Author Topic: How's your weather?  (Read 122427 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Re: How's your weather?
« Reply #240 on: March 06, 2008, 07:10:01 PM »
OMG I dont know how you can live with snow in Columbus and not having a terrible cold and be sick for 3 months, and I was complaining about Ibiza, near Africa.  :bang-head:
honestly I live in Columbus in winter and I will only leave home for work and dance in weekends. I only visit USA during spring and summer, I can not tolerate bad weather, snow, I will probably be sick during alll winter, I am too thin and would be shivering all winter outside home. rain is ok but snow is impossible for me.
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #241 on: March 06, 2008, 07:48:56 PM »
OMG I dont know how you can live with snow in Columbus and not having a terrible cold and be sick for 3 months, and I was complaining about Ibiza, near Africa.  :bang-head:
honestly I live in Columbus in winter and I will only leave home for work and dance in weekends. I only visit USA during spring and summer, I can not tolerate bad weather, snow, I will probably be sick during alll winter, I am too thin and would be shivering all winter outside home. rain is ok but snow is impossible for me.

I've had a cold for 4 days, I'm miserable. But spring is almost here in the midwest!!
Almost time to hit the courts outside!!   :cool:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #242 on: March 06, 2008, 08:01:31 PM »

I've had a cold for 4 days, I'm miserable. But spring is almost here in the midwest!!
Almost time to hit the courts outside!!   :cool:
yeah!!!!!!!!! I am doing countdown til last weekend of march bc we will have central european summer time, and night will begin around 8.30 pm, now night starts around 7.15 pm (1 more hour!!!) and finally we will be abe to enjoy tennis, beaches and more parties with friends... :cool:
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #243 on: March 06, 2008, 09:53:11 PM »

As I said before, I love snow.  We don't get enough of it...........we get more rain then snow kind of mix crap because our low temps. are around freezing.  I almost never get sick.........like maybe once a year or less.......and even less does it knock me out so I have to miss work and what-not. 

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #244 on: March 06, 2008, 09:57:16 PM »
We've had two great days, back to back!!!

low 30s
no wind
plenty of blue sky
...best of all, I'm walking home at 5:45 and the sun is still out!!!  :toot:

Great days with low 30s???? :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:  Heck, that's down right cold to me... nothing to say 'great days' to me...  :))  But I guess if you like cold weather.... :whistle:  I don't, as you probably know by now. :rofl_2:

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #245 on: March 07, 2008, 11:48:46 AM »
Well the snow has begun and we have gotten an inch or 2 in the past hour or so!   :)    It is supposed to snow harder later tonight............I guess the drive home this evening might be crappy, but as long as there isn't horrible traffic then I am not worried at all! 

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #246 on: March 07, 2008, 01:53:50 PM »
It's snowing!!! in north Louisiana. :mad1: All we get is cold wind and grey skies. :mad1: :mad1:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #247 on: March 07, 2008, 06:03:24 PM »

Hey conchita banana, maybe you're not too thin. I'll be a judge of that. Let's see a picture.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1857331/2004gaudio-o.gif

Offline Tennis4you

• Administrator
  • Tennis God
    • Tennis4you
« Reply #248 on: March 08, 2008, 08:00:26 AM »
We got a good 12" of snow last night.  Looks like we are not going anywhere today.  It still continues to snow too.  :)
Good Luck on the Court!!!
Scott Baker
http://www.tennis4you.com

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2008, 08:20:00 AM »
We got a good 12" of snow last night.  Looks like we are not going anywhere today.  It still continues to snow too.  :)

Wow, now that's a good snow!!! Don't worry too much, around this time of year it won't last too long. I wish we would get that much or more, it doesn't bother me in March and gives me more to look forward to in spring.   :)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2008, 01:38:50 PM »

Yeah, many counties (including ours) in the area are on Level 3 Snow Emergency which means that people are not allowed to drive.   All roads are closed.  Remember back in the day when we could decide if we wanted to drive or not!?  This is very weird.   I guess there is no real reason to be out driving but still it would be nice to have the option...........maybe I want to go sledding or something! 

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #251 on: March 08, 2008, 01:58:58 PM »

Yeah, many counties (including ours) in the area are on Level 3 Snow Emergency which means that people are not allowed to drive.   All roads are closed.  Remember back in the day when we could decide if we wanted to drive or not!?  This is very weird.   I guess there is no real reason to be out driving but still it would be nice to have the option...........maybe I want to go sledding or something! 

Not allowed to drive? I never heard of that, especially with only 12". It's time to move somewhere else.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #252 on: March 08, 2008, 02:02:36 PM »

Yeah, many counties (including ours) in the area are on Level 3 Snow Emergency which means that people are not allowed to drive.   All roads are closed.  Remember back in the day when we could decide if we wanted to drive or not!?  This is very weird.   I guess there is no real reason to be out driving but still it would be nice to have the option...........maybe I want to go sledding or something! 

Not allowed to drive? I never heard of that, especially with only 12". It's time to move somewhere else.

Not allowed to drive- wow I've not heard of it being that extreme before- but I think thats probably the best way to go with snow that bad- there's just way too much chance of serious accidents happening if people go out driving.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #253 on: March 08, 2008, 02:19:09 PM »

One more way that the authorities take peoples' responsibility into their hands.  I guess people are just that stupid that they need their own resposibility taken into someone elses hands.  :-o       There were many, many cars and trucks off of the raods yesterday so I guess there is your reason. 

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2008, 06:45:43 PM »
So from out walking in it I would have to guess that we have gotten about 16" to 18" of snow here in the past day and a half.  That is about as hard as we would ever get hit around these parts!   :)) :king:

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2008, 07:56:23 PM »
Where's Dallas?

Shovelling 10" of snow, perhaps...?   :rofl_2:  :hysterical:  so lame   :rofl_2:

Btw, Dallas, unlike you, I've never shovelled snow in my life. That crap is included in the rent/assessment fee.
1995 USO, 1997 USO, 2004 USO, 2005 RG, 2005 USO, 2006 RG, 2006 USO, 2007 USO, 2008 RG, 2008 USO, 2009 USO, 2010 USO, 2011 USO, 2012 USOhttp://www.gifsoup.com/view4/1856936/2005safin-o.gif

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2008, 10:17:13 PM »
Where's Dallas?

Shovelling 10" of snow, perhaps...?   :rofl_2:  :hysterical:  so lame   :rofl_2:

Btw, Dallas, unlike you, I've never shovelled snow in my life. That crap is included in the rent/assessment fee.

Lucky you!  I just saw pictures of people on my local news from up in Scott's area shoveling snow, sliding through streets and more.  Even the people up there said "Enough is enough" :rofl_2:  So much snow!  Oh I would just die if that happened to me. 

Now I have to fly up to Washington when the weather here in Dallas next week will be in the high 60's and 70s! :(  It better not snow in Washington while I'm up there.  I checked the forecast and it's not suppose to.  We will see.

Online Babblelot

• Tennis God
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #257 on: March 12, 2008, 07:33:39 PM »
It's absolutely fantastic! That's right, Dallas, IT'S FANTASTIC!!!

temp  40 F
wind   negligible
skys   clear and blue!
sunset  after 6:30

:gleam:   

Lordy, it won't be long now!!!!!!

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2008, 07:42:22 AM »

One more way that the authorities take peoples' responsibility into their hands.  I guess people are just that stupid that they need their own resposibility taken into someone elses hands.  :-o       There were many, many cars and trucks off of the raods yesterday so I guess there is your reason. 
Ahhhh yes, the dreaded Nanny State.  Sounds like our neighboring state of  Massachussetts.
CONK da ball!!!

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2008, 08:55:38 AM »

Ahhhh yes, the dreaded Nanny State.  Sounds like our neighboring state of  Massachussetts.

Yes, but we get to drive in blizzards.  :ice cream:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)