Author Topic: How's your weather?  (Read 125756 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Re: How's your weather?
« Reply #280 on: April 01, 2008, 09:34:22 PM »
Spring!!!! Finally, in tennis and in life my fav. part of the year!!!
great weather always here, so

SPRING!!!!!! = LOVELY DAY!!!!!!!!!!
[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=2DnUxLISFcA[/youtube]
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #281 on: April 02, 2008, 02:16:40 PM »
I've never played inside.  Is it any different?

Somebody turned the Winter off, and the Spring on.  ;-()
Yesterday it was about 32-35 deg and sprinkling snow. Today it hit 60 and has a tropical feel. A cool tropical feel, but a tropical feel nonetheless.

That's good news, The next 10 days are in the 50's here. We've turned the corner.
I figure in 2-3 weeks I'll be outside playing tennis!!!

Yes, no wind, no sun...........after playing indoor for a while you get spoiled on these things.  Plus, indoor courts usually play faster than outdoor ones. 

Offline DrJ105

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #282 on: April 02, 2008, 02:19:49 PM »
Interesting.  I spend so much time indoors with my work though that part of the fun is being outside in the fresh air and sunshine.

Yesterday it was about 32-35 deg and sprinkling snow. Today it hit 60 and has a tropical feel. A cool tropical feel, but a tropical feel nonetheless.

That's good news, The next 10 days are in the 50's here. We've turned the corner.

Yes, no wind, no sun...........after playing indoor for a while you get spoiled on these things.  Plus, indoor courts usually play faster than outdoor ones. 

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #283 on: April 02, 2008, 02:22:35 PM »
Interesting.  I spend so much time indoors with my work though that part of the fun is being outside in the fresh air and sunshine.

True, but better tennis can be had without those tough conditions!  I like outdoor courts better because the ball plays just slightly slower! 

Offline DrJ105

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #284 on: April 02, 2008, 02:24:20 PM »
Is there a speed difference b/c they tend to use different materials to make the court?

True, but better tennis can be had without those tough conditions!  I like outdoor courts better because the ball plays just slightly slower! 

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #285 on: April 02, 2008, 02:26:46 PM »
Not exactly sure on the materials but Outdoor courts seem to have more grit (I expect so they will handle the weather better) than indoor courts.  Indoor courts seem to have less grit and therefore play faster.   I thought it was just a matter of the paint mix for the final layer as to how much grit it has.    My shoes get torn up faster on outdoor courts than on the indoor courts also. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 02:27:29 PM by OSU Buckeye »

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #286 on: April 03, 2008, 10:31:12 AM »
Ibiza, 21ºC-70ºF, sunny and so hot I feel I am in summer and not spring...too hot
so in just 30 minutes, my first day in the beach  :)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #287 on: April 03, 2008, 11:19:45 AM »
Ibiza, 21ºC-70ºF, sunny and so hot I feel I am in summer and not spring...too hot
so in just 30 minutes, my first day in the beach   :)

Don't rub it in! :rofl_2:  We don't have beaches here in Dallas.   :(

It's 72 right now but later today they said we may be under tornado watches...

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #288 on: April 03, 2008, 04:14:20 PM »
Back to freezing temps here.  :(
More rain/snow combinations for the next day or two. :crying:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #289 on: April 03, 2008, 05:48:08 PM »
Back to freezing temps here.  :(
More rain/snow combinations for the next day or two. :crying:
snow in april in Massachusets!!  :confused1::(

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #290 on: April 03, 2008, 06:04:36 PM »

under tornado watches???  :(what do you do when those horrible conditions happen??? you just stay at home??? I have never experienced in my life a real tornado, only one very small and it was so scary...I hope it's not like hurricane, every summer that I go to the Caribbean there's a hurricane and it's horrible...
you dont have beaches in Dallas but you live in a great city and state! :)
Ibiza is great, but it's too small, 571.04 km² and only 120,000 people in the island, 37,000 in the capital, so it's pretty boring bc everybody knows you and you know everybody, but it's a beautiful island....
now it's the time to enjoy the island til summer, any time other than summer, the whole island is empty of tourists and most clubs are not open (only Pacha is open all year round). The island is still considered to be beautiful, but tourists coming for the night life may be disappointed, though it's arguably a better time to explore and enjoy the island.
The Island of Ibiza has been well-known for its summer club parties in last 25 years which attract millions of tourists, but the island has been working to shed the prevailing "sex-drugs-and-alcohol" image in order to promote more family-oriented tourism. Sadly in summer Spanish, English, French, Italian and German tourists compete to be drunk and to take drugs, really sad, but the clubs are really the best in Spain and perhaps in all Mediterranean sea.
that's the classic song from 1984 that close all the parties here at 6:00 am, People from Ibiza:
[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=fh2zyqbrL1s&feature=related[/youtube]

Offline DrJ105

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #291 on: April 03, 2008, 06:35:03 PM »
Rain.  Today.  Tomorrow.  Saturday.  May have all my tennis rained out this weekend :(.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #292 on: April 07, 2008, 08:24:45 PM »

under tornado watches???  :(what do you do when those horrible conditions happen??? you just stay at home??? I have never experienced in my life a real tornado, only one very small and it was so scary...I hope it's not like hurricane, every summer that I go to the Caribbean there's a hurricane and it's horrible...
you dont have beaches in Dallas but you live in a great city and state! :)
Ibiza is great, but it's too small, 571.04 km² and only 120,000 people in the island, 37,000 in the capital, so it's pretty boring bc everybody knows you and you know everybody, but it's a beautiful island....
now it's the time to enjoy the island til summer, any time other than summer, the whole island is empty of tourists and most clubs are not open (only Pacha is open all year round). The island is still considered to be beautiful, but tourists coming for the night life may be disappointed, though it's arguably a better time to explore and enjoy the island.
The Island of Ibiza has been well-known for its summer club parties in last 25 years which attract millions of tourists, but the island has been working to shed the prevailing "sex-drugs-and-alcohol" image in order to promote more family-oriented tourism. Sadly in summer Spanish, English, French, Italian and German tourists compete to be drunk and to take drugs, really sad, but the clubs are really the best in Spain and perhaps in all Mediterranean sea.
that's the classic song from 1984 that close all the parties here at 6:00 am, People from Ibiza:
[youtube]http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=fh2zyqbrL1s&feature=related[/youtube]

Nah, we're to inland to have hurricanes.  By the time they get to us, it's just a thunderstorm.  Tornadoes are a way of life, but so far we have been lucky where I live.  Thank God!!!!

I do wish we had beaches, but I guess everyone can't have everything....
 :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #293 on: April 08, 2008, 12:22:15 AM »
Although we are now well into April we had a fair bit of snow on Sunday followed by hale and sleet  :\
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #294 on: April 08, 2008, 12:25:54 AM »
Although we are now well into April we had a fair bit of snow on Sunday followed by hale and sleet  :\

Same...european weather is horrible. Were getting better now though, the weather forecasts are hopefull
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #295 on: April 08, 2008, 01:22:10 PM »
Dang, we are sunny and in the 70's these past 2 days!  I am sweating and getting sunburn!   :(

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #296 on: April 08, 2008, 01:25:13 PM »
48 deg here. But the sun is out.
Maybe we'll be getting that in a couple days.  ://

An ambition fulfilled

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #297 on: April 08, 2008, 07:32:58 PM »

Man, that's cold.  Here it is - April - and you guys are still not reaching 50 degrees! :scared:  Keep me in Texas. ://

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #298 on: April 08, 2008, 07:45:38 PM »

Man, that's cold.  Here it is - April - and you guys are still not reaching 50 degrees! :scared:  Keep me in Texas. ://

Take me to Texas!  ://

An ambition fulfilled

Online Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #299 on: April 08, 2008, 07:48:23 PM »
41 deg and drizzling  :(
Worse than that, Sunday was sunny and in the 60's. I couldn't get anyone to play tennis.  :mad1: