Author Topic: LA LIGA !!!!  (Read 47644 times)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
Re: LA LIGA !!!!
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2008, 12:20:06 PM »
With all those teams, years, competitions and stats my head is just going to explode taking them all in  :)) Brilliant stuff that is Conchita, now lets see if this year your team can get a Champions League spot! Why did you start supporting Espanol? being from Ibiza, and most young people, unless they follow their local team, choosing Real or Barca?
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2008, 01:13:43 PM »
With all those teams, years, competitions and stats my head is just going to explode taking them all in  :)) Brilliant stuff that is Conchita, now lets see if this year your team can get a Champions League spot! Why did you start supporting Espanol? being from Ibiza, and most young people, unless they follow their local team, choosing Real or Barca?

Thanks Chris!!!
CL will be very difficult with Villareal, Antletico Madrid and Sevilla, only 2 spots available!!!!
I root for Español bc my grandparents and my dad are from Barcelona. All my family roots for Español, except my sister Maria (Real Madrid).
btw, you are wrong suggesting young people only choose between local team, Barcelona or Real Madrid, that's not true. Let me explain this, Chris, it's important, clubs here have group of supporters in local towns called "peñas"-"fan group".
Peñas are official suporters outside the local town. The big 11 clubs have peñas all over Spain, so for example Español has 200 peñas in Spain, in 200 towns in Spain and have supporters always when they play away, that's great! :)
9 clubs with strong presence all over Spain, more than 200 peñas: Atletico Madrid, Athletic Bilbao, Valencia, Español, Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Zaragoza, Betis and Deportivo all with more than 200 peñas in Spain, always supporters in matches playing away from home!! :)
Young people choose also those teams bc it is also easy and cool to follow your club!!! :)
Real Madrid more than 1000 peñas in Spain (same Barcelona)
Español, 23 peñas outside Spain (all officials): in London, Rome, Paris, Boston, Lisbonne, Milan, Moscow, Frankfurt, Porto, Tokyo, Beijing, Manila, Jerusalem, Casablanca, Baires, Mexico, Santiago, Lima, Bogota, Quito, San Jose, Montevideo and Rio. new one this year: in Caracas (may)!!!
those are spanish people that live in those areas that root for Español and make an official fan group-peña, cool!! :)
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2008, 01:28:57 PM »

Thanks Chris!!!
CL will be very difficult with Villareal, Antletico Madrid and Sevilla, only 2 spots available!!!!
I root for Español bc my grandparents and my dad are from Barcelona. All my family roots for Español, except my sister Maria (Real Madrid).
btw, you are wrong suggesting young people only choose between local team, Barcelona or Real Madrid, that's not true. Let me explain this, Chris, it's important, clubs here have group of supporters in local towns called "peñas"-"fan group".
Peñas are official suporters outside the local town. The big 11 clubs have peñas all over Spain, so for example Español has 200 peñas in Spain, in 200 towns in Spain and have supporters always when they play away, that's great! :)
9 clubs with strong presence all over Spain, more than 200 peñas: Atletico Madrid, Athletic Bilbao, Valencia, Español, Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Zaragoza, Betis and Deportivo all with more than 200 peñas in Spain, always supporters in matches playing away from home!! :)
Young people choose also those teams bc it is also easy and cool to follow your club!!! :)
Real Madrid more than 1000 peñas in Spain (same Barcelona)
Español, 23 peñas outside Spain (all officials): in London, Rome, Paris, Boston, Lisbonne, Milan, Moscow, Frankfurt, Porto, Tokyo, Beijing, Manila, Jerusalem, Casablanca, Baires, Mexico, Santiago, Lima, Bogota, Quito, San Jose, Montevideo and Rio. new one this year: in Caracas (may)!!!
those are spanish people that live in those areas that root for Español and make an official fan group-peña, cool!! :)

Thanks again Conchita for all the fantastic information. 2008 could be a brilliant year for Espanol as they have a great chance of CL and top 4, although it will be very difficult still with the battle they are in. Nice to hear your grandparents and family all originate from that area and thats why you are following them to this day. Was your sister Maria born in Madrid then? with her following Real now.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2008, 02:08:18 PM »

Nice to hear your grandparents and family all originate from that area and thats why you are following them to this day. Was your sister Maria born in Madrid then? with her following Real now.
My sister was born in Madrid, as I told you in topic Madrid pictures we have family living there...my sister loves Casillas and Raul, she is not a big football fan but she hates FC Barcelona!!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2008, 02:13:18 PM »

Nice to hear your grandparents and family all originate from that area and thats why you are following them to this day. Was your sister Maria born in Madrid then? with her following Real now.
My sister was born in Madrid, as I told you in topic Madrid pictures we have family living there...my sister loves Casillas and Raul, she is not a big football fan but she hates FC Barcelona!!

Absolutely brilliant city to be born in, and for some of your family to live in. I know one thing they're very lucky to live there, its trully beatiful and a unique and amazing city. I could seriously see myself living in Madrid very easily, it was just that good and special!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2008, 09:52:58 AM »
Absolutely brilliant city to be born in, and for some of your family to live in. I know one thing they're very lucky to live there, its trully beatiful and a unique and amazing city. I could seriously see myself living in Madrid very easily, it was just that good and special!

Madrid is great!!! especially night life -famous movida- and autumn is the best time to visit the city. Sadly there's no beach there in spring and summer, so I prefer Barcelona or Valencia.

BREAKING NEWS - REAL MADRID!!! Raul and Casillas sign "deals for life"!!!!  :cool:
(Valentine's Day in Madrid:))
Jonathan Symcox / Eurosport
Real Madrid heroes Raul and Iker Casillas have signed "deals for life" with the Liga leaders, lasting until 2010 and 2011 respectively.
Club captain Raul, 30, and vice captain Casillas, 26, were joined by Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon and Santiago Bernabeu legend Alfredo di Stefano to announce the agreements. :)
"Iker Casillas and Raul have both agreed to stay with the club for the rest of their sporting lives," Calderon said.
"On this day - Valentine's day - Iker, Raul and Real can say they love each other, they need each other, and complement each other - and will commit for life.
"I am not going to speak about money, but I can say they will earn less than they deserve because the example they set for the young and the enthusiasm they transmit to the fans isn't quantifiable.
"You cannot put a value on it."

The pair helped Madrid to their trophy in four years last season, securing the Liga title in the last match at home to Mallorca to prevent arch rivals Barcelona from taking a third-straight crown.
Raul, who has in recent months been omitted from Luis Aragones's Spain squads, emerged as a 17-year-old prodigy in 1994 and has since won five league titles and three Champions League trophies.
Casillas made his debut in 1999 having worked his way up through the club from a young age and has become the undisputed number one and captain of Spain in the absence of his club-mate.

----------------------------
Raul debut was at Romareda Stadium in Zaragoza, 10 Oct 1994, age 17, 14 seasons, active players with most goals in liga: 199 goals scored til now (6th!! in all time liga scorers list), legendary captain and number 7. 10th player with most matches in liga history: 469 matches so far!!! :) 102 matches played with Spain, 2nd all time!!! (nº1 Zubizarreta, 126 matches)
Casillas debut was at the Catedral de San Mames in Bilbao!!!,  12 Sept 1999, age 18, 9 seasons, 5th in all time list matches played with Spain, more than 70 matches!!! Iker is the best goalkeeper in Real Madrid History!!!  :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 09:57:13 AM by conchita »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2008, 09:58:19 AM »
that is absolutely brilliant news for Madrid to have 2 of their greatest players sign such important contracts. this will undoubtably be one of the most liked decisions within Madrid because they love these 2 guys and to get such great players and Madrid born stars to sign for life will go down extremely well within Madrid.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2008, 10:32:24 AM »
that is absolutely brilliant news for Madrid to have 2 of their greatest players sign such important contracts. this will undoubtably be one of the most liked decisions within Madrid because they love these 2 guys and to get such great players and Madrid born stars to sign for life will go down extremely well within Madrid.

I agree!!!! Wonderful news for Real signing both players til the end of careers!!! Madrid fans love both players!!! Raul is el capitan, sadly forgotten by a sick spanish coach, San Iker was voted last year best goalkeeper in Madrid history!! go figure!!! They were stars since debut, Raul's first son name is Jorge in honour of argentinian coach and wc winner Jorge Valdano. Casillas career is compared to the greatest spanish gk ever Zamora (Legend in Español 16-30, Madrid 30-36). Casillas was also very young in debut against a big rival in the best possible stadium to make debut in Spain: the cathedral de San Mames in Bilbao!! :) he was 19 y.o when he won 1st CL at Stade de France vs Valencia. Casillas will be the player with most matches in liga history and with Spain for sure.:)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2008, 06:14:20 AM »
Delete Weekend action  :whistle:

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2008, 06:16:48 AM »

Real were beaten for the 2nd time in 3 games and Barca took advantage and closed the gap by getting a win themselves. How did Espanol do last weekend?

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2008, 09:52:50 AM »

Real were beaten for the 2nd time in 3 games and Barca took advantage and closed the gap by getting a win themselves. How did Espanol do last weekend?
you know the answer  :(.
I'll post the round up later, it was a dramatic weekend in all 10 matches!!!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2008, 10:00:34 AM »

you know the answer  :(.
I'll post the round up later, it was a dramatic weekend in all 10 matches!!!!

By your reaction I can tell they were beaten, I'll check back to see all the other scores away from Real and Barca later on.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2008, 11:32:13 AM »
Week 24
Betis 2 -1  Real Madrid
Zaragoza 1- 2 Barcelona
Villarreal 0 -0 Racing Santander
Atletico Madrid 1 -2 Atletic Bilbao
Español 2 -4 Sevilla
Getafe 0 - 0 Valencia
Valladolid 1 - 1 Mallorca
Almeria 1 -0 Murcia
Recreativo Huelva 3 -2 Deportivo La Coruña
Levante 2 - 1  Osasuna

Edit: Round up and standings later

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2008, 11:37:37 AM »
Week 24
Betis 2 -1  Real Madrid
Zaragoza 1- 2 Barcelona
Villarreal 0 -0 Racing Santander
Atletico Madrid 1 -2 Atletic Bilbao
Español 2 -4 Sevilla
Getafe 0 - 0 Valencia
Valladolid 1 - 1 Mallorca
Almeria 1 -0 Murcia
Recreativo Huelva 3 -2 Deportivo La Coruña
Levante 2 - 1  Osasuna

Edit: Round up and standings later

At home to a team you dislike a lot in Sevilla then, no wonder you didn't want to talk about it. Big loss in your race for a Champions League place. Looking at the results now I remember seeing Valencia had drew away to Getafe and Atletico Madrid losing at home to Bilbao!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2008, 01:10:26 AM »
Week 25
Real Madrid 0 - 1 Getafe
Barcelona 5 - 1 Levante
Athletic Bilbao 1 - 2 Villarreal
Osasuna 3 - 1 Atletico Madrid
Deportivo La Coruña 2 - 0 Español
Sevilla 5 - 0 Zaragoza
Racing Santander 1 - 0 Almeria
Valencia 1 - 1 Recreativo Huelva 
Mallorca 1 - 1 Betis
Murcia 0 - 1 Valladolid

Standings
1 R.Madrid 56
2 Barcelona 54 
3 Villarreal 46 
4 Atlético 41
-------------
5 Sevilla 39
6 Espanyol 39
--------------- 
7 Racing 38 
8 Almería 36
9 Valencia 35 
10 Getafe 32 
11 Valladolid 31 
12 Mallorca 30 
13 Osasuna 29
14 Athletic 29 
15 Zaragoza 29 
16 Betis 29 
17 Recreativo 29
---------------- 
18 Deportivo 27
19 Murcia 23
20 Levante 16

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2008, 01:30:25 AM »
Week 25
Real Madrid 0 - 1 Getafe
Barcelona 5 - 1 Levante
Athletic Bilbao 1 - 2 Villarreal
Osasuna 3 - 1 Atletico Madrid
Deportivo La Coruña 2 - 0 Español
Sevilla 5 - 0 Zaragoza
Racing Santander 1 - 0 Almeria
Valencia 1 - 1 Recreativo Huelva 
Mallorca 1 - 1 Betis
Murcia 0 - 1 Valladolid

Standings
1 R.Madrid 56
2 Barcelona 54 
3 Villarreal 46 
4 Atlético 41
-------------
5 Sevilla 39
6 Espanyol 39
--------------- 
7 Racing 38 
8 Almería 36
9 Valencia 35 
10 Getafe 32 
11 Valladolid 31 
12 Mallorca 30 
13 Osasuna 29
14 Athletic 29 
15 Zaragoza 29 
16 Betis 29 
17 Recreativo 29
---------------- 
18 Deportivo 27
19 Murcia 23
20 Levante 16

I saw Madrid lose to Getafe- did you see their goal though, one of the most controversial and incredible you'll ever see. Barca have closed that gap but can't believe Madrid have let it slip from 9 points with 3 defeats in their last 4 games- thats just shocking. I saw again that Atletico and Espanol lost in the race for the Champions League.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2008, 02:54:53 AM »

I saw Madrid lose to Getafe- did you see their goal though, one of the most controversial and incredible you'll ever see. Barca have closed that gap but can't believe Madrid have let it slip from 9 points with 3 defeats in their last 4 games- thats just shocking. I saw again that Atletico and Espanol lost in the race for the Champions League.

referees are pro-Barcelona, just remember what happened last year with Messi and the "hand of god". Madrid is in trouble, after the defeat in Almeria, they lost again at Betis and in Rome, talk in the capital is they can not win anymore away from home, and what is worst they were perfect at home til yesterday. Well we have Liga now!!!
Atletico and Español are in crisis, Español is without captain and striker Tamudo and sadly is the resurrection team, they can beat all the good teams but they also resurrect all the clubs that are near relegation, see Betis, Recreativo and Deportivo. Sad.
Atletico, the same, I was very impressed with Bolton at Manzanares.
Sevilla is the hottest club right now, 5-0 over Zaragoza (with 2 o.g from Zaragoza), they will be 3rd in liga this season as last year and sadly we will never know what the club could achieve this season without Puerta's death, obviously the club went wacko for 2 months.
Right now is very clear CL is : Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla and Villarreal.
Uefa should be: Atletico and Español (Racing and Valencia can clinch the spot with King's Cup final). Valencia is not comingback.
Relegation: Murcia and Levante are obvious, the third club will be a big drama.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2008, 11:09:46 PM »
KING CUP -
FC BARCELONA 1 - 1 VALENCIA CF
Camp Nou, 98,000.
dramatic match, Valencia playing with 10 backs and the goalkeeper shocked the country with the goal -Villa- in the middle ofsecond half,
but miracle, Barcelona cameback in the last minute, Xavi 93'.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2008, 12:20:13 AM »
KING CUP -
FC BARCELONA 1 - 1 VALENCIA CF
Camp Nou, 98,000.
dramatic match, Valencia playing with 10 backs and the goalkeeper shocked the country with the goal -Villa- in the middle ofsecond half,
but miracle, Barcelona cameback in the last minute, Xavi 93'.

And Barca had 29 shots in this game and absolutely battered Valencia, only to have to wait until the 93rd minute to get their goal.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2008, 07:45:44 PM »
KING CUP SEMIFINAL
GETAFE 3 - 1 RACING SANTANDER 1
Coliseum, 25,000. 1-0 De la Red 24' 1-1 Smolarek 27', 2-1 Caquero 57' 3-1 Del Moral 83'   
Getafe played very well and are just one match away to play second consecutive final, they lost to Sevilla last year 1-0 at Bernabeu.
Racing will try a miracle in Snatander to reach first final. 

----------------------------
March 19, semifinals, 2nd leg
Valencia vs Barcelona 1-1
Racing Santander vs Getafe 1-3