Author Topic: The 'Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker-Roddick' Fan Thread  (Read 66384 times)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
Re: Quotes on, about, and from Andy Roddick
« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2008, 12:53:52 PM »
Andy's March blog... oh my god.. the last paragraph. :rofl_2:

Howdy howdy from Dubai . They don’t exactly know what I am saying here when I say howdy…ha ha

So I walk into Doug and John’s room here in Dubai on the first morning we get here, and see John watching camel races on tv……

Dubai is pretty amazing. I guess that 20 percent of the building cranes in the world are currently in Dubai ! I was skeptical of that stat before I got here, but I am a believer now…. the whole city is under huge construction… it’s gonna be amazing to see what it’s like here in 10 years.

We are staying at the only 7 star hotel in the world here… they made an exception for us, because at this lunch place you are only supposed to wear nice pants and a collared shirt… fortunately they let us pass with jeans… none of us even travels with nice pants.. oops

San Jose was fun…as you might have seen on the SAP diary vids, my buddy Dillon cruised with us that week… its always nice to have people from home join us for a bit… if you have not seen the diary vids yet, they are worth checking out … some funny parts

Some really exciting news … I am in the process of setting up an official Facebook page to better communicate with all of you!! It should be fun and I can even check in from airports and stuff from the road… We’ll let you know when it’s up, and I will try to check in a bunch more!!

The democratic election has been a lot of fun to follow…. regardless of who one votes for it has been a blast to read about and follow… I am hoping the actual presidential election will be just as much fun!

So does everyone remember how I gave myself fine of the week last year in Memphis because I did my business in ladies bathroom at Ruth Chris steakhouse on accident and never realized it until a lady calmly walked past me and out the door as if me washing my hands there was just completely normal?

Ok so fast-forward to this year…. you all would be proud to know that I made it to the correct gender bathroom this time, but had a bit of an awkward experience. We went to Ruth Chris after my match against Mardy and there was some of the tennis crowd there from the tournament. I signed a couple of things before I sat down and it wasn’t a big deal….so I am on my way into the bathroom and an overzealous lady-fan who may (definitely) have had a couple of drinks sees me go in and decides to follow. So she sticks her head in the door and asks for an autograph while I am in the middle of it…. I told her I would see her in just a second when I was finished and she said okay and just stood there… it wasn’t until another dude walked in that she realized she had made things a tiny bit weird…. so she is still waiting when I am done and she takes a picture and asks if I will come say hi to her group of twelve friends that went to the match and are now having a birthday celebration dinner…. sensing that they might have been having a little more fun than the rest of the restaurant combined, I politely declined…. this is funny enough by itself I guess…. so when we are close to finishing our meal, another possibly intoxicated lady comes up to our table and asks me to sign her program….. she also then lets us in on the secret that the bathroom lady had forgotten to ask me about an autograph with the picture and thought it would be sufficient to just write my name down and tell her friends she got it…….wall!!!!!!!

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2008, 01:01:24 PM »
Instead of writing that article, Werthiem could have become a youtube sensation if he had just done a Tyra Banks and said this:

"Andy, I'm extremely disappoined in you. This is a joke to you. You go over there and you joke and you laugh. This is serious. Do you know all of America is sitting here rooting for you, and you treat this like a joke? Be quiet Andy, be quiet.. what is wrong with you?? STOP IT!!!!!

I have never in my life yelled like this! When my mother yells at me it's because she loves me! I was rooting for, we were all rooting for you!! How dare you?!?!?! Learn something from this. When you go to bed, you lay there, and you take responsibility for yourself. Because nobody is gonna take responsibility for you.

You're rolling your eyes because you're acting like you've heard it all before. You don't know where the hell I've come from, you don't know where the hell I've been from. But I'm not a victim because I grow from it and I learn. Take responsibility for yourself."

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ujj_sGzNbtQ&feature=related[/youtube]

LMAOOO!!!!!! BGT you are so crazy... I can't believe you put this up.lmao...
I was reading the message before the video and I'm like "I've heard this before...but where?" lmao. awesome.
Be the change that you seek.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2008, 01:14:26 PM »
When I read Werthiem's column, that video of Tyra was the first thing I thought of. Oh, I sent this in to Werthiem's mailbag. :)

After reading your article 'calling' out Andy Roddick's recent behavior, I'm interested to read your opinions on the following. You claim Andy barely signs autgraphs anymore, but it was observed by attending fans that after his match with Sampras Monday night in New York City, Roger Federer snubbed some children who were waiting for him, pens and paper in tow. You also discuss Roddick showing up hungover to the reverse singles matches after celebrating the Bryans clincing the championship in the Davis Cup final last year, forcing the twins to play the dead rubbers. But after the doubles team clinched the first round tie against Romania, Richard Gasquet and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga partied hard with go-go dancers that night in a club. They most likely had not recuperated from the previous evening's activities when it was time for them to play the reverse singles that Sunday. The French doubles team, as well, played the dead rubbers against Romania. I know you are a fair and unbiased journalist, as well as a well respected sports writer, so I know you'll do what's right. I'm genuinely intrigued to know what you think about this.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2008, 09:14:44 PM »
:yahoo: Andy's official Facebook page is up!!! Take a peek. Andy has a lot of pics he took in Dubai on there. What a gorgeous hotel!! It's like a normal Facebook page, he updates everything himself and takes time to respond to the fans. He even updates on where he is and what he's doing. Like today he wrote:

In austin for the day... have to switch out my bags. i thought i was only gonna be on the road for a week, but then i took the wildcard in memphis, so a weeks worth of clothes was made into 3 weeks... laundry day!! and maybe a little golf:)

Hope he keeps up with this. :thumbs-up:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Andy-Roddick/9045547922

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2008, 01:10:49 AM »
BGT, your avi is Benneteau and Llodra???  :confused1:
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2008, 02:23:07 AM »
Roddick set to skip Olympics for US event

AFP

US star Andy Roddick will skip the Beijing Olympics in August to defend his crown at the ATP Washington Classic two weeks before the US Open.

Roddick will bring star power to the only event on the men's tennis tour that conflicts with the high-profile showdown for Olympic gold in China.

Roddick has decided to remain in the United States to better prepare for the US Open, the year's final Grand Slam tournament that starts in New York on August 25, the day after the Olympics conclude in Beijing.

“My goal every summer is to win the US Open,” said Roddick. “I have won the Legg Mason Tennis Classic three times and feel defending my title in Washington best prepares me for another Grand Slam title.”

Sixth-ranked Roddick captured the ATP title in Dubai last weekend with victories over Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic and reigning French Open champion Rafael Nadal in the run.

Roddick defeated big-serving US wild card John Isner in last year's Washington final.

The Olympic tournament and Washington's event are both set to be played on the week starting Monday, August 11.

With Roddick's absence, ninth-ranked James Blake is the top-rated American in line to play for Beijing Olympic singles gold.

AFP

--------------

(Beijing is hardcourts, decoturf, like Flushing Meadows, dont really undrstand the move except he wants to defend title in a very weak event, sad)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2008, 10:29:59 AM »
BGT, your avi is Benneteau and Llodra???  :confused1:

Yes, it is from when they won Las Vegas this weekend. I just thought it was a funny picture so I asked wilsonboy to size it for me. :)

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2008, 11:11:15 AM »
Well, Jon Werthiem did not answer my question in his mailbag this week, but he did sort of reference it in the end. ;-()

The Andy Roddick Fairness Doctrine mandates that, after last week's hit piece, we link this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/photo;_ylt=AstGM6Ebyu6SfCbwkfOFhpw4v7YF?slug=9c34d70f838ca178e686aacffd7a4d31-getty-tennis-atp-dubai-roddick&prov=getty

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2008, 12:46:04 PM »
Hi BGT,  :)

I'm back and looked at all the above. The bottom line for me is that I don't care at all about what Andy does off court, only that he plays a decent game and behaves in a sportsmanlike manner on court. It's good to see that he's been successful there in the last week. Well, I'll get to see him at the Legg Mason it seems although there will be little competition. I'll be more interested to see the younger players. Last year, I did get to see Korolev for the first time. I'm sure that SFX who run the tournament and who are Andy's management team exerted pressure, pecuniary or otherwise to get him to enter. The China environment had nothing to do with it.

...and big congratulations on the 3Gs.  :))

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2008, 12:57:50 PM »
If you go again this year, get Korolev's autograph, and then mail it to me. :)

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2008, 01:27:36 PM »

...might have a job getting close enough with all the fans. :cool:

On one occasion, I saw him shirtless, hitting with Thomas Blake. Looked rather like he does in your photo. There was some irony :\  in that as it was not long after the big fuss in Las Vegas. Goes to show that the press does pump up a lot of the supposed animosities between players and their teams. Blake was there, even though brother James was not, presumably doing the job for money.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2008, 03:19:56 PM »

On one occasion, I saw him shirtless, hitting with Thomas Blake. Looked rather like he does in your photo. There was some irony :\  in that as it was not long after the big fuss in Las Vegas. Goes to show that the press does pump up a lot of the supposed animosities between players and their teams. Blake was there, even though brother James was not, presumably doing the job for money.

Is he that popular? I saw somewhere that he said it wasn't a big deal and he and James were cool. James even wished him good luck after it all happened.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
    • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2008, 03:33:55 PM »

Is he that popular? I saw somewhere that he said it wasn't a big deal and he and James were cool. James even wished him good luck after it all happened.

his style is similar to Blake`s style. they both play a high risk game and just knock the cover off the ball off both wings. if it comes back, they just hit even harder.

Offline kickserve

• Tennis God
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2008, 05:19:14 PM »
Full article on Roddick's decision not to play the Olympics:

Andy Roddick will not compete at this year's Olympics in Beijing as the world number six wants to instead defend his Legg Mason Classic title in Washington.
Both events will be held from 11-17 August and the American believes staying on home soil will be better preparation for the US Open.

"My goal every summer is to win the US Open," said the 25-year-old.

"I've won the Classic three times and defending my title best prepares me for another grand slam."

Roddick has enjoyed a relatively successful start to the season. He won his 25th career title last week - his second of the year - with a 6-7 (8-10) 6-4 6-2 victory over Spaniard Feliciano Lopez in the final of the Dubai Championships.

Flushing Meadows is the scene of Roddick's only grand slam success, back in 2003, and the former world number one is eager to taste glory again at this year's US Open, which will be held from 25 August - 7 September.

Roddick has won in Washington in 2001, 2005 and 2007. He beat compatriot John Isner 6-4 7-6 in last year's final.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think many other top players will follow his lead, and I would question his logic: there wont be much top-level competition which he will need to beat in Washington. I think he'd be better off having a decent crack in Beijing, where the big names don't care and could be vulnerable, allowing him to possibly get a confidence-boosting win over one of the big-3.

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2008, 05:55:27 PM »
Full article on Roddick's decision not to play the Olympics:

Andy Roddick will not compete at this year's Olympics in Beijing as the world number six wants to instead defend his Legg Mason Classic title in Washington.
Both events will be held from 11-17 August and the American believes staying on home soil will be better preparation for the US Open.

"My goal every summer is to win the US Open," said the 25-year-old.

"I've won the Classic three times and defending my title best prepares me for another grand slam."

Roddick has enjoyed a relatively successful start to the season. He won his 25th career title last week - his second of the year - with a 6-7 (8-10) 6-4 6-2 victory over Spaniard Feliciano Lopez in the final of the Dubai Championships.

Flushing Meadows is the scene of Roddick's only grand slam success, back in 2003, and the former world number one is eager to taste glory again at this year's US Open, which will be held from 25 August - 7 September.

Roddick has won in Washington in 2001, 2005 and 2007. He beat compatriot John Isner 6-4 7-6 in last year's final.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think many other top players will follow his lead, and I would question his logic: there wont be much top-level competition which he will need to beat in Washington. I think he'd be better off having a decent crack in Beijing, where the big names don't care and could be vulnerable, allowing him to possibly get a confidence-boosting win over one of the big-3.

kickers, it's all money $$$$ (see above)  ..-) . There will be very little competition here. Last year, it was so clear that Isner didn't stand a chance that I didn't even go to the final because of the parking complications and the need to arrive early. Besides I had seen enough of big serve tie-breaks from both parties. But, I still plan on going this year as (again see above) it is good to see some  of the new younger players in the early rounds. Small southern town Washington still survives at the Legg Mason.  :(

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2008, 08:44:01 PM »
When I read Werthiem's column, that video of Tyra was the first thing I thought of. Oh, I sent this in to Werthiem's mailbag. :)

After reading your article 'calling' out Andy Roddick's recent behavior, I'm interested to read your opinions on the following. You claim Andy barely signs autgraphs anymore, but it was observed by attending fans that after his match with Sampras Monday night in New York City, Roger Federer snubbed some children who were waiting for him, pens and paper in tow. You also discuss Roddick showing up hungover to the reverse singles matches after celebrating the Bryans clincing the championship in the Davis Cup final last year, forcing the twins to play the dead rubbers. But after the doubles team clinched the first round tie against Romania, Richard Gasquet and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga partied hard with go-go dancers that night in a club. They most likely had not recuperated from the previous evening's activities when it was time for them to play the reverse singles that Sunday. The French doubles team, as well, played the dead rubbers against Romania. I know you are a fair and unbiased journalist, as well as a well respected sports writer, so I know you'll do what's right. I'm genuinely intrigued to know what you think about this.

I don't really have to take up for Roger, but this was reported over on the SI.com site regarding Roger and autographs - which would contridict what was said above:

For all the (true, if trite) talk about how "tennis was the winner," I left thinking the real winner was ... Sampras. Sure, Federer won the match. But the outcome revived, not euthanized, the Greatest Ever debate. Sure, Federer was likable and composed, conceding points after bad calls and saying all the right things and sprinting back onto the court ten minutes after the awards ceremonies to sign autographs. But we knew that already. Sure, he hit some sick winners. But what else would you expect from the guy who's won 11 of the last 17 majors?

So he did sign autogarphs. :)~

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2008, 05:02:25 PM »
Here's a few quotes from his first IW press conference about the Olympics.

Q. I saw this week that you decided not to play in the Olympics this year.
ANDY RODDICK: Ummm.

Q. Knowing how much your country means and the Davis Cup, how difficult was that a decision to arrive at?
ANDY RODDICK: It was tough. Thankfully I've gotten to go through the Olympic experience once, which I think is huge for any athlete. But when kind of working out my schedule, you know, it's kind of down to the decision, do you go there and try to wing it at the Olympics and, you know, deal with everything that goes along with it? It's pretty hectic. And tennis players, it's -- a lot of it's out of your control as far as, you know, it's not our normal tournament, per se.
You go kind of deal with all that, or, you know, is winning the US Open or trying to put together a run there the priority. This time I decided that that was the priority. And I don't know if switching time zones from completely different, you know, time zones for two weeks and then come back and have four days and then you're starting US Open, I don't know if that was the best preparation.
That being said, it wasn't an easy decision, even considering all of that.

Q. When it came time for scheduling, how would the schedule have worked for you to play both the Olympics and the US Open? That's pretty brutal.
ANDY RODDICK: I don't think there are enough weeks in the year to play all the tournaments we do play not in an Olympic year. We play the longest schedule and most consistent schedule when you're not dealing with the biggest sporting event in the world, so I'm not going to sit here and try to come up with a schedule that would be great for everyone.
RENNAE STUBBS: I'm trying to do an interview in there. Can you keep it down.
ANDY RODDICK: Can I keep it down? Wow. I don't know if there are enough weeks, and it's just -- it's just tough that it comes before probably the biggest event in my year.

Here is a video and transcript of a back and forth between Andy and some psycho lady. :rofl_2:

Q. Andy, what is going on, if you don't mind, in the love department? You know, you've got all these pretty little kitty girls in the tennis skirts and they're going to come and oogle and ogle you and give you the little winky.
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah! Woo!

Q. Is it any fun? It's like you got to respect the athlete.
ANDY RODDICK: God, you need to come around more often. This is fun! Jesus.

Q. The girls are here for something.
ANDY RODDICK: I finally have somebody more hyperactive than I am. Unbelievable. What did you eat for breakfast? (Laughter.)
Q. My mother cooked breakfast for me.
ANDY RODDICK: Did she wear one of those cutey little tennis skirts too when she was cooking those eggs this morning? I don't even know what you asked.

Q. I asked what's up in the love department? What's going on now with the career and the profession, you've got, as far as time zones are concerned --
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah.

Q. -- do you make time for love?
ANDY RODDICK: I'm all about the love. (Laughter.) I love everybody. I'm falling in love with you as we speak.

Q. You're wonderful. Thank you for being here.
ANDY RODDICK: You're awesome.

Q. Yeah, I know. On behalf of myself and all the young girls --
ANDY RODDICK: Thank you.

Q. -- we have a crush on you. We adore your performances here.
ANDY RODDICK: Thank you. I will never forget this moment.

http://www.tennis.com/media/video/player_interviews.aspx?bctid=1457734382

Offline wilsonboy

• Tennis God
  • Jesus Christ is Lord
« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2008, 05:12:15 PM »
That was so funny... that I forgot to laugh... ;P
Be the change that you seek.

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2008, 01:32:43 PM »
His latest posts from his Facebook page.

March 20

hey all... back in austin getting ready to head to the practice courts. took a couple of days off just cause it has been non-stop since before austria, and needed to let my body have a couple days to recover.... i am completely obsessed with the NCAA tourney and have been watching the games all mroning. john is fired up about UGA making a run. i will be here till sunday evening then i head to new york for an appearance for lactoste on monday... i think i might have a hit with captain mcenroe tuesday morning and then head to miami.... thats about it from this end... i have also been going crazy watching mardy and james on the live scoring. it's nervewracking!!! i dont know how you all do it :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 16 at 9:46pm

wow! carly really sorry u got robbed. i hope u are physically ok... that takes my bad day by a long shot... best of luck the rest of the way

hey all... well had one of those bad days today. unfortunately that is part of sports. if u want to enjoy the good times like a davis cup or dubai, then u have to be able to accept tournaments like this one and move on. i did not feel like i hit the ball too badly, but did not bare down on the points i needed to today... i feel a little beat up physically, so maybe the extra time to workout and get healthy will be good before miami and 2nd round davis cup.... i am gonna try to get back to austin with the whole team to get a good strong week of training in which i haven't been able to do for 5-6 days in a row since before australia........ as always thanks for your support, and i will be back out there in no time.... talk to u all soon!

------------------------------------------------------

off to practice with davydenko.... i am excited to start it up tomorrow. have been sitting around too much. haas is a very tough first round but i feel like i am playing well so i am looking forward to it...

------------------------------------------------------

hey all! i cant believe how many friends i have here now... last i checked it was 200 and now we are closing in on 1500... pretty cool. so we came out to cali yesterday (wed) and had a hit in the afternoon with fishy,, had some dinner with his crew last night also.. things are going well, and the weather is about perfect. i dont have internet in my room unfortunately but i will try to check in when i can... i am at lunch right now and they have it :) anyways, thats about it. i think it looks like i am gonna start sunday....... see ya

Offline BGT

• Tennis God
  • ALLEZ LES BLEUS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2008, 01:32:31 AM »
More press conference notables!!

Q. So are press conferences more fun or more of a pain in the neck for you?
ANDY RODDICK: Oh, gosh, it really depends on what kind of mood I’m in. Haven’t you heard? You just don’t know. You don’t know what you’re going to get.

Ready for some laughs then? Well read on, and look out for arguably the weirdest exchange you will ever read in a press conference!

KOOYONG

I don’t come to Australia to play tennis in air conditioning. – Andy on why the roof should be left open at the Australian Open.
AUSTRALIAN OPEN

Q. Do you enjoy those scramble points?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, when I win them.
ANDY RODDICK: Mardy is the old man in the group now. He goes to bed at 9:00 and wakes up at 5:00 in the morning and he’s engaged. You know, so it’s Grandpa Fish.
ANDY RODDICK If you don’t want like an emotional rollercoaster, if you want to be serene and kind of chilled out all day, then get a job serving Margaritas at the beach or something.
DAVIS CUP VS AUSTRIA

Q. Do you keep your guys concentrated? They must be watching TV all the time: First Super Bowl and Super Tuesday?
CAPTAIN McENROE: It’s good, keeps us busy when we’re back in the hotel. As long as they come on the court and concentrated, that’s all I care about.
ANDY RODDICK: We don’t play football, and I don’t think any of us are running for office any time soon.
CAPTAIN McENROE: You should, you should consider that.
ANDY RODDICK: I’m good. I’m politically correct. Never say anything bad, so, I’d be a good politician.
Q. How do you feel about drop shots?
ANDY RODDICK: I just wish I could hit one.
INDIAN WELLS

Q. The story about you and Jimmy splitting came the day or right around your victory in Dubai, and I’ve only seen stuff on the wires. Are you making comments on it? Has it affected you mentally? Do you have a new coach? Obviously you’ve changed coaches over the years. Is this just another change?
ANDY RODDICK: That’s a lot to process (Laughter.)
ANDY RODDICK: Which part of that do you want me to go for?
Q. This isn’t a flip question, Andy, but good to be home next weekend for the start of the NCAAs?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, it’s good to be pretty much anywhere where you can watch the games. I love March Madness, and this press conference is interrupting the selection show right now, so I’m going to have to get back to that momentarily. I’m going to have short answers from here on out.
I said I wouldn’t complain anymore, but I really, really, really want to. – Andy on losing a match on a netcord.
And finally, a priceless exchange at an Indian Wells press conference, word has it this lady was swiftly removed and credentials removed – shame.

“Q. Andy, what is going on, if you don’t mind, in the love department? You know, you’ve got all these pretty little kitty girls in the tennis skirts and they’re going to come and oogle and ogle you and give you the little winky.
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah! Woo!
Q. Is it any fun? It’s like you got to respect the athlete.
ANDY RODDICK: God, you need to come around more often. This is fun! Jesus.
Q. The girls are here for something.
ANDY RODDICK: I finally have somebody more hyperactive than I am. Unbelievable. What did you eat for breakfast? (Laughter.)
Q. My mother cooked breakfast for me.
ANDY RODDICK: Did she wear one of those cutey little tennis skirts too when she was cooking those eggs this morning? I don’t even know what you asked.
Q. I asked what’s up in the love department? What’s going on now with the career and the profession, you’ve got, as far as time zones are concerned
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah.
Q. Do you make time for love?
ANDY RODDICK: I’m all about the love. (Laughter.) I love everybody. I’m falling in love with you as we speak.
Q. You’re wonderful. Thank you for being here.
ANDY RODDICK: You’re awesome.
Q. Yeah, I know. On behalf of myself and all the young girls…
ANDY RODDICK: Thank you.
Q. We have a crush on you. We adore your performances here.
ANDY RODDICK: Thank you. I will never forget this moment. “

…..And a day later, Andy’s thoughts on the exchange were:

Q. Weirdest press conference ever?
ANDY RODDICK: Weirdest press conference ever?
Q. I know there’s been some.
ANDY RODDICK: I think you’re asking the right guy for that one. (laughter.)
You know, I have trouble generalizing that as a whole, because the English ones are pretty good sometimes. They got some good press conferences over there. That was just kind of one question that lasted forever. Weirdest question, I’ll go with that. I’m still on the fence about weirdest press conference, though.