Author Topic: How's your weather?  (Read 115297 times)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
Re: How's your weather?
« Reply #300 on: April 08, 2008, 07:49:49 PM »
41 deg and drizzling  :(
Worse than that, Sunday was sunny and in the 60's. I couldn't get anyone to play tennis.  :mad1:

I'm all set for tennis friday! :yahoo:

Indoors.....  :whistling:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline DrJ105

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #301 on: April 08, 2008, 07:54:49 PM »
Do you prefer outdoors?

Worse than that, Sunday was sunny and in the 60's. I couldn't get anyone to play tennis.  :mad1:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #302 on: April 08, 2008, 07:59:03 PM »
I do prefer indoors, because there is no wind, no sun problems, no need to even switch sides. But I also like the fact that the ball really pops off the racquet indoors. It's a boom at times. That intensity of sound really helps me to stay focused.

Do you prefer outdoors?

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #303 on: April 08, 2008, 08:10:56 PM »
48 deg here. But the sun is out.
Maybe we'll be getting that in a couple days.  ://

Man, that's cold.  Here it is - April - and you guys are still not reaching 50 degrees! :scared:  Keep me in Texas. ://

Take me to Texas!  ://

Well it got up to 83 today but we're now under a thunderstorm watch (or later tornado watch) :rofl_2:  You sure you want to come to Texas?  Of course I remember one summer we had 31 consecutive days over 100 degree temps - but I still rather have that than cold weather. :rofl_2:

Offline DrJ105

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #304 on: April 08, 2008, 08:26:44 PM »
I agree.  Cold weather is awful!  I was in Houston once, but I didn't like it (of course I didn't see very much of it).  I'm sure Dallas is nicer though :).

48 deg here. But the sun is out.
Maybe we'll be getting that in a couple days.  ://

Man, that's cold.  Here it is - April - and you guys are still not reaching 50 degrees! :scared:  Keep me in Texas. ://

Take me to Texas!  ://

Well it got up to 83 today but we're now under a thunderstorm watch (or later tornado watch) :rofl_2:  You sure you want to come to Texas?  Of course I remember one summer we had 31 consecutive days over 100 degree temps - but I still rather have that than cold weather. :rofl_2:

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #305 on: April 08, 2008, 08:30:53 PM »
I agree.  Cold weather is awful!  I was in Houston once, but I didn't like it (of course I didn't see very much of it).  I'm sure Dallas is nicer though :).
=

OF course it's nicer! ;-()  I lived in Houston for 7 years back in the early 70s and with the humidly and floods...give me Dallas.

Offline DrJ105

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #306 on: April 08, 2008, 08:31:45 PM »
haha, I didn't like getting lost 4 times on the way to my hotel.  And taking a test the next morning.

=

OF course it's nicer! ;-()  I lived in Houston for 7 years back in the early 70s and with the humidly and floods...give me Dallas.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #307 on: April 08, 2008, 09:37:53 PM »
haha, I didn't like getting lost 4 times on the way to my hotel.  And taking a test the next morning.

=

:rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #308 on: May 04, 2008, 02:34:24 AM »
It seems as though winter will just not go away. Well, if not winter going away, at least spring is taking it's sweet time fully committing to getting here.
It's been mid 40's all day today. Supposed to be mid 60's for a high the next 10 days. Mostly rain.  :Confused:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #309 on: May 04, 2008, 03:05:27 AM »
It seems as though winter will just not go away. Well, if not winter going away, at least spring is taking it's sweet time fully committing to getting here.
It's been mid 40's all day today. Supposed to be mid 60's for a high the next 10 days. Mostly rain.  :Confused:

Sounds as if you're having a very similar problem to us, as once again today its dark, grey and raining. It doesn't seem to be getting particularly warm either and thats worrying with now being in May, as before we know it we'll be back to the end of Septemebr and another damn winter. Days when its sunny(not particuarly warm however) just recently you can guarantee that it will rain at some point- and so far its near 100% for that  :(
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #310 on: May 04, 2008, 12:23:32 PM »
Well this is just typical for a Bank Holiday weekend as currently we are in the middle of a massive downpour- its almost like a monsoon, its that bad- ligting, thunder, hail and torrential rain- yeah it must be the May Bank Holiday in the North West of England :ranting: :ranting:

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #311 on: May 04, 2008, 03:05:32 PM »
Beautiful day here, 62 and sunny.
Nights are still cool, good for sleeping under some covers.

Well this is just typical for a Bank Holiday weekend as currently we are in the middle of a massive downpour- its almost like a monsoon, its that bad- ligting, thunder, hail and torrential rain- yeah it must be the May Bank Holiday in the North West of England :ranting: :ranting:

Down pours are kool once in a while.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #312 on: May 04, 2008, 03:12:49 PM »

Once in a while I could handle, but every day is just ridiculous. Suppose I'm used to it by now though having lived here 20 years. I'd love to be enjoying the weather you've got right now Swish  :)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #313 on: May 04, 2008, 05:06:44 PM »

Once in a while I could handle, but every day is just ridiculous. Suppose I'm used to it by now though having lived here 20 years. I'd love to be enjoying the weather you've got right now Swish  :)

The problem for me right now is that it's still somewhat cold after being very cold. But I also work in a cold environment, around a lot of equimpent that likes it cold. So I'm cold inside, and cold outside. The only time I'm not cold is when I'm at home, or in my car.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #314 on: May 04, 2008, 05:32:42 PM »

Absolutely great day and an outdoors tennis match too!!!
You'll have some good ones coming up.  :)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #315 on: May 04, 2008, 10:36:39 PM »
It's been really mild all spring. It's almost mid-may and we haven't even hit 90 yet!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #316 on: May 05, 2008, 01:44:29 AM »

The problem for me right now is that it's still somewhat cold after being very cold. But I also work in a cold environment, around a lot of equimpent that likes it cold. So I'm cold inside, and cold outside. The only time I'm not cold is when I'm at home, or in my car.

Ouch- thats not a good environment to be in constantly- as once your inside gets cold thats when you could start picking up an illness. Lets just hope it starts to warm up prety soon then so you're not constantly in the cold.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #317 on: May 05, 2008, 01:46:09 AM »

Absolutely great day and an outdoors tennis match too!!!
You'll have some good ones coming up.  :)

Excellent stuff Swish- glad you got to have an outdoor tennis match in and start your season off- now all you need is plenty more dry days  :)
Yeah we'll probably have some good ones coming up- more than likely the odd few when I'm stuck in work  :whistle:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #318 on: May 07, 2008, 08:48:18 AM »
pleasantly warm 84ºF, 29ºC!!!  :cool: wonderful weather!!  :)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #319 on: May 07, 2008, 09:54:35 AM »
pleasantly warm 84ºF, 29ºC!!!  :cool: wonderful weather!!  :)

Pleasant???    What is pleasant about 84?   Make that 74 and I am with you!