Author Topic: LA LIGA !!!!  (Read 46825 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Re: LA LIGA !!!!
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2008, 03:22:59 PM »
WEEK 28,
2nd half 25'
La Coruña, Riazor (40,000), Deportivo La Coruña 1 - 0 Real Madrid, Real last win at Rizaor was in 91-92
Sevilla, Heliopolis (50,000), Betis 1- 2 Athletic Bilbao, drama in Sevilla to avoid relegation.
Huelva, Colombino (25,000), Recreativo 3 - 2 Murcia, dramatatic relegation match, 18th vs 19th.

Dramatic wins for Deportivo, Atlheltic Bilbao and Recreativo right now to avoid relegation
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 03:33:09 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2008, 03:30:55 PM »
Breaking News at big classic at Heliopolis, Atlheltic gk Armando injured with blood in his face fllowing a crazy fan throwing something, nasty and sad  and the match is suspended by the referee. crazy fan arrested. Last year derby at Heliopolis vs Sevilla was also postponed when Ramos was KO.
UGLY AND SAD.

Edit: the match was 1-1, then a bad referee decision giving Atlhetic a penalty that was not, and Athletic scored 1-2.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 03:39:30 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2008, 03:39:23 PM »
Breaking News at big classic at Heliopolis, Atlheltic gk Armando injured with blood in his face fllowing a crazy fan throwing something, nasty and sad  and the match is suspended by the referee. crazy fan arrested. Last year derby at Heliopolis vs Sevilla was also postponed when Ramos was KO.
UGLY AND SAD.

Absolutely disgusting and the same ground that had the incident with Juande Ramos last year. A  2nd time in 2 seasons should spell big trouble for me for Real Betis- a huge fine and maybe even a points deduction or a couple of games played behind closed doors!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2008, 03:42:35 PM »
UGLY AND SAD.

Absolutely disgusting and the same ground that had the incident with Juande Ramos last year. A  2nd time in 2 seasons should spell big trouble for me for Real Betis- a huge fine and maybe even a points deduction or a couple of games played behind closed doors!

horrible tv images with Athletic gk with all blood in his face and unconscious. same story. TERRIBLE. Atlhetic will be given 3 points and will win. match is finished. Estadio Helioplis will be closed at least 1-2 matches and big fine. never in Spain ponts deduction, no tradition. VERY SAD.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 03:47:07 PM by conchita »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2008, 03:48:38 PM »
UGLY AND SAD.

horrible tv images with Athletic gk with all blood in his face and unconscious. same story. TERRIBLE. Atlhetic will be given 3 points and will win. match finish. Estadio Helioplis will be closed at least 1-2 matches and big fine. never in Spain ponts deduction, no tradition. VERY SAD.

I'm glad to see that the match will be awarded to Bilbao, there's no room at all for such terrible behaviour in the game and I'm made up that they saw the thug who threw something and immediately arrested him. He should be locked away for a while and most of all banned from all football grounds in Spain for life. Massive fine and ground to be closed to the public for a couple of games is right. It's terrible to see images of the keeper with blood over his face and unconscious just as Ramos was last season  :(

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2008, 03:53:48 PM »
WEEK 28,
FT
La Coruña, Riazor (40,000), Deportivo La Coruña 1 - 0 Real Madrid, Real last win at Riazor was in 91-92
Sevilla, Heliopolis (50,000), Betis 1- 2 Athletic Bilbao, MATCH SUSPENDED
Huelva, Colombino (25,000), Recreativo 4 - 2 Murcia, dramatatic relegation match, 18th vs 19th.

BIG WINS FOR DEPORTIVO, ATHLETIC (SAD) AND RECREATIVO TO AVOID RELEGATION!!!
18 years Real not winning at Deportivo!!!

next, Mestalla, Valencia - Sevilla, big classic!!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2008, 03:59:34 PM »
Just when you think Real should have the league title wrapped up they go and lose yet another match they really ought to be winning. They were so poor tonight and practically didn't have a shot on goal. The more I watch La Liga the stronger/more competitive I see the Premiership as being compared to all other leagues, and that our top 3/4 teams are really the most complete/consistent and best teams around  :)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2008, 04:05:44 PM »
Just when you think Real should have the league title wrapped up they go and lose yet another match they really ought to be winning. They were so poor tonight and practically didn't have a shot on goal. The more I watch La Liga the stronger/more competitive I see the Premiership as being compared to all other leagues, and that our top 3/4 teams are really the most complete/consistent and best teams around  :)
Real Madrid was under big pressure after all the 17 years in a row not winning at Riazor, they collapsed. Tradition continues....Barcelona will play tomorrow at Almeria (defeated Real Madrd) without Messi, Ronaldinho, Deco and Toure. La Liga is full or surprises and all teams except Murcia and Levante can make upsets.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2008, 05:20:54 AM »
Week 28, Saturday matches

DEPORTIVO 1 - 0 REAL MADRID

Riazor, 40,000. Real humbled by Deportivo

A second-half own goal from Pepe earned Deportivo a shock win against runaway leaders Real Madrid in La Liga.

Madrid began the night with an eight-point lead over second-placed Barcelona, but it was relegation-threatened Deportivo who earned the spoils with a disclipined and clinicial performance.

The home side desperately needed three points to bolster their survival hopes, and deservedly took the lead just before the hour mark. Filipe Luis was the architect, bursting down the left flank before seeing his cross deflected past the wrong-footed Iker Casillas.

In what was a strangely uneventful game, Madrid's attacking threat was nullified by a highly-organised Deportivo - who packed midfield and feverishly closed down available space.

The league leaders were limited to speculative long-range efforts, including a wild blast from Guti which sailed high into the stands, summing up his team's attacking aspirations. Up front, Raul and Soldado were woefully ineffective.

Royston Drenthe perhaps the only player to make an impression. A surprise inclusion at the expense of Robinho, his marauding runs down the left flank appeared the most likely to open up the Deportivo defence.

When the moment for Robinho's inevitable arrival came, it changed little. The galacticos failed to create a single clear-cut chance the entire evening.

For the home side, Filipe was outstanding - time and again unlocking the Real defence with his incisive breaks. It was no surprise when his contribution ultimately led to Pepe's mis-timed clearance, which gifted the home side all three points.

Deportivo's win lifts them to the relative safety of 13th - taking their unbeaten run to four games.

For Madrid, this missed opportunity to extend their lead at the top of La Liga could come back to haunt them . If Barcelona win at Almeria on Sunday the gap falls to just five points, and with the great rivals scheduled to meet on May we could yet be in for a title race to savour.

- - - -

REAL BETIS 1 ATHLETIC BILBAO 2 (Abandoned)

Heliopolis, 50,000. The game was abandoned with Bilbao leading 2-1 after visiting goalkeeper Armando was hit in the face by a bottle thrown from the stands in the second half.

Midfielder Fran Yeste had given Bilbao the lead when he broke clear to score after eight minutes but Chilean forward Mark Gonzalez grabbed a deserved equaliser when he fired against the post and put away the rebound before the break.

Midfielder David Lopez put Bilbao back in front with a twice-taken penalty in the 66th before Armando was injured.

Real Betis' match with Athletic Bilbao was suspended on Saturday after visiting keeper Armando Ribeiro was hit in the face by a water bottle.Armando, whose team were 2-1 up at the time of the incident, was walking back to take a goal-kick when he was struck and went down clutching his face.

He was then stretchered off and the game suspended with around 20 minutes remaining at the Manuel Ruiz de Lopera stadium.

A home supporter was taken away by police as Armando, who appeared to be bleeding after apparently suffering a cut just below his right eye, left the pitch.

The bottle was thrown shortly after visiting Athletic had gone 2-1 up thanks to David Lopez's 66th-minute penalty.

Seville-based Betis could be facing a heavy punishment following the incident, which caused the abandonment of Saturday's match.

Betis were handed a three-match stadium ban last March after a similar incident marred their Copa del Rey quarter-final second-leg clash against local rivals Sevilla.

Sevilla were leading the match 1-0 after 56 minutes when the game was stopped after their then coach Juande Ramos was knocked unconscious by a bottle thrown from the stands.

The incident at Betis' stadium happened soon after Sevilla had taken the lead through striker Frederic Kanoute, the first goal in the tie after the opening leg had finished goalless at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.

- - - -

RECREATIVO HUELVA 4 REAL MURCIA 2

Colombino, 25,000. Murcia scored their first goal in six matches when midfielder Enrique de Lucas fired in from a knockdown at a free-kick in the 16th minute, but French striker Florent Sinama Pongolle levelled with a header three minutes later.

Argentine Marco Ruben put Recre 2-1 up in the second half with a great finish and Sinama Pongolle made it 3-1 just after Murcia had defender Cesar Arzo sent off in the 69th.

Striker Ivan Alonso pulled one back from the penalty spot for Murcia in the 74th but midfielder Marquitos wrapped up the points for Recre with five minutes to go.

- - - -

VALENCIA 0 SEVILLA 2

Mestalla 66,000. Sevilla stormed in front with Brazil striker Luis Fabiano curling in a freekick after 11 minutes and he soon reacted quickly to divert Seydou Keita's long-range shot past Timo Hildebrand, taking his tally for the season to 22.

Valencia's poor home form continued to dog them and although they pulled a goal back through defender Raul Albiol at a corner in the 90th they offered little else.

-----------

Today, CET.
17:00 Montjuic, Español - Mallorca
17:00 Madrigal, Villarreal - Zaragoza
17:00 Coliseum, Getafe -  Racing Santander
17:00 Zorrilla, Valladolid - Osasuna
19:00 Juegos Mediterraneos, Almeria - Barcelona
21:00 Manzanares, Atletico Madrid - Levante   

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2008, 05:23:48 AM »
Which of the Spanish teams does Luis Garcia play for now? He's an ex-Liverpool star.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2008, 05:25:24 AM »
Which of the Spanish teams does Luis Garcia play for now? He's an ex-Liverpool star.

I'm sure I'm right in saying Villarreal??

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2008, 05:26:33 AM »

In that case I support them.

How are they doing in the league?

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2008, 05:30:59 AM »

In that case I support them.

How are they doing in the league?

Very well indeed, won at the Nou Camp last week 2-1 vs Barcelona. At start of weekend sat very nicely in 3rd position!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2008, 05:31:21 AM »

Luis Garcia plays now for Atletico de Madrid!!!
1997-1999: Barcelona B.
1999-2000: Real Valladolid.
1999-2000: Club Deportivo Toledo.
2000-2001: CD Tenerife.
2001-2002: Real Valladolid.
2002-2003: Atlético de Madrid.
2003-2004: Fútbol Club Barcelona.
2004-2007: Liverpool FC.
2007- present: Atlético de Madrid.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 05:32:40 AM by conchita »

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2008, 05:34:04 AM »

I thought CT was wrong, how are Atletic doing then?

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2008, 05:35:57 AM »

That was the other team I had in mind.
Atletico are challenging for the Champions League spots Murrayfan, but have been a bit up and down just recently. Nice stadium though the Vicente Calderon that they play and and wonderful city he's gone to from my experience back in November anyway- so a good move for him I'd say  :)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2008, 05:40:23 AM »

Atletico are challenging for the Champions League spots Murrayfan, but have been a bit up and down just recently. Nice stadium though the Vicente Calderon that they play and and wonderful city he's gone to from my experience back in November anyway- so a good move for him I'd say  :)

Nah, Liverpool are much better  :)~ ;-()

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2008, 05:43:56 AM »

Nah, Liverpool are much better  :)~ ;-()

Probably but what massively goes in the favour of Atletico is the city. Would I prefer to live in Liverpool or Madrid?? Thats very simple indeed  :)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2008, 05:45:39 AM »
That is somewhat true, Liverpool isn't the best place to live.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2008, 05:48:14 AM »

all supporters called the stadium Manzanares, name of river that cross Madrid...while Bernabeu is called in Spain, Chamartin, legendary elite area in downtown Madrid.
Villarreal 3rd plays at home against relegation trouble!! Zaragoza.  (Zaragoza 2-1 Atletico last week) tricky match.
Atletico 4th plays at home vs Basement club Levante, easy.
Español plays at Sacred Mountain vs Mallorca (Mallorca scored 7 goals last wek) .Español without gk Kameni and captain Tamudo. difficult.
big match at Coliseum, Getafe vs Racing, for a uefa spot, a preview of Copa SF 2nd leg.
drama at Zorilla to avoid relegation, Valladolid - Osasuna. Zorrilla means female litlle fox, Osuna will try to run with the bulls-points to Pamplona.
match of the day: Juegos Mediterraneos, Almeria - Barcelona, newly promoted, mid table and surprise of the season Almeria vs Barcelona without Mesi, Ronaldinho, Deco and Toure...tricky match. Almeria defetead Real in the upset of the season.