Author Topic: How's your weather?  (Read 111812 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: How's your weather?
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2007, 10:24:05 PM »
We had ice on everything this morning and some sleet and lots of rain after that!   :ZZZZZ)

It started snowing at about 1 pm and hasn't stopped yet. It took me over 2 hours to get to work averaging about 10 mph on the freeway. What a mess!

How long does that drive take normally? 

15-20 minutes. :ranting:

Ouch, that is serious suckage!   :(

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2007, 11:04:21 PM »
8" of snow and it's still coming down!
I'll have to break out the x-country skis and snow shoes this weekend!
It's play time!!! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2007, 11:09:09 PM »
We had ice on everything this morning and some sleet and lots of rain after that!   :ZZZZZ)

It started snowing at about 1 pm and hasn't stopped yet. It took me over 2 hours to get to work averaging about 10 mph on the freeway. What a mess!
It's a good thing you didn't make the trip to the Boondocks tonight, because there was only 1 5.0 player there and the tennis was a bit weak.  But you could've crashed here and enjoyed a few Sierra Nevadas with Moi! :drunk:

I'm amazed at how light it is outside with all the snow! :gleam:
CONK da ball!!!

Online pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2007, 11:16:05 PM »

yeah that sucks... very much. that's worse than my 3 hour drive last year for a 40-45 minute drive. question dmast - you are in boston? that's a mainstream city, can you actually use public transport?

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2007, 12:00:38 AM »

It's a good thing you didn't make the trip to the Boondocks tonight, because there was only 1 5.0 player there and the tennis was a bit weak.  But you could've crashed here and enjoyed a few Sierra Nevadas with Moi! :drunk:

I'd probably still be stuck in the snow somewhere. I think I made the right choice. I'll have to take a rain check on the Sierra Navadas. Make that a snow check.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2007, 12:02:12 AM »

yeah that sucks... very much. that's worse than my 3 hour drive last year for a 40-45 minute drive. question dmast - you are in boston? that's a mainstream city, can you actually use public transport?

I don't live in Boston. I live about 40 minutes north of Boston, and work about 20 minutes north of Boston. So no public transortation available.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2007, 12:12:16 AM »

I'd probably still be stuck in the snow somewhere. I think I made the right choice. I'll have to take a rain check on the Sierra Navadas. Make that a snow check.
Well, if you could have made it hear in a timely manner we could have gotten in some tenny with the crew, done some drills and then gone to Margaritas!

But safety / time travel wise I'm sure it was the right move! 

No hurry or worries,  I'll get you in with the big guns some Thurs and we'll have some serious fun! :gleam:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2007, 01:10:22 AM »
It's 76 and steamy hot. yellowball, you live in Austin? Do you know where Andy lives?

Yeah, I live just north of Austin in a suburb, Georgetown.  :( but I don't know where he lives, probably out around the lake with the rest of the millionaires! Lucky devil.

No autographs? No pictures of or with him? No turn by turn directions to his house so I can 'surprise' him on Christmas morning?  :whistle: Yes, andy does live around some lake in Austin because he LOVES to go out in his boat on it.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2007, 07:02:54 AM »
Good snow up north Monster!  Sounds like we are supposed to get 2-5" tomorrow which means 4-7" up home likely.  I am pumped!   :)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2007, 10:46:13 PM »
Well we're having a good old 'summer' thunderstorm now, but they are predicting light snow flurries tomorrow! go figure! :rofl_2:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2007, 11:31:57 PM »
Tomorrow, the high is gonna be 74. Then an night, it's gonna be 37 before dipping below freezing for the first time this season. That's Louisiana weather for ya.  :ok:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2007, 11:53:13 PM »
Wow, a 37 degree drop.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2007, 03:26:43 AM »
No wonder we're all :fever:

Online pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2007, 01:04:03 PM »
Looks like NJ is trying to copy you people from the south. We have had wonderful wonderful sunny weather with temperatures in high 30s to mid 40s the whole day. Like if you look outside from inside a building it looks just like summer and temperature isn't bad either, I could go out there in shorts and play tennis. Speaking of which.. I would like do that next weekend if it remains like this.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2007, 01:08:58 PM »
You know that fluctuations in temperature don't exactly cause our sickness but rather the fact that we spend more time indoors and thereby increased exposure to viruses and such.  Plus the lack of sun exposure doesn't help I am sure!  

It is snowing really hard here now.........we have an inch or so and increasing quickly!  It is wonderful!   :king:

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2007, 02:03:21 PM »
It's snowing here but melting on contact, just enough to mess up the traffic and your shoes with no benefits. Bummer...  :(

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2007, 04:57:29 PM »
You know that fluctuations in temperature don't exactly cause our sickness but rather the fact that we spend more time indoors and thereby increased exposure to viruses and such.  Plus the lack of sun exposure doesn't help I am sure!  

It is snowing really hard here now.........we have an inch or so and increasing quickly!  It is wonderful!   :king:

I wonder if you will have a white Christmas?

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2007, 08:12:31 PM »

We will travel to Chicago for Christmas so I hope the roads aren't too bad.  We had to cancel our plans to go to Chicago 2 years ago due to miserable road conditions. 

Our beautiful snow turned to rain for a couple hours and made a real mess of things. 

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2007, 08:28:18 PM »
I like really heavy snow only in March, the 8-12" or more variety, it's so cool when it just keeps coming.

In March because it won't mess things up for long.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2007, 08:37:54 PM »

We will travel to Chicago for Christmas so I hope the roads aren't too bad.  We had to cancel our plans to go to Chicago 2 years ago due to miserable road conditions. 

Our beautiful snow turned to rain for a couple hours and made a real mess of things. 

Unless it gets above freezing at some point we'll have a white Christmas here. It's white now, and we are expecting to get dumped on again tonight and/or tomorrow.

An ambition fulfilled