Author Topic: How's your weather?  (Read 110995 times)

Offline irish_mike

• Tennis Enthusiast
    • Irish photo
Re: How's your weather?
« Reply #340 on: May 10, 2008, 05:19:02 PM »
did you hit a good ball....

Tennis Book of Images - Tennis Photography -
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/440610
Hardcover, Dust Jacket
Dimensions Large Format Landscape -13×11 inches- 80 Pages printed on Premium Paper- ISBN:- 978-0-95

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #341 on: May 10, 2008, 05:25:06 PM »

Yeah, but the other guy was leaving them short and in mid court, it was fun for a little while then became tiresome.  ..-)

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #342 on: May 10, 2008, 08:52:50 PM »

Yeah, but the other guy was leaving them short and in mid court, it was fun for a little while then became tiresome.  ..-)

swish, I was leaving balls short most of the first three sets today. But in the 4th set finally started to find my groove. But I did rack-up a number of aces. Anyway, when I get more court time under my belt, I'm a gonna come calling.   ;-()
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2008, 03:26:13 AM »
The sun was out all day today...gorgeous weather.  Warm and Sunny with slight wind.  Amazing.
Millenium Sport Technologies Representative
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
x2 Head Liquidmetal Radical @ 60lbs w/ Luxillon ALU power rough
------------

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2008, 04:19:58 AM »
Yeah we're actually having great weather over in Britain for a change. Hopefully it stays like this for tennis.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #345 on: May 11, 2008, 04:24:39 AM »
Yeah we're actually having great weather over in Britain for a change. Hopefully it stays like this for tennis.

Yeah we've had just 1 day where we've had a bit of rain in the past 6 days :swoon: and today is expected to be the hottest day we've had so far this year  :cool: not that it matters one little bit today what the weathers like outside for me!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #346 on: May 11, 2008, 05:02:16 AM »
I'd love to get over to Britain for a vacation.  I've never been but always wanted to go.
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
------------

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #347 on: May 11, 2008, 05:02:46 AM »
I'd love to get over to Britain for a vacation.  I've never been but always wanted to go.

Well a bit of advice, make sure to go in the Summer, never the Winter :)~

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #348 on: May 11, 2008, 05:04:03 AM »

Well a bit of advice, make sure to go in the Summer, never the Winter :)~

If you can tell the difference ..-)

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #349 on: May 11, 2008, 05:24:57 AM »
I suck bad on grass so maybe when I visit, one of you guys can whip me real bad, haha
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
------------

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #350 on: May 11, 2008, 05:25:51 AM »
I suck bad on grass so maybe when I visit, one of you guys can whip me real bad, haha

As long as we can find one of the limited grasscourts we have  :(

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #351 on: May 11, 2008, 09:53:59 PM »
I am very curious how many here have played on grass?   I have like 3 or 4 times and I think it is my best and favorite surface.........it felt awesome to me! 

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #352 on: May 11, 2008, 09:55:48 PM »
I am very curious how many here have played on grass?   I have like 3 or 4 times and I think it is my best and favorite surface.........it felt awesome to me! 

You know I've played on it, and didn't like it. The bounce is too low for my aching knees.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #353 on: May 11, 2008, 09:59:41 PM »

You know I've played on it, and didn't like it. The bounce is too low for my aching knees.

Thats most of the beauty of it........grass is very soft and easy on your knees but without clays annoying need to slide into shots!   You get used to the lack of a bounce on grass very quickly! 

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #354 on: May 11, 2008, 10:05:35 PM »

Thats most of the beauty of it........grass is very soft and easy on your knees but without clays annoying need to slide into shots!   You get used to the lack of a bounce on grass very quickly! 

I'm willing to give grass another shot. But not the HoF grass in Newport. That grass sucks with a capital "S". The players all complain about it. The bounce is very inconsistant, and bad. Maybe other grass courts are more consistant.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #355 on: May 11, 2008, 10:15:38 PM »

I'm willing to give grass another shot. But not the HoF grass in Newport. That grass sucks with a capital "S". The players all complain about it. The bounce is very inconsistant, and bad. Maybe other grass courts are more consistant.

The only grass courts I have played on are at a very nice local club that cares for them perfectly...........I expected that all places that wouls have grass courts would be the same. 

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #356 on: May 11, 2008, 10:59:35 PM »

This is the court that I played grass on last year.  I was terrible, haha. The last guy I faced was hitting a slice 2nd serve at me and it was reacting like a kicker, haha.  Whether that is all grass or just HoF grass...it sucked bigtime.
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
------------

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #357 on: May 12, 2008, 10:40:49 AM »
I've unfortunately never had the opportunity to play on either grass or clay. I'm hoping to get that opportnity by the end of the year though.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #358 on: May 12, 2008, 02:13:49 PM »
I love playing on grass- played on it a fair bit when I was younger so got used to it and its the best serface for producing the dive at the net because the landing is so much better. At first the low bounce can catch you off a little and the way it can skid through that bit more and occasionally take a bad bounce- but you soon get used to it and I love it.

Weather today here has been great again. After a nice day yesterday until 4pm when we had some thunder and heavy rain, its been glorious today- no clouds- sun all day and around 78 degrees. 8:15pm now and the sun is still out and its a lovely evening  :cool:

Offline CTDeuce

• Tennis Addict
    • My Training
« Reply #359 on: May 12, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »
It rained today so instead of tennis I was confined to lifting...ugh.

Tennis the next 2 days if it's clear!!
www.millenniumsport.net
------------
------------