Author Topic: Evel Knievel dies at 69  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Evel Knievel dies at 69
« on: November 30, 2007, 09:07:13 PM »
One of my favorites. A daredevil who captured america's attention with death defying motorcycle stunts. I haven't thought about him for awhile but now it comes flooding back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3135532

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: Evel Knievel dies at 69
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 11:35:54 PM »
One of my favorites. A daredevil who captured america's attention with death defying motorcycle stunts. I haven't thought about him for awhile but now it comes flooding back.

Amazing he lived as long as he did. He broke pretty much every bone in his body at one time or another.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 10:54:59 AM »

Amazing he lived as long as he did. He broke pretty much every bone in his body at one time or another.

Exactly!   ;-()   I was shocked that he was 69..........or is there another one that I am confusing him with?  Maybe his son!??   :confused1:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 05:33:49 PM »
I thought he died years/decades ago.

He should of died a lot of times.

His son "Robbie" does stunts also. I didn't know about him till I looked it up now.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 09:00:12 PM »

Nice seasonally timed avi you have there!  Certainly better than Chunk!  "Chunk loves Sloth"!   :rofl_2: 

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 11:24:20 PM »

Nice seasonally timed avi you have there!  Certainly better than Chunk!  "Chunk loves Sloth"!   :rofl_2: 

What no love for the "Truffle Shuffle"?  :hysterical:
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 07:28:46 AM »

All I am saying is that every time I saw your Chunk avi it kind of disgusted me.   :rofl_2:

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 10:13:17 AM »

All I am saying is that every time I saw your Chunk avi it kind of disgusted me.   :rofl_2:

Hahaha, that was the point. I was going to use one that was even more gross with Chunk and Sloth but I'll save it for later, just for you ;-() :rofl_2:
Ralphie: I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle! <br /><br />Mrs. Parker: No, you\'ll shoot your eye out.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 10:21:30 AM »

Hahaha, that was the point. I was going to use one that was even more gross with Chunk and Sloth but I'll save it for later, just for you ;-() :rofl_2:

We want to bring more people into the T4Y community, not scare them away.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 11:04:34 AM »

You have somehow captured Chunk puking and causing everyone else to puke into an avi!?   :confused1:   :rofl_2:

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 06:35:28 PM »

You have somehow captured Chunk puking and causing everyone else to puke into an avi!?   :confused1:   :rofl_2:

Do you mean "Lardass" from Stand By Me? Hmmm you gave me an idea for my next Avi ;-() :hysterical:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 09:43:12 PM »

Do you mean "Lardass" from Stand By Me? Hmmm you gave me an idea for my next Avi ;-() :hysterical:

Now I am confused.  Was it Lardass or Chunk that told the super emotional story of puking at camp and causing all the other kids to puke?  Or, was that in both movies? 

Offline Pacer

• Tennis God
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 02:03:55 PM »

Now I am confused.  Was it Lardass or Chunk that told the super emotional story of puking at camp and causing all the other kids to puke?  Or, was that in both movies? 

Hahaha both, but Chunk actually cried about it."Lardass" was just gross. :scared:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 07:55:45 PM »

Hahaha both, but Chunk actually cried about it."Lardass" was just gross. :scared:

I was right........it was the Chunk one that I was remembering........................"and then I puked.....sob, sob.......and then all of the other kids started puking.....sob, sob!"   :rofl_2: :rofl_2: