Author Topic: ATP - 2008 AO Thread  (Read 186302 times)

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
Re: Australian Open
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2007, 04:09:56 PM »
I know it's a little early, but I'm ready.

No, it is never too early. 
I don't know if I've drunk the koolaid, but I'm hoping Nalbandian gets his first GS.

welcome to the forums fleabitten. you have come to the right place. the founder of this site is also a big time architect. you will meet him soon.

once again, post away and have a blast.

thanks for the welcome.  i never said I was a "big time architect"  LOL.  But if I did I guess you wouldn't be able to prove me wrong.  I'm kind of a medium time arcitect.

You got some wires crossed. Are you an archictect?
The guy who started Tennis4you is one. Everyonce in a while he will post his latest design, though he hasn't done that in a while.

Thank goodness...........his work bores me!   :)~

Offline britbox

• Tennis Pro
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2007, 04:10:13 PM »

I don't know if I've drunk the koolaid, but I'm hoping Nalbandian gets his first GS.

welcome to the forums fleabitten. you have come to the right place. the founder of this site is also a big time architect. you will meet him soon.

thanks for the welcome.  i never said I was a "big time architect"  LOL.  But if I did I guess you wouldn't be able to prove me wrong.  I'm kind of a medium time arcitect.

Translation - You design hamster cages?  only kidding.

Offline dmastous

• Tennis God
    • http://www.tips4tennis.com
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2007, 04:22:36 PM »

You got some wires crossed. Are you an archictect?
The guy who started Tennis4you is one. Everyonce in a while he will post his latest design, though he hasn't done that in a while.

Thank goodness...........his work bores me!   :)~

It bores me so much I would love to live in one of the houses he designs.  :lust:

Is a tree as a rocking horse
An ambition fulfilled
And is the sawdust jealous?
I worry about these things .

Kevin Godley & Lol Crème (I Pity Inanimate Objects)

Offline fleabitten

• Tennis Player
  • Having fits on the court since the eighties.
    • My Tennisopolis.com Profile Page
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2007, 06:45:39 PM »
Wires are definitely getting crossed on both ends.   ..-)
I am indeed an architect which someone must have seen on my profile.
I design schools, restaurants and custom homes in Santa Fe, but I'm not here to talk about that!  LOL
I'm trying to escape my real life with my biggest distraction: tennis!
I promise I won't post any photos of my work. 

... where were we?
:) :) :) :) :)
I’m a member of  Tennisopolis : Tennis Social Network
Over 16,000 fans, players, coaches, pros and industry wags.
Come network with the world of tennis!
:) :) :) :) :)

Offline euroka1

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2007, 07:02:23 PM »
Scott,
Dazzle him  :)) .

Offline barbadosan

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2007, 03:04:20 PM »
I'm hearing Ancic is out of commission for two months - with mono? Haven't seen English confirmation of it yet

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2007, 03:06:37 PM »
I'm hearing Ancic is out of commission for two months - with mono? Haven't seen English confirmation of it yet

That'll be another huge set back for Ancic after all the problems he had last year if it is confirmed.
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline barbadosan

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2007, 03:36:57 PM »

That'll be another huge set back for Ancic after all the problems he had last year if it is confirmed.

Indeed. I thought it was mono he had before (too lazy to look it up right now).... they sure seem to be starting to drop like flies though :(

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2007, 03:44:37 PM »

Indeed. I thought it was mono he had before (too lazy to look it up right now).... they sure seem to be starting to drop like flies though :(

I know he had a serious case of glandular fever last year I think it was. They really are dropping like flies, seems like this season will be no different from what we've become used to with all the injuries we've had already   :Confused:

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2007, 01:01:35 AM »

I know he had a serious case of glandular fever last year I think it was. They really are dropping like flies, seems like this season will be no different from what we've become used to with all the injuries we've had already   :Confused:

Perth, stomach ailment suffered by Tomas Berdych , withdraw from his match!   :(

world No.32 Julia Vakulenko has withdrawn from Goald Coast Tounament with a hand injury!   She was scheduled to play today Szavay.   :(

and czech Radek Stepanek retired with a right heel injury in Adelaide!    :(
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2007, 01:04:58 AM »

Perth, stomach ailment suffered by Tomas Berdych , withdraw from his match!   :(

world No.32 Julia Vakulenko has withdrawn from Goald Coast Tounament with a hand injury!   She was scheduled to play today Szavay.   :(

Yet more names to the ever growing list  :(

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2007, 01:16:57 AM »

Yet more names to the ever growing list  :(

yes Chris:

Canas
J.Johansson
Starace
Hrbaty
-----
Gasquet
Monfils
Berdych
Stepanek
Bjorkman

Stosur
Dushevina
---------
Vakulenko

only 11 days remaining for Draw!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline OSU Buckeye

• The Great One!
  • Tennis God
  • LETS GO BUCKS!!!
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2008, 07:17:26 PM »
Yeah, I thought it was mono with Ancic as well.............so has he had mono for like a year or more?  :-o

Offline barbadosan

• Tennis God
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2008, 08:12:16 PM »
Definitely looking better!!

Back in town: Australian Open women's defending
champion Serena Williams tries out the new Melbourne
Park courts yesterday. Picture: Darren Tindale

Full story at http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23012020-11088,00.html

Offline pawan89

• Tennis God
    • Onset of Chaos
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2008, 12:37:49 AM »
The colour sure looks good... and Serena seems to be "preparing"!?! Whoa.. did the sun rise from the west in australia or something?

Offline sid

• Tennis God
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2008, 01:15:30 AM »
The colour sure looks good... and Serena seems to be "preparing"!?! Whoa.. did the sun rise from the west in australia or something?

Whoa.. did the sun rise from the west in australia or something?  :rofl_2: :rofl_2: :rofl_2:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2008, 01:44:18 AM »

Full story at http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23012020-11088,00.html

She does appear to be looking in much better shape than we've seen her for a few years. Maybe this is the year she's begnning to realise that as each year passes by so does a year of her career and she knows this is the time to put her injuries and others issues/problems behind her and concentrate souley on her tennis.

Offline monstertruck

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2008, 06:28:25 AM »

She does appear to be looking in much better shape than we've seen her for a few years. Maybe this is the year she's begnning to realise that as each year passes by so does a year of her career and she knows this is the time to put her injuries and others issues/problems behind her and concentrate souley on her tennis.
Saw her in the Hopman Cup on TTC and she looks stunning, though her movement on court didn't appear to have improved much.   :confused1:
CONK da ball!!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2008, 06:34:36 AM »

Saw her in the Hopman Cup on TTC and she looks stunning, though her movement on court didn't appear to have improved much.    :confused1:

Well that could be very telling and crucial in the upcoming weeks and months! Thanks monster

Offline Federer's_footwork

• Tennis Addict
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2008, 09:15:59 AM »
Awesome picture of Serena... she does indeed look "well trim"  as we say here.

Court looks good too...

Thank goodness for the AO... what else is there at this time of year?!

:))
Seriously... those man bags of Federer's have GOT TO GO!