Author Topic: How's your weather?  (Read 119866 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: How's your weather?
« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2008, 05:31:10 PM »
I don't enjoy it all. We wish for fall and winter to get some solace from the summer heat. It was regularly hitting 100+ this July and August. I want it cold. :(

100 plus is a bit extreme. id prefer it around 80 all year that would be amazing  :)

Low 70's for me!   :king:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2008, 05:36:20 PM »
I don't enjoy it all. We wish for fall and winter to get some solace from the summer heat. It was regularly hitting 100+ this July and August. I want it cold. :(

100 plus is a bit extreme. id prefer it around 80 all year that would be amazing  :)

80 and hott Hott HOTT!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2008, 12:31:22 AM »

80 and hott Hott HOTT!!

Not warm not cold here today its around 40!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2008, 01:13:10 AM »

80 and hott Hott HOTT!!

That's cold to me. :king:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2008, 01:35:33 AM »

80 and hott Hott HOTT!!

It certainly would be cold for you, but for us its fine really, we can deal with that  :) although I'd prefer it to be similar to your temperature mid January, that must be awesome for the winter months  :cool: although probably not so much for you with being used to that now.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2008, 08:24:33 AM »

80 and hott Hott HOTT!!

It certainly would be cold for you, but for us its fine really, we can deal with that  :) although I'd prefer it to be similar to your temperature mid January, that must be awesome for the winter months  :cool: although probably not so much for you with being used to that now.

It's 56 now. Unbelievable. ..-)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2008, 08:39:26 AM »

80 and hott Hott HOTT!!

It's 56 now. Unbelievable. ..-)

wow thats really low from what temperature you're usually at  :whistle: I'd happily take a temperature like that though in January!

Offline Richard

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2008, 11:17:44 AM »
Out there, like I am... :)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2008, 12:27:02 PM »

wow thats really low from what temperature you're usually at  :whistle: I'd happily take a temperature like that though in January!

Well, that's actually how it's supposed to be. We broke the recorrd yesterday for highest high at 81.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2008, 12:38:43 PM »

Well, that's actually how it's supposed to be. We broke the recorrd yesterday for highest high at 81.

so your average during winter is 50s then? 81 is a heck of a long way above that, no wonder it broke records yesterday. So do you get much rain then during a year?

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2008, 01:38:05 PM »

so your average during winter is 50s then? 81 is a heck of a long way above that, no wonder it broke records yesterday. So do you get much rain then during a year?

Well, I live in a subtropical zone. :king: So it rains often. Maybe twice a week. But it's just humid everyday. Not really raining everyday. During the summer, when you walk outside at maybe 6:00 in the morning, the concrete is wet from the humidity.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2008, 03:03:45 PM »

Well, I live in a subtropical zone. :king: So it rains often. Maybe twice a week. But it's just humid everyday. Not really raining everyday. During the summer, when you walk outside at maybe 6:00 in the morning, the concrete is wet from the humidity.

Heck, I've never heard that before with concrete actually being wet from the humidity, it must be one humid place you live in. You'd probably agree the humidity is probably the worst part rather than the actually heat itself, thats the factor that can really take it out of you and make it quite difficult to breathe at times. Rain + humidity is not a great combination  ..-)

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2008, 03:09:08 PM »

Heck, I've never heard that before with concrete actually being wet from the humidity, it must be one humid place you live in. You'd probably agree the humidity is probably the worst part rather than the actually heat itself, thats the factor that can really take it out of you and make it quite difficult to breathe at times. Rain + humidity is not a great combination  ..-)

In my experience, when it's humid, rain is a bit of a relief from humidity.

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2008, 03:11:54 PM »

In my experience, when it's humid, rain is a bit of a relief from humidity.

For sure Dmas thats absolutely correct but I'd just hate to live in a place where there was quite a bit of rain, and then for a lot of the time when its not raining for it to be humid, just a bad combination

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2008, 04:28:28 PM »
Yes, humidity makes heat more extreme. I went to Oklahoma one summer and it 97+ deg with zero humidity. I sat outside and talked on the phone with my friends. If I were to go outside in 97+ deg here with the purpose other than walking to my car.. I'd be crazy!!

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2008, 08:02:30 PM »
70 mph wind here last night, it was pretty crazy.  From midnight until 2 a.m.  Kept my wife and I up and our 6 year old...
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #176 on: January 10, 2008, 09:54:31 AM »
From weather.com

"Strong thunderstorms likely. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds. High 76 deg. Chance of rain 90%."

This is definitely a day to stay inside.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #177 on: January 10, 2008, 10:20:10 AM »
From weather.com

"Strong thunderstorms likely. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds. High 76 deg. Chance of rain 90%."

This is definitely a day to stay inside.

thats a promising forecast for you  :))
today here has been windy and wet in the morning but cleared up and a bit brighter in the afternoon. temp about 40.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2008, 10:04:38 AM »
Combined -2 for the weekend.  :hell-no:
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2008, 10:15:39 AM »
wet weekend here generally, although mild for the time of the year at around 45 F. Anyone got any reports of snow or how cold it is in the New England or Green Bay areas?