Instructional Tennis > Tennis Equipment & Apparel

Considering a smaller shoe size...

(1/3) > >>

kungpaobenji27:
Hey guys,

I wear a size 10 shoe but would switching to a 9.5 or perhaps even size 9 improve court movement and performance?  Does anyone else in here do that or have any input?  Thanks!

Ben

dmastous:

--- Quote from: kungpaobenji27 on November 20, 2007, 02:12:16 AM ---Hey guys,

I wear a size 10 shoe but would switching to a 9.5 or perhaps even size 9 improve court movement and performance?  Does anyone else in here do that or have any input?  Thanks!

Ben

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't recomend it. I played with a shoe size a half size smaller than I should have (feet got flat), and I ended up with some bruized toes after awhile.
Tennis has so much starting and stopping and sudden movement that you should wear the right shoe size.

papasmerf10101:
stick to your size because if u go To big or to small ur toes will get smashed

papasmerf10101:
You might want to try thicker socks because this will make your feet fit better, but you won't hurt as much because this will give you more cusion

OSU Buckeye:

--- Quote from: papasmerf10101 on December 06, 2007, 10:03:35 PM ---You might want to try thicker socks because this will make your feet fit better, but you won't hurt as much because this will give you more cusion

--- End quote ---

Good point!  I definitely believe in the benefit of those hi-tech thick socks............failing that, I double up on socks some times. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version