Author Topic: ATP - 2008 AO Thread  (Read 190838 times)

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
Re: ATP - 2008 AO Thread
« Reply #4060 on: January 27, 2008, 05:55:46 AM »
This was very much a good final, and congratulations to both. Tsonga, Ill be watching you.
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #4061 on: January 27, 2008, 05:56:00 AM »
Wow, it seems weird that Djoko just won his 1st grand slam!    I suppose it would have been more weird if Tsonga would have just won his 1st.  

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #4062 on: January 27, 2008, 05:56:23 AM »
Great match. It was a good final

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #4063 on: January 27, 2008, 05:57:21 AM »
Ok folks i would love 2 know how the ranking points are for both these guys,anyone know how thay both stand now?
thx
sid :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 05:57:56 AM by sid »

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #4064 on: January 27, 2008, 05:58:10 AM »
Djoko has done it! 7/6 in the 4th for his first Grand Slam title, very well done to him and his supporters like Alex  :)

Thank you so much Chris. I'm the happiest man in the world now. although I"m 39 yo I feel like crying right now  :rofl_2:

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #4065 on: January 27, 2008, 05:59:08 AM »
Ok folks i would love 2 know how the ranking points are for both these guys,anyone know how thay both stand now?
thx
Djokovic is still #3 with 5130 points. Tsonga is going to be #17 or #18. I don't think we ever had 3 top players with over 5000 points.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 05:59:58 AM by Alex999 »

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #4066 on: January 27, 2008, 06:00:27 AM »
the complaining about the bouncing ball seems like much ado about nothing.

the instant he stops bouncing the ball, you can get ready to hit it? don'tchu think?

I think Tsonga was actually complaining about a faking serve action. Like not just the ball bounce but I felt it was something like after a few ball bounces Djoko apparently delays a second sorta like he's going to serve and then goes back to bouncing some more.
It's still annoying I think, because its just a delay. there's an unwritten pretty much expected range of time, you get into rythem and serve, not get into rythem .. get into rythem more.. get into more rythem.. and then.. get into some more ball bouncing etc.

anyway, good match. first grand slam for Djokovic, well earned, well deserved no question. :applause:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #4067 on: January 27, 2008, 06:01:15 AM »
Djoko has done it! 7/6 in the 4th for his first Grand Slam title, very well done to him and his supporters like Alex  :)

Thank you so much Chris. I'm the happiest man in the world now. although I"m 39 yo I feel like crying right now   :rofl_2:

I know all about the crying in moments like this so if you do you're with me  :)
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #4068 on: January 27, 2008, 06:03:38 AM »
thx
Djokovic is still #3 with 5130 points. Tsonga is going to be #17 or #18. I don't think we ever had 3 top players with over 5000 points.

Thank you Alex on ranking points,im very pleased for you on N/Djokovic first slam win :) One day i hope A/Murray can do the same ://

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #4069 on: January 27, 2008, 06:04:28 AM »
thx

Thank you Alex on ranking points,im very pleased for you on N/Djokovic first slam win :) One day i hope A/Murray can do the same ://
Hey Murry is my second favourite player. He'll get there, I'm sure. Thank you  :)

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #4070 on: January 27, 2008, 06:05:24 AM »

Thank you so much Chris. I'm the happiest man in the world now. although I"m 39 yo I feel like crying right now  :rofl_2:

I know all about the crying in moments like this so if you do you're with me  :)
I know, Maria and Novak. They would be a nice couple IMHO  :rofl_2:

Offline barbadosan

• Tennis God
« Reply #4071 on: January 27, 2008, 06:09:08 AM »

I know all about the crying in moments like this so if you do you're with me  :)
Congrats to Novak and you Alex...

but on the last point, that might be a little frustrating, depending on how often Novak bounced the ball before "serving"  :)~

Offline TheBull

• Tennis God
« Reply #4072 on: January 27, 2008, 06:09:32 AM »
Leaving all the complains aside.. Djoker deserved the win... Congrats...  :))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 06:11:37 AM by TheBull »

Offline miticfam

• Tennis God
« Reply #4073 on: January 27, 2008, 06:23:25 AM »
Bravo Nole majstore!!!
I'm so happy about Djoko and Zimonjic, I hope that Ana will win a Grand Slam next time

FEDERER THE GOAT, 16 GSs, Career Slam, 21 GS finals, 23! consecutive GS SFs
My favs: Federer, Djokovic, DelPotro, Haas, Ana, Henin:)

Offline Victor

• Tennis God
« Reply #4074 on: January 27, 2008, 06:23:29 AM »
I hope to see more on Tsonga, and his English.
Like he said `I am better in tennis then I am in english so excuse meŽ haha.
Dont fight about tennis, support tennis.

I just didn't think I would be seeing a clay court tournament where Roddick is still in it and Nadal is out.   -   Dallas -  31 May, RG 2009

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #4075 on: January 27, 2008, 06:24:39 AM »
Leaving all the complains aside.. Djoker deserved the win... Congrats...  :))

Yes indeed. All complaints of arrogance and gamesmanship aside, This was a well earned well deserved slam for Djokovic. He's been pretty much the only confident player on tour besides Federer over the last year (and coincidentally, these two are the ones labelled arrogant.. maybe the lack of confident positive speaking players is really that bad that any hint of confidence becomes arrogance now). he's been fighting, believing in himself. he went through hewitt (in australia), an in form Ferrer who's been playing fantastic since last USO and then the man Federer himself and a hot Tsonga.

well earned, well deserved champion, Djokovic.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #4076 on: January 27, 2008, 06:25:38 AM »

Nah wouldn't like to see that  :)) Maria needs to keep all her focus and attention on the court after all the hardwork she's put in these last few months to get where she ia now :)

Djoko deserved this one big time today after the last 12 months and his win over Fed!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #4077 on: January 27, 2008, 06:26:52 AM »
Bravo Nole majstore!!!
I'm so happy about Djoko and Zimonjic, I hope that Ana will win a Grand Slam next time

Congratulations to you as well miticfam, Novak has done your country really proud with the countries first ever Singles Grand Slam title  :)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #4078 on: January 27, 2008, 06:28:36 AM »
Day 14, Sunday 27 January, Flinders Park!!!!

Rod Laver Arena

2008 Australian Open Mixed Doubles Final   

Tiantian Sun CHN & Nenad Zimonjic SRB (5) df. Sania Mirza IND & Mahesh Bhupathi IND  7-6(4), 6-4 in 1 hour 21 minutes

Tiantian Sun & Nenad Zimonjic 2008 Australian Open Mixed Doubles Champion!!! :applause: :applause:

Sun 1st GS Mixed Doubles Tiles  and Zimonjic 3rd Mixed Doubles titles (previous: AO 04 Bovina and  FO 06 Srebotnik)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008 Australian Open Men's Singles Finals!!!   

Rod Laver Arena

Novak Djokovic SRB (3) df. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga FRA  4-6, 6-4, 6-3, 7-6(2) in 3 hours 6 minutes

Novak Djokovic 2008 Australian Open Champion!!  :applause: :applause: :applause:

Novak 1st grand slam title!!! Congrats!!!
Jo-W 1st grand slam final!! Congrats!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly, my favourite Grand Slam is completed!!!

Historic Oz Open:   :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
-new GS champion Djokovic!!
-Sharapova 3rd GS title at age 20!!
-1st Israeli GS Doubles Title with Erlich & Ram
-Bondarenko sisters claimed success, 1st GS title
-Tomic became the youngest boys' grand slam champion in tennis history.

See you next year Flinders Park, you are the best tennis complex in the world!!!!!   :thumbs-up: :thank-you:
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Alex

• Tennis God
« Reply #4079 on: January 27, 2008, 06:34:36 AM »

Nah wouldn't like to see that  :)) Maria needs to keep all her focus and attention on the court after all the hardwork she's put in these last few months to get where she ia now :)

Djoko deserved this one big time today after the last 12 months and his win over Fed!
I was just kidding as you know :-). Novak has a very pretty girlfriend. It's cool that him and Maria are very good friends.