Author Topic: The 'Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker-Roddick' Fan Thread  (Read 57985 times)

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
Re: QUOTES ON, ABOUT, AND FROM ANDY RODDICK
« Reply #340 on: March 17, 2009, 12:42:14 PM »
I read that Andy was throwing around some M**F** words around during the match, directed at Koelleer.   :\ 

Was that what happened?  When they showed a picture of Koelleer at Roger's match, he was smiling, and the announcer said something like "well, he wasn't smiling during the incident in the Roddick match"...or something like that.  So...since I didn't see his match with Roddick, what did happen?  Did they not get along or something? :confused1:

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #341 on: March 17, 2009, 12:51:25 PM »
I read that Andy was throwing around some M**F** words around during the match, directed at Koelleer.   :\ 

Was that what happened?  When they showed a picture of Koelleer at Roger's match, he was smiling, and the announcer said something like "well, he wasn't smiling during the incident in the Roddick match"...or something like that.  So...since I didn't see his match with Roddick, what did happen?  Did they not get along or something? :confused1:

Sounds like classy tennis  ..-) . I didn't watch and I'm glad I didn't.  I'll wait for the quarters.

From tennis-X:
Roddick Blasts Opponent Off Court with Forehands, Obscenities at Indian Wells

When Andy Roddick let out a “Yeah!” followed by a “F**k you!” in the direction of opponent Daniel Koellerer during the second-set tiebreak (in full view of Tennis Channel viewers), it was apparent the Austrian agitator had gotten under the American’s skin.

Roddick went on to defeat Koellerer 6-1, 7-6 on Sunday night to advance into the third round of the ATP Masters stop in Indian Wells, where he will next face unseeded German veteran Nicolas Kiefer.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #342 on: March 17, 2009, 01:04:33 PM »
Wow... sometimes those things make me cringe when trying to pull for Roddick on court.  Now in the interviews, he's fantastic...but his on-court behavior is hard to take sometimes - particularly when he plays lower ranked players.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #343 on: March 17, 2009, 03:55:27 PM »

Only once but that was at MP. But Koellerer had been taunting Andy the entire match. I'm surprised he controlled himself for that long.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #344 on: March 17, 2009, 04:00:25 PM »
Wow... sometimes those things make me cringe when trying to pull for Roddick on court.  Now in the interviews, he's fantastic...but his on-court behavior is hard to take sometimes - particularly when he plays lower ranked players.

Y'all make it sound like Andy was bullying this little angel. :rofl_2: No, this dude is NOT innocent. A few years ago, about 100 players signed a petition to get him banned from the challenger tour because of his behavior. Think of Stepanek, Kiefer, and Coria and add in the worst of Andy and Djokovic and that's Koellerer.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #345 on: March 17, 2009, 04:05:56 PM »
I am copying and pasting this info from his thread on MTF. And this was just the first page :scared::

He swears constantly (at himself, his opponent, the officials, the crowd), throws his racquet like no one's business, and even got in a fist fight with one of the bigger *******s around, Federico Luzzi.

He tries to irritate the opponent all the time by imitating him, insulting him, etc. He insults the crowd, the ball-boys, TD's. I saw him even try to change the (manual) score of a match in a challenger a few weeks ago. Italian player Federico Luzzi got a 3-month suspension for punching him in the face after a match.

Tomas Behrend on Koellerer : He plays the dirtiest game in the history of tennis "

He was playing my MATEJ BOCKO... and acted like a complete ass. He threatened to hit a cameraman with his racquet because taking the pictures was making too much noise
Then he told the fans to shut up. He got mad at the umpire for defending the cameraman, and told him to f@#$ off.
The bad part is.... most of this happened with him winning like 6-3 5-1. He's a jerk.

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #346 on: March 17, 2009, 04:34:06 PM »
Dirt plays Dirt, evidently.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
« Reply #347 on: March 17, 2009, 05:00:41 PM »
Well, I don't think either player is all "innocent"... :innocent:

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #348 on: March 17, 2009, 06:49:21 PM »
I was just giving you both sides of the story. Andy didn't react like that for no reason. ;-() There was a very obvious instigator and he got what he deserved. Can't wait to see another between them. :))

Offline yellowball

• Tennis God
  • He's definitely back!
« Reply #349 on: March 17, 2009, 09:01:02 PM »
I am copying and pasting this info from his thread on MTF. And this was just the first page :scared::

He swears constantly (at himself, his opponent, the officials, the crowd), throws his racquet like no one's business, and even got in a fist fight with one of the bigger *******s around, Federico Luzzi.

He tries to irritate the opponent all the time by imitating him, insulting him, etc. He insults the crowd, the ball-boys, TD's. I saw him even try to change the (manual) score of a match in a challenger a few weeks ago. Italian player Federico Luzzi got a 3-month suspension for punching him in the face after a match.

Tomas Behrend on Koellerer : He plays the dirtiest game in the history of tennis "

He was playing my MATEJ BOCKO... and acted like a complete ass. He threatened to hit a cameraman with his racquet because taking the pictures was making too much noise
Then he told the fans to shut up. He got mad at the umpire for defending the cameraman, and told him to f@#$ off.
The bad part is.... most of this happened with him winning like 6-3 5-1. He's a jerk.

Wow. I didn't even know who he was, don't thnk I'd ever even heard his name. I'm sure Andy would be the guy that could take him down, for sure.

Makes me think about those "Dirty Mouth... Clean It Up" commercials.  :))

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #350 on: March 21, 2009, 12:36:19 AM »

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #351 on: March 21, 2009, 12:36:45 AM »