Author Topic: Federer vs. Hewitt USO 2004 Final  (Read 5731 times)

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
Re: Federer vs. Hewitt USO 2004 Final
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2007, 12:21:58 PM »
Anyone have just highlights on that match?

you want me to make a highlight reel?

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 02:24:24 PM »
If you have the time :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2007, 02:50:32 PM »
If you have the time :)

Sure thing. I have time till December 5th. After that its crunch time. I am shutting down the computer and learning a semester's worth of crap for 7 classes in 10 days so I can ace my exams. I have 5 finals in a row - three of them (coincidentally the three tougher ones) at 8 in the morning. I am dreading it. Especially if the roads are slcik those days... I can't imagine having to wake up and leave my house at like 5 to beat rush hour and then torture my brain for three hours ...ahhh.. I am not even going to think about it. Maybe It's time to take up on my freinds' offers to stay over. That's ideal situation. But you know it ain't happening, I'll probably still be here 10 hours a day. Bottom line, I have time :)) I'll try to do it today or else I'll forget.
I am losing track of threads but I am 99.2% done with Roddick vs. Gasquet and i'll make a reel of that too as soon as its done. which at this pace (2kbps approx) should be 3 hours.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 03:07:48 PM by pawan89 »

Offline mdshahid20

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 06:29:53 PM »
wow just watched the first set and this is a massacre. But I feel like fed has really lost a lot of pop on his forehand in the past year. Kind of dissapointing really

I felt the same way. That forehand is a pleasure to watch. He was hitting lines with amazing speed. Just too good. I wonder why he is not hitting like that anymore? May be because it takes a lot out of him? and he is conserving energy? :dunno:

my theory is that he's putting more topspin on it so its more suited for the FO. Unfortunately hes changing his style of play and this will probably make his FO situation worse as well as decrease his success at the other slams. I personally dislike the typical 'claycourter' style of tennis- its to defensive for me and i'd hate to see federer try to make himself play like them.

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 06:36:22 PM »
I do not like the typical clay courters game either, but as always, different strokes for different folks 99Yeah, I know that sounded corny).

You are right that Fed added all that topspin for the FO, I didn't mind, he seems to be able to make those adjustments and he can easily adjust back, well, so is my guess...

It will be interesting to see how he approaches this years FO.
Scott Baker

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2007, 08:14:46 PM »
wow just watched the first set and this is a massacre. But I feel like fed has really lost a lot of pop on his forehand in the past year. Kind of dissapointing really

I felt the same way. That forehand is a pleasure to watch. He was hitting lines with amazing speed. Just too good. I wonder why he is not hitting like that anymore? May be because it takes a lot out of him? and he is conserving energy? :dunno:

my theory is that he's putting more topspin on it so its more suited for the FO. Unfortunately hes changing his style of play and this will probably make his FO situation worse as well as decrease his success at the other slams. I personally dislike the typical 'claycourter' style of tennis- its to defensive for me and i'd hate to see federer try to make himself play like them.

Well, personally I would like him to win more grandslams, and dont really care too much about his FO chances anymore. If he wins it great, but if not, thats fine too. what I really do not want to see is, him adapting too much of that "claycourt" style, and become less dominant at other slams.  That flat forehand he has is just too awesome, and I hope he doesn't forget how to use it like he used to.

So, yes, we are in the same page, mdshahid20. I hope he knows what he is doing.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 08:15:22 PM by tennisfan78 »

Offline barbadosan

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2007, 09:15:57 PM »

Well, personally I would like him to win more grandslams, and dont really care too much about his FO chances anymore. If he wins it great, but if not, thats fine too. what I really do not want to see is, him adapting too much of that "claycourt" style, and become less dominant at other slams.  That flat forehand he has is just too awesome, and I hope he doesn't forget how to use it like he used to.

So, yes, we are in the same page, mdshahid20. I hope he knows what he is doing.

The analogy I liken it to is a chemist and the Nobel prize. Sure it'd be great to find the cure for cancer, but that doesn't stop the Nobel Prize being awarded for a body of work.... and Fed's growing list of records constitutes an awesome body of work

Offline Somil

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 02:47:28 AM »
Anyone have just highlights on that match?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1RI80H4J
Here are the highlights tennis4you ^

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 07:39:38 AM »

Offline Federer's_footwork

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007, 10:16:11 AM »
There a part in the commentary where it's said the Federer knew he'd won as soon as he beat Agassi in the quarters.

Think Fed was just on fire on this day cos he knew he was going to win and he may as well pour it on. Let's face it... Hewitt's game is [was?] about chasing balls down and if you are getting balls past him what else has he got?

Fed knew, I think, that if he hit a hard flat forehand it was game over and unloaded on that basis.

I have to say I witnessed it with my own eyes - I was there!
Seriously... those man bags of Federer's have GOT TO GO!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007, 11:01:11 AM »
There a part in the commentary where it's said the Federer knew he'd won as soon as he beat Agassi in the quarters.

Think Fed was just on fire on this day cos he knew he was going to win and he may as well pour it on. Let's face it... Hewitt's game is [was?] about chasing balls down and if you are getting balls past him what else has he got?

Fed knew, I think, that if he hit a hard flat forehand it was game over and unloaded on that basis.

I have to say I witnessed it with my own eyes - I was there!

Dang, I am jealous!  I still haven't been to the USO!   :(

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2007, 12:51:15 PM »
Scott Baker

Offline tennisfan78

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2007, 05:50:18 PM »

Pawan, I have just downloaded set2, part 1. Thanks very much :H

Online Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 09:07:59 PM »
What, the match isn't short enough as it is?  :))

lol, true...   With as busy as I am these days, the highlights are perfect, and I can sit down and watch a 10 minute reel and then get back to whatever I was doing.  I wish I had time to sit down and watch more matches!

Welcome to the forums!
Scott Baker

Offline MA7AME7O

• Tennis Player
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2007, 10:32:17 AM »
sorry guys for my poor english
:Blush:

Offline Federer's_footwork

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2007, 12:45:47 PM »
Awesome video!

Thanks
Seriously... those man bags of Federer's have GOT TO GO!