Author Topic: LA LIGA !!!!  (Read 47438 times)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
Re: LA LIGA !!!!
« Reply #240 on: April 16, 2008, 03:12:41 PM »
Copa del Rey, The Final : Valencia scores!!!!!
Valencia 1- 0 Getafe !!!!
Mata 4', what a stunn¡ng start!!! only 6 minutes in first half, Valencia 1 - 0 Getafe!!!
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #241 on: April 16, 2008, 03:18:54 PM »
Copa del Rey, The Final : Valencia scores again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Valencia 2- 0 Getafe !!!!
Alexis 11', what a stunn¡ng and amazing start for Valencia !!!
only 12 minutes in first half and Valencia has scored two goals!!!!
Valencia 2 - 0 Getafe!!!
1-0 Mata 6' 2-0 Alexis 11'
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #242 on: April 16, 2008, 03:21:45 PM »
2-0 after 12 minutes hey- what a terrible start in Getafe's biggest ever match, and a huge start for the falling and desperately out of form Valencia!
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #243 on: April 16, 2008, 03:56:16 PM »
2-0 after 12 minutes hey- what a terrible start in Getafe's biggest ever match, and a huge start for the falling and desperately out of form Valencia!
just before HT!!!! and clear Penalty for Getafe!!! Getafe scores!!!
Granero penalty 45+4
Valencia 2 -1 Getafe
1-0 Mata 4' 2-0 Alexis 11' 2-1  Granero pen.45+4'
and Half Time!!!
what a final and what a seond half in the next hour!!!  :cool:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #244 on: April 16, 2008, 04:54:27 PM »
VALENCIA SCORES!!! MORIENTES!!
Valencia 3 -1 Getafe
1-0 Mata 4' 2-0 Alexis 11' 2-1  Granero pen.45+4' 3-1 Morientes 84'
Valencia Copa del Rey 2008 Champions!!!  :)
Valencia - 7 Copa Title!!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #245 on: April 17, 2008, 01:03:33 AM »
Well Valencia get some success at last then! A defeat here and you have to feel there would have been a new man in charge very quickly, but now maybe he will be given more time to sort Valencia out and turn them back into a top 6 team to start with.

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #246 on: April 17, 2008, 10:23:36 AM »
Well done Valencia and Morientes in particular for sealing the win.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #247 on: April 19, 2008, 02:59:18 PM »
Week 33
FT!!!
Barcelona 0 Español 0 !!!!! Camp Nou, 100,000, Barça losing liga and not winning in the derby!!!!! Great Español again in Camp Nou!!!
Zaragoza 3 Recreativo 0 !!! Romareda 42,000, dramatic win for Zaragoza in the fight to avoid relgation against another club involved,
Atlético Madrid 1 Betis 3 !!! Manzanares 70,000, great win for Betis to stay in Primera, Atletico in trouble to stay 4th, last CL spot!!!

Standings
1 R.Madrid 69 play tomorrow at Racing Santander
2 Barcelona 60
3 Villarreal 59 play tomorrow at home vs Valladolid

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #248 on: April 19, 2008, 03:19:31 PM »
Further confirmation on Real already having retained their La Liga title and Barcelona purely playing for Wednesday against us. Good point for your Espanyol though Conchita  :)

Offline Murrayfan11

• Tennis God
  • Historically, still the best team in England! >>
« Reply #249 on: April 20, 2008, 02:29:54 AM »
Further confirmation on Real already having retained their La Liga title and Barcelona purely playing for Wednesday against us. Good point for your Espanyol though Conchita  :)

Are you sure it's not that Barca aren't playing well and won't be against you, so you're bui;lding yourself up for a tough match when it actually may be an easy win? I'd prefer your idea though, that's for sure.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #250 on: April 20, 2008, 02:36:16 AM »

Are you sure it's not that Barca aren't playing well and won't be against you, so you're bui;lding yourself up for a tough match when it actually may be an easy win? I'd prefer your idea though, that's for sure.

In La Liga they're not playing particularly well, only 1 win in about their last 8 so they are struggling but seem to have the ability to turn it on in the Champions League and all the interviews I've seen they've made it clear thats the only one they really want. Also Messi is almost completely back to full fitness and when he plays he makes Barcelona am uch better team. I'd love your idea- that'll be a dream- but I see Barcelona being very strong over the coming 2 matches.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #251 on: April 20, 2008, 02:17:31 PM »
Week 33

Racing Santander 0 - 2 Real Madrid
Villarreal 2 - 0 Valladolid
Levante 3 - 1 Getafe
Osasuna 0 - 1 Deportivo La Coruna
Murcia 1 - 4 Mallorca

Standings (15 points remaining)
1 R.Madrid 72
2 Villarreal 62 
3 Barcelona 61

REAL MADRID CAN WIN LA LIGA NEXT WEEK!!!
liga Real Madrid: winning at home vs Athletic Bilbao and Villarreal and Barça not winning at Betis and Deportivo!!!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #252 on: April 20, 2008, 02:21:31 PM »
Saw some of Real's match and a late goal made it look a little easier than it was but they are so much better and far more consistent right now than any team that it really is going to be as easy as I expected a few months back. Well done Real for almost sewning up yet another La Liga title :applause:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #253 on: April 20, 2008, 02:58:01 PM »
Saw some of Real's match and a late goal made it look a little easier than it was but they are so much better and far more consistent right now than any team that it really is going to be as easy as I expected a few months back. Well done Real for almost sewning up yet another La Liga title :applause:
now with 2 liga titles, Real Madrid will try to make a wonderful team -signing great players- to win CL final in 2010 at Bernabeu.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #254 on: April 20, 2008, 03:02:17 PM »

In La Liga they're not playing particularly well, only 1 win in about their last 8 so they are struggling but seem to have the ability to turn it on in the Champions League and all the interviews I've seen they've made it clear thats the only one they really want. Also Messi is almost completely back to full fitness and when he plays he makes Barcelona am uch better team. I'd love your idea- that'll be a dream- but I see Barcelona being very strong over the coming 2 matches.
that's too funny Chris, I agree with Murrayfan, now as you said Barça simply can not win -1w in last 8 matches-, big crisis, it will be a huge disappointment for United to lose in the semifinals against a club in a big, big, crisis.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #255 on: April 20, 2008, 03:03:07 PM »
now with 2 liga titles, Real Madrid will try to make a wonderful team -signing great players- to win CL final in 2010 at Bernabeu.

For sure the Champions League will and always is Real Madrid's out and out aim and goal at the start of each season. Then 2010 will be an even bigger incentive still to win the Champions League in Madrid- at home!

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #256 on: April 20, 2008, 03:05:48 PM »

that's too funny Chris, I agree with Murrayfan, now as you said Barça simply can not win -1w in last 8 matches-, big crisis, it will be a huge disappointment for United to lose in the semifinals against a club in a big, big, crisis.

Even an out of form team like Barcelona are right now you just can't write off simply because of the players and match winners they have. The front 3 of Messi, Eto and Henry are all capable of taking on an influencing any game in just a couple of seconds. Also Messi is just about fully fit now and Barca are a much stronger and more confident team with him in. Finally as I've said for the past month Barca have only had 1 priority and thats the Champions League- for sure we're the favourites but Barca are dangerous with the individual match winners they have.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #257 on: April 20, 2008, 03:18:40 PM »

Even an out of form team like Barcelona are right now you just can't write off simply because of the players and match winners they have. The front 3 of Messi, Eto and Henry are all capable of taking on an influencing any game in just a couple of seconds. Also Messi is just about fully fit now and Barca are a much stronger and more confident team with him in. Finally as I've said for the past month Barca have only had 1 priority and thats the Champions League- for sure we're the favourites but Barca are dangerous with the individual match winners they have.
Henry has been am embarassment this season, he is sad bc of divorce and that he can not see his son. Barça fans prefer the young Bojan instead of Henry. Etoo said today he will leave the club next season if they dont win a title. There's a lot of pressure, Rijkaard will be sacked if Barça fails to win CL.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2008, 06:54:51 PM »
Round-up: Real win, Valencia thrashed!!!

-Tony Mabert / Reuters-

Real Madrid extended their lead at the top of La Liga to 10 points after they won 2-0 at Racing Santander, while Valencia were dragged deeper into the relegation mire with a 5-1 defeat in Bilbao.

Real captain Raul goal after 13 minutes was enough to take all three points from El Sardinero back to the Spanish capital, giving them a commanding lead over second-placed Villarreal.

The goal was moment of rare fluidity in a workmanlike performance from the defending champions, with Wesley Sneijder and Fernando Gago combining in midfield to feed Robinho out wide on the left. The Brazilian winger then curled in a cross that Raul got the slightest of touches on to steer it underneath goalkeeper Tono.

Substitute Gonzalo Higuain put the gloss on the result in the fourth minute of second-half stoppage time with a clinical low finish.

Racing, who could have moved above Atletico Madrid into fourth place with a win, had the majority of possession for the rest of the match, but failed to convert any of their numerous chances.

Midfielder Jorge Lopez delivered a steady stream of inviting set pieces and crosses, most notably for defender Cesar Navas, who had two good chances to head in from close range in the closing minutes of the first half.

After the break, Racing continued to dominate, but the resistance of the Real defence, especially from former Manchester United full-back Gabriel Heinze, was enough to repel the attacks, and goalkeeper Iker Casillas barely had a save to make.

The win confirms that real will finish the season in the top four, while Racing remain one point out of it.

- - - -

ATHLETIC BILBAO 5-1 VALENCIA

Valencia remain just two points above the relegation zone after being crushed 5-1 at Athletic Bilbao.

Ronald Koeman's side, who won the Copa del Rey on Wednesday night, were three goals down at the San Mames stadium after a brace from Fernando Llorente and one strike from Javi Martinez, before David Villa pulled one back for Los Che. Andoni Iraola and Artiz Aduriz added one more each for the Basque side towards the end.

Despite residing comfortably in mid-table, it was Bilbao who looked the more committed of the two sides, and were the ones creating early chances, and they got their reward after 19 minutes when Javi Martinez shot from the edge of the box was deflected past goalkeeper Juan Luis Mora.

Even after going a goal down, Valencia failed to mount a significant fight back, and they were two down three minutes after the break when the highly impressive Llorente stabbed a finish past Mora.

He got his second 20 minutes later when he tried to lob Mora. The goalkeeper got his fingers to the shot but the loose ball fell back into the path of Llorente for a simple tap-in.

David Villa gave Los Che a glimmer of hope with 15 minutes to go when his free kick deflected off a defender and past Armando Riveiro in the Bilbao goal.

It proved to be too little, far too late as Iraola latched onto a neat reverse pass form Joseba Etxeberria to slot home with five minutes of normal time left, before substitute Aduriz glanced in a header in injury time to complete the rout as a stunned Koeman looked on.

- - - -

LEVANTE 3-1 GETAFE

New Levante coach Jose Angel Moreno was treated to a win on his debut in the dugout against a Getafe side suffering from their midweek Copa del Rey final defeat.

Juanma dribbled past three defenders before striking a spectacular opener for the home side after 40 minutes, and four minutes later French midfielder Mathieu Berson poked in the second.

Pedro Leon raced from his own half to make it 3-0 just after the break and Getafe midfielder Ruben de la Red pulled one back for the visitors from the penalty spot soon after.

- - - -

OSASUNA 0-1 DEPORTIVO

Depor's fourth win in a row keeps them in the hunt for the European places after midfielder Sergio's second-half penalty earned them the points in Pamplona. Osasuna are still threatened with relegation.

- - - -

REAL MURCIA 1-4 REAL MALLORCA

Mallorca effectively sealed their top-flight status with this win pushing Murcia closer to a return to the second division.

Spain striker Daniel Guiza headed the opener early on and Venezula's Juan Arango doubled the lead with another header. Guiza completed his hat-trick after the break and Murcia managed a consolation goal at the end from Brazilian striker Fernando Baiano.

- - - -

VILLARREAL 2-0 VALLADOLID

Valladolid started strongly but were behind after 16 minutes when Turkish striker Nihat Kahveci raced on to Santi Cazorla's pass to score.

Just after the interval Nihat set up Cazorla for the second on a counter-attack to put Manuel Pellegrini's into second place.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #259 on: April 21, 2008, 08:28:05 PM »
First Time ATP Winner Spotlight: Marcel Granollers
-atp.com-

Spaniard Marcel Granollers broke through for his first ATP title on Sunday in the US Men's Clay Court Championship in Houston, defeating No. 8 ranked James Blake in three sets.

After his win Granollers sat down with ATPtennis.com...

Away from tennis, what are your hobbies or interests you enjoy doing?
I like to go out with my friends, to cinema, and stay at home with my family. I also like to follow the R.C.D. Espanol (soccer club) in Barcelona.

----------------

Another champion to add to the club with the most impressive list of celebrity fans!!!  :cool: