Author Topic: Highlights: Ivanovic vs. Kuznetsova YEC 2007  (Read 3496 times)

Offline allCourt

• Tennis Player
Highlights: Ivanovic vs. Kuznetsova YEC 2007
« on: December 09, 2007, 06:05:55 PM »
Hello guys,
I happened to have the full match and inspired by pawan's
recent efforts (and needing to make space on my hard drive),
I have made highlights of it. The quality is not the best, but it's
ok. Enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9VLWBUAQ

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
Re: Highlights: Ivanovic vs. Kuznetsova YEC 2007
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 06:28:28 PM »
Hello guys,
ok. Enjoy!

:rofl_2: thanks for the highlights, glad my efforts are inspring others. what are you using to amke the highlgihts?

Offline MA7AME7O

• Tennis Player
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 04:10:21 AM »
Thnx alot
Apperciated
:)
sorry guys for my poor english
:Blush:

Offline allCourt

• Tennis Player
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 02:02:05 PM »
Hello guys,
ok. Enjoy!

:rofl_2: thanks for the highlights, glad my efforts are inspring others. what are you using to amke the highlgihts?

I used Solveig Video Splitter (evaluation version). I actually like the interface - really
easy to use, just use markers to split the video into segments and decide which segments
you want to keep, then click a button to join all the kept segments at the end. But the major
thing i don't like is that the (actual editable) frames are quite unevenly spaced, so sometimes
i have to include/cut some bits that I don't want to. But I'm guessing that's the same with other
editors and depends on the quality of the input file?

What do you use?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 02:04:23 PM by allCourt »

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 02:38:25 PM »
Hello guys,
ok. Enjoy!

I used Solveig Video Splitter (evaluation version). I actually like the interface - really
easy to use, just use markers to split the video into segments and decide which segments
you want to keep, then click a button to join all the kept segments at the end. But the major
thing i don't like is that the (actual editable) frames are quite unevenly spaced, so sometimes
i have to include/cut some bits that I don't want to. But I'm guessing that's the same with other

What do you use?

Sony's Vegas Video is not like that. The video is shown on a timeline (like on an audio editor) and you can make copies, cuts, splits, and watch them in real time. The problem is it's expensive....  :innocent:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline allCourt

• Tennis Player
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »

What do you use?

Sony's Vegas Video is not like that. The video is shown on a timeline (like on an audio editor) and you can make copies, cuts, splits, and watch them in real time. The problem is it's expensive....  :innocent:

:)) yes, that is a big problem.  :))

In Video Splitter, there's a time bar, and you place the markers on it (while watching
the video). so essentially, you can cut and split in real time (there is a button that creates the
result so far and writes it out to video file which can then be opened - i guess strictly speaking it's
not creating the output in real time - but I don't think I would need it to be real time in this sense anyway).

The problem is there are buttons to play the video "frame by frame", but the "frames" don't correspond
to the actual individual frames of the video, but just seem to be arbitarily spaced points in the video,
and markers can only be placed at these points (even though it doesn't look like it when you, say, pause the video at the actual required frame of the video, then try to place a marker at this exact frame, the marker is actually
placed at the nearest of these "frame points" which could be further away than you would expect).

Hope that made sense.

Does that sort of problem with edit points that are too far apart not occur in Vegas Video, or
any other editors?

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 09:25:42 PM »

What do you use?

:)) yes, that is a big problem.  :))

In Video Splitter, there's a time bar, and you place the markers on it (while watching
the video). so essentially, you can cut and split in real time (there is a button that creates the
result so far and writes it out to video file which can then be opened - i guess strictly speaking it's
not creating the output in real time - but I don't think I would need it to be real time in this sense anyway).

The problem is there are buttons to play the video "frame by frame", but the "frames" don't correspond
to the actual individual frames of the video, but just seem to be arbitarily spaced points in the video,
and markers can only be placed at these points (even though it doesn't look like it when you, say, pause the video at the actual required frame of the video, then try to place a marker at this exact frame, the marker is actually
placed at the nearest of these "frame points" which could be further away than you would expect).

Hope that made sense.

Does that sort of problem with edit points that are too far apart not occur in Vegas Video, or
any other editors?

i'm using the same solveig. and you are right, even though it pauses where you want it to and add's that frame, its actually a little above or below what and where you want it. but I thiought it was ok cuz its only like.. at times most of the times only a fraction of a second away from where i cllick stop or start, so often its not even noticeable, but sometimes it is noticeable. eh what can you do right? i am not paying a ton for Sony high end stuff.
I heard windoes movie maker does something like sony but i tried it once and didn't get the hang of it (ok i'll be honest i didnt really spend the time to look into it) but what it did was as soon as i opened the files it 'burst' (maybe that term only applies to splitting pdf.s but thats what it did) the vidoe into million tiny frames. not million but a lot. so then you can add and mix frames as you like. i might look into it more.. .but seeing how its a windows product.. tis probably like dedicated to WIMP and can only edit wmv and asf files - both of which i would rather not deal with. i like to keep it all in avi. and i will probably need like avi codecs for WIMP and it still might not work... whatever I'll give it a shot.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 09:38:49 PM »

i'm using the same solveig. and you are right, even though it pauses where you want it to and add's that frame, its actually a little above or below what and where you want it. but I thiought it was ok cuz its only like.. at times most of the times only a fraction of a second away from where i cllick stop or start, so often its not even noticeable, but sometimes it is noticeable. eh what can you do right? i am not paying a ton for Sony high end stuff.
I heard windoes movie maker does something like sony but i tried it once and didn't get the hang of it (ok i'll be honest i didnt really spend the time to look into it) but what it did was as soon as i opened the files it 'burst' (maybe that term only applies to splitting pdf.s but thats what it did) the vidoe into million tiny frames. not million but a lot. so then you can add and mix frames as you like. i might look into it more.. .but seeing how its a windows product.. tis probably like dedicated to WIMP and can only edit wmv and asf files - both of which i would rather not deal with. i like to keep it all in avi. and i will probably need like avi codecs for WIMP and it still might not work... whatever I'll give it a shot.

I'm going to take a wild stab at what it's doing there. My guess is it's creating a small frame for each camera cut. Everytime the match goes from one camera to another or to a wide shot, or to the announcing team, it creates a frame for that bit, then when the camera changes it create a new bit. I have Pinnacle video capturing software that does that same thing. Fortunatly it only shows the bits, but creates only one file from the capture. I use Vegas to do my editing as it's easier and more robust.
It's interesting you mention that you can never get quite the right tick when choosing a spot to edit. My first experience with Vegas Video was when it was a Sound Forge product called VideoFactory. Sound Forge was bought by Sony and VideoFactory was integrated into Vegas. But Vegas does non allow editing down to less than something like a tenth of a second while VideoFactory had no limitations like that. Still a tenth of a second is more than enough to choose a frame.
Maybe your software works like Virtual Dub. With Vitural Dub you can use the scroll bar at the bottom to get close to the spot you want to work with then use the left or right arrow keys to fine tune that spot.
BTW I seriously doubt Microsoft would not allow you to save into the most basic of video files such as mpg1 or avi. I0 do doubt that it woould feature either xvid or divx codecs though.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 09:41:16 PM by dmastous »

An ambition fulfilled

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 10:16:02 PM »

I'm going to take a wild stab at what it's doing there. My guess is it's creating a small frame for each camera cut. Everytime the match goes from one camera to another or to a wide shot, or to the announcing team, it creates a frame for that bit, then when the camera changes it create a new bit. I have Pinnacle video capturing software that does that same thing. Fortunatly it only shows the bits, but creates only one file from the capture. I use Vegas to do my editing as it's easier and more robust.
It's interesting you mention that you can never get quite the right tick when choosing a spot to edit. My first experience with Vegas Video was when it was a Sound Forge product called VideoFactory. Sound Forge was bought by Sony and VideoFactory was integrated into Vegas. But Vegas does non allow editing down to less than something like a tenth of a second while VideoFactory had no limitations like that. Still a tenth of a second is more than enough to choose a frame.
Maybe your software works like Virtual Dub. With Vitural Dub you can use the scroll bar at the bottom to get close to the spot you want to work with then use the left or right arrow keys to fine tune that spot.
BTW I seriously doubt Microsoft would not allow you to save into the most basic of video files such as mpg1 or avi. I0 do doubt that it woould feature either xvid or divx codecs though.

i see.

yo is vegas movie studio the same thing as vegas video? I might try the trial version.

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 10:56:52 PM »
check this out all court: http://tv.isg.si/site/?q=node/873

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 11:03:16 PM »
And I think overbreak I am going to try and learn how to use Windows Movie Maker as I have now read from more than one place that its just about the best editors there is for free. also dmast, it does save as avi i think, just not xvid and divx compression you are right.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 11:07:33 PM »
And I think overbreak I am going to try and learn how to use Windows Movie Maker as I have now read from more than one place that its just about the best editors there is for free. also dmast, it does save as avi i think, just not xvid and divx compression you are right.

Vegas may, but I'm comfortable with basically creating my video with Vegas, saving it as an uncompressed avi (which takes a tremendous amount of HD space) then I use a Divx compression program to compress it. It takes more time, but I think it delivers the best result in the smallest file size.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 11:23:56 PM »

Vegas may, but I'm comfortable with basically creating my video with Vegas, saving it as an uncompressed avi (which takes a tremendous amount of HD space) then I use a Divx compression program to compress it. It takes more time, but I think it delivers the best result in the smallest file size.

you gotta teach me how to do this. i just automatically compress it as divx so far whenever i have done it with virtualdub or one fo those converters. also xvid>divx?

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 10:22:12 PM »
dmast, i got vegas vid 6. how do I actually edit a video from here? this thing is complicated .. or maybe i am missing something. I can play the video .. and I can toggle through trimmer, project media and such tabs. how exactly do i 'mark' a section.. or something like that?

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 10:01:55 AM »
dmast, i got vegas vid 6. how do I actually edit a video from here? this thing is complicated .. or maybe i am missing something. I can play the video .. and I can toggle through trimmer, project media and such tabs. how exactly do i 'mark' a section.. or something like that?

You don't "mark" anything. To trim video you grab the edge of the video and drag it inwards. It will shorten. What I do is find the place I want to crop to, put the cursor there (mark it in a way), and then drag the edge to that cursor. It will shorten the video as you drag. When you shorten the front you then just drag the whole video forward so you don't have a blank spot in front.
To cut a piece of video out hit control and drag the video. It makes a copy of the video and leaves that where you drop it. If you drag down, it creates a new video stream. Line the two videos up, mark a spot with the curser, then drag the front of one copy back to the cursor, and the back end of the other copy to the cursor. Now you have a two part stream of the same thing. You can make as many copies as you need to chop out undesirable parts.
If you've ever done audio editing with a program that shows the audio wave, think of the video as that graphical audio wave and work with it the same way.

An ambition fulfilled

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 01:16:33 PM »

You don't "mark" anything. To trim video you grab the edge of the video and drag it inwards. It will shorten. What I do is find the place I want to crop to, put the cursor there (mark it in a way), and then drag the edge to that cursor. It will shorten the video as you drag. When you shorten the front you then just drag the whole video forward so you don't have a blank spot in front.
To cut a piece of video out hit control and drag the video. It makes a copy of the video and leaves that where you drop it. If you drag down, it creates a new video stream. Line the two videos up, mark a spot with the curser, then drag the front of one copy back to the cursor, and the back end of the other copy to the cursor. Now you have a two part stream of the same thing. You can make as many copies as you need to chop out undesirable parts.
If you've ever done audio editing with a program that shows the audio wave, think of the video as that graphical audio wave and work with it the same way.

allright, cool, I'll have to give it a shot. thanks.