!!
I am fan of everything NJ (esp. Devils and Also Nets)!!!! :)
I am part of Celtics Nation, my fav. franchise in NBA, can tell you all retired numbers, 16 NBA Championships!!! :cool:

A FINAL BETWEEN CELTICS AND LAKERS in 08!!!  ://

just imagine for a second!!! ;-()

(Pistons, Magic, Cavs, Suns, Mavs, Hornets, Jazz and Spurs are also strong contenders to reach NBA finals)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2008, 10:02:54 PM »

it's funny Babblelot I always dislike Lakers!!! but that is big news in Spain, just imagine, Gasol in 14 times NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers!!!
I am fan of everything NJ (esp. Devils and Also Nets)!!!! :)
I am part of Celtics Nation, my fav. franchise in NBA, can tell you all retired numbers, 16 NBA Championships!!! :cool:

A FINAL BETWEEN CELTICS AND LAKERS in 08!!!  ://

just imagine for a second!!! ;-()

(Pistons, Magic, Cavs, Suns, Mavs, Hornets, Jazz and Spurs are also strong contenders to reach NBA finals)

Magic, Cavs, Suns, Mavs, Hornets, Jazz combine for 0 NBA championships.

Al Attels, Rick Barry, Keith "Silk" Wilkes, Clifford Ray, Phil Smith of the Warriors have 1 improbable, historic NBA title.

Kick it old school with Bill King and the 1974-75 Warriors  Good times  :)

Get out of my face with "your" Lakers. I'm sure, you've been a Laker fan for a week    ..-)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 10:15:44 PM by Babblelot »
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2008, 10:12:25 PM »
Magic, Cavs, Suns, Mavs, Hornets, Jazz combine for 0 NBA championships.

Al Attels, Rick Barry, Keith "Silk" Wilkes, Clifford Ray, Phil Smith of the Warriors have 1 improbable, historic NBA title.

Sit and hear the truth from Bill King.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k74Ge28V2KQ

Get out of my face with "your" Lakers. I'm sure, you've been a Laker fan for a week    ..-)

I like a lot Warriors, old pacific divison was the best in history!!! they did a memrable playoff last year vs mavs and mvp nowitzki!!!

great memories!!! I think Nelson is a future HOF sure!!! (big Celtics player, 5 times champion (66-76), number 19 jersey retired in 78, legendary coach in top 10 in NBA histoy, start of the season, record is 1,232-920)

I always rooted for Nets and Celtics, you're right my Lakers experience just started this week!!  :)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2008, 09:05:32 AM »
Chris Webber a Warrior again... I can't bere to watch this train wreck  :crying:

0-1, lost at home to the freakin' horriBULLS!!!!

1-1, squeak past the Cowbells at home. Webber +14 min of someone elses time, 5 boards, 2 pts

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2008, 09:34:02 AM »
Any thoughts on Shaq-marion &banks trade? i think its a good move for the heat even though i'm sad to see shaq go. They really do still need a center but i think they'll be getting a pretty good pick in next year's draft so i guess they should get a good center (i dont watch college hoops so idk about any upcoming centers). i dont know about banks as point either- he's more of a shooter and they need someone to distribute the ball to wade and marion and the way i see it the heat'll probably let go of jwill i think next year. of course jason kidd wants a trade but idk if they can afford him. ur thoughts on miami?

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2008, 10:00:47 AM »
Any thoughts on Shaq-marion &banks trade? i think its a good move for the heat even though i'm sad to see shaq go. They really do still need a center but i think they'll be getting a pretty good pick in next year's draft so i guess they should get a good center (i dont watch college hoops so idk about any upcoming centers). i dont know about banks as point either- he's more of a shooter and they need someone to distribute the ball to wade and marion and the way i see it the heat'll probably let go of jwill i think next year. of course jason kidd wants a trade but idk if they can afford him. ur thoughts on miami?

My thoughts are on Phoenix. I just (literally) discussed Webber and Shaq with my buddy in Phoenix. He said he was in shock :yikes: :swoon: when he first heard the trade. Now, he's okay with it. He concedes that the Suns will lose more games, but he says the Suns lack a locker room prescence, and Shaq will keep the guys loose. His size and experience will pay dividends in the post-season.

The Heat have nowhere to go but up.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2008, 10:43:58 AM »
The trade surprised me too. Miami has to rebuild and has more money for that now.
We'll see how the Suns do.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2008, 05:11:04 PM »

Kidd traded to Dallas in latest blockbuster deal

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2008, 05:59:51 PM »

when was this? The last I heard was that Mark cuban didn't want him

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2008, 06:14:27 PM »

hmm... apparently its true - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9398-NBA-New_Jersey_Nets-Dallas_Mavericks-Golden_State_Warriors-Jason_Kidd_Traded_to_Dallas_The_West_Just_Got_Wilder-130208 This trade is pretty enteresting
Dallas gets Jason Kidd and Malik Allen

New Jersey gets Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, Diop, Maurice Ager, and Devean George. Plus two number one picks, and Marc Cuban writes a check to the Nets for $3,000,000.

I guess this is worsefor dalls- they lose an up-and-coming point guard in devin harris (he's a bit reckless but still pretty good). Also they lose their main defensive big man in Diop and the an older jerry stackhouse. the nets actually have a brighter future- devin harris can score pretty well and he'll develop in the league. Some three point shooting is also a plus.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2008, 07:34:27 PM »

hmm... apparently its true - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9398-NBA-New_Jersey_Nets-Dallas_Mavericks-Golden_State_Warriors-Jason_Kidd_Traded_to_Dallas_The_West_Just_Got_Wilder-130208 This trade is pretty enteresting

New Jersey gets Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, Diop, Maurice Ager, and Devean George. Plus two number one picks, and Marc Cuban writes a check to the Nets for $3,000,000.

I guess this is worsefor dalls- they lose an up-and-coming point guard in devin harris (he's a bit reckless but still pretty good). Also they lose their main defensive big man in Diop and the an older jerry stackhouse. the nets actually have a brighter future- devin harris can score pretty well and he'll develop in the league. Some three point shooting is also a plus.

BAD TRADE!!!!!!  Kidd is OLD.... WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!! are we getting rid of Devin Harris!!!!!! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!!!!!!!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2008, 07:42:32 PM »

BAD TRADE!!!!!!  Kidd is OLD.... WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!! are we getting rid of Devin Harris!!!!!! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!!!!!!!!!

I really liked Devin, he's fast and improving.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2008, 07:47:39 PM »

I really liked Devin, he's fast and improving.

I am a Nets fan!!! it's sad to say goodbye to an all star and captain like Kidd!!!
but I am confused bc I dont follow Dallas and I have no idea about former players Harris, Diop, Ager and George!!!  :confused1:
2 first round picks is nice and also the cuban check!!! :)
Edit: watching Nets right now at Raptors channelsurfing and listenig to Devils vs Sens, NJ ALWAYS!!! :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 07:53:10 PM by conchita »

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2008, 10:54:49 PM »
you should be happy if you're a nets fan. kidd wasn't happy there and if they didn't trade him soon, his play would have declined. also carter and jefferson are waning a bit so now you have a young talent in devin harris and some first round draft picks i think so that'll ensure a good future (maybe not this year but 2-3 years from now).

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2008, 03:30:45 AM »

Someone has to D-up against the "Body Gaurd" (Baron Davis). Dallas is soft and needs toughness. Kidd creates offense and will shore up your defense for your playoff run. If you could point your way to an NBA championship, the Suns, Warriors or Mavs would have done that by now. This is one of those "win now" short-sighted moves. If I were a Mavs fan, I'd be excited because as a Warrior fan, I don't like it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 03:39:46 AM by Babblelot »

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2008, 04:59:37 AM »
Chris Webber a Warrior again... I can't bere to watch this train wreck  :crying:

0-1, lost at home to the freakin' horriBULLS!!!!

1-1, squeak past the Cowbells at home. Webber +14 min of someone elses time, 5 boards, 2 pts

Warriors beat Suns, Webber deactivated

San Francisco Chronicle

Webber didn't play Wednesday, didn't even suit up. Not many NBA players go from the starting lineup one game to street clothes the next game unless they are injured, but that's the wacky world of the Warriors.

Their newest "starter," Webber, who started the three previous games, was deactivated for Wednesday night's game. Great call by Nelson. It paid dividends in what maybe was the Warriors' most uplifting win of the season, a nationally televised demonstration of Warriors magic, leading into the All-Star break.

The perfect position for Webber in this game was down at the end of the bench in a lovely, fawn-brown suit.

Had Webber played, he would have been Bambi crossing the freeway. A guy could get hurt out there.
Ask referee Jimmy Clark, who, when the Suns were stampeding downcourt on a turnover-started fast break, ran for his life like a man trying to stay ahead of an avalanche.

Webber, with the Warriors since Jan. 29, isn't in shape yet to play against a slow opponent, let alone against the run-'n'-stun Suns.

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :hysterical:  :rofl_2:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2008, 08:42:00 AM »
Celtics lost at Golden State, great match with the biggest attendance in California history!!!!  :cool:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2008, 09:29:43 AM »
Celtics lost at Golden State, great match with the biggest attendance in California history!!!!  :cool:

YES!!!

The Warriors beat the Celtics despite Webber's 20mins, +/- (-8), 4reb, 5pts  (What a buster.)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2008, 09:40:07 AM »

YES!!!

The Warriors beat the Celtics despite Webber's 20mins, +/- (-8), 4reb, 5pts  (What a buster.)

I watched the end, Davis is wonderful and Nelson is one of the greatest coach in NBA history.
Warriors fans are amazing, great atmosphere, amazing.
btw, Nelson has been selected for HOF, but I am not sure as a coach or player.
(edit: imho Olajuwon and D.Johnson will be inducted for sure, perhaps Ewing)