Author Topic: Pacific Life Open Draw  (Read 5282 times)

Anonymous

Pacific Life Open Draw
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »
I hate to butt in but I hope you know your talking about two different things. One is discussing tennis fundamentals and the importance of the cross court rally for structuring points. The other is talking about Federer unique play style. One leads into the other but there not the same thing, sorry. Patterns are the building blocks for structuring points, while play styles are modified patterns that suite your abilities. I just wasn't sure that you knew you weren't talking about the same thing. Your disagreeeing because your not talking about the same subject. Simple mis-communication it happens all the time on the boards.I wish I found this sight earlier I would have loved to join the conversation.  Don't mind me I'm just a noisy neighbor. It is so cool that I can post without joining that is the coolest thing. So when you join can you post right away or do you have to wait?

Thanks,

Tom

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
Pacific Life Open Draw
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2005, 09:22:55 PM »
There is no waiting period to post, I have disabled the "reply to e-mail" function, you are set once you choose a username and password.

Welcome to the boards Tom!!!
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline MC ill Logic

• Tennis God
Pacific Life Open Draw
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2005, 04:05:39 AM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
I hate to butt in but I hope you know your talking about two different things. One is discussing tennis fundamentals and the importance of the cross court rally for structuring points. The other is talking about Federer unique play style. One leads into the other but there not the same thing, sorry. Patterns are the building blocks for structuring points, while play styles are modified patterns that suite your abilities. I just wasn't sure that you knew you weren't talking about the same thing. Your disagreeeing because your not talking about the same subject.
You're probably right.   :))

Anonymous

Pacific Life Open Draw
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2005, 02:39:53 PM »
Yes Mc ill Logic(cool name by the way) I believe I'm right. I'm probably as fascinated by Roger as anyone but I do belive you were discussing more about his play style then tennis fundamentals. I agree I think Roger plays allot on instinct but so do most players, allot comes down to guessing in tennis. I belive the jist of your conversation dealt more with Roger's talent, ability and play style. Pacer92110 ( Are you a Indiana fan?) seem to talk more about the fundamentals, Patterns= structuring points, The basic pattern= playing the percentages or cross court rally, A player specific pattern= strategy.

The Jist of pacer92110 conversation seemed to say that Federer plays the percentages better then anyone else. Like he doesn't need to go for the lines. The modern game has brought more power and athleticism but percentage tennis hasn't changed. You don't need a coach to play the percentages but you might for strategy. Roger however does'nt even need one for strategy. I happy to hear that the both of you are students of the game, right on. Pacer92110 are you planning to go pro or just playing for college? Thanks moderator for responding to my message, this is a cool thing you have here and I definately plan to join, and hopefully have more converstaions like this one.

Thanks,

Tom ;)