Author Topic: How's your weather?  (Read 115234 times)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
Re: How's your weather?
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2007, 04:42:38 PM »
We got 5 inches last night/this morning and the temps are in the 20's so it's sticking.
I'm used to it now already.

Some good news, when winter starts that is the shortest day of the year, then the days get longer on dec. 22.

Other weather news:

Report: Warm weather for 2007-08 winter

STATE COLLEGE, Pa., Nov. 14 (UPI) -- All current meteorological signs indicate that the 2007-08 winter season should become one of the warmest in the United States' history, AccuWeather.com said.

A release from the online forecasting group said that current weather patterns in the East and Great Lakes area are consistent with the initial predictions for this winter, that had colder conditions during the early part of the season before warmer temperatures took over.

AccuWeather.com Chief Long-Range Forecaster Joe Bastardi said the warmer weather would definitely help ease U.S. citizens' financial woes in relation to fluctuating fuel oil and natural gas prices.

"This winter will be warmer from the Plains to the east coast, where more people live, and will remain warm through the months during which consumers typically use the most fuel energy" he said. "So, to most Americans this winter will be warmer than normal, warmer than last winter, and overall a more consumer-friendly winter for those buying fuel and gas."

This winter's warmest month should be January for most of the United States, said Bastardi, leading to a predicted 15 percent to 20 percent drop in fuel usage for most U.S. homes.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 04:47:27 PM by swish »

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2007, 04:49:30 PM »
wow, that's kinda strage. I heard at the end of summer that this was going to be one of the harshest winters. i don't know what to think, I have to agree with your report swish, there's no snow here yet (well just a little, no real snow) and temps are pretty warm, they have been mostly in high 30s - low 40-s which is pretty warm i think.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2007, 05:08:44 PM »
It's been pretty harsh up here so far.  Temps haven't been above 40 for a couple weeks and the overnight is hitting the teens or lower.  Got a nice dump last night, about 8" of nice snow.  There's over 2' accumulation on my back deck now!  wooooohooo!  :))  I love winter!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2007, 05:33:54 PM »
I think those guys flip a coin and wait for the paycheck.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2007, 06:06:44 PM »

agreed  :rofl_2:
or they do one of those things which cover everything
"today could be a good day with highs in the 50s but some chance of showers and heavy snowfall with temperatures dropping below 20"

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »

agreed  :rofl_2:
or they do one of those things which cover everything
"today could be a good day with highs in the 50s but some chance of showers and heavy snowfall with temperatures dropping below 20"

Almost like those horoscopes.  ..-)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2007, 12:07:01 AM »
It's 35 deg now. About 35 hours ago, it was almost 70. :uhm:

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2007, 10:07:49 AM »
We got 5 inches last night/this morning and the temps are in the 20's so it's sticking.

Some good news, when winter starts that is the shortest day of the year, then the days get longer on dec. 22.

Other weather news:

STATE COLLEGE, Pa., Nov. 14 (UPI) -- All current meteorological signs indicate that the 2007-08 winter season should become one of the warmest in the United States' history, AccuWeather.com said.

A release from the online forecasting group said that current weather patterns in the East and Great Lakes area are consistent with the initial predictions for this winter, that had colder conditions during the early part of the season before warmer temperatures took over.

AccuWeather.com Chief Long-Range Forecaster Joe Bastardi said the warmer weather would definitely help ease U.S. citizens' financial woes in relation to fluctuating fuel oil and natural gas prices.

"This winter will be warmer from the Plains to the east coast, where more people live, and will remain warm through the months during which consumers typically use the most fuel energy" he said. "So, to most Americans this winter will be warmer than normal, warmer than last winter, and overall a more consumer-friendly winter for those buying fuel and gas."

This winter's warmest month should be January for most of the United States, said Bastardi, leading to a predicted 15 percent to 20 percent drop in fuel usage for most U.S. homes.

Do these guys look out the window? I don't know what they are seeing, but when I look out the window I see snow and ice and freezing people shoveling and digging their cars out. It's 19 degrees and it's not even winter yet. I've only been here 6 years, but I've not seen it this cold this early, nor have I seen more than a little snow this early. I think one year it snowed over Thanksgiving weekend, but it went up to 50 degrees and it all melted in a week or so.
If this is going to be the warmest winter, it's sure among the coldest falls on record. ..-)

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2007, 10:16:55 AM »
No snow here but it's 32 degrees and 20 mph gusts. We decided not to play outside this morning mainly because of the wind. No point in being miserable when playing tennis.  It's good to have access to indoor courts this time of year.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2007, 05:36:10 PM »

Other weather news:

Do these guys look out the window? I don't know what they are seeing, but when I look out the window I see snow and ice and freezing people shoveling and digging their cars out. It's 19 degrees and it's not even winter yet. I've only been here 6 years, but I've not seen it this cold this early, nor have I seen more than a little snow this early. I think one year it snowed over Thanksgiving weekend, but it went up to 50 degrees and it all melted in a week or so.
If this is going to be the warmest winter, it's sure among the coldest falls on record. ..-)

That's the same thing I thought, it has been about three weeks ahead here.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2007, 10:28:56 PM »
Well I love warm weather (hot weather, in fact)... so I don't envy any of you guys that have all that snow and cold weather!  It was cold here for a couple of days - but now it's going to be back close to 70 and in the 70s later in the week.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2007, 10:31:48 PM »
No snow here but it's 32 degrees and 20 mph gusts. We decided not to play outside this morning mainly because of the wind. No point in being miserable when playing tennis.  It's good to have access to indoor courts this time of year.

Yeah, we had that windy cold crap for a day or so...........now just really cold!  It is 18 degrees now and likely on its way down to 14 or some crap.  At 9:00am I get to go play outside.........well maybe it is work.....but better than inside work!   ;-()

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2007, 04:20:32 PM »
2 degrees farenheit this a.m.  Monster Truck didn't want to start but finally got it sputtering.

Man, I LOVE winter!!! :))

Will be sending pics from the ice shanty in a week or 2!   woooohoooo!
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2007, 07:53:44 PM »
2 degrees! Can't get much worse than that.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2007, 07:59:47 PM »

Yes......

It can.... :scared:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2007, 06:07:48 AM »
...or better depending on how you look at it!

Anything below 32 F and we're "makin' ice" baby! :))
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2007, 08:48:10 AM »
Wow! some of you guys really are having it very cold, especially down to 2 F, in our temperature scale thats like -16 Degrees C, thats insane. Compared to that its very warm here  :)) , we're hovering around the 0 Degrees C mark so 32 F for you guys in America, below that during quite a few nights though.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 08:48:51 AM by ChrisTaylor1987 »
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2007, 09:07:28 AM »
I'm all set to avoid most of the mad winter here (which usually starts mid Jan and ends in March) by getting my tickets to the Philippines for most of February. I figured that way I would miss much of the bite. But this early pre-winter winter weather has thrown me for a loop.
 :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :depressed: :crying:

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2007, 09:20:13 AM »
I'm all set to avoid most of the mad winter here (which usually starts mid Jan and ends in March) by getting my tickets to the Philippines for most of February. I figured that way I would miss much of the bite. But this early pre-winter winter weather has thrown me for a loop.
 :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :cursing: :ranting: :depressed: :crying:

Shame to hearthe early winter has caught you out but just try to think about all the bad weather you'll be missing when you go to the Philippines for most of February. Brilliant month to go that is to avoid the really harsh weather  :) What are you going to the Philippines for Dmas?, long holiday, family/friends there?
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2007, 04:30:23 PM »

Shame to hearthe early winter has caught you out but just try to think about all the bad weather you'll be missing when you go to the Philippines for most of February. Brilliant month to go that is to avoid the really harsh weather  :) What are you going to the Philippines for Dmas?, long holiday, family/friends there?

All of the above, plus I probably know (or knew) more solid tennis players there than I do here.

An ambition fulfilled