Author Topic: The MARIA SHARAPOVA THREAD - Quotes, Facts, Reports, Anything!  (Read 215232 times)

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
  • Camelot Elite Tennis Society
Re: The Maria Sharapova thread- Quotes, Facts, Reports, Anything!
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 02:43:01 PM »
Conchita you should play our Fantasy tennis game that we're hoping to set up, I think you'd really get into it. I've tried to get Herc to do it but think he's scared that I'll beat him too often  :rofl_2: If your interested Conchita have a look at the thread at the top of the page.

I will play it!
so mighty Hercules is scared that you will beat him too often! :)
can not believe it, he is the King of Clay! :)

Good stuff Conchita!
Ah Herc may be the King of Clay but the humiliation would be too much for him when we meet on hardcourts, grass courts and indoor courts haha  :)~

dream on. i have never lost on clay. cant play because of rotator cuff misfortunes now but can easily kick ass if i have to. i will just bring a large bottle of aspirin for pain.

i am not playing on anything except clay. grass is for cows.

Santana before winning Wimbledon he was quoted as saying "The grass is just for cows.", Kodes also said it and he won in 1973. :)

too funny. i didnt know about that. i know lendl and agassi have made negative remarks about grass in the past.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 02:51:50 PM »
Conchita you should play our Fantasy tennis game that we're hoping to set up, I think you'd really get into it. I've tried to get Herc to do it but think he's scared that I'll beat him too often  :rofl_2: If your interested Conchita have a look at the thread at the top of the page.

I will play it!

Good stuff Conchita!
Ah Herc may be the King of Clay but the humiliation would be too much for him when we meet on hardcourts, grass courts and indoor courts haha  :)~

dream on. i have never lost on clay. cant play because of rotator cuff misfortunes now but can easily kick ass if i have to. i will just bring a large bottle of aspirin for pain.

No Herc grass is where it all began and the place to be now whereas clay is just for those who want to get all dirty and mainly just keep the ball in play and play safe  :)~
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 02:54:19 PM »

I will play it!

Good stuff Conchita!

No Herc grass is where it all began and the place to be now whereas clay is just for those who want to get all dirty and mainly just keep the ball in play and play safe  :)~
oh snap!

(I agree) :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 02:56:43 PM »

I will play it!

i think chris taylor is right conchita. you will probably rule in that fantasy game.

i only play when i have a nearly 100% probability of domination. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Nah Herc conchita won't be ruling in the fantasy tennis lol, well that's my hope for myself anyway :) you should play herc and put that 100% domination right on the line.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 03:06:02 PM »

I will play it!

i think chris taylor is right conchita. you will probably rule in that fantasy game.

i only play when i have a nearly 100% probability of domination. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Nah Herc conchita won't be ruling in the fantasy tennis lol, well that's my hope for myself anyway :) you should play herc and put that 100% domination right on the line.

I will play Hercules in Kooyong grass or Forest Hills green clay, the problem is that he is a man and I am a woman :)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 03:11:18 PM »

I will play it!

I will play Hercules in Kooyong grass or Forest Hills green clay, the problem is that he is a man and I am a woman :)

all man and muscles everywhere. green clay or red clay. forget about it.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 03:16:53 PM »

I will play it!

Haha clay is definitely his surface but put him on the traditional grass court or the commonly used hardcourts and he's worse than a fish out of water  :rofl_2:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 03:30:11 PM »

I will play it!

Haha clay is definitely his surface but put him on the traditional grass court or the commonly used hardcourts and he's worse than a fish out of water  :rofl_2:

Court 2 at SW19 is a good option, it is called the graveyard of champions :)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 03:36:54 PM »

I will play it!

Exactly, that's the court to get Herc on, lets see how he does on the Graveyard

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 03:44:46 PM »

I will play it!

i played on grass court once in destin, florida a few years back. i hated it.

Offline Dallas

• Global Moderator
  • Tennis God
  • Federer-Wawrinka-Serena-Venus-Victoria
    • http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2007/01/monday_net_post.html#comment-27147061
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 03:45:28 PM »
Chris - with you back on boad - I knew this would only be a matter of time before a thread like this would be developed!... Welcome back again! :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2007, 03:47:54 PM »
Chris - with you back on boad - I knew this would only be a matter of time before a thread like this would be developed!... Welcome back again! :))

haha you know me too well Dallas  :) I decided with there being a number of Fed threads, a Rafa,Pete and A Rod thread that my Princess deserved one so now is the time, although i should have sterted one when i was first around here. Thanks for your kind welcome back again Dallas  :)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2007, 03:51:03 PM »

I will play it!

well, Hercules, not on clay, don't want to lose "a la 88 Zvereva" 6-0, 6-0  :scared:

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2007, 03:53:24 PM »

haha you know me too well Dallas  :) I decided with there being a number of Fed threads, a Rafa,Pete and A Rod thread that my Princess deserved one so now is the time, although i should have sterted one when i was first around here. Thanks for your kind welcome back again Dallas  :)

additionally, i think, as i suggested before, this thread can serve double duty by keeping the women`s tennis in spotlight. it is about to make a monster comeback in 2008.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2007, 03:59:04 PM »

I will play it!

Put you off for life then haha

I had a similar feeling when I came off a claycourt the couple of times I've been on one, that's not my surface at all!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2007, 04:01:12 PM »

additionally, i think, as i suggested before, this thread can serve double duty by keeping the women`s tennis in spotlight. it is about to make a monster comeback in 2008.

Would be a good idea I'd say Herc so we can get more exposure to the womens side of the game, now im back il do my very best to play a big part in the WTA boom on this site. like you say its going to really take off next year

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2007, 05:10:20 PM »
Here's a list of all Maria's sponsors which make it easy to realsie just why Maria is the highest paid sportswoman in the world, and highest paid tennis player as well:
Maria's sponsors are Nike, Prince, Canon, Colgate, Gatorade, Landrover (now an Ambassador for them), Parlux, Samantha Thavasa, Tag Heuer, Tropicana and Motorola. So an impressive list which makes you realise how easy Maria can pull in the millions now   :)

Offline Swish

• Tennis God
  • How Many Times?
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2007, 05:14:35 PM »
Here's a list of all Maria's sponsors which make it easy to realsie just why Maria is the highest paid sportswoman in the world, and highest paid tennis player as well:
Maria's sponsors are Nike, Prince, Canon, Colgate, Gatorade, Landrover (now an Ambassador for them), Parlux, Samantha Thavasa, Tag Heuer, Tropicana and Motorola. So an impressive list which makes you realise how easy Maria can pull in the millions now   :)

That's a lot of pressure on her too. Almost like a performance based salary.
She can handle it however and has in the past.
Definitely adds to her motivation also.

Offline Clay Death

• Tennis God
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2007, 05:17:09 PM »
Maria's sponsors are Nike, Prince, Canon, Colgate, Gatorade, Landrover (now an Ambassador for them), Parlux, Samantha Thavasa, Tag Heuer, Tropicana and Motorola. So an impressive list which makes you realise how easy Maria can pull in the millions now   :)

absolutely. she basically has to perform since they, in effect, are betting on her just as nike has bet really big bucks on nadal and fed.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2007, 05:18:34 PM »

yeah an awful lot of presure Swish, because if the performances aren't there then the sposors dont want to know, however, Maria also knows that if she does well they'll love to keep her and the millions will continue to come in for her.