Author Topic: LA LIGA !!!!  (Read 44458 times)

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
Re: LA LIGA !!!!
« Reply #380 on: May 14, 2009, 12:35:42 AM »
Awesome stuff from barca.... :thumbs-up:

I hope as you say B that this is the first of our trophies...next up is the La Liga titla and then..................................Champions League relax in the sun for the summer break :winner:

:cheer: :cheer:

Thats all I'm giving you guys  :)~

Congrats on the Cup win last night, it's going to be a fantastic week for both United and Barca  :king:

Naughty Chris  :)~   Thanks chris., it has indeed been great for us to win this one....I hope we get the other two too  :innocent:

The drag of destiny destroys the reins of reason

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
  • Maria!!- Victoria!!- Elena V!!- Maria K!!
    • http://www.mariasharapova.com
« Reply #381 on: May 14, 2009, 12:44:15 AM »

I hope as you say B that this is the first of our trophies...next up is the La Liga titla and then..................................Champions League relax in the sun for the summer break :winner:

Congrats on the Cup win last night, it's going to be a fantastic week for both United and Barca  :king:

Naughty Chris  :)~   Thanks chris., it has indeed been great for us to win this one....I hope we get the other two too  :innocent:

I'm sorry Falcon as much as I like you, that just cannot be arranged to have the next 2 as well  :)~ Just take the 1st 2 and be happy with your season, thats all we can give you here sorry  :)~
Career Grand Slam! 20 time English Champions!

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Maria Sharapova's number 1 Fan!

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #382 on: May 14, 2009, 12:47:22 AM »

I'm sorry Falcon as much as I like you, that just cannot be arranged to have the next 2 as well  :)~ Just take the 1st 2 and be happy with your season, thats all we can give you here sorry  :)~

nyet, non, nahin ,no...there i've said no in 4 languages...anyway as I mentioned in another thread, I wouldn't be disappointed if ManU wins anyway its all in good taste dear chris  :))

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #383 on: May 14, 2009, 01:06:21 AM »

nyet, non, nahin ,no...there i've said no in 4 languages...anyway as I mentioned in another thread, I wouldn't be disappointed if ManU wins anyway its all in good taste dear chris  :))

4 different languages  :rofl_2: very clever Falcon.
I understand, you know I'm just messing with you but serious Barca just can't win this one  :))

Maria, Manchester United, Victoria, Elena V, Maria K, Rafa Nadal, LA Lakers, England Cricket

Offline Borovnia

• Tennis God
  • March 27th 1999 - August 9th 2008
« Reply #384 on: May 17, 2009, 07:09:44 AM »
Madrid lost vs Villareal 3-2 soooo............ we got now........ LA LIGA !!!!!! 19th trophy for Barça. Still 3 games left, we already have the record of points ever achieved (86 and counting), next one is making record of goals (107 Madrid in the eighties, don't remember the year) we have 103 now.

5th dupla (Liga+Copa) .The spanish team with the most, and...let's go for the triplet!!! :))
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 07:10:25 AM by Borovnia »

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #385 on: May 17, 2009, 07:13:13 AM »
Saw Madrid lost last night, Congrats to Barca and Borovnia and Falcon on this success  :) :applause: much deserved and a great season :applause: Special day for us both yesterday :cloud 9: from here lets just hope its United that get the final trophy to remain European Champions :winner: But what a stunning Final we have- the Champions of the 2 biggest Leagues in Football  :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 07:14:50 AM by Chris1987 »

Offline falcon

• Tennis God
  • cooooooooooooooool
« Reply #386 on: May 17, 2009, 09:23:34 AM »
Saw Madrid lost last night, Congrats to Barca and Borovnia and Falcon on this success  :) :applause: much deserved and a great season :applause: Special day for us both yesterday :cloud 9: from here lets just hope its United that get the final trophy to remain European Champions :winner: But what a stunning Final we have- the Champions of the 2 biggest Leagues in Football  :)

Thanks Chris...a perfect season for me  :))

Barcelona blazed a path to their 19th Liga title with a brand of irresistible, attacking football which none of their rivals came close to matching.

Real Madrid made a brave attempt to chase them down, in their own pursuit of a third successive league crown, but were cruelly exposed in a 6-2 battering at the Bernabeu two weeks ago that shattered their morale.

Real fell 3-2 to Villarreal on Saturday, gifting the title to their arch-rivals who do not play at Real Mallorca until Sunday, but that should in no way undermine Barca's achievements.

They have set a points record in a 20-team Liga of 86 with three games left to play, and they are just four goals away from the benchmark of 107 set by Real Madrid in 1989/90.

Former player Pep Guardiola, 38, has been the architect of their success after replacing Frank Rijkaard last year, making an immediate impact in his first season as a top-flight coach.

Before the campaign started, he let the club sell Ronaldinho and Deco but wisely changed his mind and hung on to Samuel Eto'o, this season's top scorer in the league with 28 goals so far.

A defeat and a draw to promoted Numancia and Racing Santander in their opening two matches raised some early doubts, but they never looked back once they hit the top in October.

Guardiola tightened up their defensive organisation to the point where they conceded fewer goals than any other team.

New arrivals such as Daniel Alves and Gerard Pique added some steel, while a fitter squad were better able to swarm over the opposition to quickly win back possession high up the pitch.

Once they had the ball, they mesmerised their rivals with midfield maestros Xavi and Andres Iniesta pulling the strings, just as they had for Luis Aragones's Spain at Euro 2008.

Eto'o, Lionel Messi and a fully fit Thierry Henry were devastating up front. Those three players alone have scored 70 goals between them–only Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid have superseded that tally in the league.

Barca beat Real Madrid 2-0 at home in December to open up a 12-point lead, but it is a credit to the coach of their arch-rivals Juande Ramos, whose league debut was in the Nou Camp, that the title was not wrapped up earlier.

Ramos was drafted in when Bernd Schuster was sacked with the side stumbling towards the end of last year, and managed to make a fight of it against a background of institutional instability caused by the resignation of president Ramon Calderon in January.

Real were ravaged by injuries which ruled Ruud van Nistelrooy, Mahamadou Diarra and Ruben de la Red out for the season, while Arjen Robben spent more time on the treatment table than in action.

They were embarrassed by third tier Real Union in the Cup, and then soundly beaten by Liverpool to exit the Champions League at the first knockout round stage once again.

But without ever really impressing they strung together a remarkable run of 17 league victories from 18 matches to cut the gap back to four points, before their charge was abruptly halted in its tracks at the Bernabeu.

Barca's fight for honours on three fronts saw them lift the Cup after a 4-1 final victory over Athletic Bilbao on Wednesday and book a place in the Champions League final against Manchester United on May 27.

They almost inevitably dropped points, but they were merciless against their direct rivals.

In six meetings against the three sides likely to join them in the Champions League next season, Real, Sevilla and Valencia, they have won five and drawn one, scoring 21 times and conceding just four. Valencia are 27 points adrift in fourth place.

Johan Cruyff's Barcelona won four consecutive league titles between 1991 and 1994 with Guardiola as the midfield general. Their Liga rivals need to buck up their ideas if he is not to inspire a repeat performance.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 09:27:46 AM by falcon »

Offline eduardo1960

• Tennis Enthusiast
« Reply #387 on: December 21, 2009, 09:15:51 PM »
Madrid and Barça against fighting for the title

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #388 on: May 15, 2010, 06:50:35 AM »
good bye to captain raul tamudo.

best player in 110 years of RCDE

GRACIAS POR TODO, NUMERO 1!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqX3Itg_-w0[/youtube]

Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #389 on: May 15, 2010, 07:37:54 AM »
la liga, last week, CET

SATURDAY
6:00 Athletic Club vs Deportivo, nothing to play for
8:00 Zaragoza vs Villarreal
8:00 Atl. Madrid vs Getafe
Villarreal and Getafe 1 club for the uefa cup
10:00 Almeria vs Sevilla
10:00 Mallorca vs Espanyol
Sevilla and Mallorca 1 club for the champions league

SUNDAY 7:00 CET
Osasuna vs Xerez
Barcelona vs Valladolid
Valencia vs Tenerife
Racing vs Sporting
Malaga vs Real Madrid
Barça and Real for la liga
Xerez, Valladolid, Tenerife, Racing and Malaga, 3 clubs for relegation.

next wednesday, KING'S CUP FINAL: Atletico Madrid vs Sevilla
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 12:53:00 PM by conchita »
Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #390 on: May 15, 2010, 11:36:54 AM »
Good to see you around Conchita :) hope you've been well!

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #391 on: May 15, 2010, 12:25:12 PM »
Hola Christopher! :) I am waiting for a pm from you, Mr.Taylor.
it has been the saddest and most difficult football season of my life but I do not want to talk about it. I guess I will need time to overcome and remember only the good things about him.
Kind Regards! :)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #392 on: May 16, 2010, 05:51:26 AM »
LAST SATURDAY

Almeria 2 - Sevilla 3
Mallorca 2 - Espanyol 0

Atletico Madrid 0 - Getafe 3
Zaragoza 3 - Villarreal 3

Athletic Club 2 - Deportivo 0

only 3 comments:
-Espanyol went to holidays to Mallorca while Almeria was "overexcited", late drama Sevilla got the goal to qualify for the champions league in the 94th minute. Mallorca to uefa cup.
-Getafe is in the uefa cup, Villarreal no. Atletico Madrid with the chance to win 2 titles while Real Madrid are selling shirts of Cristiano.
-today at 7:00 all the country stops, la liga, no clubs yet relegated. save the best for last.

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #393 on: May 16, 2010, 06:32:11 AM »
Hola Christopher! :) I am waiting for a pm from you, Mr.Taylor.
it has been the saddest and most difficult football season of my life but I do not want to talk about it. I guess I will need time to overcome and remember only the good things about him.
Kind Regards! :)

Definitely remember the happy things and memories of your lost captain, such a sad and unexpected thing like that will always stay with you and your club but have to think of the good memories.

Btw since I last spoke to you I've been a few more places but the 1 that may interest you most is that I went to Barcelona last October :)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #394 on: May 16, 2010, 06:35:52 AM »
I knew you came to Barcelona in October, one comment of you for the davis cup final about the views from the Sacred Mountain.
did you like the city? the girls? ;-()
no need to mention I am extremely happy and proud for you to become a mod. :)

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #395 on: May 16, 2010, 06:55:11 AM »
I knew you came to Barcelona in October, one comment of you for the davis cup final about the views from the Sacred Mountain.
did you like the city? the girls? ;-()
no need to mention I am extremely happy and proud for you to become a mod. :)

That whole complex and area up the Sacred Mountain of where the Davis Cup Final was held and Olympics is absolutely amazing and if possible even better than you always told me it was, it was fantastic :yahoo: I loved the city very much, the city centre itself had so much in it and going on, so much to see and amazing how 2 minutes from the city centre you come to the most beautiful port and beaches you could see. Just an amazing place, I took so many pictures and loved my time there very much :) the girls of course are very nice there too  :))
Thanks very much on your kind words of becoming a Mod here :) its all fun and I enjoy it. Now I just hope you'll be back here again all the time :)

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #396 on: May 16, 2010, 10:56:05 AM »
Chris, from the bottom of my heart, I have travelled 5 continents trying to find a better place to live than Barcelona, and only 2 places, Sydney and NYCity. I had a great experience in London, grosvesnor square but I was only 20 y.old.

You could have stay in my house. the beaches are great, I agree.

so how many girls did you meet? ok, don't answer,  ;-() catalan girls are not easy.

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #397 on: May 16, 2010, 01:59:45 PM »
Barcelona 4 - Valladolid 0
Malaga 1 - Real Madrid 1
Valencia 1 - Tenerife 0
Racing 2 - Sporting 0
Osasuna 1 - Xerez 1

FINAL STANDINGS
1 Barcelona  99
2 Real Madrid  96
3 Valencia  71
4 Sevilla  63
---------------
5 Mallorca  62
6 Getafe  58
-----------------
7 Villarreal  56
8 Athletic  54
9 Atlético  47
10 Deportivo  47
11 Espanyol  44
12 Osasuna  43
13 Almería  42
14 Zaragoza  41
15 Sporting  40
16 Racing  39
17 Málaga  37
--------------------
18 Valladolid  36
19 Tenerife  36
20 Xerez  34

Offline Chris1987

• Tennis God
« Reply #398 on: May 16, 2010, 03:00:35 PM »
Chris, from the bottom of my heart, I have travelled 5 continents trying to find a better place to live than Barcelona, and only 2 places, Sydney and NYCity. I had a great experience in London, grosvesnor square but I was only 20 y.old.

You could have stay in my house. the beaches are great, I agree.

so how many girls did you meet? ok, don't answer,  ;-() catalan girls are not easy.

Fantastic place isn't it and I'm not surprised you only see New York and Sydney as the 2 places that are better. London I don't really like so you've not missed much not seeing it in the last few years.

I really wish you had been around here when I was going to Barcelona as know you'd have given me lots of advice and things to see and would have been fantastic to have met up with you :)

No girls in particular  :rofl_2: I can imagine you catalan girls aren't that easy  :rofl_2:

Offline conchita

• Tennis God
« Reply #399 on: May 21, 2010, 02:30:10 PM »
Kings Cup Final, Sevilla 2 - Atletico Madrid 0. 1st goal in the 4th minute, 2nd in the 90'. Atletico had the ball possesssion but the defense of Sevilla held.

All eyes are at the Bernabeu.